Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Thanks Again Guys - {GolfSpy X}

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

As I sit here working on some future projects for 2012 on MyGolfSpy and reflecting on where this site has come from the start I wanted to stop and tell you guys....thanks.

The site, the guys working with MGS ( Tony, Dave, Matt & Tim) and the readership has evolved organically just the way I envisioned some 5 years ago. I knew that it was not going to be an easy. I knew the industry might not like us, the pay wouldn't be great, and having people trust what we say would take time.

But over that time the industry has begun to realize that even if they don't agree with our opinions they can still respect what we are trying to do. And by drawing the line in the sand in regards to not taking advertising dollars from the large golf equipment manufacturers we are basically treading on brand new ground regarding how 100% of similar popular sites are funded. And our review system which understandably so took some time for people to trust (especially because of the reputation other popular golf media outlets had been known for in the past) has reached a point now where I hope you know that when you get done reading a review that we have done our absolute best job in telling you exactly how this club performed.

My mission has always been the same...be honest....and eventually people whether they like what we say or not will trust that we are giving our honest opinions and not ones influenced in any other way. Sounds simple I know...although if you got to see, hear and read what I do...you would be surprised at how few in this industry are not influenced to say something other than how they TRULY feel. But MGS can't worry about the other guys out there...I am only concerned with trying to do the best job we can with the limited resources we have. And although we know growth might be slow because of this...we feel that we can still compete and have a place in this industry. And over time...eventually it will all work out.

With all that being said it brings me back to why I wanted to write this...and that's you guys. Owners of sites like this seem to write these type of posts once a year or so and always say how much they appreciate their readers. Don't know if that is obligatory in some ways for them but for me it's definitely not. You guys really are the pulse of this site and not just because you spend your time here reading articles, commenting on posts and entering contests. But because you are actively apart of the development and direction this site will go.

Like I said this site has grown organically just the way I envisioned...and by that I meant all your input whether in the form of one of our surveys, suggestions, or comments in our articles and forum directly impact the content we produce.

We have always wanted to include you all in many of the decisions we make on this site...and we plan to keep it that way. So many of the great ideas we get come directly from you guys. And I am sure there will be lots more in the future. I don't think you guys actually realize how much we talk about your ideas on a daily basis. Tony and I talk for what seems like hours a day...everyday...working on new ideas and concepts for the site. And a large % of them come from you. So if one of your ideas you had for the site never got implemented...don't think we aren't listening. Both of us work non-stop on trying to do 3 peoples jobs to bring the best coverage we can with the amount of time we have and sooner than later we hope to get to more of them.

In the near future we would love to be able to continue to grow and expand our coverage...we know it will take more time than some other places...but I just want you all to know that we are on a mission and that mission is to do things the right way. Right now we have an incredible team of guys writing for MGS. And for the most part none of them do it for the money...I can't thank these guys enough. Most of them all have families and other full time jobs and still do this because they believe in what we are all trying to do for other golf consumers.

So once again I want to say thanks to all the readers and writers for everything you all do. And if you guys ever have any suggestions on how we could improve something we do here...we are all ears. Those suggestions over time will help to evolve this site into something I hope you are all proud of...because up to this point I couldn't be more proud of where it has come.

Thanks again.

X

#TruthDigest

Thanks for the kind words, stoked to be a part of this!

Was talking to my mom today and explaining more about MGS to her and she was laughing saying how everything I was describing was a perfect fit for my personality.

The reviews are what attracted me to this site. Always honest and unbiased with a focus on providing the necessary information that will help the golfer make informed choices. Very few of us have the opportunity to try out every new product or idea that interests us. The next best thing is to read about those products here and get a trustworthy assessment. Keep up the good work and thanks!

First off, thank you for all the hard work you do and the sacrifices you have made to start and continue this great project!

I came here for the blog, and as soon as the forums started, I was in 100%. I love this place, and I love sharing my ideals, my stories, my light hearted fun view of golf and golf fashion(my favorite part of golf maybe..well, except the golf)

I used many of the reviews to buy equipment (love my 2010 Adams CB2s, the Yes Putter I won and the Fast 11 Driver I have) all based on reviews here.

I run two yearly golf group trips, and I have before and will now, offer my services in setting up a group trip for any member for free, just my advice and things that have worked for me over the years of doing it. I wish I could do more, because I believe in this site, the people who work it and the members!!

Everyone here rocks!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Thank you for the thank you! And thank you for the site! I hope it continues to grow and prosper!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Thanks to the team for all their time. I count on MGS for honest feedback.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived