TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 TaylorMade Announces Spider Expansion Lineup

Golfspy_CG2

TAYLORMADE GOLF COMPANY EXPANDS IDENTITY OF ACCLAIMED SPIDER FRANCHISE WITH THE ALL-NEW SPIDER GT FAMILY OF PUTTERS

CARLSBAD, Calif. (Jan. 25, 2022) – TaylorMade Spider putters are amongst the most recognizable in the world, utilizing unique shapes and materials to deliver industry-leading performance in high-MOI mallets, and now they have a whole new identity.

415595 spider%20gt%20family%203 528468 large 1642801172

Today, TaylorMade Golf Company introduces the Spider GT family with four new additions to the acclaimed Spider franchise: Spider GT, Spider GT Notchback, Spider GT Rollback and Spider GT Splitback. The four models set a new standard of performance and contemporary construction, headlined by a Spider GT with its modern wing design and ultra-lightweight top plate.

SPIDER GT

The most striking feature of the Spider GT is the lightweight 145g top plate made from 6061 aluminum, which eliminates excess weight in the middle of the putter and carries a short sightline for alignment. Combined with the ultralight top plate, a first of its kind open frame multi-material design features two 90g steel side weights that push 82 percent of the putter’s total weight to the perimeter. This creates extreme stability on off-center strikes.

415620 spider%20gt%20red%20tech c770da large 1642804177

The Spider GT top plate is crafted from lightweight aluminum for both a premium look and increased durability compared to paint or PVD finishes. The four anodized finishes for Spider GT are silver, black, red and white for the Spider GT women’s model, which also features a three-dot sightline for alignment.

415601 tm22ptr spider gt core family lfs jpo 01641 v1 fc08da large 1642802663

Spider GT’s contemporary design has the Pure Roll² co-molded insert for improved forward roll and ball speed consistency across the face. Pure Roll² is a firmer insert, manufactured of black TPU urethane with silver aluminum beams at a 45° angle designed to improve topspin across the face.

415623-Spider%20GT%20Red%20Short%20Slant

415608-Spider%20GT%20Light%20Blue%20SB%2

SPECIFICATIONS, PRICING & AVAILABILITY  

Spider GT will be available for preorder on February 15 and at retail beginning March 4 with an MSRP of $349 USD. Available lengths include 33", 34" and 35". Offered in four different top-plate colorways: Silver, Red, Black and a White women’s offering.

Hosel options include single bend and short slant. The short slant design combines with Spider GT’s extreme perimeter weighting to generate 21° of toe hang for a more vertical angle, delivering a putter that best fits players with moderate face rotation in the putting stroke. The CG has been moved closer to face for an improved face rotation. The single bend hosel and modern design create a face balanced putter that better fits players with a straight-back and straight-through putting motion.

Spider GT comes equipped with the TaylorMade Fluted Feel™ shaft and Super Stroke GT 1.0 Black/Red grip. The white Womens offering, with light blue wings, comes at 33” and the Super Stroke GT 1.0 Light Blue/Gray grip. Additionally, the headcover for the entire Spider GT family has been upgraded with a magnetic closure, offering a more premium and durable headcover compared to Velcro.

SPIDER GT NOTCHBACK

Spider GT Notchback blends traditional design with contemporary construction to create a time-honored shape. CG is positioned the farthest forward with Notchback’s to make face rotation easier.

415633-Spider%20GT%20Notchback%20SB%20AD

Spider GT Notchback will be available for preorder on February 15 and at retail beginning March 4 with an MSRP of $299 USD. Available lengths include 34" and 35" and it is offered in a Silver colorway. Hosel options include single bend and short slant. The short slant hosel combines with Spider GT Notchback’s extreme perimeter weighting to generate 30° of toe hang for players with moderate face rotation in the putting stroke. The single bend hosel creates a face-balanced putter that better fits a straight-back and straight-through putting motion. It comes equipped with the TaylorMade Fluted Feel™ shaft and Super Stroke GT 1.0 Black/Red grip.

SPIDER GT ROLLBACK

Spider GT Rollback is a classic half-moon design enhanced by a heavy tungsten rollbar for added perimeter weighting and increased stability. Rollback creates confidence at address with a raised, curved center section that is the same width of a golf ball. This makes it easy to center the ball in the address position and three contrasting black sightlines provide clear alignment with the hole.

415634-TM22PTR_TA367_Spider_GT_Rollback_

Spider GT Rollback will be available for preorder on February 15 and at retail beginning March 4 with an MSRP of $299 USD. Available lengths include 34" and 35" and it is offered in a Silver/Black and all Silver colorway. Hosel options include single bend and the all-new short slant. The short slant hosel combines with Spider GT Rollback’s extreme perimeter weighting to generate 21° of toe hang for players with moderate face rotation in the putting stroke. The single bend hosel creates a face-balanced putter that better fits a straight-back and straight-through putting motion. It comes equipped with the TaylorMade Fluted Feel™ shaft and Super Stroke GT 1.0 Black/Red grip.

SPIDER GT SPLITBACK

Spider GT Splitback features a refined 304-stainless steel construction with geometric shaping and urethane foam strategically injected inside the putter head.

415643 spider%20gt%20splitback%20black%20sb%20lifestyle%204 c499cf large 1642806936

The split mass “winged” design allowed TaylorMade designers to redistribute mass around the perimeter of the putter in order to maximize MOI and stability. In this shape, a steel body naturally provides more perimeter weighting than an aluminum one.

Due to the high density of steel, the wing sections of the design needed to be partially pocketed out to remove excess weight. The chambers within the wings are filled with feel foam, similar to the SpeedFoam™ material used in P·770/P·790 irons. This helps fill the voids and damp vibrations, resulting in better sound and feel.

415648 tm22ptr ta383 spider gt splitback black single bend lfs jpo 01342 v1%20%282%29 f2fd1e large 1642807230

Spider GT Splitback incorporates one of the standout features of Spider X with True Path™, TaylorMade’s ball alignment and stroke visualization aid. While standing over Spider GT Splitback, True Path is highly visible and seamlessly integrated into the head. The contrasting white section, black sightline and arrow-shaped rear edge help golfers visualize their putting stroke and ball path before ever executing the putt.

415644-Spider%20GT%20Splitback%20Short%2

Spider GT Splitback will be available for preorder on February 15 and at retail beginning March 4 with an MSRP of $299 USD. Available lengths include 34" and 35" and it is offered in a Black colorway. Hosel options include single bend and short slant. The 85° short slant hosel combines with Spider GT Splitback’s extreme perimeter weighting to generate 25° of toe hang for players with moderate face rotation in the putting stroke. The single bend hosel creates a face-balanced putter that better fits a straight-back and straight-through putting motion. It comes equipped with the TaylorMade Fluted Feel™ shaft and Super Stroke GT 1.0 Black/Red grip.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Okay I might be in love with the GT series... WOW!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m kinda digging the all black GT. I like the little notch in the back.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

20 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’m kinda digging the all black GT. I like the little notch in the back.  

Who among us doesn't 🙂

Yeah, I could go for the Splitback model, kinda screams the No. 7 or Tyne 4 style, both of which I've putted very well with.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

These don't look like spiders. They look like beetles.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Who among us doesn't 🙂

Raising 🖐.    Sorry just don’t like the looks in pictures or in person.  I took the cover off and put it right back on.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

46 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Raising 🖐.    Sorry just don’t like the looks in pictures or in person.  I took the cover off and put it right back on.  

But to be fair you are also the “Don’t trade with BNG” guy. Lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

It's really difficult to improve upon something that is such a phenomenal success.  

I'd lean Spider GT Black just on looks.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'm obviously not in the putter market, but interested to see how they do at the price point. With new head shapes but not really new technology I just don't see them making dents against Odyssey, Ping, Cobra even at that price point, and now with Spider X below that as well. I'll be intrigued to see

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

The Splitback and Notchback 😍

I wonder if their TP lineup will get any new additions. I've loved mine but could always be swayed into something shiny and new!

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Meh. Would I do a fitting and test vs Edel? Sure! Putter launches are kind of blah to me. Same old stuff, new packaging.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

31 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Meh. Would I do a fitting and test vs Edel? Sure! Putter launches are kind of blah to me. Same old stuff, new packaging.

But this packaging is some pretty! 

Looking at it trying to see why my eye is drawn to it so much and finally figured it out. I loved my ketch mid and my Tyne and to me it looks line those two had a baby and this came out as the GT. I think for sure I'll be looking into this seriously. Hopefully can find a good fitter to see if the performance matches the eye test.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

As many if you know Most Wanted Mallet testing is underway and I tested the Spyder GT yesterday.  Overall the putter didn’t look that bad; not great but I could live with it and flowed well with my stroke and performed as well as any other mallet.  The biggest issue was the sound at impact.   I hope that the one they sent to MGS has a defect or something because it sounds like a cheap plastic putter at impact.  Harry hadn’t rolled it before and he was as shocked as I was when he hit the putter.   Seemed like you could change the sound if the loft was delivered differently but if this is what all the GT putters sound like, it is definitely a huge miss, IMO.  It will be interesting to see if the others have the same type of sound at impact.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

As many if you know Most Wanted Mallet testing is underway and I tested the Spyder GT yesterday.  Overall the putter didn’t look that bad; not great but I could live with it and flowed well with my stroke and performed as well as any other mallet.  The biggest issue was the sound at impact.   I hope that the one they sent to MGS has a defect or something because it sounds like a cheap plastic putter at impact.  Harry hadn’t rolled it before and he was as shocked as I was when he hit the putter.   Seemed like you could change the sound if the loft was delivered differently but if this is what all the GT putters sound like, it is definitely a huge miss, IMO.  It will be interesting to see if the others have the same type of sound at impact.  

It shouldn't matter, but it does. I had a season with the Odyssey EXO Indianapolis, and despite liking the putter, the plastic sound at impact was really off-putting.

It's one of the things I've really appreciated about my Edel: in my judgment, it's the most "neutral" sound at address I've experienced. It's not clickly, not mushy. I just don't notice it, which means it's doing something right.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It shouldn't matter, but it does.

So true.   I can get past lots of different sounds on a putter if it works for me but sometimes, like this one it is so off putting that I wouldn’t touch it.    I also look at the QC type things..another putter; different brand, that would have performed better except the grip was rotated about 10 degrees to the right so either the face was closed or you grip felt off.  Missed most every putt left outside of 5 feet and I missed a bunch of the 5 footers.  Of course it is an easy fix but I don’t feel like I should have to remove the grip and put it on straight . 

47 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Certainly have me intrigued to hear the sound. I have two very different putters in the strokelab7 and ping Tyne (first edition). Both sound crazy different and at least statistically my putting is about the same with both. I am still really curious about this line. They pass the eye test

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Certainly have me intrigued to hear the sound. I have two very different putters in the strokelab7 and ping Tyne (first edition). Both sound crazy different and at least statistically my putting is about the same with both. I am still really curious about this line. They pass the eye test

I know Bennett was trying to capture it with her phone which didn’t seem to work well….I wish she would have gotten Harry’s first reaction; his was surprise just like mine was   Depending on timing on Monday; back for another session, I’ll see what I can do on my phone.  

Give me a Carolina blue GT anyday.

The spider has been one of the best otr putters imo over the last several years. Only thing that might be better or at least more underrated is the pxg lineup.

Im a scotty fan and prefer non inserts but I could roll with these 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

16 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Give me a Carolina blue GT anyday.

The spider has been one of the best otr putters imo over the last several years. Only thing that might be better or at least more underrated is the pxg lineup.

Im a scotty fan and prefer non inserts but I could roll with these 

Everyone has their preferences.  TM typically releases good putters and while this years shapes are not my favorite the only bad thing was the sound on the on e I tested yesterday.  This years PXG stuff has been really good.   I’d personally pick the Ping releases as my favorite so far this year.  Every putter has its nuances but that are all pretty good; you just need to find the ones that work with your stroke.  ”Bad” putters for me  are the ones hat seem to fight my stroke and rotation, but they might be perfect for someone else.  

I am not trying to steer anyone away from the GT, just advising you to roll one to check the sound as it would be a total disappointment for me.   

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Everyone has their preferences.  TM typically releases good putters and while this years shapes are not my favorite the only bad thing was the sound on the on e I tested yesterday.  This years PXG stuff has been really good.   I’d personally pick the Ping releases as my favorite so far this year.  Every putter has its nuances but that are all pretty good; you just need to find the ones that work with your stroke.  ”Bad” putters for me  are the ones hat seem to fight my stroke and rotation, but they might be perfect for someone else.  

I am not trying to steer anyone away from the GT, just advising you to roll one to check the sound as it would be a total disappointment for me.   

For sure. I’m taking an older scotty button back, a tei3, non insert np2 or several circle t models over anything on the market today. Oringal Toulon we’re real good but once they switched to odyssey and got more into the mass produced side they are meh

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 1/25/2022 at 3:50 PM, TBS said:

The Splitback and Notchback 😍

I wonder if their TP lineup will get any new additions. I've loved mine but could always be swayed into something shiny and new!

The Notchback is sweet...

In relation to the blades (TP), as long as they maintain the 'MyTP' program not sure what more they can do except come out with a 'no insert' blade (Which they won't do, they believe inserts are the best tech). The 'MyTP' blade program is awesome, I have 2 custom beauties and I'm surprised more don't take up this option as it's quite reasonable price wise...

All said, blades seem to be going the way of the Dodo as companies focus on more malletts. I can see a lot of companies maintaining a small blade offerring, but mallets are where sexy's at.

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)