Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2023: Want To Be a MGS Forum Tester? Read Here!

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

DO NOT APPLY WITHIN THIS THREAD FOR TESTING

Want to make your own review on a product and follow our testing template? This is a generic template to follow, however uses the same star rating system that any of the "official reviews" will have for this season and moving forward. (half stars are okay as well). The generic template gives you the opportunity to be a little more creative while following the same general template we will use for any and all official tests.
Here it is: Member Review Testing Template

Please please use the search function before creating a new thread as many of these products/reviews can be posted into existing threads. We can add in a front end message like this one to the top of the thread linking your review to make it more visible on request as well. This helps us keep the forum cleaner and without too many repeating threads. 

Have more questions? Reach out to myself @GolfSpy_APH or any of the other mods via our staff page: Forum Staff 

2023 Update Post: HERE

For more information and data we have an independent study that was done by a member which can be found: HERE!

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Now... 2 more months for golf season to begin?

I'm trying not to think about it... without much success lol.

I got to play several times in December but as soon as Jan1 got here, winter finally decided to make an appearance and end the season for me. Been hitting foam balls into the wall of my garage and going to a local shop and "testing" used clubs in the sim to try and keep my swing muscles fresh.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hello all! (Apologies for how long this is, but I want to cover as much as I can)

As we approach the 2022 testing season it is a good idea for us as a mod staff and community to welcome all the incoming members and guide them in how to best improve everyones chances of becoming a MGS Community tester. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First please do NOT apply in this thread. It won’t help and any and all signups are done through the individual testing signups throughout the season.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also a few quick house keeping notes before getting into it.
- have questions about the process or anything that may have been left out? Just ask!
- As mods we try to be as transparent as we are allowed to be and won’t hide things from the community as we are members just like you!
- We hope to have a lot of new opportunities this year and encourage everyone to take a look at these pretty basic steps in order to better your chances.
- Don’t want to read through the thread? Check out the FAQ page 

Okay! So a lot of this may be repeat and many of you will already know this, but here we go!

You must be a MGS Forum Member in order to be selected.
- Sounds pretty straight forward, but I ran some of the numbers and on average 90% of our signups are what I would classify as one off signups with 1 or fewer posts. Then if we look at those with 50 or more posts that number is only 2% of the overall signups.

Complete your profile!
- This includes a profile picture - this is one of the first things we look for with tester selections.
- Although the new Player Profile is not a requirement, it is high encouraged and will not only help us, but you and other members. For you, signups will be quicker as much of the info is pulled from your profile and for members it helps them see how their game relates to their own.

Get involved!
- I want to state that we actively work to get a well rounded group for all testing selections. This includes attempting to get at least one brand new tester per test as well as include international members as well.
- That being said, being active on the forum, creating new content for the community is huge. We want to make sure the OEM and community gets the best possible review (I mean completed, not good as in praise) and having a body of work even if minimal is important.
- Only ever involved in sign up testing threads? Not likely going to increase your chances. Just being honest, likely not going to happen.

Really want to stand out?
- Do a unofficial review! We may have more on this coming soon which will hopefully help our review catalogue, but having unofficial review gives us a insight as to what you are able to do! 

- Want to make it a more official unofficial review? Send us a PM and we can provide you with the template that is used for all the official reviews.
Do you have to be a donor?
- No, although being a donor can be used as a tie breaker it is not a necessity to become a tester. Not only that but we cannot see how much anyone has donated.
- While we are on this, if you have donated and don’t have the tag send myself (tag) a PM with your transaction number for it to be added.

That is the basics to becoming a tester. Pretty simple right? We don’t ask for much, but we do want to see these things in order to make our selections more trustworthy.

Now all the other nuances

I believe it is important for us (mods) to be transparent about all of this as again we are members like you as I said.

So for those that don’t know or want a bit of a sneak peak of what happens behind closed doors… or computer screens let me do a bit of a run down for everyone.

Once a test is created everyone signs up and during this process we actively take a look at who has applied and create a short list. We are fortunate to have a wealth of info at our disposal to make this a robust list.

Examples? We look at recent activity, been a tester before? We look at your review(s) grades (more on this later), yes donor status, number of posts, number of reactions, location, handedness, and more.

As well the mods add in notes for thoughts on each member who has made a short list. We also look at what members have tested in the past. If you tested a set of irons the previous year, chances are we won’t look to do another iron selection for this year.

There is no limit to how many members we can have on a short list, it can be 5 or it can be 40. All depends on how everyone feels about the members who have applied.

We aim to have the short list completed within 2-3 days after the signup has closed. It is then roughly a week later that we want our 4 or however many testers are required to be selected and then announced before moving onto the next test.

In order for us to select someone for testing it needs the go ahead from at least 3 mods. This way no one mod can control or have bias towards certain testers.

What happens after being selected?

- A group PM is made with the selected testers asking if they agree to completed and participate in the review process. We expected good efforts on all reviews and for members to follow the guidelines/templates and instructions from the mods during the process. It is perfectly okay for someone to back out. It happens, life happens and maybe the commitment is too much which again is perfectly okay! In that case we go back to our short list and grab someone else.|

- Remember reviews are work and not just winning a prize.

- After everyone has agreed to completing the review and participating we move onto the order process for the product (if fittings are required this can take a little longer) the order is placed through the mods and we wait for the product to arrive.

- During this time intros are worked on and when the product arrives unboxing/first impression posts are completed.

- After everyone has their kit we (mods and testers) discuss a timeframe for when reviews are to be completed (this was a complicated one last year with product wait times…)

- Final reviews are posted then as mods we have more work to do as reviews are graded. This is outlined in the templates for testers to see as well as what makes for a 1 out of 5 and 5 out of 5 and everything inbetween.

- These grades are REALLY important. As if someone bails on a review, it is good luck getting in on another review. We take pride in these reviews and our selections and being ghosted or having someone take zero effort is really disappointing.

- For reference we understand life happens and there can be situations that cause someone to have a review completed late or something come up which make it harder to do the review and are of course lenient. I will send several follow up messages for those that are late in posting or gone mia, but after a few of those I will record it in our overall record that said member has gone mia and should not be considered for further reviews. 

Review grades are used for future selections. Good review scores better a testers chances at another review in a following year where poor reviews lesson those chances. So as a first time tester it is certainly best to do the work and get in a good review IF you want to better your chances next year.

We do our best as a mod team to promote and create engagement within each review thread (last year with the new system was tough we all know), but in the end it is a lot on the testers to put out updates during their review to bring eyes to the thread.

Finally a few general rules of thumb

- Testers are generally only selected for one test per season. Exception being a Golf Ball test or lesser valued items.

- Brand new testers are often selected for lower valued items, like golf balls. However this is not exclusive. Example I was selected for Ping i210 irons with my first ever review. Again it is a general guideline and a first time tester who has put out good content to the community can of course be selected for a higher valued item.

- Testers are generally not selected for the same equipment type year over year. Meaning tested a driver last year? More likely you won’t get a driver test again this season. Again general rule as sometimes it is interesting to see someone test the progress of a product year over year. 

Apply for what you WANT to test. Of course you can apply for everything and anything, but truly it is best to apply for a product that excites you. It is pretty easy for us to notice the same name applying in testing for every single test even when they are currently testing a product! 

Most importantly, enjoy the experience, have fun with it and ask questions. Be creative and although there is a template do what you can within those guidelines and make a unique review that will be remembered.

Finally follow up is encouraged, whether it be with the mods or in the testing thread it is noticed and very much encouraged as members are often still curious about what is going on. 

For those that made it ALL the way down here, well done. Seriously. Have more questions just ask away!

This is a wonderful overview of the process to become a tester. I was fortunate to be chosen to test the Evnroll ER11v last year after throwing my name in on several testing opportunities. It was my first testing experience and it was a great experience. I’d say also choose testing opportunities that within your comfort zone and abilities. I hope that makes sense. My game would keep me from choosing a low spin driver or blades for example. The MGS Forum team was most supportive throughout the review process. It was well worth the time to go perform a full review. In this case it led to an improvement in my putting. The review process “forced” me to practice and concentrate on my putting. That alone made it worthwhile. As is having a new putter to game. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

I think the detailed guidelines you've given are great! I've been a tester twice, and I'll echo that I'd love to see feedback on my reviews.

I'm unlikely to apply again, unless it's something really specific to my needs, and it would have to be in "high season", or I won't be able to put the time in. Still, maybe you'll put that unicorn product out there for me!

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Former Cobra Connect Champion

I mean being from Boston, I fell that we need a few asterisks here.

Have MGS collected and tested Bryan's golf balls to test the pressure? dimple count and such?

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Quick question - @GolfSpy_APH Will the submission form be the same as it was last year? Asking about number of rounds played, strength/weakness, etc?

If so, how does that information factor into the selection process?

Thank you for this update! Very transparent, mod team!

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Thank you for the info. As someone who has tested before as well as performing an unofficial test, it is nice to know all the other requirements that will help increase our chances of being able to test again. It was a really fun opportunity and made me pay attention to certain parts of my game that I hadn't really thought about before. Here's to the future!

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Thanks for the overview of the tester selection process.  I live just far enough away to never be part of the Hit Squad.  I have applied for testing opportunities in the past, but have yet to be selected.  It’s all good though as I have enjoyed the reviews.  I have learned much and the MGS team strives to give us good info not Mfg suggested promo info.  I am looking forward to maybe getting in on a test this year….

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

First please do NOT apply in this thread. It won’t help and any and all signups are done through the individual testing signups throughout the season.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay! So a lot of this may be repeat and many of you will already know this, but here we go!

You must be a MGS Forum Member in order to be selected.
- Sounds pretty straight forward, but I ran some of the numbers and on average 90% of our signups are what I would classify as one off signups with 1 or fewer posts. Then if we look at those with 50 or more posts that number is only 2% of the overall signups.

7 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Not gonna lie... This stat kinda blew my mind to outer space.. 😱

This write up should be published as genuine MGS doctrine! 😜 Great work and insight on how the testing process works from the inside out. 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Bryan, from Bellingham, MA

Former Cobra Connect Champion

Play golf from the correct side of the ball ...Oh wait, you said NOT to apply here?

@GolfSpy_APH Great post about becoming a tester!!

Over the years I am also pretty amazed that people applying for the opportunity to test and keep products don't spend the time to read the directions.  Over and over again... even after being told what to do and not do!  

Directions.jpeg.288f172ab500a3783191828e98866784.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So I've been fortunate enough to have had 2 testing opportunities for MGS and both have worked out really well. I saw that you mention the "star" rankings on the reviews. Is this something new? Is there a way to see what ranking our reviews got? I checked my profile and older threads, but couldn't find anything. Having feedback from the MODs on what they would like to see or what they think we can improve upon as testers would be great!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

2 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

So I've been fortunate enough to have had 2 testing opportunities for MGS and both have worked out really well. I saw that you mention the "star" rankings on the reviews. Is this something new? Is there a way to see what ranking our reviews got? I checked my profile and older threads, but couldn't find anything. Having feedback from the MODs on what they would like to see or what they think we can improve upon as testers would be great!

The star ratings have to do with the reviews system itself which we changed to this last year. As for you personal review scores, as mentioned they won't be public for a variety of reasons. That being said, as mentioned before, we do grade reviews and can give some feedback via PM. Again it is hard for me to get into specifics without reading your prior reviews. I don't mind letting anyone know what they were scored, but can only provide limited insight at this time unless they were working on a review where I was the lead mod last season. 

I think it should also be noted that it isn't necessarily what we want to see as a Mod. Our template lays it all out and the previous mods who had created it and even though it has been tweaked or adapted over the years the core of it is the same. The review is part of it, the discussion in the threads is a big part, the follow up after is noted and so on. Review grades aren't a personal I liked that review or I didn't like this one as much we cover off our basics and score them. It doesn't have to have perfect english. It is nice when it does, but we aren't journalists or writers and some have strengths in other areas, such as photos or media or just engagement with other members. 

Finally we have adapted the review templates a bit (still needing to add in player profiles now) and we are striving to create ways for members to be more creative and add a bit of their own twist to reviews. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think my dream test would be the Arccos/Cobra challenge.  ESPECIALLY this season with the new drivers.  I also really want to try the One Length out.  I don't know how to make suggestions other than posting here so my suggestion after the sort of disaster of 2021 is to get the Arccos/Cobra challenge started now (I'm not saying the reviews were a disaster as I enjoyed them very much, just getting the equipment to the people was tough with shortages, etc). I know it seems so early but getting the equipment going now so they can hit the ground running when courses around the world start opening up again would make so much sense. And of course pick me... I already bought my father a "knockoff set" of them and he LOVES how the system works.

The other one that I'd like to see is the Bushnell GC3.  Maybe testers could pay for the base unit and get the FULL upgrade for testing and reporting on the unit.  I would pay that $3500 right now today to test and report on the unit, and I'd be happy to buy all the other stuff like a mat and net or projector etc. for testing.  I'm thinking that I need to buy a Bushnell or GC3 unit in the next year or so - I have a 2 and 4 year old and A) want to teach them how to golf and B)  I can't justify going to the course and playing for 5-6 hours (with warm up and travel time) vs. spending time with the family more than maybe once a week or two weeks.

6 minutes ago, Clayton said:

I think my dream test would be the Arccos/Cobra challenge.  ESPECIALLY this season with the new drivers.  I also really want to try the One Length out.  I don't know how to make suggestions other than posting here so my suggestion after the sort of disaster of 2021 is to get the Arccos/Cobra challenge started now (I'm not saying the reviews were a disaster as I enjoyed them very much, just getting the equipment to the people was tough with shortages, etc). I know it seems so early but getting the equipment going now so they can hit the ground running when courses around the world start opening up again would make so much sense. And of course pick me... I already bought my father a "knockoff set" of them and he LOVES how the system works.

The other one that I'd like to see is the Bushnell GC3.  Maybe testers could pay for the base unit and get the FULL upgrade for testing and reporting on the unit.  I would pay that $3500 right now today to test and report on the unit, and I'd be happy to buy all the other stuff like a mat and net or projector etc. for testing.  I'm thinking that I need to buy a Bushnell or GC3 unit in the next year or so - I have a 2 and 4 year old and A) want to teach them how to golf and B)  I can't justify going to the course and playing for 5-6 hours (with warm up and travel time) vs. spending time with the family more than maybe once a week or two weeks.

So in short there was a LOT going on with CC5 and we did our best on our end, but unfortunately it sadly didn't pan out. Nothing to do with MGS or the testers, sadly we had several that didn't end up with their clubs. As mods we worked really hard behind the scenes, created a full competition and more.

As for the suggestion of getting it started early, I think that leads to another topic. As mods we run the tests, we select the testers, however we do not decide on what items or products are tested or when. This is up to MGS main site and their contacts with OEMs. As mods and a community we can try and have certain products tested (there is a whole thread on what you want to see tested), but outside of that we follow our direction from MGS Main site and do our work!

As far as I know the testing schedule is still being worked on and completed sometime in the next month or so. After that we (mods and community) await to see what item hits first for testing and let the season begin. 

So yes we would love to see another Cobra Connect we at this time do not know if it will happen again. We hope it will as it is a huge draw to the site and a lot of fun for the membership, but who knows? As for Bushnell GC3, yeah that is on the wish list, however I think it is a long shot to see this as a tested item... but you never know. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So in short there was a LOT going on with CC5 and we did our best on our end, but unfortunately it sadly didn't pan out. Nothing to do with MGS or the testers, sadly we had several that didn't end up with their clubs. As mods we worked really hard behind the scenes, created a full competition and more.

As for the suggestion of getting it started early, I think that leads to another topic. As mods we run the tests, we select the testers, however we do not decide on what items or products are tested or when. This is up to MGS main site and their contacts with OEMs. As mods and a community we can try and have certain products tested (there is a whole thread on what you want to see tested), but outside of that we follow our direction from MGS Main site and do our work!

As far as I know the testing schedule is still being worked on and completed sometime in the next month or so. After that we (mods and community) await to see what item hits first for testing and let the season begin. 

So yes we would love to see another Cobra Connect we at this time do not know if it will happen again. We hope it will as it is a huge draw to the site and a lot of fun for the membership, but who knows? As for Bushnell GC3, yeah that is on the wish list, however I think it is a long shot to see this as a tested item... but you never know. 

Just to be clear, I was not complaining and I followed the whole CC5 with great interest. I was only making a suggestion, and expressing interest if MGS does it again. They did their big release already so the new stuff is out.

I think there are so many people out there that would like to see home testing of the Bushnell/GC3 setup, even if we had to pay for part of it (it's quite an expensive item to "give away") while unlocking the unit is "free" for them.  I'll just say that I'd instantly pay for the unit and buy a gaming laptop if they did that and post a comparison to Trackman simulation, and I bet there's others that would as well.  But I totally understand it's a long shot as you say.  Seems like with the MGS "partnership" or loyal use of the GC4 units for their giant test efforts that something could happen.  I'll go look for the thread you mentioned and post something on there, as I'd love to see a few people test and review them.

Can you please send me the the review template? I'm working on a few unofficial reviews I'd like to post in the near future (5 star hitting mat, Mizuno T22 wedges, and some golf ball testing compared to the MGS ball test). 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

5 minutes ago, RDel90 said:

Can you please send me the the review template? I'm working on a few unofficial reviews I'd like to post in the near future (5 star hitting mat, Mizuno T22 wedges, and some golf ball testing compared to the MGS ball test). 

Send me a PM

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Thanks for posting the behind the curtain details.   I hope to be playing more this year and may apply for some of the tests.

:Sub70:  849D 10.5* UST PROFORCE v2 Black, 939X Hybrid 3H Aerotech SteelFiber Hybrid HLS 780

:taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX USA EDITION for winning the 2021 Ryder Cup contest sponsored by Taylormade and MGS  

:Hogan:  GS53Max 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black 5.5 ,  GS53 Fairway 4W HZRDUS Smoke Black 5.5,   VKTR+Hybrid 18* 

:titelist-small:  975D 9.5* ,  975F  3-w , 5-w 

:Sub70:   699 Pro Utility Black 19.5*

:Sub70:   TAIII  RAW 4-AW , True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 (R) 

:benhogan-small:  ICON Black  4- PW , with SteelFiber i80 (R) shafts

:benhogan-small:  Wedges Equalizer II  50*, 54*, 56*,  58*, 60*  , UST Recoil 780-F4/Stiff (Graphite)

:Sub70:  005 Wide Blade putter - with :garsen: Max 17"

:Sub70:  002 Mid Mallet putter - with :garsen:  Max 17"

:Arccos: Smoke Sensors (GEN 3+) ,  Link (GEN 2) 

old clubs

:wilson_staff_small:   Wilson Dyna-Power II  3-PW,  R90 Sand iron

Nice stuff. I was lucky to test some product a few years ago. Still use it every time I play. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

If I became a tester would I be allowed to alter the club(s) to fit me before testing? If so, great! If not, I couldn't be a tester. I use longer clubs. My waist is 45 inches off the ground with relatively short arms and torso which raises my hands farther off the ground than most people, especially those my height (6'1/2").

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.

Really good info. Makes me think I should comment and post more often instead of just reading. How did we get access to the testing template?

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

32 minutes ago, Bob Pegram said:

If I became a tester would I be allowed to alter the club(s) to fit me before testing? If so, great! If not, I couldn't be a tester. I use longer clubs. My waist is 45 inches off the ground with relatively short arms and torso which raises my hands farther off the ground than most people, especially those my height (6'1/2").

Typically you are able to get fit prior to submitting how you want the clubs built.  No upcharge shafts are generally available.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 minutes ago, Mick Close said:

Really good info. Makes me think I should comment and post more often instead of just reading. How did we get access to the testing template?

Send me a PM

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Good thread, love getting to see the nitty gritty of testing selection. Not a enviable job imo 😅

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

Good thread, love getting to see the nitty gritty of testing selection. Not a enviable job imo 😅

I'll be honest it isn't that bad. Of course you would love to select more then the allotted amount, but the appropriate names usually stick out and after the mods have all put in their notes or selections for the short list there is often enough overlap that it only takes a short discussion to fill in. 

It also helps that we want to get new members involved.

One small thing (well maybe not so small) that we are hoping to accomplish is year round testing. It may mean that smaller items/training items get pushed closer to the offseason (think putting matts, putout, spornia, exoputt, superspeed and the likes) so not only can we get more reviews, but more members involved in the testing process. Still more to be done on this front, but something we are certainly hoping to achieve.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Want to make your own review on a product and follow our testing template? This is a generic template to follow, however uses the same star rating system that any of the "official reviews" will have for this season and moving forward. (half stars are okay as well). The generic template gives you the opportunity to be a little more creative while following the same general template we will use for any and all official tests.
Here it is: Member Review Testing Template

Please please use the search function before creating a new thread as many of these products/reviews can be posted into existing threads. We can add in a front end message like this one to the top of the thread linking your review to make it more visible on request as well. This helps us keep the forum cleaner and without too many repeating threads. 

Have more questions? Reach out to myself @GolfSpy_APH or any of the other mods. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 1 month later...