TESTERS WANTED! ×

Grass roots effort in changing who buys with a hole in one.

Hole in one, who buys?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who should buy in the event of a hole in one?

• The person that dunked it.
    • Buddies in his 4 some.
    • The club's bar.
    • Everyone in the club's bar that wants to.
    • Mayor McCheese.

I often hear how stupid and messed up it is to have the person who gets a hole in one, has to buy everyone a round when it should be the opposite. I for one agree on this. I am not sure if this has been covered before (and I sure it has) but what is it going to take to change this. A USGA rule announcement? If everyone can get on board maybe, we get this push through.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

I wouldn't seeing it changed or at least modified. I shouldn't have to spend a Nickle if I ever get one. That said, I'll buy my group some good drinks, but I am in no way buying some dude who has no idea why he's getting a free  drink go top shelf, F that. I'm more than happy to buy them what they just had which is a jack & coke or bloody mary. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Idiotic that the player who hit the hole-in-one has to pay. Makes zero sense!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

10 hours ago, JFish350 said:

I wouldn't seeing it changed or at least modified. I shouldn't have to spend a Nickle if I ever get one. That said, I'll buy my group some good drinks, but I am in no way buying some dude who has no idea why he's getting a free  drink go top shelf, F that. I'm more than happy to buy them what they just had which is a jack & coke or bloody mary. 

That is a choice I should have put in there, "only the buddies in his 4 some." That was all I had to do fortunately.

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

I had my first two HIO's this year.  The first one was EXPENSIVE!!  The second, not as much since I was playing by myself and was lucky enough to have someone else see it on the course.  

That said, I have a problem with it in a sense.  There's a celebration component to it because let's face it we don't get one every day.  BUT, like many have said when you go in there and people are top shelfing it like crazy, that's pisses me off.  The first one, we had a group of 8 people playing.  The 4 in front of my group already started the celebration before I even got to the clubhouse.  Needless to say, I don't think ANYONE in that group of guys will ever do that again because I refused to pay for all their top shelf drinks that they consumed before I ever even got in the door.  Ridiculous.  

In my humble opinion, I think the only group of people you should have to pay for are the ones you were playing with.  And that should be one drink.  The rest of the drinks from them and anyone else in the clubhouse that wishes to participate should be bought for the person who got the HIO.  Just seems fair to do it that way and realistic.  And if you must buy, it should be a couple pitchers of the beer of your choice and that's that.  Not top shelf Goose, Dickel or whatever else the idiots think they are now due! 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

I had my first two HIO's this year.  The first one was EXPENSIVE!!  The second, not as much since I was playing by myself and was lucky enough to have someone else see it on the course.  

That said, I have a problem with it in a sense.  There's a celebration component to it because let's face it we don't get one every day.  BUT, like many have said when you go in there and people are top shelfing it like crazy, that's pisses me off.  The first one, we had a group of 8 people playing.  The 4 in front of my group already started the celebration before I even got to the clubhouse.  Needless to say, I don't think ANYONE in that group of guys will ever do that again because I refused to pay for all their top shelf drinks that they consumed before I ever even got in the door.  Ridiculous.  

In my humble opinion, I think the only group of people you should have to pay for are the ones you were playing with.  And that should be one drink.  The rest of the drinks from them and anyone else in the clubhouse that wishes to participate should be bought for the person who got the HIO.  Just seems fair to do it that way and realistic.  And if you must buy, it should be a couple pitchers of the beer of your choice and that's that.  Not top shelf Goose, Dickel or whatever else the idiots think they are now due! 

I agree with you. One drink unless you want more. I had mine on a rainy day. Most of our group didn't play and there wasn't anyone in the club house when we got there. I bought a round on the course (the cart girl pulled up as I was getting the ball out) and 2 more per person as well as a plate of appetizers in the club. Fortunately, I purchased the insurance (for the first time ever (there was a reason why)) and had nearly 4 bills to work with. Had my group showed that day, it would have been 12-16 guys plus all the other possible coat tailers in the club.... In the end, I ended up with just about enough to cover 3 new vokeys. 😬

In my Vessel bag:

18 hours ago, Riverboat said:

Never going to change. Golf is a game of traditions, and this one is firmly entrenched and OLD. I would think making a hole in one would make you happy enough that you would want to share the feeling, which I'm sure is the reason for the tradition. 

Disclaimer: Having said what I just said, I see no problem with placing restrictions on what you will pay for. I can't stand the jerks who can't wait to take advantage of this type of situation to order a $40 drink. I don't even like the beer snobs who ignore the pitchers everyone else is drinking from to order their craft crap, then want to split the bill evenly at the end of the night. Pay for your own chocolate milk with a touch of raspberry stout you hipster doofus.

The warden at home doesn't care what I shot.  Me buying a round for strangers because I did something well on the course would not go over well and I'm more afraid of Latina Rage than I am of people not liking me for not buying them a drink.

In reality, I play with a core group of guys that don't go higher than Jack or Crown and will drink whatever beer is cold so it's not an issue.  It's also not a concern because I've accepted that I will never hit the shot we're discussing.  But I couldn't care less about a tradition that says I should buy a round for anyone not in my group.  

You don't HAVE to buy anyone a drink. It's not a rule, it's a tradition - the USGA doesn't have anything to do with it.

And you certainly don't have to buy for everyone on site that day. It could be your foursome (you want witnesses), our foursomes, or league if that's the case.

We have a couple every year in league (60+ friends & acquaintances) or regulars (20 friends). Worst one was $400+, lowest was about $60. It’s only good for one beer per person, and everyone knows that - some people don’t even order but most do. No one I play with would be an asshat and order more than a $5 beer much less a $40 drink. If someone did, we would all spread the word and that bozo would be excluded thereafter from HIO if not play altogether.

And you guys must have a lot of hole in ones to worry about it. If I ever get my second HIO, it‘ll be with guys I know, and I won’t mind paying. I’ve had four free HIO beers in the past 2 years.

This is like the tipping servers in restaurants. Some people are fine with it, while some people who don't want to tip want the rules changed to suit their choice. First world problems...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

It’s a pretty rare occurrence in golf. Buying a round for the group or even those in the clubhouse as a way to celebrate it works for me. I have no issue with it not changing.

Guys buy cigars or whatever for their buddies to announce the birth of their child.

But to each their own

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

So a quick google search gives some insight into the tradition.

1. To thank the golf gods

This is what I always thought the reason was.  It's more of a "thanks golf gods for this wonderful gift, I will now pay it forward to my fellow warriors (golfers)".   

2. to keep people honest

Thinking here is that if you have to buy people drinks you're less likely to lie about getting a hole in one. Logically, this one makes a ton of sense.

Even with the above "reasons", I understand feeling jaded in having to buy drinks.  I've frequently thought about this and what I would do is just give $50 to the clubhouse and say drinks on me until that is out. That pays for about 6 pitchers with my member discount which is plenty as far as I'm concerned.  I have the advantage that at my home club we don't have a liquor license so it's beer only.  And I'll echo everyone else in saying if someone ordered some top shelf drink they can go straight to hell, and if they tried to pull that on me (assuming they are some rando) I'd laugh at them and tell them to make sure to tip the bartender when they pay for their own drink.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

For those against it, are you going to decline a free drink from someone who made a hole in one and came in while you were in the clubhouse or were part of the group when it happened?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 hours ago, Riverboat said:

Sounds like you play with a good group of guys. If everyone were that considerate, the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, the asshats of the world are lurking everywhere, just waiting to get their jollies making someone else's life miserable. Too many people find it really funny sticking it to their "friends" and sticking them with a huge bill on a day that should be nothing but fun for them. 

This somewhat from a few in our group. A couple of guys (who also can't take a joke on themselves but want to dish it out) want to "put it to you" because you busted their balls at some point for something that was probably well deserved. We have one guy who likes to order food for the table that no one asks for and then makes everyone chip in when the bill comes. This is how I learned the fine art of the "Irish goodbye."

