TESTERS WANTED! ×

High-End Headcovers

Curious what everyone in the community is using or looking for in the high-end headcover market? I've been wanting to pickup some nice leather or simulated leather headcovers that will stand the test of time. In Canada one popular place is Dormie Golf Workshop (https://dormieworkshop.com/collections/drivers), but I am interested to see what options are out there. Let's see what you got!!

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

Dormie is my go to now. I line their quality and pricing.

Ive used rose and fire and Seamus in the  past. Seamus would be my swing choice if I went away from dormie

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

For quality and custom I go with Bestgrips.

I've also picked up one or two from Stray because they are fairly inexpensive and have a lot of super hero themed stuff.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

15 hours ago, CanadaMike said:

Curious what everyone in the community is using or looking for in the high-end headcover market? I've been wanting to pickup some nice leather or simulated leather headcovers that will stand the test of time. In Canada one popular place is Dormie Golf Workshop (https://dormieworkshop.com/collections/drivers), but I am interested to see what options are out there. Let's see what you got!!

I use two different brands.  Rose and Fire and Robert Mark Golf.  Both are amazing and have positive points about their products.  I'm a huge fan of the fine leather headcover in various styles.  Some may say it's excessive but I say..."I paid enough for those clubs that I'm gonna protect them and their gonna look good while I'm at it!" 🤣

The August print ones from Rose and Fire are absolutely 🔥 in my opinion too btw.  I have that on my three wood and driver.  The hybrids and putter are split amongst both brands. 

Check them out. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

13 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

I use two different brands.  Rose and Fire and Robert Mark Golf.  Both are amazing and have positive points about their products.  I'm a huge fan of the fine leather headcover in various styles.  Some may say it's excessive but I say..."I paid enough for those clubs that I'm gonna protect them and their gonna look good while I'm at it!" 🤣

The August print ones from Rose and Fire are absolutely 🔥 in my opinion too btw.  I have that on my three wood and driver.  The hybrids and putter are split amongst both brands. 

Check them out. 

Only thing I dislike about rose and fire is also the complain I have with the scotty Cameron wood and hybrid covers. They are too big and bulky

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Only thing I dislike about rose and fire is also the complain I have with the scotty Cameron wood and hybrid covers. They are too big and bulky

I know a few who have gotten some of them that this was the case.  The August (not official but its the one with the flowers and green) is fairly thing and it actually is quite soft leather.  But I have seen some of the other ones that friends got that were a bit on the thicker side.  So I totally get it.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

2 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

Check them out. 

Thanks for the insight! I will definitely take a look at Rose & Fire. I agree, you want to protect them as best as you can! I also find that a lot of the headcovers now are really tacky and trying too hard to stand out. Get too many of those in your bag and it looks like a carnival. The only factory headcovers that currently catch my eye are the new ones from Mizuno, top notch in my opinion for an OEM.

headcoverhero.jpg

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

I’m a big Dormie fan.  The quality and workmanship is impressive.  

One other brand that I like for leather head covers is Stitch Golf.  Just a different style and also nice workmanship. I also like their knit covers which are great for hybrids (easier to take on and off).

I have tried the Stitch putter covers, but their magnet is not strong enough, so I am not so much of a fan of that one.  It does look great though.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

During one of their sales around the holidays, I picked up a 3 wood headcover from Seamus.  It looks great, seems to be high quality, and not bulky at all.  Highly recommend!

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Dormie and Seamus. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Next thing you know people will be stealing your headcovers and leave the club. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Seamus and Stitch are the two I have had good results with for myself, my wife and as gifts for friends.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

I currently carry the OEM covers... which are big a bulky to match the oversized woods and putter... I long for the look of this bag....

image.png.81ddc5d36df33c19d904cb61aa91b2e7.png

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I use  Daphne puppets on my drivers, and more expensive tartan wools on my fairways, and NEVER use a putter cover, even the one provided.

I don't like the free "logo" headcovers at all.  I'm paying for the gear, not being payed to play it. 

Plus they usually don't slide on and off easily enough.

Truth is, however, that I hate fussing with headvovers and would like to abandon them altogether.

I don't care about cosmetic damage. I collect rather than sell my old clubs.

Scuffs and scratches on athletic eauipment means that its being actually used.

I'm just concerned if playability damage could be incurred.

Anybody with info on this?

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

14 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

I currently carry the OEM covers... which are big a bulky to match the oversized woods and putter... I long for the look of this bag....

image.png.81ddc5d36df33c19d904cb61aa91b2e7.png

My friend, you can have that look very easily. I have provided a link below for Jan Craig head covers, they are very nice. I had a set made about 10 years ago.

https://www.jancraigheadcovers.com/

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x