Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2022 Srixon New Q-Star Tour Official Launch

Golfspy_CG2

Srixon Announces the New Q-STAR TOUR 

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Jan. 26, 2022 — SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball technology and innovation, introduces the new Q-STAR TOUR golf ball. Now in its fourth generation, the Srixon Q-STAR TOUR officially launches in North America today. 

The new Q-STAR TOUR delivers the softest golf ball with tour-level performance from Srixon. The Q-STAR TOUR is calibrated to fit moderate swing speed players that seek the distance and spin of a tour-caliber ball. 

“The new and improved Q-STAR TOUR continues to deliver tour-caliber performance with a softer feel compared to our other tour-level offerings,” said Brian Schielke, General Manager at Srixon. “This ball provides the distance all golfers need with the greenside spin and control to attack the toughest of pins.” 

Tour performance starts around the greens and the fourth generation Q-STAR TOUR delivers with an ultra-thin, premium urethane cover that’s coated in Slide Ring Material (SeRM). Q-STAR TOUR features Srixon’s Spin Skin with SeRM coating that increases friction on every strike. That added friction and bite means more spin and more control when attacking even the toughest of pins.

p.png

In fact, during robotic testing commissioned by Srixon, the new Q-STAR TOUR delivered almost 400RPM more spin than a few close competitors. 

Meanwhile, the FastLayer Core, with its graduated transition from soft inner core to firm outer edge, behaves like a core with thousands of layers, providing distance and softer feel without compromise. The new Q-STAR TOUR features the softest FastLayer Core with tour-caliber performance from Srixon.

p.png

Key Technologies:

• FastLayer Core: The FastLayer Core offers distance and soft feel without compromise due to a gradual transition from soft inner core to firm outer edge.
  • SpinSkin with SeRM: A urethane coating with flexible molecular bonds digs deep into wedge and iron grooves for increased friction on every strike and maximum spin.
  • New Alignment Aid: A new, longer side stamp helps align those crucial putts.
  • 338 Speed Dimple Pattern: Providing a penetrating ball flight in all conditions, the optimal dimple design increases lift and deduces drag to maximize distance.

Retail Information and Pricing 

Price: $34.99

U.S. Retail Launch Date: January 26, 2022

Color Offerings: Pure White, Tour Yellow

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I still have a couple doz left of the last version but I’m excited to try this one out as soon as I lose all of those 🤪

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yeah, I was going to say it but didn't want to mention it in the press release copy, but I was a bit wsurprised that there was no mention of it being out of the lineup, for a year, if I recall.  I could be mistaken though. 

But the prior version was always a good seller for us in the shop. But didn't fare so well in the MGS Ball Test if I recall as well. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The MGS test said one thing but my ballflight and scoring with it said another. So I’ll happily buy more of it. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 4 months later...

I loved last version of the Q Star Tour, so I put in an order for the new version with their buy 2 get 1 promotion. They should be delivered today just in time for me to try them out at league tonight.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

• 3 months later...

So, I just recently switched to the Q Star Tour from the Z Star XV.  Figured it'd be a huge change and take a while to adjust, but it really hasn't.  I've actually played some of my best golf with this ball.  Wondering if anyone can point me to a breakdown of the four (?) generations and how to ID them.  I normally buy balls from lostgolfballs.com and I'm curious as to which is the newest/oldest.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

On 9/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, puttnfool said:

So, I just recently switched to the Q Star Tour from the Z Star XV.  Figured it'd be a huge change and take a while to adjust, but it really hasn't.  I've actually played some of my best golf with this ball.  Wondering if anyone can point me to a breakdown of the four (?) generations and how to ID them.  I normally buy balls from lostgolfballs.com and I'm curious as to which is the newest/oldest.

I believe they ae numbered QST, QST2, QST3. 

https://mygolfspy.com/2022-srixon-q-star-tour-golf-balls/

Edited by NC Golfer

On 9/25/2022 at 11:33 AM, puttnfool said:

I'm 90% sure with the 2020 model they put the black line over the Q-Star Tour logo on the side of the ball. Other than that I do not know how to identify them without the original box.

Srixon Q Star Tour 4 golf balls: Everything you need to knowQ-STAR TOUR GOLF BALLS | Srixon

Edited by Parshooter36

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow