Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Justin Leonard leaves (Nike Golf) for (Taylormade Golf)

GolfSpy_X

He has only won 2 or 3 times since leaving Ben Hogan, well Callaway made Ben Hogan leave him, so it was time to do something. I am a Justin Leonard fan. And a Ben Hogan golf club fan. Taylormade and Nike not so much but hopefully this change will help him get some more wins. Besides, at Nike he will always be in Tiger's shadow.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

No real thoughts on the switch, I'm sure it's just a $$$ thing (that's not a knock, who wouldn't want more $$$). The only reason I pay attention to Justin Leonard is that he's my wife's favorite golfer because he's from west Texas like her.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Matt's probably right...all about the $$$. With just about any of these guys on tour it's about the $$$ because the equipment is basically all the same (even if their contractually obligated to say otherwise).

It's a bigger loss for Nike than it is a get for TaylorMade. A bit off topic, but Nike needs to go find themselves the next Rickie Fowler...and quickly. As a company their roster is getting a little long in the tooth...and overall, isn't producing much.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Matt's probably right...all about the $$. With just about any of these guys on tour it's about the $$ because the equipment is basically all the same (even if their contractually obligated to say otherwise).

It's a bigger loss for Nike than it is a get for TaylorMade. A bit off topic, but Nike needs to go find themselves the next Rickie Fowler...and quickly. As a company their roster is getting a little long in the tooth...and overall, isn't producing much.

Good point about the relative value of Leonard to TM vs. Nike.

Nike's staff was awesome for a minute: an up and coming AK, Cink and Glover winning majors, Tiger's dominance for a long time (I always enjoyed Nike boasting that they had the best staff when 90% of their staff's stats were Tiger). It will be interesting to see if they can find, as T said, the next Fowler, or perhaps steal someone with some name recognition.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Callaway is the one that needs to find the next Ricky Fowler or Bud Cauley. All the "young guns" seem to be either Titleist or Taylormade. Callaways main draws on are Phil Mickelson, Annika, and Arnold Palmer. They have no young blood. However, I could sit and watch Sandra Gal and Morgan Pressel in those short skirts all day and become a big Callaway fan. Nike has Tiger. They also have some others but Tiger is going to have more wins than the others combined. Adams, while they have just landed Kenny Perry, still have the preception of an old man's club. They are not but that is how I think of them.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived