Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

taylormade

I'm not overly familiar with TaylorMade drivers, but looking at photos online, it appears (based on what's presented) that the club is good. In some images I've found it looks as though the Geocoustic graphic may have been a decal? If that's the case, the previous owner may have simply decided to remove it or perhaps was forced to because of peeling for one reason or other. Would love to see some more pictures/angles of the club, but those are my thoughts based on the information provided. 

Usually, there's a dead giveaway somewhere with knock-off clubs whether it's a change in font, color, or overall quality. I also wouldn't expect to come across a counterfeit on a local sale. My gut tells me you're probably safe - especially since you met the guy at his house. Who'd risk the potential for harassment or retaliation in that situation?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 2/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, TR1PTIK said:

I'm not overly familiar with TaylorMade drivers, but looking at photos online, it appears (based on what's presented) that the club is good. In some images I've found it looks as though the Geocoustic graphic may have been a decal? If that's the case, the previous owner may have simply decided to remove it or perhaps was forced to because of peeling for one reason or other. Would love to see some more pictures/angles of the club, but those are my thoughts based on the information provided. 

Usually, there's a dead giveaway somewhere with knock-off clubs whether it's a change in font, color, or overall quality. I also wouldn't expect to come across a counterfeit on a local sale. My gut tells me you're probably safe - especially since you met the guy at his house. Who'd risk the potential for harassment

or retaliation in that situation?

Edited by Canadiangolfnut

Best I can tell you to do is contact TM with the serial number on the hosel. Without some higher quality photos that show the driver in multiple angles to provide more detail, I don't think you'll get much help from forums. There's a million reasons why that graphic could be missing. Is it odd, yes. But, it also seems odd that someone would go to such great lengths to counterfeit a driver and omit a simple graphic. That said, I'm not aware of any 2017 M2 models that were shipped without it. I googled for tour and JDM models and came up with a bunch of nothing.

Shiels did a video where he purchased a fake M6 off of Wish and it gives you a good indication of what to expect from counterfeit clubs. As previously mentioned, there's usually a difference in font, paint color, or some glaringly obvious quality issues as a fake club wouldn't be constructed of the same materials or use the same manufacturing processes due to cost.

Here's the video if you haven't seen it. Maybe it will help you out. 

Based on what you're showing everything looks legit. Contact TM if you still think it's fake.

5 minutes ago, Canadiangolfnut said:

Thank you, I appreciate the help. I believe they are real it’s just that missing decal that I can’t wrap my head around. 

I get that. Have you hit them yet? 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:50 AM, TR1PTIK said:

I get that. Have you hit them yet? 

Unfortunately haven’t had the chance to hit them yet. It’s winter here so I have to make a trip to the indoor range. I will get the chance to hit them soon. 

Here are some more photos of anyone is curious. 

Edited by Canadiangolfnut

Big box stores have no way of knowing if a club is counterfeit or not, so they take them and re-sell.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

TM's info on counterfeit clubs can be found here: https://www.taylormadegolf.com/shared-customer-service/customerService-counterfeit.html?lang=en_US

You could try submitting your club information and suspicions to TM: https://www.taylormadegolf.com/shared-customer-service/customerService-counterfeit-submission.html?lang=en_US

Let us know how it turns out.

I think they are fake.  Look at the paint in the upper right hand corner of this pic and compare it to yours.

Close, but certainly not the same.  The color of the paint in M2 looks off also.  I'm afraid you've been had.

I got stung with a fake Taylormade 3-hybrid several years ago, bought it on eBay.  Never realized it was fake, until I bought the matching 4-hybrid and they felt completely different.  The fake 3-hybrid was significantly heavier. 

Real M2 below:

M2.jpg

Your "possibly fake" M2 below:

M2-FAKE.jpeg

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

33 minutes ago, Peejer said:

I think they are fake.  Look at the paint in the upper right hand corner of this pic and compare it to yours.

Close, but certainly not the same.  The color of the paint in M2 looks off also.  I'm afraid you've been had.

I got stung with a fake Taylormade 3-hybrid several years ago, bought it on eBay.  Never realized it was fake, until I bought the matching 4-hybrid and they felt completely different.  The fake 3-hybrid was significantly heavier. 

Real M2 below:

M2.jpg

Your "possibly fake" M2 below:

M2-FAKE.jpeg

I agree the paint looks different. The photo you cited is a promotional photo from Taylor made that has obviously been edited to make it look flawless (notice there is no serial number and the club face almost looks fake) When looking at photos of used drivers the colours look super similar, that’s why I’m struggling with deciding if they are real or not 

I have the exact same club, and yours looks exactly the same to mine, the Serial, the Decals, the Hosel , the Weight, everything. I cannot find any detail that's different from my club (except for the Geocoustic). No difference in any font, no difference in any casting grooves/detail. I would say you're Ok.

The 'Geocoustic' is indeed pained on and would not go off with my nail, but there are some scratches from the days where I stood on the tee with a blood/aclohol ratio that may have still been over the limit..

If you want I could PM you some pics of my club.

Edited by coldsteel

:taylormade-small: Mini Driver 300
:taylormade-small: Sim2 Titanium 15°
:mizuno-small: Fli-High 18°
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Tour 3-PW
:titelist-small: SM6 52°
:titelist-small: SM6 58°
:taylormade-small: 2018 Spider Red Tour Sightline
:titelist-small: AVX

23 hours ago, Canadiangolfnut said:

I agree the paint looks different. The photo you cited is a promotional photo from Taylor made that has obviously been edited to make it look flawless (notice there is no serial number and the club face almost looks fake) When looking at photos of used drivers the colours look super similar, that’s why I’m struggling with deciding if they are real or not 

This one looks more like yours, except the GEOCOUSTIC decal.  So maybe yours is fine - hit it and see if it does what you want/expect.

-- Peejer

M2-2.jpg

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png