TESTERS WANTED! ×

R11 TP vs R11s vs RBZ

RookieBlue7

TAYLORMADE - R11 TP vs R11s vs RBZ

I just had the chance to hit, side by side, the R11s RBZ and my R11 TP. I hit them all with my Talamonti PD70 x so that there would be an established baseline and comparison of apples versus apples. The numbers were taken with a Vector Pro.

I warned up and hit my R11 TP 9* first to establish a baseline. I warmed up and took a 5 minute break. I then hit 15 balls each with 60 seconds between balls (timed everything to be as subjective as possible), and then a 5 minute break between clubs each time. I then went in reverse order after I was striking the ball well and after my warm-up, on the launch monitor, my numbers averages were as follows:

R11 TP 9 deg with Talamonti PD70 x at 44 7/8" GP NDMC midsize 16 toe, 4 heel asp set to N FCT set to std

SS: 115.2

Launch angle: 12.1

Back spin: 3255

Carry: 286.2 yards

Ball speed: 170.7

Smash factor: 1.482

Next up was the R11s 9 deg same shaft as above set to std, 16 toe, 4 heel (my weights so they're identical)

SS 115.1

Launch Angle 13.9

Back spin 3720

Carry 278.6

Ball speed 169.7

Smash factor: 1.475

RBZ Tour 9.5 FCT set to neutral same shaft

Swingspeed 115.3

Launch angle 11.8

Back spin 3455

Carry 289.4

Ball speed 171.6

Smash Factor 1.489

The flight with all 3 was a 5-7 yard draw. I wanted to test them as subjectively as possible is why I used the same shaft at the same setting at the same length. The lengths varied by 1/8" across the clubs, I'm assuming due to the depth of the head/bbtg measurements. Regardless, it's made my mind up as to what will be my next driver, and that's the RBZ tour. The control ball was a Srixon AD333 because of it being set up with the black line for the monitor. I'm sitting in the parking lot as I type so I don't forget anything or lose the paper I wrote everything down on, lol, cause I'm a true club ho'.

I begged to buy it and they wouldn't let me, lol. Offered him cash to lay it out back. No mas'. Oh well Feb can't get here quick enough. Oh, and R11s was quietest and the RBZ the loudest.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Great review Rookie Blue. This is a very subjective test and I wish all test could be done with the same shaft and shaft length. OHHH AND BELIEVE WE KNOW YOUR A CLUB HO...:) Didn't you win a reward for this???

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

$100 per yard gained??? wow.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

The RBZ Tour isn't $300, if you know where to shop. They're $269.99 from the place I'll order from. Regardless, I like shiny new things, so it's not a biggie for me. I wouldn't care if I gained a yard or not, as long as I don't lose yards (like I did with the R11s).

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The RBZ Tour isn't $300, if you know where to shop. They're $269.99 from the place I'll order from. Regardless, I like shiny new things, so it's not a biggie for me. I wouldn't care if I gained a yard or not, as long as I don't lose yards (like I did with the R11s).

Sounds good. Nothing wrong with shiny new things. I have a garage full of them. :D

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

That was a great review, full of useful information. If it were a GD Hot List review the only information we would have been given is the RBZ had the best feel and sound. It would have had the gold metal simply because it was Taylormade.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Thanks for the good work. I am happy with my R11 set up and am not sure a driver move is for me.

I do think the RBZ hybrid offers interesting choices. If it is as hot as the articles say, I may be able to use the 16* as my log fairway club and add a 24* - to do this I would remove my 3 wd R11 TP. Need to hit it first.

Also - I think your intent was to make the test as objective as possible (sorry to correct your use of the word). It looks like you were trying to make the only variable the club head, and let the numbers speak for themselves.

In any event thanks for a very imformative and useful post.

MWB

My Bag:

Driver: TM R11 TP 9*

3 Wood: TM Rll TP 14*

Hybrid TM Rescue 16*

Irons Mizuno MP 59 4-PW

Wedges Mizuno MP R12 50* 56* 60*

Putter Nike Method 1

Ball Srixon ZStar XV Tour Yellow

• SPY VIP

Thanks for the good work. I am happy with my R11 set up and am not sure a driver move is for me.

I do think the RBZ hybrid offers interesting choices. If it is as hot as the articles say, I may be able to use the 16* as my log fairway club and add a 24* - to do this I would remove my 3 wd R11 TP. Need to hit it first.

Also - I think your intent was to make the test as objective as possible (sorry to correct your use of the word). It looks like you were trying to make the only variable the club head, and let the numbers speak for themselves.

In any event thanks for a very imformative and useful post.

MWB

Mike

Depending on one's perspective, I was either fortunate or unfortunate enough to hit most of the new TM lineup this week. We ran a bit short on time, so I didn't spend much time with the irons or wedges, and sadly, didn't get one swing in with the RBZ driver, but...

I did hit the R11S, RBZ Hybrid, and spent an exhaustive amount of time with the RBZ fairway.

I probably only got about a dozen swings in with the 19 degree hybrid, and I don't have any Trackman data for it, but... visually, the trajectory (when the club is reasonably well fit) is perfect, and it certainly "looks" long. The ball definitely rockets off the face. Whether one likes the name or thinks it's utterly stupid; RocketBallz is surprisingly appropriate.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

TAYLORMADE - R11 TP vs R11s vs RBZ

I just had the chance to hit, side by side, the R11s RBZ and my R11 TP. I hit them all with my Talamonti PD70 x so that there would be an established baseline and comparison of apples versus apples. The numbers were taken with a Vector Pro.

I warned up and hit my R11 TP 9* first to establish a baseline. I warmed up and took a 5 minute break. I then hit 15 balls each with 60 seconds between balls (timed everything to be as subjective as possible), and then a 5 minute break between clubs each time. I then went in reverse order after I was striking the ball well and after my warm-up, on the launch monitor, my numbers averages were as follows:

R11 TP 9 deg with Talamonti PD70 x at 44 7/8" GP NDMC midsize 16 toe, 4 heel asp set to N FCT set to std

SS: 115.2

Launch angle: 12.1

Back spin: 3255

Carry: 286.2 yards

Ball speed: 170.7

Smash factor: 1.482

Next up was the R11s 9 deg same shaft as above set to std, 16 toe, 4 heel (my weights so they're identical)

SS 115.1

Launch Angle 13.9

Back spin 3720

Carry 278.6

Ball speed 169.7

Smash factor: 1.475

RBZ Tour 9.5 FCT set to neutral same shaft

Swingspeed 115.3

Launch angle 11.8

Back spin 3455

Carry 289.4

Ball speed 171.6

Smash Factor 1.489

The flight with all 3 was a 5-7 yard draw. I wanted to test them as subjectively as possible is why I used the same shaft at the same setting at the same length. The lengths varied by 1/8" across the clubs, I'm assuming due to the depth of the head/bbtg measurements. Regardless, it's made my mind up as to what will be my next driver, and that's the RBZ tour. The control ball was a Srixon AD333 because of it being set up with the black line for the monitor. I'm sitting in the parking lot as I type so I don't forget anything or lose the paper I wrote everything down on, lol, cause I'm a true club ho'.

I begged to buy it and they wouldn't let me, lol. Offered him cash to lay it out back. No mas'. Oh well Feb can't get here quick enough. Oh, and R11s was quietest and the RBZ the loudest.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say "objective", not subjective.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, RookieBlue7, I can feel the excitement in your writing.

I was just wondering whether there can be adjustment to the R11/R11S that could match closer to the RBZ spec, such as lower the launch angle and reduce spin rate as I thought maybe those are the factors for you to loose a full 11 yards.

Another question is what driver are you using now to prompt you to look for a new driver?

Again, thanks for sharing, RookieBlue7!! Maybe we should call you RocketRookieBlue7 from Feb and on!!!

tiger168

I'm pretty sure you meant to say "objective", not subjective.

Nice first post, DB... Pretty sure I was writing this in the parking lot on a phone, and was in a hurry. I didn't know that proofreading was a requirement of this site. Thank you for trying to be management.

May I suggest a grammar forum, since you like attempting to try and analyze everything someone writes.

For those of you out there that are golf fans, and are interested in golf instead of a grammar lesson, I've got one more club I'm testing that will be here tomorrow. I bought it based on the fact that I've been told the van is building them 3:1 over any other driver in the TMag line-up. That is a T-stamp TMag Superfast 2.0 version 2 with an Aldila Phenom.

In The Bag

Thanks for sharing your experiences, RookieBlue7, I can feel the excitement in your writing.

I was just wondering whether there can be adjustment to the R11/R11S that could match closer to the RBZ spec, such as lower the launch angle and reduce spin rate as I thought maybe those are the factors for you to loose a full 11 yards.

Another question is what driver are you using now to prompt you to look for a new driver?

Again, thanks for sharing, RookieBlue7!! Maybe we should call you RocketRookieBlue7 from Feb and on!!!

tiger168

My current driver is the R11 TP, which I took in myself for the baseline. See the post directly above this one and you'll see I have another driver on the way to compare to the RBZ as well.

Also, my major excitement is over the RBZ Tour fairway. That's supposed to be the showstopper of the new line-up. A friend has already hit it and said the stock shaft is high launching and spinning. I have a friend going to the PGA show and he knows one of the TM reps. He's going to try to get them to build him one, and being as he and I have the same tastes in clubs and such, I'm excited for it to be over because I'm sure he'll let me hit the club when he gets back.

In The Bag

Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound midsize grip is GPNDMC

16 toe 4 heel is weights and their locations. 16 grams in the toe, 4 grams in the heel. For optimization

In The Bag

Kind of hard to explain. To me, the R11 TP has more of a crack, the R11s more of a thump/wooom sound, and the RBZ was kind of like a baseball bat exploding. More of a pingy type sound, I suppose one would say.

In The Bag

Remember I was asking about removing the adapter on my R9 because I don't believe in FCT. I see you don't either keeping yours at Neutral. I like to change shafts around and usually screw up the adapter which is why I wanted to insert a cheap sleeve since I am on a fixed income :D . Also maybe save a few grams in the hosel.

Taylormade Stage 2 10.5 SK Fiber Helium shaft

taylormade superfast 2.0 3 wood Graphite Design shaft

superfast 2.0 5 wood Aldila NVS shaft

Adams Idea Tech V4 hybrid 4-GW Bassara shaft

Snakeyes forged 52,56,60 wedges Apollo Hump shaft

Odyssey #7 Metal X putter

Bagboy revolver pro bag

True, this one ended up at neutral. I've had them in all different types of orientations though due to the head. As for what you're wanting to do, I don't think that bushing will work.

In The Bag

True, this one ended up at neutral. I've had them in all different types of orientations though due to the head. As for what you're wanting to do, I don't think that bushing will work.

On further investigation I agree. I read somewhere where the purist that has found his setup can avoid the adapter but there was something about additional tipping to get the acquired swingweight. Heck I have so many drivers and clubs lying around just for the heck of it I ordered and illegal Integra 175 Gram head and Senior flex 45 gram shaaft that may help out an old man like me to have more fun. Handicap has dropped to 13 since getting dupuytrens contracture. I wish I could just quit this game (NOT).

Bagboy revolver pro bag

On further investigation I agree. I read somewhere where the purist that has found his setup can avoid the adapter but there was something about additional tipping to get the acquired swingweight. Heck I have so many drivers and clubs lying around just for the heck of it I ordered and illegal Integra 175 Gram head and Senior flex 45 gram shaaft that may help out an old man like me to have more fun. Handicap has dropped to 13 since getting dupuytrens contracture. I wish I could just quit this game (NOT).

Just for grins and giggles, you could also use an old tour van trick on this club for even more out of it. Get out the 60 grit sandpaper and go to town on the face. Then progress through the grits (going more fine) until its polished back up. Shaving the face the old fashioned way.

In The Bag

Fantastic review!

Very timely too, as I was considering replacing my R11 with one of these new ones. For a frugal guy (i.e. cheapskate) like me, now I don't see a reason to upgrade :-)

Thanks!

BK

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Just for grins and giggles, you could also use an old tour van trick on this club for even more out of it. Get out the 60 grit sandpaper and go to town on the face. Then progress through the grits (going more fine) until its polished back up. Shaving the face the old fashioned way.

That would be fun. What would you use a hand held rotational sander or mouse type multifunctional tool? What would that do to the bulge and roll?

Bagboy revolver pro bag

Blue, I have been grinding away with 60 grit and since I know less than zero about this I don't know how much to take off. Maybe I should have weighed it first. I now weighs head, grip and shaft 304.4grams. I am using and old KZG RBT/325 head, UST Gold 65 shaft.

Bagboy revolver pro bag

Great review. No wonder you won the member of the month.

I cant wait to hit these bad boys ether but I have to wait until Feb 11 when we have our Demo Day here at Fairway Golf in San Diego.

Im gaming the R11 tp 44.25 inch with a RIP GAMMA S so we'll see how it goes. :) :)

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Fantastic review!

Very timely too, as I was considering replacing my R11 with one of these new ones. For a frugal guy (i.e. cheapskate) like me, now I don't see a reason to upgrade :-)

Thanks!

BK

Im most likely keeping my R11 also but those RBZ fairway woods are looking too good to pass up. We'll see how I hit them on the demo day.

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

• SPY VIP

Given my experience, it's safe to say the Fairway wood impressed me. The Hybrid is awesome, and if I can find a good fit in an R11S, I might bag that too. Probably not as big as last year, but looks like another big season for TM.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

T before dropping the coin on either, seriously consider the Superfast 2.0 version 2. I haven't got the numbers yet, but it's a pretty safe bet I smash all of these numbers with that head. Played 9 yesterday with the new T-stamp version 2 I just bought and it's monster long. I hit balls where I've never hit them on that course before. Since you now have a familiarity with them, TMag may even help you get a tour issue version themselves. I'm telling you, that's the hottest head I've ever hit, bar none, point blank, period for a driver. I thought the RBZ was great, very unimpressed with the R11s, loved my R11 TP, but this Superfast 2.0 is HUUUUGE! I peeled off 3 bills routinely yesterday, and the majority was all carry because of how wet it is. Wednesday is my next off day and I'll be going to get actual #'s with it.

Hopefully the prototype shaft I have on the way will help the R11 TP too. It's supposed to be a lower spinning shaft and that'll help tremendously with that head, IMO. I'll check #'s on the other two with that shaft as well.

In The Bag

Rookie i am interested to hear your review on the taylormade superfast 2.0....i see alot of the pros hitting those instead of the R11....is that a club an amature can get ahold of?

Nice first post, DB... Pretty sure I was writing this in the parking lot on a phone, and was in a hurry. I didn't know that proofreading was a requirement of this site. Thank you for trying to be management.

May I suggest a grammar forum, since you like attempting to try and analyze everything someone writes.

For those of you out there that are golf fans, and are interested in golf instead of a grammar lesson, I've got one more club I'm testing that will be here tomorrow. I bought it based on the fact that I've been told the van is building them 3:1 over any other driver in the TMag line-up. That is a T-stamp TMag Superfast 2.0 version 2 with an Aldila Phenom.

T before dropping the coin on either, seriously consider the Superfast 2.0 version 2. I haven't got the numbers yet, but it's a pretty safe bet I smash all of these numbers with that head. Played 9 yesterday with the new T-stamp version 2 I just bought and it's monster long. I hit balls where I've never hit them on that course before. Since you now have a familiarity with them, TMag may even help you get a tour issue version themselves. I'm telling you, that's the hottest head I've ever hit, bar none, point blank, period for a driver. I thought the RBZ was great, very unimpressed with the R11s, loved my R11 TP, but this Superfast 2.0 is HUUUUGE! I peeled off 3 bills routinely yesterday, and the majority was all carry because of how wet it is. Wednesday is my next off day and I'll be going to get actual #'s with it.

Hopefully the prototype shaft I have on the way will help the R11 TP too. It's supposed to be a lower spinning shaft and that'll help tremendously with that head, IMO. I'll check #'s on the other two with that shaft as well.

Did you find it to be more forgiving than the r11 tp? How was accuracy?

Archived