Edited by Muckinfiddle

In my Vessel bag:

As stated before, it is a tradition, not a rule and you can interpret it however you want. Depending on the circumstances and how large your group is you decide whether to just buy for your buddies that witnessed it or the extended group you play with, your choice.

I speak from experience in that I have had five myself. I did not buy for anyone I did not know. In my case no one tried to be a jerk and if they were, they can pay for their own drink. I have also enjoyed the hospitality of others that have had their aces.

Play everything from the hickory era to modern equipment.

I've had three aces myself, over 50 years of playing golf.  When you amortize it that way, the cost per decade will never be too high.  The first, I was playing with my soon-to-be father in law, at his club, and he covered the tab.  The second was at my home club, and we have insurance, and specific rules about what can be ordered, so no big deal.  The last was at an inter-club match, playing away.  That one could have been expensive, except that a lot of that crowd doesn't drink at their home club, they go to a bar about a mile away.  Since this club and the bar are both close to my home, and my wife is both a golfer and an angel, I drove home, and she drove me to the bar.  We stayed for something over an hour, picked up the tab for their team.  Well, she did, I had my share too.

None of that goes to the issue, though.  At a private club, most will have some kind of insurance scheme, and some kind of limits, it shouldn't be that big a deal.  Playing away from home, or at public courses, I'd happily buy a couple of rounds for my group, no matter how big "my group" is, but I would make it clear its not to cover top-shelf stuff.  I don't feel required to buy for everyone at the golf course that day.  But I do like the idea of the lucky ace guy buying drinks, with some reasonable limits.  I would hate to see that custom get reversed.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

For my first one my friends bought for me because they thought it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen.  

On my second one, the members I was playing with in a play-with-the-pro were so amazed, THEY picked up the tab.

And for my third one, The guy who brought us out (Adios GC, IYKYK) told me there was no way I could afford the tab so we went to a pub back north where we lived and I bought.  

I suppose it has more to do with who you're playing with than anything. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I believe a lot of the way this is handled is dependent on where one is playing.  I play at a private club, where only members (and guests) play.  We have the option to purchase into the "hole in one pool" where you pay a small fee every time someone gets a HIO and that person gets the pool.  The pool money goes toward paying the bar bill and there's typically money left over after that.  So the sting of the tradition isn't felt in the back pocket.    If I were to get a HIO at a muni or other public course, where I didn't even know 95% of the people there, I would not be opening a tab at the bar for them!  I would gladly buy my group a round, but that would be the extent of it.  Where it might get sticky would be at a league event where you're playing with the same group of guys/gals on a weekly basis.  Again, I don't think I would open the bar under those circumstances.  Whether I could afford the $200-500 bar tab is irrelevant. It's just plain silly.  When I first started playing, I seem to remember that the tradition only applied to one's group.  How it grew to anyone and everyone in the bar is beyond me.

I've had one HIO.  It was at a private club during a tournament.  Word was out as soon as it happened.  People not even playing in the event jumped into their carts/cars and made their way to the bar to reap the benefits.  Fortunately, I was in the HIO pot and the $250 bar bill was covered by the $450 pot.  It does amaze me that there are some really inconsiderate idiots that feel that need to order an expensive drink that they wouldn't order if they had to pay for it themselves.  I'm not a big drinker and typically drink Diet Pepsi or a root beer after my round.  If someone gets a HIO, that's typically what I order on their tab.  No biggie and I certainly don't take advantage of the situation and order a shot of Patron Silver just because someone else is paying!

Since it's not a rule, there's nothing binding you to buy a round.  You certainly won't be the first to not do so, nor the last.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, Pandaman said:

At my club the bar staff put an open bottle of scotch on the bar, with glasses and a note saying who did it at which hole.

The lucky player then replaces the bottle 'like for like' from a local supermarket rather than pay bar priced for it.

I’ve never heard of this, but it sounds like a great solution.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys
12 hours ago, Riverboat said:

I hope you at least told them how it was supposed to work. I'd feel very guilty letting them pay otherwise. 

They're all private club golfers, they understand.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

In Korea, insurance firm offer hole-in-one insurance for golfers as it is quite an expensive affair to have a hole in one.    Celebration, tips for caddie, gifts for the foursome, etc. where generally the lucky golfer is expected to spend thousands of dollars.   

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro
1 hour ago, pakman92 said:

In Korea, it's quite common for golfers to buy 'hole in one' insurance as it is quite an expensive affair to have a hole in one.    Celebration, tips for caddie, gifts for the foursome, etc. where generally the lucky golfer is expected to spend thousands of dollars.   

WOW!!!!!  We always knew golf was expensive, but this goes beyond expectations!  😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Im not quite sure what happens at my club when someone gets a hole in one. I do know all members get billed on their monthly statement like $2 when someone else gets a hole in one. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

9 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I don't think so! LOL.

@silver & black I don't know why anyone would question the truthfulness of my statement.   But, here's link to such an insurance product from Samsung Fire Insurance Co.

골프보험 | 보험상품/대출 - 삼성화재 다이렉트 (samsungfire.com)   Looks like they offer same day insurance (for the day of your round, you'd purchase prior to the round).  They also offer longer term insurance of 2-3 years in duration.  Premiums are obviously cheap given the likelihood of a claim being filed.   

Anyway, @silver & black I just looked at Google translated version of the page and the translation was pretty good in English, you can check it out if you wish.   Please note that I wouldn't make a statement without knowing with certainty that the statement is true.

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro
9 minutes ago, pakman92 said:

@silver & black I don't know why anyone would question the truthfulness of my statement.   But, here's link to such an insurance product from Samsung Fire Insurance Co.

골프보험 | 보험상품/대출 - 삼성화재 다이렉트 (samsungfire.com)   Looks like they offer same day insurance (for the day of your round, you'd purchase prior to the round).  They also offer longer term insurance of 2-3 years in duration.  Premiums are obviously cheap given the likelihood of a claim being filed.   

Anyway, @silver & black I just looked at Google translated version of the page and the translation was pretty good in English, you can check it out if you wish.   Please note that I wouldn't make a statement without knowing with certainty that the statement is true.

I wasn't questioning the truthfulness of your post. I was saying I don't think so as far as me ever spending that kind of money on a hole in one!

5 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I wasn't questioning the truthfulness of your post. I was saying I don't think so as far as me ever spending that kind of money on a hole in one!

@silver & black Sorry man, I misunderstood.   You go me looking for an example of such a product during which I found this article about hole-in-one insurance fraud.  He claimed hole in one 6 times during 15 month period.   Naturally, he got caught.     Some 140 golfers caught for insurance fraud : The DONG-A ILBO (donga.com)

Sorry, still busy trying to extricate myself from...

Spoiler

... but, when I do, those in my group can order whatever drink they want on me.  If anyone else in the clubhouse wants to toast my fortune, they can but their own.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Im not quite sure what happens at my club when someone gets a hole in one. I do know all members get billed on their monthly statement like $2 when someone else gets a hole in one. 

That's similar to what my previous club did....when someone gets a HIO, everyone pays 2 bucks.  The person getting the HIO gets his bill credited with the pot amount.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:58 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

For those against it, are you going to decline a free drink from someone who made a hole in one and came in while you were in the clubhouse or were part of the group when it happened?

If I am part of the group and see it I will buy that person a drink. If I happen to be in the clubhouse and someone comes in and says they just got a HIO, congrats to them and onto the practice range for me. I will only take a beer if they insist. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I was lucky this past season and had an ace while playing with my regular Saturday morning crew (12-16 people) I bought a sleeve of ProV1 for the three that were part of my four some.  I sponsored a $100 closest to the hole challenge but I kept winning it.   My group was much more generous to me.  I got a new pair of Adidas golf shoes and a trophy.

4E5C7EB1-24A7-47C4-8DF0-6010DC284BAC.jpeg