Phoenix Open (Waste Management) - 2022

fixyurdivot

Can't wait! This is always a must watch event for me!

• Like 1

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Sorry to hear of that experience... not something one would expect at a pro golf venue.  I have been to a number of PGA, LPGA and mini-tour events over the years and loved every one of them - well, the accessibility/viewing at Chambers Bay not so much.  The WM is one that I would never attend but rather watch from the safety of my home.  When the sale of alcohol becomes a primary focus of any venue, it runs the risk of people acting irresponsibly and being a distraction for those around them who came to watch golf... not inebriated fools.

I was at Chambers for the Thursday round, we got seats at the top of the bleachers on 17th green, Fantastic. my FIL who was 79 couldn't walk around to much so he saved seats.. It was great even being at the top of the bleachers we still had a great view of 17th green and 18th tee.. Having been to plenty of Sonics, Seahawks, and Mariners games this was one of the best experiences i enjoyed.. 

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Brooks for the repeat.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 2/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, revkev said:

then it's on to Florida where the windy late winter conditions often produce at least one tournament where par matters.  

Right, it seems like the Bear Trap @ PGA National is always a much lower winning score than the rest of the early season courses.

• Like 2

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Is Rick in the field?  If so, he comes in T20.

Winner is Joe Burrow, I mean Bubba.

If Cincy wins the Super Bowl it’ll only be a matter of time before there is a slow mo video of him walking down the streets smoking a stogie as the city burns behind him. Cincy hasn’t won anything in forever…somehow that always means riots and lighting crap on fire. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

On 2/7/2022 at 8:15 AM, revkev said:

I know this is a controversial event.  I've come to enjoy the craziness of it.  Through time I've learned that a full season on the PGA tour brings a variety of different events/courses/conditions.  Very few players are able to perform well in all of those.  For me it's fun to watch them trying something different this one time a year.  Next week we get a classic course and then it's on to Florida where the windy late winter conditions often produce at least one tournament where par matters.  Plus more of the Euro's start showing up in the Florida swing which means stronger fields.  

I LOVE this event, I wish every course had a stadium hole!!!!!!!!!

2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open final results: Prize money payout,  leaderboard and how much each golfer won

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, Reesedw said:

I was at Chambers for the Thursday round, we got seats at the top of the bleachers on 17th green, Fantastic. my FIL who was 79 couldn't walk around to much so he saved seats.. It was great even being at the top of the bleachers we still had a great view of 17th green and 18th tee.. Having been to plenty of Sonics, Seahawks, and Mariners games this was one of the best experiences i enjoyed.. 

Chambers got lots of bad press for not being accessible and it definitely was not compared to all other events I've attended.  The bleacher stands that you mention were great and I happened to be there when Poulter drove into the trap and the crowd heckled him to death.  I also caught his sly, adjust my glasses middle finger under his visor... which, of course re-energized the crowd 😆.

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Brooks for the repeat.

I like your pick.

2 hours ago, daviddvm said:

I LOVE this event, I wish every course had a stadium hole!!!!!!!!!

2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open final results: Prize money payout,  leaderboard and how much each golfer won

There goes the neighborhood.  I'll bet the Masters committee has explored this idea... never 🤣.

• Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Love this event and glad that we're slowly creeping towards earlier start times on the east coast. I don't like waiting until lunch time for the tournament to start, haha.

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: Maxfli TourX (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

12 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Love this event and glad that we're slowly creeping towards earlier start times on the east coast. I don't like waiting until lunch time for the tournament to start, haha.

same,  now that they are on ESPN+ I can watch the non golf channel/local station coverage.   I like that it is on at 9:15 tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Chambers got lots of bad press for not being accessible and it definitely was not compared to all other events I've attended.  The bleacher stands that you mention were great and I happened to be there when Poulter drove into the trap and the crowd heckled him to death.  I also caught his sly, adjust my glasses middle finger under his visor... which, of course re-energized the crowd 😆.

I like your pick.

There goes the neighborhood.  I'll bet the Masters committee has explored this idea... never 🤣.

I got to watch some amazing shots into that green. For the Thurs round the flag was perched on a flat spot about 3' wide and about 8' long most balls ended up off the green to players left right below us.. Sergio hit a great 2nd that one hopped and stopped next the pin.. 

• Like 2

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 2/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, Kenny B said:

Brooks for the repeat.

Looking good early!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The only time they show Rickie is when he's hitting out of the desert... this last time... left-handed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The only time they show Rickie is when he's hitting out of the desert... this last time... left-handed.

He’s had a rough day. He can’t string anything together. Should have holed out the bunker shot on 16. He fired up the crowd and then comes up really short👎🏻, long hair Ricky would have stuck it to 5 feet

• Like 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

He’s had a rough day. He can’t string anything together. Should have holed out the bunker shot on 16. He fired up the crowd and then comes up really short👎🏻, long hair Ricky would have stuck it to 5 feet

I believe he dunked that one on 17 because of what I wrote. If that’s all it takes for Ricky to start playing better I’ll type away!

• Haha 2

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

On 2/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, azstu324 said:

And I'll come right out and say it.. I claim AZ as my home state so I feel I'm entitled to make such a statement.. there are a LOT of knuckleheads here. Pretty sure the AZ heat does something unusual to the human brain over time. And then you add alcoholalcohol..🤡 🍺🔥💣💥

Hate to tell you it just ain't in Arizona---- We have a bunch in the Grand Strand area of SC----- Most of the Tourons leave their brains and common sense up some 60 miles away on I -95 if they bothered to pack them at all. And society in general everywhere have turned into knuckleheads the like you said just add alcohol in mass quanities and you get instant a**hole

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW Hogan Starburst 50* --- SW Cleveland 588 56*--- LW Cleveland 588 60*--- Putter -- Yep it is back Rusty Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

On 2/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, Fenix said:

One of the thousands of photos I took over the years as tournament photographer

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZrhSBWlCK6/

725673458_Screenshot2022-02-07071636.png.90c85c12a88d8597341e5bb2523bc425.png

@Fenix(Everardo)...very cool... tell us more about this gig and maybe some behind the scenes stories.  Are you still involved with PGA or other pro golf events? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Hate to tell you it just ain't in Arizona---- We have a bunch in the Grand Strand area of SC----- Most of the Tourons leave their brains and common sense up some 60 miles away on I -95 if they bothered to pack them at all. And society in general everywhere have turned into knuckleheads the like you said just add alcohol in mass quanities and you get instant a**hole

Very true….

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

@Fenix(Everardo)...very cool... tell us more about this gig and maybe some behind the scenes stories.  Are you still involved with PGA or other pro golf events? 

Yes to some degree and with the industry but I don't miss this.

I'll pull up some good ones and share more but here's some doozies

12646824_10208513895307007_8812977501391690077_o.jpg

20151002-2015-01-16 14.00.2700-5319.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Really hard to believe Scottie is still seeking tour win #1.  Also, they just said Xman went 334 consecutive holes without a double bogey... that's 18 rounds... can you imagine? 🙂