Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2023: Want To Be a MGS Forum Tester? Read Here!

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

DO NOT APPLY WITHIN THIS THREAD FOR TESTING

Want to make your own review on a product and follow our testing template? This is a generic template to follow, however uses the same star rating system that any of the "official reviews" will have for this season and moving forward. (half stars are okay as well). The generic template gives you the opportunity to be a little more creative while following the same general template we will use for any and all official tests.
Here it is: Member Review Testing Template

Please please use the search function before creating a new thread as many of these products/reviews can be posted into existing threads. We can add in a front end message like this one to the top of the thread linking your review to make it more visible on request as well. This helps us keep the forum cleaner and without too many repeating threads. 

Have more questions? Reach out to myself @GolfSpy_APH or any of the other mods via our staff page: Forum Staff 

2023 Update Post: HERE

For more information and data we have an independent study that was done by a member which can be found: HERE!

Just now, FallenSaber said:

Thank you. I just found a section that had some more questions in the account settings so that might help.

Perfect, if you have more questions just let me know! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Perfect, if you have more questions just let me know! 

The additional questions kept me at 50% but completing the Twitter and handicap sections seemed to do the trick. Thank you for your help and hopes this helps others who might be in a similar boat.

SoCalJoe

Livin that San Diego Life

On 5/7/2023 at 10:11 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Did you know that if a member only ever posts in testers Wanted or signs up for testing opportunities they chances of being selected are slim to none?

Just being honest.

We look at recent activity, forum participation and over several periods of time to ensure we have the best possible candidates for each test!

I would like to know exactly how to add my profile picture as I really don't know where and how. Maybe that is why I am never selected?

8 minutes ago, ORIGINAL SCARP said:

I would like to know exactly how to add my profile picture as I really don't know where and how. Maybe that is why I am never selected?

In a web browser, click on your name in the top right, then click profile from the pull-down menu.  Once your profile page comes up, next to the picture of the "O" there should be a box to click for "Picture" that will allow you to drag and drop your photo.

As for getting selected, the photo is one step, but it seems like the biggest criteria is your continued involvement with the group.  Keep posting, stay involved, I hope your chance will come.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

25 minutes ago, ORIGINAL SCARP said:

FAQ also has more Info on this for you.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 5/11/2023 at 1:43 PM, DaveP043 said:

In a web browser, click on your name in the top right, then click profile from the pull-down menu.  Once your profile page comes up, next to the picture of the "O" there should be a box to click for "Picture" that will allow you to drag and drop your photo.

As for getting selected, the photo is one step, but it seems like the biggest criteria is your continued involvement with the group.  Keep posting, stay involved, I hope your chance will come.

I followed your directions exactly and got my pic on my profile Dave P043, but it doesn't show up with my name when I post anything.

1 hour ago, ORIGINAL SCARP said:

I followed your directions exactly and got my pic on my profile Dave P043, but it doesn't show up with my name when I post anything.

Looks like you put it as your cover photo.

Don't worry tho I've added it for you as your profile photo so it is all there for you now!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I've seen the ads. Curious as to the claims of this shoe brand and the durability.   I walk 9 holes 3-4 times per week.  I breakdown shoes within a year.  I currently rotate wearing 4 pairs.

I look forward to the reviews.

Dennis Webb

If you think about it, life is a terminal disease. Don't forget to have fun.

10 minutes ago, Dennis Webb said:

I've seen the ads. Curious as to the claims of this shoe brand and the durability.   I walk 9 holes 3-4 times per week.  I breakdown shoes within a year.  I currently rotate wearing 4 pairs.

I look forward to the reviews.

Dennis this isn’t the place to apply to be a tester. This is a thread telling you how to become a tester. If interested in applying go here to apply 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question concerning tests reserved for US members only. I do not live in the US but I do have an address there that redirects my parcels to my country, does it counts as being in the US for the test as I would receive my parcel just the same. Thanks.

Drivers : Ping G425 10.5° Max Diamana black s60 X-Stiff and TaylorMade SIM 2 9° Tensei Blue AV Series 60 X-Stiff.

Woods : 3 and 7 wood Ping G425 Max Tensei Orange Stiff

Hybrid : Ping G425 22° Stiff.

Irons : Mizuno Pro 243 NS PRO 850GH NEO Stiff.

Wedges : 52 12M Vokey TM8 and 56 10S Vokey TM8

Tech Mevo+, Garmin S62 Watch and Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized.

Home course : The Els Club, Dubai. Blue (6,829 yards) Black (7,538 yards)

9 minutes ago, JJames said:

I have a question concerning tests reserved for US members only. I do not live in the US but I do have an address there that redirects my parcels to my country, does it counts as being in the US for the test as I would receive my parcel just the same. Thanks.

Due to timing and how we organize our tests as well as it is the OEMs that determine the Geo restrictions no, unfortunately this would not work or allow you to be eligible for US only tests.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think this is worth mentioning as we have had a few tests completed and more coming in the next week or so. 

All tests are graded. We take into account not just the review itself, but the overall participation with the thread over the testing period and the timeliness of meeting deadlines. 

We are pretty fair when it comes to grades and new for this year we are actually sending testers a quick survey to complete which is to help us get better at what we are doing as well. It also asks testers to give themselves a grade or evaluate how they feel they did. 

Now the important part of all this. If someone fails to complete a review or is consistently late on providing updates, replies or completing the review and is given a shotty grade (1 or even 2 out of 5) the chances of them getting another review anytime soon if at all are slim to none. 

To be frank, we put a lot of care into our selection and the OEMs trust us to make these selections appropriately. If someone bails, does just a trash job or just fails to complete the review it not only looks bad on them, but also us as Forum Staff and MGS. It sucks for the community and everyone involved in testing when this happens. 

In the end we have too many stellar members, too many new members coming into proving their worth and value to the community to select anyone again who has had a bad grade on testing or just gone mia. 

We as Forum Staff are very understanding and lenient to family situation, life situations and whatever else is happening to make accommodations when necessary, however when no communication happens and a null review happens it truly sucks and for us why should we risk that happening again for future reviews?

All I can say is - if you were this kind of employee, would you expect to have a job?

This is sad 😔 

B

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It sucks if and when it does happen. It does not happen often. That is for sure and we are very upfront with our expectations for all testers. 

We do our best to get new members involved, because well I like seeing new members involved in testing. It is fun, exciting and their level of nervousness and enthusiasm is contagious and they often do a stellar job. 

Hopefully I'll get to test stuff eventually! I'm a gearhead with golf and hotrods, and having a decent public course in my backyard would make testing pretty easy! No joke, because of MGS I spent alot of time last year fiddling with different golf balls to find what fits my game the best! It was fun for me, and the knowledge gained has helped me since knowing I only game several balls now versus just hitting whatever prior. Thanks for what y'all do!

Scott

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

2 hours ago, injectedcutty said:

Hopefully I'll get to test stuff eventually! I'm a gearhead with golf and hotrods, and having a decent public course in my backyard would make testing pretty easy! No joke, because of MGS I spent alot of time last year fiddling with different golf balls to find what fits my game the best! It was fun for me, and the knowledge gained has helped me since knowing I only game several balls now versus just hitting whatever prior. Thanks for what y'all do!

Scott

I can relate to this entirely! I have yet to do a test but excited to get on a formal one. One thing that was advised to me was to try doing an "unofficial" test, almost like a proving ground opportunity. I am looking to wrap up a Maxfli Tour X golf ball review by the end of this week. Best of luck to you @injectedcutty, and happy to have you!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

3 hours ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

I can relate to this entirely! I have yet to do a test but excited to get on a formal one. One thing that was advised to me was to try doing an "unofficial" test, almost like a proving ground opportunity. I am looking to wrap up a Maxfli Tour X golf ball review by the end of this week. Best of luck to you @injectedcutty, and happy to have you!

This is good advice. I would add that if you take a look at the recent activity of any of the current or former testers you will notice that they are all actively engaged in multiple threads. They create and/or contribute to the things they are curious about or want to discuss and find out more about. There is no magic formula that will guarantee a testing opportunity, but showing the forum staff what you’re capable of can only help your chances of being selected. Welcome to the forum, we look forward to your contributions!

WITB:

D: TBD ??? 🤔

3w: :callaway-small: Paradym ♦️♦️♦️15° Hzrdus 6.0

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

4u:   :titleist-small:  T200 Utility Build 24° Hzrdus 6.0

5i:  :titleist-small: T200 25° Recoil 110 f4

6i-PW: :srixon-small: Z 765 28°-46° N.S Pro 1050 gh S

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Designs Atlanta

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Bag:  Jones Trouper R stand bag 

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who want some quick hit points to being selected here are some tips we look for!
1. Profile photo - no photo no selection its that simple
2. Get involved - we want to see that you going to do a good review for our community so having some posting history even if brief is important!
3. Complete your profile: Even if it is 75% complete that is considered completed (the other 25% is for additional questions which you can answer by going into profile settings) however having a profile completed to the 75% shows interest in the forum.
4. Follow the forum instructions! (ie please do not apply here ... if anything it will hurt chances)
5. Finally ask questions, start a thread of your own, introduce yourself or any of that! 

We often select one new tester per test and there are many of them here in this thread that can attest to that or some that will hopefully chime in after seeing this post!

If you have questions just ask! Whether here or via the PM system to the Forum Staff we will be happy to assist where we can!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For those of you who want some quick hit points to being selected here are some tips we look for!
1. Profile photo - no photo no selection its that simple
2. Get involved - we want to see that you going to do a good review for our community so having some posting history even if brief is important!
3. Complete your profile: Even if it is 75% complete that is considered completed (the other 25% is for additional questions which you can answer by going into profile settings) however having a profile completed to the 75% shows interest in the forum.
4. Follow the forum instructions! (ie please do not apply here ... if anything it will hurt chances)
5. Finally ask questions, start a thread of your own, introduce yourself or any of that! 

We often select one new tester per test and there are many of them here in this thread that can attest to that or some that will hopefully chime in after seeing this post!

If you have questions just ask! Whether here or via the PM system to the Forum Staff we will be happy to assist where we can!

How do you get your clubs listed on your profile?

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

5 minutes ago, Woody83 said:

How do you get your clubs listed on your profile?

The FAQ has a ton of great info if you have questions!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Thank you

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the likelihood of being selected for a test were slim to none. However, I am currently involved in my first review (Sqairz Bold golf shoes) and really enjoy reading about other testers reviews of several products. Those reviews encouraged me to purchase the Callaway Paradym woods and irons about a month ago. 

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

1 hour ago, ScramblinMan said:

I thought the likelihood of being selected for a test were slim to none. However, I am currently involved in my first review (Sqairz Bold golf shoes) and really enjoy reading about other testers reviews of several products. Those reviews encouraged me to purchase the Callaway Paradym woods and irons about a month ago. 

Your username is great. "Lord I was born a scramblin' man. Tryin' to find my tee shot, then I'll hit it the best I can."

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Wanted to provide a little more insight as we get later in the testing season. 

Activity and engagement for us as Forum staff during the selection process is critical. Thankfully we have some tools at our disposal to look into this. 

One is simple, post count and reactions. However that gives a very broad view and one that can be misleading. For example being a member who has been around for a long time and use to be active and has racked up over 1k posts and now is never on or active on the Forum. 

Another is recent activity. It is something we check to see where and what members post in. There are some that only post in one thread and while that is fine, it isn't always the best for testing purposes. 

image.png

This is a graph of daily posts from my account. I will be honest with all that goes on I don't post as much as I would like, but you can see it goes by each day and will show a consistent level of activity. 

image.png

Here is someone over that same time period who hasn't posted at all. This is what I call Flatlined... and just like what it would mean in real life, it means the same thing to your chances at testing. 

image.png

Another example of a member on the forum staff who is active, but you can see doesn't post every day. Nothing wrong with this, but it shoes us that there is actual activity. 

image.png

A newer member and as you can see spikes in posts, not daily, but we can clearly see they have a decent activity record. 

We also understand that there are lots of members who are hesitant to post or just getting the lay of the land. Unfortunately we don't have as many tools to use to track this. All I can say is I have been there and know this is a very welcoming community. Just look at the Good Morning thread. 

For those who are more lurkers or readers, if you have questions please reach out to any of the Forum Staff and we would be more than happy to help where we can. 

Hope this helps give a little insight to our process and just another additional piece that we look into. 

Great stuff! Interesting breakdown of the activity levels. I will admit when I first joined I was more a reader. Then really wanted to get more out of the site. So, I read your tips and started getting more involved. I can personally attest that the more involved the more information I received. Example: I learned a lot about balls and equipment I have never thought about using. This led to my purchasing Red Rooster gloves, various balls and a putter. Interaction with Bob from SQAIRZ has changed the shoes I sport. I now have three pairs of SQAIRZs. Then the big break came when I was granted the opportunity to test the Callaway Paradym irons. I wanted to do the best I could to provide good feedback and information to my fellow forum members. So, I purchased a MLM to assist with the test. This has made my practice sessions more productive. This further led to my purchase of a Paradym TD driver. Reading about wedges has recently led to my purchasing Vokey wedges (can’t wait for them to arrive). Bottom line moving from reader to active member has totally changed my equipment, practice and approach to the game this year. The best part is my game is solid and my handicap is dropping! I love this site and want to thank the Administrators and fellow active members for all the incite, tips and assistance in making the game more enjoyable. I can only hope that I can offer assistance and incite to others whenever possible. 

Play like a champion today!

11 hours ago, richk9holes said:

Your username is great. "Lord I was born a scramblin' man. Tryin' to find my tee shot, then I'll hit it the best I can."

Huge Allman Brothers fan! I love your lyrics @richk9holes

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter