Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

I picked up some of the previous gen Maxfli Tours at the end of last season and really liked them. This thread made me aware of the 4 dozen for $104 deal and now a box is sitting at Golf galaxy waiting for me to pick them up. 😃

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

15 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I picked up some of the previous gen Maxfli Tours at the end of last season and really liked them. This thread made me aware of the 4 dozen for $104 deal and now a box is sitting at Golf galaxy waiting for me to pick them up. 😃

... You will enjoy playing them at Tanglewood Park! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You will enjoy playing them at Tanglewood Park! 

I do need to get back to Tanglewood soon! Most of the folks I have been playing with recently live closer to Greensboro so we have been playing courses more centrally located.

Edited by Hobert

Kirkland V3 

2 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I do need to get back to Tanglewood soon! Most of the folks I have been playing with recently live closer to Greensboro so we have been playing courses more centrally located.

... I grew up in Greensboro but didn't play golf til I moved to Chicago. But Tanglewood, Bryan Park Champions, Jamestown Park and Greensboro National were some of my favorites when I visited my folks. 

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I grew up in Greensboro but didn't play golf til I moved to Chicago. But Tanglewood, Bryan Park Champions, Jamestown Park and Greensboro National were some of my favorites when I visited my folks. 

Very cool! I played Jamestown Park for the first time on President's Day. I really enjoyed it (although I did get confused on a Par 3 on the back and hit it to 10 feet on the WRONG green 😬). Tanglewood is fun (I like hitting up the Par 3 course with my kids as well). I used to be a member at Oak Valley, also a fun track. If you are ever in town and need a 4th...

Edited by Hobert

Kirkland V3 

3 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Very cool! I played Jamestown Park for the first time on President's Day. I really enjoyed it (although I did get confused on a Par 3 on the back and hit it to 10 feet on the WRONG green 😬). Tanglewood is fun (I like hitting up the Par 3 course with my kids as well). I used to be a member at Oak Valley, also a fun track. If you are ever in town and need a 4th...

... Thanks for the invite but my parents moved to Hilton Head. Glad you got to play it, Jamestown is such a fun little park district course. 

I also switched to the Maxfli Tour. I have been playing Vice Soft for years, but after reading the test results on MGS, I gave the Maxfli a try. Right now it is my "go to" ball. I also played the Revolution back in it's day. It's good to see Maxfli back in the game.

Taylor Made Stealth 2  Driver with ACCURA Senior flex, 42.5 grams

Ping G415 3 Wood

Callaway Epic 5 Wood

Ping G415 22* Hybrid

Sub70 699 irons

Aerotech Steel Fiber I70 graphite shafts an NO1 50 grips

Sub70 286 Forged wedges 54* and 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X putter with oversized Sweet Rollz grip

True Pro Lux and True Links Knit shoes

I play the Maxfli Tour X and have done so for about two years now.  Just hope Dick's sticks with making these great balls.  I'm concerned that their limited distribution (Dick's, Golf Galaxy) may not produce a high enough volume to keep everyone happy.  This ball ought to be available everywhere balls are sold but we all know it won't because of the good ole boy golf network.

Meanwhile, let's spread the word!

:cobra-small:  LTDx Drive

:cobra-small:  LTDx 3, 5 & 7 Fairway Metals

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Hot Metal JPC 921 Irons

:PXG:0311 Wedges--56° & 60°

:PXG: Blade Putter

:maxfli: Tour Golf Ball

17 minutes ago, 6 Million Dollar Man said:

I play the Maxfli Tour X and have done so for about two years now.  Just hope Dick's sticks with making these great balls.  I'm concerned that their limited distribution (Dick's, Golf Galaxy) may not produce a high enough volume to keep everyone happy.  This ball ought to be available everywhere balls are sold but we all know it won't because of the good ole boy golf network.

Meanwhile, let's spread the word!

Agreed.  And tell me your name is Steve Austin and you officially have my favorite user name on this site!!  😉

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I've been playing Snell MTB-X for years but my wife grabbed me 12 Maxfli Tour X, using the MGS discount, as she was picking up some Maxfli Tour for a nephew's Xmas present.  The Tour X is a legit ball.  Better than legit.  It's amazing.  I've been raving about them for two months, due to the distance, spin, and durability, but none of my friends believe me.  Eight rounds of golf and I have 5 left, with two boxes of Snells in the closet, but I'll game those Maxfli Tour X after that.  It's that good.  I just hope they keep making them and at that price.  

Driver:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 9° Driver w/ ALTA CB 55 Stiff (60g)

3W:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-wood 14.5* w/ Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff (71g)

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-hybrid 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid Tour Stiff 85 (84g)

Irons:   :ping-small: i210 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

PNW Wedges:   :ping-small: Glide 3.0 50/54/58 SS Grind w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Desert/Dry Wedges:   :mizuno-small: Mizuno T24 Denim Copper 50 S/54 S/58 V w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s w/ Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball:  :maxfli: Maxfli Tour X

Bag:   :ping-small: 2021 Pioneer Cart Bag

Cart:  :Clicgear: Model 3.5

On 2/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, chisag said:

... MGS Ball Testing says Titleist ProV1 sets the standard for quality and performance and I doubt anyone can find any fault with that claim. After playing about 10 rounds with Maxfli Tour balls, I put some ProV1's into play for 5 rounds then went back to Maxfli Tours for another 10. At my level of play, I just can't tell much difference if any at all. The Maxfli Tour is just so good at everything and the only difference I might have seen is the ProV1 is just a little more durable. I bought 2 dozen Maxfli Tours for $60 after MGS gave them such high marks and then went back and took advantage of the 4 dozen for $104 deal. That's 4 dozen Maxfli Tour for the cost of 2 dozen ProV1's so for non tour players that don't get balls for free, if you play 5 times a week and even once a week that is a substantial savings for balls that I can honestly not tell apart. 

... I also always use the CG alignment on the tee and on the greens but do not "line up putts", I just make sure it is pretty much in the direction I am hitting/putting. I really can't say if it makes any difference but if Maxfli went through the trouble to find the CG, I figure why not use it. At the moment I think it is the best ball deal going. 

1886513593_MTBalls.JPG.0fde2238ab5892e99a2f99c16370b948.JPG

Bought the 2 doz for $60 towards end of last season and will probably continue assuming Maxfli continues such pricing.

15 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Agreed.  And tell me your name is Steve Austin and you officially have my favorite user name on this site!!  😉

Ha ha!  Afraid not.  Got the username by getting several operations in a short span of time.  Family started calling me bionic!

Edited by 6 Million Dollar Man

2 hours ago, 6 Million Dollar Man said:

Got the username by getting several operations in a short span of time.  Family started calling me bionic!

That is an even better reason!!  Love it.   I can just hear the "bionic" sound effects as you are hitting your drives... I may be showing my age...  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:14 PM, Tiftaaft said:

Awesome Alf.  You answered my next question about durability.  I wish my course played to 4400... but I would still lose 1-2 balls a round... haha.  Keep up the good play... too bad Maxfli isn't more readily available in your neck of the woods, it is a gamer that ranks up there with any others in my opinion.  Let me know if you would like to arrange a package sent from Houston Texas... 🙂

Since the post I've given it a real go to try and lose one of these and haven't been able to do it. The same ball I've hit into gorse twice and hit it off the OB wall today. Found it and played on!

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

2 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Since the post I've given it a real go to try and lose one of these and haven't been able to do it. The same ball I've hit into gorse twice and hit it off the OB wall today. Found it and played on!

That ball is Mystical!!!   Nice!!! Not only did you find it, but it saved you a few strokes!!  haha

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I saw that the 4 pack of Maxfli Tour/Tour X were available at Golf Galaxy for $104.  No special codes required.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

18 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I saw that the 4 pack of Maxfli Tour/Tour X were available at Golf Galaxy for $104.  No special codes required.

Used to be available only on line.  I saw them the other day. Quite the value.

Tour's are great balls in performance but also durable. This ball I have played for the past 4 rounds, it has seen the woods more than once, hit a couple of cart paths on the fly and took a direct hit on a tree trunk at 40 yds. from my 1 iron. I think that might be the one mark that is visible. Still plays great but has lost that "new" ball feel so it has earned retirement. Love the ball.

Tour3.jpg

Tour4.jpg

Tour1.jpg

Tour2.jpg

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

12 hours ago, Larryw said:

Tour's are great balls in performance but also durable. This ball I have played for the past 4 rounds, it has seen the woods more than once, hit a couple of cart paths on the fly and took a direct hit on a tree trunk at 40 yds. from my 1 iron. I think that might be the one mark that is visible. Still plays great but has lost that "new" ball feel so it has earned retirement. Love the ball.

Tour3.jpg

Tour4.jpg

Tour1.jpg

Tour2.jpg

Larry, Not sure if I'm more impressed with the durability of the Maxfli, the fact that you, like many others play multiple rounds with the same ball (as I continue to rinse mine in the lake every chance I get), or.... that you are carrying a 1 iron... AND PLAYING IT!.    I am definitely in the wrong hobby!!  haha.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I've played the Tour and they spun a little too much for me and were not good in the wind. I do like the X a lot.

I just wish they made the Tour X in yellow.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Just stopped by Golf Galaxy at lunch.  Noticed they had "prior season" Maxfli Tour and Tour X marked at 2 for $45...   But the boxes below the sign were the new versions.  They rang up at 2 for $60, and as a courtesy I let the sales associate know the sign has a different price.  He offered to honor the deal (though would only agree to 2 boxes at that price... I was ready to stock up).  I'll take it.  If I was Alf, or Larry, those two boxes would last me like 5 years! 🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Haven't tried the new Maxfli offering yet but back in the day, way back, my go to ball of choice was the Maxfli Balata. Currently using the Callaway chrome Soft X LS but once the season starts I'll certainly give these a try. Here's hoping the "good" Maxfli days are back.

I only wish that GG would have had the yellow balls in the 4 dozen/$104 sale, not just the white ones.  Maybe some day...

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

14 hours ago, bossman said:

Haven't tried the new Maxfli offering yet but back in the day, way back, my go to ball of choice was the Maxfli Balata. Currently using the Callaway chrome Soft X LS but once the season starts I'll certainly give these a try. Here's hoping the "good" Maxfli days are back.

If you can get them! Not sold in Europe never mind Eaglesham I'm afraid, might be able to get them on eBay!

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

16 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Just stopped by Golf Galaxy at lunch.  Noticed they had "prior season" Maxfli Tour and Tour X marked at 2 for $45...   But the boxes below the sign were the new versions.  They rang up at 2 for $60, and as a courtesy I let the sales associate know the sign has a different price.  He offered to honor the deal (though would only agree to 2 boxes at that price... I was ready to stock up).  I'll take it.  If I was Alf, or Larry, those two boxes would last me like 5 years! 🙂

I picked those up as well, but online. And at $22/dozen+free ship it was hard to pass up. And they come in yellow! I'm really looking forward to trying this ball out given all the great praise and MGS test results. I worked for DSG from 05-08 and at that time anything that was their house brand was super janky. Glad to see their finally putting something out that is worth it.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, chisag said:

... MGS Ball Testing says Titleist ProV1 sets the standard for quality and performance and I doubt anyone can find any fault with that claim. After playing about 10 rounds with Maxfli Tour balls, I put some ProV1's into play for 5 rounds then went back to Maxfli Tours for another 10. At my level of play, I just can't tell much difference if any at all. The Maxfli Tour is just so good at everything and the only difference I might have seen is the ProV1 is just a little more durable. I bought 2 dozen Maxfli Tours for $60 after MGS gave them such high marks and then went back and took advantage of the 4 dozen for $104 deal. That's 4 dozen Maxfli Tour for the cost of 2 dozen ProV1's so for non tour players that don't get balls for free, if you play 5 times a week and even once a week that is a substantial savings for balls that I can honestly not tell apart. 

If you want to make the deal even better, you can sign up for their text rewards and you’ll get a $20 off $100 reward. I did that and used it to get the box of 4 dozen for $84 plus tax. I was very pleased with myself. 😉

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

• 2 weeks later...

Must just be but I do not get the same stop on my chips with the Tour X as I do with my BXS, I would say driver was longer and the ball does jump off the club but I'm to used to that one bite and stop that 5 more yards isn't that important.

• :callaway-small:Paradym AI Smoke Max Ventus TR Blue 5S
  • :Sub70: 3 & 7W 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 921 JPX Tour 5-W Stiff Nippon 120
  • :taylormade-small: MG4 Raw Grind 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser 2 putter 
  • :titleist-small: Pro V1
  • EZ Go 4 seater

4 hours ago, YourKillingMeSmalls said:

Must just be but I do not get the same stop on my chips with the Tour X as I do with my BXS, I would say driver was longer and the ball does jump off the club but I'm to used to that one bite and stop that 5 more yards isn't that important.

Have you played a Srixon vs the BXS? A 24ct box for $65 dropped today only Z Star and XV, no Diamond. Srix and Golfballs . com emails and the box design (not color) and descriptions say they are '22 models. I'm now leaning also gettin' some Maxflis after this thread though, anybody say Pro or X are updated and properly evolved Revolutions???

1 hour ago, Nihonsei said:

Have you played a Srixon vs the BXS? A 24ct box for $65 dropped today only Z Star and XV, no Diamond. Srix and Golfballs . com emails and the box design (not color) and descriptions say they are '22 models. I'm now leaning also gettin' some Maxflis after this thread though, anybody say Pro or X are updated and properly evolved Revolutions???

I've been trying out the Z-Star "Divide" to experiment with the visual alignment help on putting.  I've found that the alignment (easier to get that sightline for me than other alignment graphics on balls) and the feedback on the roll (so much feedback that is just really easy to see, unlike anything else I've used) to be invaluable for me.  I was doing the Maxfli Tour before that and did find it to be a very good ball, especially considering the price.  I can't say anything conclusively about the performance differences between the two.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie