TESTERS WANTED! ×

Seven wood anyone?

HAC

On 1/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, HAC said:

Right now, I play a 5 wood and two hybrids.  I really like my 25 degree hybrid but am inconsistent with my 21 degree hybrid.  I am thinking of demoing a 7 wood this year to replace the 21 degree hybrid.  Has anyone done this and do they go about the same distance?

Note, my biggest issue in this is not too many companies make 7 woods in left-handed clubs.  So, we will see if this works out.  I usually end up with some shop credit over the course of the year as a result of senior events at my club, so the cost likely won't be too much if I do this later in the year.  Last year, I think I got about $200 or so for the cost of $35 joining the senior group - we have over 80 members of the senior group, but in a given week, generally only about 30 members play.  So, the guys who play these events regularly tend to come out ahead (the events are based on net scores and mostly as part of a team).

Callaway makes a Rogue 7 wood for left handed golfers.  I bought mine for a shot over water from a downhill lie from a 3 hybrid distance.  I can fly the 7 wood almost as far as I hit the 3 hybrid including a lot of roll.  Love it!

:callaway-small: Epic Driver

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood

:callaway-small: Rogue 7 wood

:mizuno-small: Irons Hot Metal Pro 4 - G

:titleist-small: Wedges 52 and 56

:ping-small: Putter Fetch

I went to my local club fitter and he replaced by my hybrids (3,4) with a 7 wood. I couldn't be happier!!! Not only was able to gain an extra wedge but absolutely love having a consistent 190yd club.

Avid Golfer playing over 30+ years

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Wood: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Titleist 910H

Irons: PXG Gen4 0311T

Wedges: Volkey 56 Callaway 60 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've played 4 and 5 hybrids in the past, but misses were hooks and pulls.  After a year of better ball striking, I put a 4 utility build and 5 iron back into play.  I don't play the 7 wood from the rough, but love it from tight lies or off the tee.  Distances are 210-220.  No more hook misses and pulls are less than hybrids.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

On 1/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, HAC said:

Right now, I play a 5 wood and two hybrids.  I really like my 25 degree hybrid but am inconsistent with my 21 degree hybrid.  I am thinking of demoing a 7 wood this year to replace the 21 degree hybrid.  Has anyone done this and do they go about the same distance?

Note, my biggest issue in this is not too many companies make 7 woods in left-handed clubs.  So, we will see if this works out.  I usually end up with some shop credit over the course of the year as a result of senior events at my club, so the cost likely won't be too much if I do this later in the year.  Last year, I think I got about $200 or so for the cost of $35 joining the senior group - we have over 80 members of the senior group, but in a given week, generally only about 30 members play.  So, the guys who play these events regularly tend to come out ahead (the events are based on net scores and mostly as part of a team).

Check out the Sims 7 wood I believe there is a left handed model

J.D. Skip Perrey

I use an 18⁰ Titleist TSi. Sort of 7 woodish. Hit it straight and high. Have hit it 240 yds., but usually in the 225 yd. range. My hybrid is a 22⁰ Taylormade SLDR. I hit it lower and usually with a slight draw. Hit it in the 185-200 yd. range. I'm a 9 handicap, 74 years old. Play Callaway Apex DCB irons, ping G400 driver, Cleveland Razor wedges. The TSi is my go to club. Love it.

Up and down from anywhere.

The good and bad with my Srixon ZX 7 wood is that I can hit a boomerang hook with it when I need to... and I can hit a boomerang hook with it when I'm not trying to.  Haha. 

But it completely change my confidence in the middle of my bag.  A 7 wood is definitely worth a look if you aren't in sync with a hybrid, or want towering height for steep angles into tight greens.   

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Hi All,

I have been using a Tour Edge 7W for the last two seasons.  I picked it up for two reason:

1.  Lack of elevation and distance with a 4 hybrid.

2.  A multitude of fairway bunkers on my home course.

What really closed the deal for me was a shot from a steep fairway bunker that landed on the green from around 160 yards out.  Quite a surprisinf result.

Reached out to sub70 about a potential build for me. Wont be buying until closer to the start of next season but want to be certain on what i am getting. The one thing that worries me is that is may be too spiny. I liked the PXG ones with the 3 adjustable weights (and the proto which had a forward weight) but they do not have any 80g shaft options that are not $200+.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Talked with Jason today. When the time comes to order I’ll roll with the 7w in the Adila NV 85x shaft tipped an extra 1/4” to prevent hooks. Also came to the conclusion that I am hooking my hybrid because it is a soft stepped XS shaft. This makes me wonder if the tip stiffness of my irons is causing me the hooks in the longer clubs. May need a fitting check once my off-season of gym work and speed gains are done. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

On 9/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Reached out to sub70 about a potential build for me. Wont be buying until closer to the start of next season but want to be certain on what i am getting. The one thing that worries me is that is may be too spiny. I liked the PXG ones with the 3 adjustable weights (and the proto which had a forward weight) but they do not have any 80g shaft options that are not $200+.

If you're open to other brands, you might want to check with Tour Edge.  The E722 7wood is available with a number of no-charge shaft options, including the Tensei Blue 75 (77g stiff flex or 78g X flex).  They're currently $249 less 15% with promo code 2022CDGA15.  Srixon has some no-cost premium shaft options on the ZX 7wood, but they're currently out of stock on heads and couldn't say when or if they'd get more.  Ping just lowered the price of the G425 fairways to $249 as well, and they had a decent selection of shaft upgrades available.   

Edit:  just saw your most recent post.  Sounds like Sub70 has what you need.  

Edited by Hacker Rod

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

I replaced my 17* Super Hybrid with a RADSpeed 5wood a few months ago, and so far the results have been very good -- much more consistent.  Like many others, I'm fed up with hooking my 21* hybrid, so I ordered a Tour Edge E722 7wood.  Ordered, custom-built and shipped all in the same day.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

Just ordered a Ping G425MAX 7-Wood today. With the price drop I couldn't resist.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

On 5/11/2022 at 7:46 PM, dusterdavid said:

Gobucs@att.net 

I have a Callaway Mavrik 7 wood.  Super easy to hit...I use it from 175-185.  Also have a Mavrik 9 wood (even easier to hit) 165-175 and a Mavrik 4 wood 200-210.  I have an 88mph swing speed and use reg shafts 3/4" under

Just saw this and curious - have u ever hit the corresponding Rogue ST Max woods?  I tried some demo’s and liked but curious if there is really any upgrade over the Mavrik?

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

I mentioned on this topic earlier that I moved from a 19 hybrid to a Callaway Epic HeavenWood (not sure if that was ever intended to be a "for like" change), but after playing a few rounds with this in the bag--what a great move.  I was never comfortable with a hybrid and was forcing it.  When I made good contact with a hybrid I pulled it.  I am susceptible to the pull even with the HeavenWood, but it pretty much happens when I overswing.

I seem to have found a groove with this club where I have controlled the distance effectively from 175 to 230.  As a result, I rarely grab the 3W unless I'm in the tee box. 

What a great club and if a 7 wood is anything like this HeavenWood I understand the love.

• Driver-:titleist-small:- TSr3 9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

7 hours ago, KevB_44 said:

I mentioned on this topic earlier that I moved from a 19 hybrid to a Callaway Epic HeavenWood (not sure if that was ever intended to be a "for like" change), but after playing a few rounds with this in the bag--what a great move.  I was never comfortable with a hybrid and was forcing it.  When I made good contact with a hybrid I pulled it.  I am susceptible to the pull even with the HeavenWood, but it pretty much happens when I overswing.

I seem to have found a groove with this club where I have controlled the distance effectively from 175 to 230.  As a result, I rarely grab the 3W unless I'm in the tee box. 

What a great club and if a 7 wood is anything like this HeavenWood I understand the love.

I did the same except I replaced my 16º hybrid with the Epic Max Heavenwood.  The Heavenwood is a strong 7W with a 4W length shaft.  I loved it so much and hit it very well, I thought I could hit the Epic Max 3W... I was right!  I have never been able to hit any other 3W very well, which is why I used the 2H.  I loved them both so much that I replaced my 4H with the Epic Max 9W; also a great move.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It’s amazing to me all the different variations we all come up with and are happy with, well happy for a while.  The MGS forum members are very creative!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I did the same except I replaced my 16º hybrid with the Epic Max Heavenwood.  The Heavenwood is a strong 7W with a 4W length shaft.  I loved it so much and hit it very well, I thought I could hit the Epic Max 3W... I was right!  I have never been able to hit any other 3W very well, which is why I used the 2H.  I loved them both so much that I replaced my 4H with the Epic Max 9W; also a great move.

Funny--after i got the Epic Max Heavenwood, I looked at the Cobra 3W (my only Cobra club) which I was OK with, and thought to myself--"I wonder what I can do with an Epic Max 3W..." so I investigated and found improved performance there too.  I don't use it much on the FW with how well the HW flies, but very nice ooff of the tee.  I guess I am an Epic Max fan.

• Driver-:titleist-small:- TSr3 9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

47 minutes ago, KevB_44 said:

Funny--after i got the Epic Max Heavenwood, I looked at the Cobra 3W (my only Cobra club) which I was OK with, and thought to myself--"I wonder what I can do with an Epic Max 3W..." so I investigated and found improved performance there too.  I don't use it much on the FW with how well the HW flies, but very nice ooff of the tee.  I guess I am an Epic Max fan.

I don't need a 3W off any tee at my course; it's a club to advance the ball as far as possible on par 5's.  Same with the Heavenwood actually when the 3W is just too much.  My swing speed isn't very high, but I can launch the 3W off the turf quite well; the Heavenwood launches much higher but doesn't roll out as much.  The 9W is my approach club when I have longer than my 5i if I want to have a high shot, otherwise I still use my 4i if I need to keep it down.  I'm an Epic Max fan as well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 9:49 AM, Hacker Milt said:

Callaway makes a Rogue 7 wood for left handed golfers.  I bought mine for a shot over water from a downhill lie from a 3 hybrid distance.  I can fly the 7 wood almost as far as I hit the 3 hybrid including a lot of roll.  Love it!

Yes, I have been using my 7 wood for some downhill shots and for shots from the rough.  Love it.

Edited by HAC
  • :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, KevB_44 said:

Hmmm, I’ve recently gotten a 5 and now a 7 epic max, and absolutely love them. I also have a cobra 3 wood that I like but don’t love like my epics…

I have a par 5 that a tall row of eucalyptus forces everyone to try to hook around, or lay up for a 100 yd shot. So today I went right at it with my 7 wood and sure as can be, it made it over and left me a 20 yd chip.  

I LOVE my 7 wood…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

Hmmm, I’ve recently gotten a 5 and now a 7 epic max, and absolutely love them. I also have a cobra 3 wood that I like but don’t love like my epics…

I have a par 5 that a tall row of eucalyptus forces everyone to try to hook around, or lay up for a 100 yd shot. So today I went right at it with my 7 wood and sure as can be, it made it over and left me a 20 yd chip.  

I LOVE my 7 wood…

I love my Heavenwood for the same reason.  I also love my Epic Max 3W... except when I don't.  🤣  But it's 80% Love and I know the other 20% is due to my amateur status!!  

Recently I bought PING G425 7 wood just to experiment and compare against my 4 hybrid. Yesterday I put 7 wood in the bag for the first time. Despite the fact I hit my 4 hybrid usually quite well, 7 wood is in another league. As long I keep my tempo somehow manageable (which has recently been a struggle for me) the flight is high, straight (with the hosel on flat setting) and even borderline skulled shots somehow manage to get airbourne which is huge confidence boost for those shots over water, bushes in doglegs and onto elevated greens.

I have to compare 4 hybrid and 7 wood from the rough but initial results are very promising. What are MGS forum members experience with 7 wood shots out of rough, especially compared to a hybrid?

Edited by Calvo90

:ping-small:  G425 MAX, 10,5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 60S

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 10,5°, Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS, 60S

:taylormade-small: The Original One Mini Driver, 13,5°,  Fujikura Ventus Red 70S

:ping-small: G425 MAX 5 wood, 7 wood, Tensei AV Orange 75R

:srixon-small: Z U65 4, Z565 5-6, Z765 7-8 , Z965 9-PW, Project X 5.5,

:ping-small: Glide 4.0, 52°, Z-115, 58°, Z-115

:EVNROLL: ER5, 34'', Gravity Grip

2 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

Recently I bought PING G425 7 wood just to experiment and compare against my 4 hybrid. Yesterday I put 7 wood in the bag for the first time. Despite the fact I hit my 4 hybrid usually quite well, 7 wood is in another league. As long I keep my tempo somehow manageable (which has recently been a struggle for me) the flight is high, straight (with the hosel on flat setting) and even borderline skulled shots somehow manage to get airbourne which is huge confidence boost for those shots over water, bushes in doglegs and onto elevated greens.

I have to compare 4 hybrid and 7 wood from the rough but initial results are very promising. What are MGS forum members experience with 7 wood shots out of rough, especially compared to a hybrid?

Neither club likes Bermuda rough, need more loft to get out of that “stuff”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

Out of our Bermuda/zoysia mix rough, my HeavenWood will "sometimes" work.  Much more success with the 5H when it's sitting down, which it is 90% of the time.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

Out of our Bermuda/zoysia mix rough, my HeavenWood will "sometimes" work.  Much more success with the 5H when it's sitting down, which it is 90% of the time.

5H does work much better. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

22 hours ago, Calvo90 said:

Currently I carry a G425 max 4 hybrid and a 7 wood.  Love them both.  For me the 7 wood is more versatile in flight, while I am more comfortable hitting the 4H from different lies (ball above/below feet), due to the shorter shaft.  I find more success out of medium to long rough with the 4H.  I suspect that is because of how I swing the shorter shaft and maybe how I mentally approach the shot (I've never felt confident hitting any fairway wood out of rough).  Off short rough of fairway lies, I much prefer the 7W.  I find it easier to elevate, and am more confident controlling distance with it.

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

On 9/24/2022 at 8:18 AM, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

Currently I carry a G425 max 4 hybrid and a 7 wood.  Love them both.  For me the 7 wood is more versatile in flight, while I am more comfortable hitting the 4H from different lies (ball above/below feet), due to the shorter shaft.  I find more success out of medium to long rough with the 4H.  I suspect that is because of how I swing the shorter shaft and maybe how I mentally approach the shot (I've never felt confident hitting any fairway wood out of rough).  Off short rough of fairway lies, I much prefer the 7W.  I find it easier to elevate, and am more confident controlling distance with it.

My initial experience is the same. I still have to try ''chop down'' shot with the fairway wood when the ball is nestled in the rough but currently we are having too much rain. Winter is coming...

:ping-small:  G425 MAX, 10,5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 60S

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 10,5°, Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS, 60S

:taylormade-small: The Original One Mini Driver, 13,5°,  Fujikura Ventus Red 70S

:ping-small: G425 MAX 5 wood, 7 wood, Tensei AV Orange 75R

:srixon-small: Z U65 4, Z565 5-6, Z765 7-8 , Z965 9-PW, Project X 5.5,

:ping-small: Glide 4.0, 52°, Z-115, 58°, Z-115

:EVNROLL: ER5, 34'', Gravity Grip

so my question for others. 7 wood or UW? I have a chance to get either around the same price, so that is not a con/pro for me.

My Reviews:

4 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

so my question for others. 7 wood or UW? I have a chance to get either around the same price, so that is not a con/pro for me.

Assuming you have a 58-60° wedge already I would say the UW would be used more frequently but I don't know your game.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-