TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway Hex Tour from Costco?

sosuHands

I was surfing Costco today looking for Kirkland signature golf balls... and Boom found these Callaway Hex tour golf balls. I remember seeing Hex tour soft but I don't ever recall seeing this specific named Callaway golf ball. Seeing how I lost 6 balls yesterday playing, I figured I could give these a try and not lose half a dozen Taylormade TP5 pix. Has any other Spies seen or played this specific Callaway Hex Tour ball?

imageService.jpg

:titleist-small:  TSR 2 10°  :Fuji:  Ventus TR Red Velocore 5 S

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 18° :Fuji:  Ventus Red Velocore 6 R

:taylormade-small:  SiM2 Rescue 4 Hybrid 22°

:mizuno-small: Pro 225 5 ~ PW, GW Nippon Modus 3 105 R

:vokey-small: SM8 54° S grind, 58° D grind

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter

I ended up buying the 4 dozen from Costco online for $64.99, time to find out how it's like in the coming weeks with hopefully new Mizuno 225's that will not have production / Covid shortage delays.

• 2 weeks later...

Played them today and I think these are pretty good balls for my current game and swing speed. Didn't really lose any distance on my long or full shots and short shots were not an issue, if there was any it would have been my bad short game. I was worried about durability but, it held up 16 holes without any issues. Very little scuff marks or damage to the "hybrid cover" or non-urethane cover even though I hit a few trees head on.

These are great golf balls. I had the previous model in the blue packaging and they've been a pretty good ball for me. Great off the tee, durable, and have a nice feel when working around the greens/putting. Definitely going to get the new model when I am back at Costco. 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Wood: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 3, Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW

Wedges: Nike SV Tour 52, 56, 60

Putter: Nike Ignite 001

• 8 months later...

this ball is terrible. It appears that it’s a ball that was removed from the traditional lineup because it had so many flaws. It’s discolored, seems to have cover issues and it doesn’t go very far. Heck it doesn’t go anywhere at all. 

Mike Samson 

ping g425 driver 

ping g425 5 wood 

ping g425 4 hybrid 

ping I525 irons 4-uw 

ping forged glide wedges 54 & 60

ping sigma 2 anser 

On 10/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, mikesamson65 said:

this ball is terrible. It appears that it’s a ball that was removed from the traditional lineup because it had so many flaws. It’s discolored, seems to have cover issues and it doesn’t go very far. Heck it doesn’t go anywhere at all. 

Rick Shiels just did a video on these recently, and while they weren't great, he said they were great for the price and the demo graph it's targeted at. 

On 10/24/2022 at 6:01 PM, the great spinks said:

Rick Shiels just did a video on these recently, and while they weren't great, he said they were great for the price and the demo graph it's targeted at. 

He did the Hex Soft, which was briefly sold at Costco several years ago (between Superhot and Hex Tour Soft). Hex Soft is a 2-piece. Unsure on how it compares to Supersoft. The OP is asking about Hex Tour, which seems to be an updated version of the Hex Tour Soft since its also a 3-piece with similar claims and packaging (HTS in a blue box, HT in black). I played Hex Tour Soft for a summer and loved how it felt but my swing speed is high and the balls had a tendency to balloon.

I've never seen these on Costco shelves but saw them online and saw comments that they were on shelves at Costco in the UK. But if someone wants a lower-spinning ball at or around the Kirkland Signature price, they're worth a look.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 1 year later...

I won a sleeve of these and always like a nice, clean ball out of the box for the simulator, not to mention I’ve found a bunch of these out on the course since folks are saving money and buying balls at Costco. I was anxious to give them a try. Distance and ball flight were fairly good (less than premium) for a while, but the cover performance did not seem to hold up. I like a soft urethane cover and this seemed soft at first, but after a little practice and 9 holes on the sim, the ball started to fly higher off the face and slide up my impact screen. The ball stopped compressing and just jumped up off the face. I haven’t cut it open to see if the issue is internal, but feel the cover quality just diminished. Shame because the SkyTrak really picks up the Callaway logo nicely.