TESTERS WANTED! ×

Seven wood anyone?

HAC

I have a 3, 5, 7(21°) wood and then a 23° hybrid.  I use the Hybrid mostly from the rough but I find the 7wood easier to hit and longer

:titelist-small: TS2 Driver 50g Regular Shaft

:wilson_staff_small: D7 3 Wood 15°,  D7 5 Wood 18°, D7 7 Wood 21°

:titelist-small: TS2 23 degrees hybrid

:titelist-small: T400 6, 7 Iron, :titelist-small: T300 8 - P, 48°

:wilson_staff_small: Wedges 55°, 60° 

:wilson_staff_small: "The L" Infinite Putter

:titelist-small: Players 4+ StaDry Carry Bag

:titelist-small: ProV1 / :bridgestone-small: BRX/S Golf Balls

I’ve played a 7 wood for several years.  I tried different ones with (TM, PING, CALLY) different shafts and lengths.  I find them much easier than hybrids or  long irons, but I’m a sweeper and woods work better for me.  You might lose a few years, but no big loss, only a few.  Highly recommend 7 wood. Heck buy a used one and give it a test run, you’ll like it. 

Ping g400 max driver

Cally 7 and 5 wood 

ping g400 irons

cleveland wedge

I carry both.  See my signature.

TXG Custom Cobra F9 9.5*,  Accra 140 M2 

TXG Custom Cobra F9 14.5* , Accra 140 M2 

TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. Black 5-wood. 17.5*, Accra 140 M2 

TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood 21*, Accra 140 M R

TXG Custom PXG 0211, 6-pw, Recoil E460 R

Callaway Jaws MD5 46*, Tour Issue DG S200 

Cleveland RTX4 55/08, Tour Issue DG S400

TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo

TXG Custom Cobra King Nova, 25 gram weights, Garsen Non-Taper grip

I'm Carrying 3,5 and 9 woods Ping 425s. The 9 wood replaces my 4 and 5 irons. Having some back issues Iwas trying to swing a bit easier and my long irons would only get 10 feet off the ground and then run for ever. Adding a 9wood helped me get the ball up in the air much easier and now that I'm able to swing harder I still love it. For me woods fly higher than hybrids and give me a better chance to hold a green from long distance. I still need to practice more to cover that 5 iron distance (195) but a full swing gets me 215 - 222 and fits in well with my 3 and 5 wood. 

I rediscovered the awesomeness of 7 woods this past season after being very frustrated with my 3 hybrid - hookapotomous. I dug up my old Callaway Steelhead 7 (with a steel shaft) and hit it so much better than the hybrids I’ve owned. Great for approaches from over 200 or when I need to hit a high ball over a tree. 

The only thing now is I’m considering updating to a newer model. I play the 410 3 wood in the flat setting, so I would love to get a Ping 410 or the Callaway Epic Flash.

Or I could stick with my “retro” steel shafted Steelhead… decisions, decisions. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

I switched from a 22 degree hybrid to a 7 wood last year.  I had one years ago and loved it.  I love the club.  Hit it higher than the hybrid, just as long or longer and could, generally, draw it less than the hybrid.  Works great out of the rough and really solid on long par 3's (I hit it about 200 yards - 60 year old 9 handicap) and it lands softly.  Great for laying up on par 5's as well. 

I live in NC, golf as often as possible, play the Amateur Players Tour when I can 

I plan on adding a 7 wood this spring like I use to have at one time.  I have Ping G410 woods and would like to match them but have not been able to find a new G410.  I should have ordered a 7 wood a couple of years ago.  May start trying out diff manufactures. 

Edited by CrazyGolfNut
  • Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

Absolutely - give it a go!

I was struggling with a players distance iron (the Ping i500) and too heavy/ stiff of a shaft, so was not getting enough height. I have never got on with hybrids, so that was a non-starter. So I switched to a set of Mizuno MP-18 MMC's and put the Neo Green shaft in stiff in them. Much better performance for all my irons (distance and height), but still struggled to get what I needed from my 4-iron - even in the Fli-Hi version. So, my fitter suggested a 7-wood, but of course, could not find one when I started looking last summer. I just kept browsing eBay and the stores (preferred TaylorMade to match my 3- and 5- woods) and luckily found one on Callaway's preowned site. It is a Sim-2 Max 7-wood with the blue Ventus in stiff. It has indeed become a money club in the few rounds I played before the season ended here in Ohio.

If I read what's in your bag correctly, you have Taylormade woods, so I would try to stay within the 'family'. I would bet you have immediate confidence with it and never go back.

Good luck!

In our Men’s Group the 7 wood has been the most popular addition to people’s golf bag over the last two years.  I added a never used older model Tour Edge XCG7 21 degree 7 wood to my bag a little over a year ago and it is by far the easiest fairway wood to hit off of the deck that I’ve ever had and decent off the tee as well.

According to Arccos with 285 rounds captured now and 20,800 shots the Smart Distance of my 7 wood is 209 yards and the Smart Range is 199-211 yards.

I also added a Taylormade SIM TI 19 deg. 5 wood that is lofted down to 17.5 deg.   Arccos Smart Distance is 224 yards and Smart Range is 214-226.  The 5 wood is definitely better off the tee than the fairway.

My confidence in the 7 wood taking on a long carry is much higher than using the 5 wood.  The 5 wood trajectory is much lower.  I would say I hit the 7 wood well about 8 out of 10 times and the 5 wood maybe 5 out of 10.

The higher lofted fairway woods have really helped my long game.  Better trajectory, more carry distance and similar total distance to the clubs they replaced. 

I also have a Tour Edge EXS 21 degree 4 utility Iron.  Great off the tee, but nothing but low bullets from the fairway.  A wonderful club if you have to hit a low runner under trees or into wind. But fairly one dimensional.

Edited by Hoyoymac
Misspellings

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

On 1/23/2022 at 6:29 PM, russtopherb said:

I had a Heavenwood for quite a long time and it was money for me. Loved the ballflight and soft landings that it had. Recently replaced it with a HyWood to have better performance off the ground. Old club was 21* and the new one is 18*. 

My 5 wood is 18 degrees.  Wonder if this would be any difference (in distance) than my 5 wood.  Thanks.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

20 hours ago, Alfred DuPuy said:

Absolutely - give it a go!

I was struggling with a players distance iron (the Ping i500) and too heavy/ stiff of a shaft, so was not getting enough height. I have never got on with hybrids, so that was a non-starter. So I switched to a set of Mizuno MP-18 MMC's and put the Neo Green shaft in stiff in them. Much better performance for all my irons (distance and height), but still struggled to get what I needed from my 4-iron - even in the Fli-Hi version. So, my fitter suggested a 7-wood, but of course, could not find one when I started looking last summer. I just kept browsing eBay and the stores (preferred TaylorMade to match my 3- and 5- woods) and luckily found one on Callaway's preowned site. It is a Sim-2 Max 7-wood with the blue Ventus in stiff. It has indeed become a money club in the few rounds I played before the season ended here in Ohio.

If I read what's in your bag correctly, you have Taylormade woods, so I would try to stay within the 'family'. I would bet you have immediate confidence with it and never go back.

Good luck!

I would love to try staying with TaylorMade, but, they don't make 7 or 9 woods in lefthanded models.  I will have to find brands that do.

•  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

Thanks everyone.  Did not realize so many people used a 7 wood.  Now, I have to find a couple to demo that come in left-handed models, always the challenge.

• Bridgestone B X.

Love my callaway heavenwood, original model Epic, which is the same as a 7 wood. I just looked and the callaway pre-owned site has left handed 7 wood, Epic Speed, like new, for $179.00. Would make a great experiment to see if it better fits your needs.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

23 hours ago, Marnold2000 said:

Hope you guys might help.  I have been looking into getting a 7 wood as well but i haven't had time to get fit or even hit one in a monitor.  As i have never owned one, i don't have a clue on the distance i would hit one.  I have a 100 mph driver swing and i hit my titleist Tsi3 4 hybrid 200 yards.    I am a 5-6 handicap now.

I have a 5 wood i rarely use and don't it much further than my 4 hybrid which has a Tensei White 90gr stiff shaft.  I am just wondering if a 7 wood might fly as far as a 5 but higher. I can't seem to find a 5 wood i like.  Would a 7 wood be redundant with my 4 hybrid?  i know its tough to answer but maybe someone hits the ball the same length as i do that might give me an idea.

I think we are kind of similar so here is what I can offer in my case. Our swing speeds are close but I am in the high 90's. My 5 wood is spot on at 200 yards and my 7 wood is 185 /190. I would suggest you get an adjustable club so you can adjust the loft or trajectory to get your gap between clubs just right. I picked up the cobra F6 new unwrapped a model year later for something like $100.00. I have it set for a higher launch due to the course I play with a lot of elevation into some of the greens. I couldn't get a hybrid to get the flight I needed. But I can adjust it by moving the weights to a penetrating flight.

Hope this helps    

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

24 minutes ago, HAC said:

Thanks everyone.  Did not realize so many people used a 7 wood.  Now, I have to find a couple to demo that come in left-handed models, always the challenge.

Callaway's 2018 Rogue model had a left-handed 7W in both the men's and women's models. I mention women's in that the men's 7Ws sold out immediately and are a scarce item. I checked the Rogue model specs, and found that the men's and women's versions had the same loft, lie and head size. So, I found a women's model for $100 and had my clubsmith reshaft it.

7W has been a versatile club ever since. Good for approaches off fairway, blasts ball out of medium rough (much better than 3H I no longer carry), and tee shots on longish par 3s and tight par 4s.

As for the pros:

Scott Stallings said this in a Sept 2019 Golf Digest article (p. 36):

"My 7 wood is a more versatile than a utility iron. I can hit it high or low, and the height on full shots into par 5s is so helpful, especially when you're coming in from 240 to 260 yards. I've found a utility 2- or 3-iron doesn't stop very well from that distance."

What's In The Bag

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° set 9.5°, weights neutral  ||  Fairways:  Calla Rogue 4W (17°) + 7W (21°)
Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Osize 4H (22°)  ||  Irons:  Callaway Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  Calla MD3 / 48°,  and... MD4 / 54° , 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)
Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred), or Srixon QStar Tour

1 hour ago, HAC said:

My 5 wood is 18 degrees.  Wonder if this would be any difference (in distance) than my 5 wood.  Thanks.

I’m not sure, especially since I was only able to hit it on a launch monitor so far. It’s just a little bit cold over here to be outside on the golf course, if I could even find one that was open 🤣 All signs so far point to it being a very easy club to hit off the tee, and elevate off of the deck thanks to the rails on the sole. I’m really looking forward to giving it a good spin in a few months.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I’m all in on lofted fairway metals. I have Ping G425 7 and 9 woods. I also have 6&7 hybrids. 

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I hit my 3h and 7 wood around the same distance, but I use the 7 wood when I need to hit a much higher shot. It isn't very often that I need it, but when I do it is very reliable.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

18 hours ago, Greenside said:

Callaway's 2018 Rogue model had a left-handed 7W in both the men's and women's models.

I looked at a few web sites yesterday and found that Callaway, XXIO and Ping make left-handed 7 woods (although neither PGA Superstore nor Golf Galaxy has them on their website) and that TaylorMade and Titleist do not.  Callaway often has demo days at our club so I will go to one of those.  Thanks.

• Bridgestone B X.

Hybrids were theoretically created because fairway woods were seemingly more difficult to hit.  And in most cases this is true.  However in my experience the 21*-22* #4 hybrids, were never that beneficial or easier to hit.  A 7 wood is a very utilitarian club.  Often times on sketchy lies it is easier to hit a solid 7 wood, rather than a 3 or a 5 wood.  If you want to take a look at the new Cleveland Halo XL  7 fairway wood.  For 30-40% less in price, they make a very easy to launch and solid hitting fairway wood.  My vote:  #5 hybrid YES #4 hybrid NO.  7 fairway wood, a big YES.  Often times just a 3HL (16.5*) 3 wood, and a 21* 7 wood, are all you need.

Callaway Epic Flash (not the Sub-Zero version) and any of the last 3 or 4 generations of Tour Edge Exotics 7-woods, particularly the C721 model, are among the best, and easiest to hit, 7-wood models you will ever find.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 1/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, HAC said:

Right now, I play a 5 wood and two hybrids.  I really like my 25 degree hybrid but am inconsistent with my 21 degree hybrid.  I am thinking of demoing a 7 wood this year to replace the 21 degree hybrid.  Has anyone done this and do they go about the same distance?

Note, my biggest issue in this is not too many companies make 7 woods in left-handed clubs.  So, we will see if this works out.  I usually end up with some shop credit over the course of the year as a result of senior events at my club, so the cost likely won't be too much if I do this later in the year.  Last year, I think I got about $200 or so for the cost of $35 joining the senior group - we have over 80 members of the senior group, but in a given week, generally only about 30 members play.  So, the guys who play these events regularly tend to come out ahead (the events are based on net scores and mostly as part of a team).

Depending on brand, you can get woods with either 3 or 4degrees of loft between clubs. I have 3" between each of my FOUR fairway woods. I have a 21" 7 wood and a 24" wood in my bag and have for more than 12 years now. I don't have any hybrids in my bag and I don't miss them one bit. For me, my 9 wood is good for 205 yards carry with very little roll, so it's great for sticking the ball where it lands on the greens. Great for long par 3's and approach shots too. NOT a lot of high loft woods these days so you might have to do some looking to find what you want. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

I love Titleist hybrids and carry a 17* and a 21*.  Love the versatility of those clubs.  Off the tee, fairway or rough they are my money clubs.  My longest iron is a five iron and these fill in the gaps between the five iron and my three wood which is a 15* set at 16.5*.  It plays very strong because of the shafts I have in my fairway/hybrids/driver (Fujukura tour speeders).  I know a lot of seniors in the league I play in have 5 and 7 woods but I can hit my hybrids farther than most of their drivers.  Our senior group members ages range from 62-92.  My driver is set at 10.75*.  I know some find hitting a hybrid difficult which I did at first until one of our pros explained years ago that you cannot hit a hybrid like a fairway.  You have to hit it like you would hit your irons and I found that they go long and high following that advice.  Do not see a 5 or 7 going in my bag.  My bag is all dialed in on my distances.  It took a while, but it was worth it.  😃

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

• 2 weeks later...

Been carrying the Old V-Steel listed in my signature every since the V-Steels came out when ever that was. I think I had it 3 or 4 years and the stock shaft broke at the hosel . The shaft I have in it now has been in it since then. Yeah my go to club. I can not hit it as far as I used to but I can hit several different shots with it. I have never liked the looks of hybrids and I can not depend on them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I added a Speedzone 7w with tense blue R shaft last year to my bag for a gapping issue I was have between 5w and 4 hybrid. I can hit the Speedzone 4 hybrid up to 185 yards but I trouble getting much height and stop on long approach shots. With 7w I have a range from 170 - 195 depending on how hard I swing, plus I can hit it very high and can depend on the ball to stop when I hit the green! One of my favorite clubs in my bag.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Looks like I came to the right place. Last year I had an unsuccessful polygamous relationship with a Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid and a Cobra King Utility. Both were fantastic in their good moments.. which were rare.. but for the most part were temperamental and just seemed to not like me very much. I'm sure it had something to do with each knowing that I was sharing my time with the other.. and I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with me.. 😜

I recently got rid of both and found me a minty Ping G400 7 wood that I'll be picking up tomorrow. IMO any club in the G400 range will probably stay relevant for at least the next 5 years. 

I've been toying with this idea for a few months and the right club for the right price just happened to push me over the edge. Sure she might be a little old and dusty, but she's purdy, sturdy, can handle my $#!t and love me in return. That's all I need. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG