TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

Just looked up how much a dozen Maxfli Tours would be in Australia. Best price below.

If someone was in the golf business, it might be an opportunity to become the Maxfli distributor in Aus.

Capture.PNG

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

9 hours ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

Just looked up how much a dozen Maxfli Tours would be in Australia. Best price below.

If someone was in the golf business, it might be an opportunity to become the Maxfli distributor in Aus.

Capture.PNG

IS THAT FOR ONE DOZEN?!

<googles shipping costs to Australia...> Uh. Ok. So it's like $50 to ship a dozen balls. So while I can beat the $100/dozen rate, even Clear balls would be cheaper 😩

also. side bar. Are all of your golf ball packages the elongated rectangular prism? How are they packaged inside? Sleeves of two?

Edited by greggarner

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

18 hours ago, chisag said:

1886513593_MTBalls.JPG.0fde2238ab5892e99a2f99c16370b948.JPG

I'm surprised you didn't use the maxfli dot for your custom mark... though I understand it isn't red 😉

16 hours ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

135a_lg.jpeg

LOVED this ball back in the day.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I am looking forward to trying these. DSG had the "old" version online at 2 for $45 at the end of last season. I picked up 2 dozen yellow. Can't argue about the price and we'll see if this takes over from the Z-Star I've been playing the last 2 years. I switched from the ProV1 because of cost. So I saved $10 (or more) as I was finding old model Z-Star on Amazon for under $30 for awhile. So why not knock off another couple bucks if performance is close.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played 18 on Tuesday - front 9 with Titleist AVX and back 9 with Maxfli Tour.  Several drives were clearly longer than the AVX, but that might be a fluke. Spin and feel were good for me.  Nine holes is a short test, but I saw and felt enough to keep me testing. 

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

I am a MAxfli Tour believer also and now have 5 dozen white and a dozen yellow for the fall/spring. Previous selection was ProV1x based MGS testing for slower swing speeds. They sure work for me! Also like the Bridgestone RX but you hit 1 cart path and...its a shag bag bullet.

When I started playing golf 20 years ago. I picked up a few dozen of the MaxFli Tour balls on sale for under $10 a dozen. I got both the regular Tour ball as well as the LT version which has more spin but a lower ball flight so it will not balloon from the higher spin numbers. I loved that ball and I still have a couple dozen of them left in my stash of tour balls. If the new Tour balls are as good as the 20 year old version, they should be great. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

For me the Maxfli Tour balls are considerably longer off my driver.  I gave my playing partner one to play last season and he stuck a 9 iron for birdie that he said his Pro-V would not have held the green on since it was a bit of a lower trajectory shot that stopped dead on a tight pin.  The four box deal for $105 is unworldly.  Best value out there and I don't think these Maxfli balls are deficient in any area comparted to Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, Srixon, etc.

Picked up a dozen of each and hit them while testing my new PXG 0211 proto driver, I thought they were excellent.  I hit a few with my seven iron and great spin and control.  I'm going with the tour, but I thought they both played well.  I've been putting and chipping with them as well, great feel and good response.  I've switched from Vice Pro.

Any combination of Titleist 905 9.5 degree, PXG 0811X 9 degree, Titleist 904 @ 15 degrees, Maltby KE4 14 degree, Titleist 913 @ 19,  Maltby KE4 Tour FDE 19 degree driving iron, Upswing 7 wood 21 degree, Titliest 670 2-PW, Cleveland 52, Callaway 58, Maltby DBM Forged 4-GW, Maltby TSW forged 54, 58, Vokey 52, 56, 58, 60 Ping Anser 2 (1990), Scotty Bullseye, Wilson Bucktown, Odyssey Rossi White Hot, Odyssey Versa; Currently playing Titleist: Drive, 3 wood, 2 - pw, Cleveland RTX 588 52, Callaway Mack Daddy 58, ping answer 2 Kirkland Signature (2023);

On 2/10/2022 at 1:17 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Seemed that more of the testers preferred the "X" but I prefered the regular tour.

... Loved your review and exactly why you have to try them yourself. I found it very interesting Edingc preferred the Tour X over the Tour because the Tour did not spin enough for him. At up to 118 mph swing speed compared to mine at around 98 mph balls will react differently. Spin for me with the Tour is perfect with full iron shots, considering I find Bermuda greens to react differently during twilite rounds. Into the grain they one hop, stop and spin back a foot or two. Down grain they one hop, stop and release a foot or two. So 4-6 feet of difference is fine by me. I really don't want my ball spinning back 6 - 10 feet when hitting into the grain so I do not have to worry about throwing the ball past the flag to accommodate more spin. For me at least, chips and pitches are equally good with either ball but the deal breaker for me at a swing speed under 100 mph is the Tour is longer than the Tour X. While Edingc admitted the Tour might be a little longer, he has distance to burn and he can afford to give up a little yardage so the X performed better in every other way for him. Since you can get 2 dozen for $60 It ain't a bad idea to get one of each and find out which works best for your swing. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I was putting with them on my Birdie Ball mat yesterday and comparing them to my Z-Star. The feel was so similar that I couldn't notice any difference off the putter face. If the short game feel is that similar with the softer feel I like, I'm going to enjoy testing this out come spring.

Take Dead Aim

A story: I pride myself in playing balls I find. I don’t play them if they are cut, but scuffs are typically fine. Is shoot anywhere from 85-95, have a driver swing speed from 100 to 110, and usually lose about 3 to 5 balls a round. I play balls I find because of the last part of that statement. I hate wasting money. 

A couple of days ago I started thinking that maybe I should try playing with new balls to see if I can keep them in play. Of course I love playing Pro V1s I find, but I’m not shelling out $50 for 12. Earlier this year, I saw that MGS had a 40% deal for the Maxfli Balls and I was almost about to buy the 48-count box but bailed. Man do I regret that. Last night, I did more reading up on the Maxfli Tours including reading this thread and decided to grab the 2 dozen for $60 deal (would have been that much for 48 a couple of months ago). This morning my 10-year-old son and I hit the course for 18. 

My first ball went into the fairway to the left of the hole I was on, but it was straight as an arrow, I just pulled it. I then took a breakfast ball and put it right where I wanted. 

I’ll spare you the details of the whole round but will say this. I don’t think I played a lot better than normal (I didn’t keep score today, I just had one goal in mind which I’ll get to soon), but I think my drives were a bit straighter, and as long as ones I hit with Pro V1s (between 250-260 probably). I missed some fairways like normal, but only had one bad slice trying to hit a big drive on 16. I used the CG alignment on the tee and I loved that. It gave me confidence I was lined up properly. I was my typically bad self around the greens, but putted OK. 

Going into the round I had one goal, don’t lose a ball. Not just because I am cheap but I knew that would improve my performance and keep me from getting frustrated. She had some adventures flirting with a lake, going in a creek (but not where I couldn’t get it with a retriever) and visiting the edge of the woods a couple of times. However when the last clip-clop of the cup sounded, she was there waiting for me to bring her home. 

I’ve never played 18 with the same ball, and I’m not saying the ball is magic. If you hit it bad, it’s gonna be bad. But I’m very, very happy with the decision and I hope they go on sale again because I’m going to stock up on these suckers. 

On 2/12/2022 at 1:08 AM, greggarner said:

How are they packaged inside? Sleeves of two?

Not sure if that was directed at me, but when I screen snipped I didn't include the whole package. That's just the side of the box so it looks weird without the rest of it.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

On 2/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, jared52 said:

A story: I pride myself in playing balls I find. I don’t play them if they are cut, but scuffs are typically fine. Is shoot anywhere from 85-95, have a driver swing speed from 100 to 110, and usually lose about 3 to 5 balls a round. I play balls I find because of the last part of that statement. I hate wasting money. 

A couple of days ago I started thinking that maybe I should try playing with new balls to see if I can keep them in play. Of course I love playing Pro V1s I find, but I’m not shelling out $50 for 12. Earlier this year, I saw that MGS had a 40% deal for the Maxfli Balls and I was almost about to buy the 48-count box but bailed. Man do I regret that. Last night, I did more reading up on the Maxfli Tours including reading this thread and decided to grab the 2 dozen for $60 deal (would have been that much for 48 a couple of months ago). This morning my 10-year-old son and I hit the course for 18. 

My first ball went into the fairway to the left of the hole I was on, but it was straight as an arrow, I just pulled it. I then took a breakfast ball and put it right where I wanted. 

I’ll spare you the details of the whole round but will say this. I don’t think I played a lot better than normal (I didn’t keep score today, I just had one goal in mind which I’ll get to soon), but I think my drives were a bit straighter, and as long as ones I hit with Pro V1s (between 250-260 probably). I missed some fairways like normal, but only had one bad slice trying to hit a big drive on 16. I used the CG alignment on the tee and I loved that. It gave me confidence I was lined up properly. I was my typically bad self around the greens, but putted OK. 

Going into the round I had one goal, don’t lose a ball. Not just because I am cheap but I knew that would improve my performance and keep me from getting frustrated. She had some adventures flirting with a lake, going in a creek (but not where I couldn’t get it with a retriever) and visiting the edge of the woods a couple of times. However when the last clip-clop of the cup sounded, she was there waiting for me to bring her home. 

I’ve never played 18 with the same ball, and I’m not saying the ball is magic. If you hit it bad, it’s gonna be bad. But I’m very, very happy with the decision and I hope they go on sale again because I’m going to stock up on these suckers. 

Yesterday I returned a hat for a friend and received the $10 off coupon. Picked up two dozen for $50.

I was one of the MGS testers this year and I'm still using the  Tour balls after nearly 5 months out of the original 12 I have 9 left, play twice or 3 time a week. But once the box is gone it is back to my old Gamer since you can't get them in Europe.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

42 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I'm still using the  Tour balls after nearly 5 months out of the original 12 I have 9 left, play twice or 3 time a week

ok, that is impressive.

If my math is correct, that is 3 balls in 50 rounds, or 16.67 rounds per ball (or 300 holes per ball).  Don't burst my bubble that you also use other balls when you play, I want to stay in awe. 😉

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

26 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

ok, that is impressive.

If my math is correct, that is 3 balls in 50 rounds, or 16.67 rounds per ball (or 300 holes per ball).  Don't burst my bubble that you also use other balls when you play, I want to stay in awe. 😉

Those numbers do look impressive but reflecting back I can only remember losing one ball in the last 3 months. My course is on a Winter setup at the moment only playing about 4400 yds compare to the normal 6200 in the summer, so I'm playing very few long irons and also the rough has died back quite a bit. You can still lose balls if you're wild. I think it is also s tribute to the ball's durability because I won't play with badly marked balls.

In summer it is a different story I'm usually losing a ball around.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

27 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I think it is also s tribute to the ball's durability because I won't play with badly marked balls.

Awesome Alf.  You answered my next question about durability.  I wish my course played to 4400... but I would still lose 1-2 balls a round... haha.  Keep up the good play... too bad Maxfli isn't more readily available in your neck of the woods, it is a gamer that ranks up there with any others in my opinion.  Let me know if you would like to arrange a package sent from Houston Texas... 🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

5 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Awesome Alf.  You answered my next question about durability.  I wish my course played to 4400... but I would still lose 1-2 balls a round... haha.  Keep up the good play... too bad Maxfli isn't more readily available in your neck of the woods, it is a gamer that ranks up there with any others in my opinion.  Let me know if you would like to arrange a package sent from Houston Texas... 🙂

I can attest to the durability as well. Since testing in July I had the same sleeve in play for 4 months. Still have two from the same sleeve left to start off next season. I put a sleeve of yellow in play after the 4 months for contrast against the dormant grass. Still have all three but only got to play all of December and January 1st with those. Then winter hit. Normally play twice a week. I lost the one ball in September. The ball fell out of my pocket someplace. But the balls still look real good. I'm impressed. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I agree with everything said above about these balls.  I normally play Z Star or ProV1 and normally avoid "X" models because of the feel putting.  I gave the Tour X a try and I will say they are really good, not too clicky off wedges or putters.  Good distance and the cover seems to last forever.  Used one ball for 18 holes and it was still shiney and no sucffs. 

:callaway-small: Callaway Paradym Driver

:callaway-small: Callaway Epic Flash - 3W

:callaway-small: Callaway Apex 21 3h

:ping-small: Ping G410 4h

:taylormade-small: Taylormade P790 5-p

:ping-small: Ping Glide 4.0 50,54, 58

:PXG:PXG One & Done

:titleist-small: Pro V1x

On 2/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, jared52 said:

Congrats on the big accomplishment! It's no easy feat to keep it in play for all 18. Now you know you can do it, so do it again!!!

Take Dead Aim

Congrats on the big accomplishment! It's no easy feat to keep it in play for all 18. Now you know you can do it, so do it again!!!

Great job. Celebrate those successes jared52..

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet