TESTERS WANTED! ×

Phoenix Open (Waste Management) - 2022

fixyurdivot

This week they head southeast to Phoenix for what is considered the biggest party in professional golf.  Originally started in 1932 as the Arizona Open and then renamed the Phoenix Open in 1935, it is the 5th oldest event on tour. The rowdy, well hydrated fans at the Waste Management (so appropriate) have become much of what makes this event. Now being touted as "the greatest show on grass" (umm... nah, not even close IMO), TPC Scottsdale always seems to look for ways to pump up the volume. Many of the top players are back to experience this unique venue. Brooks returns as the defending champion and attempts to become the 6th golfer to be a multiple winner of this event.  Also, did you know that both Phil Mickelson and Mark Calcalvecchia share the event scoring record at a whopping -28? 😲

Brooks Koepka back to winning ways at Waste Management Phoenix Open

The now infamous hole #16 (the loudest hole in pro golf)

2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open final results: Prize money payout,  leaderboard and how much each golfer won

Don't forget to pick your winner for this weeks pool https://runmypools.com/JRMPNWWF

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This week they head southeast to Phoenix for what is considered the biggest party in professional golf.  Originally started in 1932 as the Arizona Open and then renamed the Phoenix Open in 1935, it is the 5th oldest event on tour. The rowdy, well hydrated fans at the Waste Management (so appropriate) have become much of what makes this event. Now being touted as "the greatest show on grass" (umm... nah, not even close IMO), TPC Scottsdale always seems to look for ways to pump up the volume. Many of the top players are back to experience this unique venue. Brooks returns as the defending champion and attempts to become the 6th golfer to be a multiple winner of this event.  Also, did you know that both Phil Mickelson and Mark Calcalvecchia share the event scoring record at a whopping -28? 😲

Brooks Koepka back to winning ways at Waste Management Phoenix Open

The now infamous hole #16 (the loudest hole in pro golf)

2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open final results: Prize money payout,  leaderboard and how much each golfer won

Don't forget to pick your winner for this weeks pool https://runmypools.com/JRMPNWWF

I parred this hole from the third left bunker.... the year Tiger aced this hole.  When Tiger hit that shot, the crowd just roared, and when it went in the hole, the volume of the roar doubled!!

So, I told my buddies that when I teed off, I want them to yell.  I got a Rah, Yay, Yippee in low-key voices.  My ball went in the bunker.  I was disappointed, but when my sand shot came out and rolled up by the hole for a tap-in, well...

tiger-woods-fist-pump.jpeg.b490a8cb527de24b3d8abe5c89133439.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I know this is a controversial event.  I've come to enjoy the craziness of it.  Through time I've learned that a full season on the PGA tour brings a variety of different events/courses/conditions.  Very few players are able to perform well in all of those.  For me it's fun to watch them trying something different this one time a year.  Next week we get a classic course and then it's on to Florida where the windy late winter conditions often produce at least one tournament where par matters.  Plus more of the Euro's start showing up in the Florida swing which means stronger fields.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

44 minutes ago, revkev said:

I know this is a controversial event.  I've come to enjoy the craziness of it.  Through time I've learned that a full season on the PGA tour brings a variety of different events/courses/conditions.  Very few players are able to perform well in all of those.  For me it's fun to watch them trying something different this one time a year.  Next week we get a classic course and then it's on to Florida where the windy late winter conditions often produce at least one tournament where par matters.  Plus more of the Euro's start showing up in the Florida swing which means stronger fields.  

I like it too. I like watching the player/fan interaction on 16 as well 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

40 minutes ago, revkev said:

Having been to the WMPO a few times, once with a Course Marshal pass, the other 17 holes are pretty normal for a PGA Tour event.  For one hole it is a different event.  I think most players embrace it and enjoy the interaction... maybe distraction before the closing two holes.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hopefully those entering the pool see this but not everyone listed is in the field. Cam Young is currently the 2nd alternate

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I parred this hole from the third left bunker.... the year Tiger aced this hole.  When Tiger hit that shot, the crowd just roared, and when it went in the hole, the volume of the roar doubled!!

So, I told my buddies that when I teed off, I want them to yell.  I got a Rah, Yay, Yippee in low-key voices.  My ball went in the bunker.  I was disappointed, but when my sand shot came out and rolled up by the hole for a tap-in, well...

tiger-woods-fist-pump.jpeg.b490a8cb527de24b3d8abe5c89133439.jpeg

Ha! Last year I did the same but from the right bunker. It's crazy how different the course is without the grand stands. Especially hole #16. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Ha! Last year I did the same but from the right bunker. It's crazy how different the course is without the grand stands. Especially hole #16. 

RU making the long trek up north to watch in person?  That arena/stadium like setting is pretty crazy looking. 

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Hopefully those entering the pool see this but not everyone listed is in the field. Cam Young is currently the 2nd alternate

Yes, I saw that.  He was (or at least I thought so) as in the field the other day when I looked at FTx but noted his green check mark gone this morning.  That leaves me with 5 as of now. While I'm OTT about HV3 winning yesterday, I'm concerned he might WD from the WM... exhausted from the trip and hauling extra bags full of cash and hardware 😬.

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

RU making the long trek up north to watch in person?  That arena/stadium like setting is pretty crazy looking. 

I've lived in the SE valley for nearly 30 years and have been to the WM twice. The 2nd time I went was with my dad about 12 years ago. He was in his 60's then. Some younger guy was with his friends and tried to pick a fight with my dad because he thought my dad stole his beer. My dad doesn't drink and he's as unassuming as they come. I was off getting a snack and came back to my pops surrounded so I quickly got involved. I was also very heavy into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai at that time and I was well prepared to turn this guy and 3 of his friends in side out.. that said.. I was prepared and willing, but wasn't there for a stupid altercation and was able to talk us out of it and got a cop involved. Pretty sure they got kicked out. The fact that it ever turned into what it was, was enough to change my mind about ever going again.

3/4 of the people that go don't give 2 turds about watching golf. They're only there to party, drink, and apparently pick fights. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of going but will definitely watch it on TV. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, I saw that.  He was (or at least I thought so) as in the field the other day when I looked at FTx but noted his green check mark gone this morning.  That leaves me with 5 as of now. While I'm OTT about HV3 winning yesterday, I'm concerned he might WD from the WM... exhausted from the trip and hauling extra bags full of cash and hardware 😬.

I looked at the field Saturday he was first alternate, Sunday he was in, and now he is second alternate so who knows

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

24 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I looked at the field Saturday he was first alternate, Sunday he was in, and now he is second alternate so who knows

Is this because of other late entries that took priority over his?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

11 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I've lived in the SE valley for nearly 30 years and have been to the WM twice. The 2nd time I went was with my dad about 12 years ago. He was in his 60's then. Some younger guy was with his friends and tried to pick a fight with my dad because he thought my dad stole his beer. My dad doesn't drink and he's as unassuming as they come. I was off getting a snack and came back to my pops surrounded so I quickly got involved. I was also very heavy into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai at that time and I was well prepared to turn this guy and 3 of his friends in side out.. that said.. I was prepared and willing, but wasn't there for a stupid altercation and was able to talk us out of it and got a cop involved. Pretty sure they got kicked out. The fact that it ever turned into what it was, was enough to change my mind about ever going again.

3/4 of the people that go don't give 2 turds about watching golf. They're only there to party, drink, and apparently pick fights. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of going but will definitely watch it on TV. 

Sorry to hear of that experience... not something one would expect at a pro golf venue.  I have been to a number of PGA, LPGA and mini-tour events over the years and loved every one of them - well, the accessibility/viewing at Chambers Bay not so much.  The WM is one that I would never attend but rather watch from the safety of my home.  When the sale of alcohol becomes a primary focus of any venue, it runs the risk of people acting irresponsibly and being a distraction for those around them who came to watch golf... not inebriated fools.

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

Is this because of other late entries that took priority over his?

I’m not sure. It was after Berger was already added to the field so I’m not sure who else was added since then

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, I saw that.  He was (or at least I thought so) as in the field the other day when I looked at FTx but noted his green check mark gone this morning.  That leaves me with 5 as of now. While I'm OTT about HV3 winning yesterday, I'm concerned he might WD from the WM... exhausted from the trip and hauling extra bags full of cash and hardware 

Mav McNealy has withdrawn from the field so we are one closer to Young playing. 

On 2/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Sorry to hear of that experience... not something one would expect at a pro golf venue.  I have been to a number of PGA, LPGA and mini-tour events over the years and loved every one of them - well, the accessibility/viewing at Chambers Bay not so much.  The WM is one that I would never attend but rather watch from the safety of my home.  When the sale of alcohol becomes a primary focus of any venue, it runs the risk of people acting irresponsibly and being a distraction for those around them who came to watch golf... not inebriated fools.

And I'll come right out and say it.. I claim AZ as my home state so I feel I'm entitled to make such a statement.. there are a LOT of knuckleheads here. Pretty sure the AZ heat does something unusual to the human brain over time. And then you add alcohol..🤡 🍺🔥💣💥

MAXFLI  Tour CG

There are more withdrawals recently then i can remember

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Surprisingly Hoffman and Berger are both still listed as in after withdrawing last week

One of my favorite tournaments to watch. I enjoy the stadium like atmosphere and the interaction of players and fans. It wouldn’t be the same if this happened every weekend. The array of fans also is quite entertaining 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

7 hours ago, azstu324 said:

It's very different in July... nobody around!!  🤣   and CHEAP!!!

Can't wait! This is always a must watch event for me!

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I was at Chambers for the Thursday round, we got seats at the top of the bleachers on 17th green, Fantastic. my FIL who was 79 couldn't walk around to much so he saved seats.. It was great even being at the top of the bleachers we still had a great view of 17th green and 18th tee.. Having been to plenty of Sonics, Seahawks, and Mariners games this was one of the best experiences i enjoyed.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 2/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, revkev said:

then it's on to Florida where the windy late winter conditions often produce at least one tournament where par matters.  

Right, it seems like the Bear Trap @ PGA National is always a much lower winning score than the rest of the early season courses.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Is Rick in the field?  If so, he comes in T20.

Winner is Joe Burrow, I mean Bubba.

If Cincy wins the Super Bowl it’ll only be a matter of time before there is a slow mo video of him walking down the streets smoking a stogie as the city burns behind him. Cincy hasn’t won anything in forever…somehow that always means riots and lighting crap on fire. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

On 2/7/2022 at 8:15 AM, revkev said:

I LOVE this event, I wish every course had a stadium hole!!!!!!!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

On 2/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, Reesedw said:

I was at Chambers for the Thursday round, we got seats at the top of the bleachers on 17th green, Fantastic. my FIL who was 79 couldn't walk around to much so he saved seats.. It was great even being at the top of the bleachers we still had a great view of 17th green and 18th tee.. Having been to plenty of Sonics, Seahawks, and Mariners games this was one of the best experiences i enjoyed.. 

Chambers got lots of bad press for not being accessible and it definitely was not compared to all other events I've attended.  The bleacher stands that you mention were great and I happened to be there when Poulter drove into the trap and the crowd heckled him to death.  I also caught his sly, adjust my glasses middle finger under his visor... which, of course re-energized the crowd 😆.

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Brooks for the repeat.

I like your pick.

2 hours ago, daviddvm said:

I LOVE this event, I wish every course had a stadium hole!!!!!!!!!

There goes the neighborhood.  I'll bet the Masters committee has explored this idea... never 🤣.

Love this event and glad that we're slowly creeping towards earlier start times on the east coast. I don't like waiting until lunch time for the tournament to start, haha.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

12 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Love this event and glad that we're slowly creeping towards earlier start times on the east coast. I don't like waiting until lunch time for the tournament to start, haha.

same,  now that they are on ESPN+ I can watch the non golf channel/local station coverage.   I like that it is on at 9:15 tomorrow. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG