TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

3 hours ago, Nihonsei said:

Have you played a Srixon vs the BXS? A 24ct box for $65 dropped today only Z Star and XV, no Diamond. Srix and Golfballs . com emails and the box design (not color) and descriptions say they are '22 models. I'm now leaning also gettin' some Maxflis after this thread though, anybody say Pro or X are updated and properly evolved Revolutions???

I have not yet, it’s next on my list though.

• :callaway-small:Paradym AI Smoke Max Ventus TR Blue Velocore 5S
  • :callaway-small: Callaway 4 Wood Stiff
  • :Sub70: 7W 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 921 JPX Tour 4-GW Stiff Nippon 120
  • :taylormade-small: MG4 Raw Grind 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser 2 putter 
  • :titleist-small: Pro V1
  • EZ Go 4 seater
  • image.gif.1ef282d0e92fa71eedc2dd14b1005808.gif

Not sure what's happening with Maxfli Tours and Tour Xs, but the prices have jumped considerably.  I just went to Amazon and searched for Maxfli golf balls.  They seem to be pushing SoftFli, and StraightFli, and U Fli, but Tour had only one hit and  it was for $45/dz.  I could eventually find Tour X but also for $45/dz.

Out of curiosity I checked with PGA Superstores and Golfers Warehouse in the Boston area and they don't even carry Maxfli!  I did find a local Dick's Sporting Goods that purportedly has them in stock now and on sale for 2 boxes at $60.  From what I can see, that's a great deal and the only game in town!

7 minutes ago, burnsie said:

I did find a local Dick's Sporting Goods that purportedly has them in stock now and on sale for 2 boxes at $60.  From what I can see, that's a great deal and the only game in town!

... Golf Galaxy also carries them and both still have the 4 dozen for $104.98 deal. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 minutes ago, burnsie said:

Not sure what's happening with Maxfli Tours and Tour Xs, but the prices have jumped considerably.  I just went to Amazon and searched for Maxfli golf balls.  They seem to be pushing SoftFli, and StraightFli, and U Fli, but Tour had only one hit and  it was for $45/dz.  I could eventually find Tour X but also for $45/dz.

Out of curiosity I checked with PGA Superstores and Golfers Warehouse in the Boston area and they don't even carry Maxfli!  I did find a local Dick's Sporting Goods that purportedly has them in stock now and on sale for 2 boxes at $60.  From what I can see, that's a great deal and the only game in town!

Maxfli is the house brand for Dick's Sporting Goods/Golf Galaxy. They are only sold at those two stores.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, chisag said:

... Golf Galaxy also carries them and both still have the 4 dozen for $104.98 deal. 

Wow!  I'm throwing this out... best ball for that price period (even if that does not include shipping).

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow!  I'm throwing this out... best ball for that price period (even if that does not include shipping).

Definitely the best ball for the money.  I think it was the week before Christmas that there was a special MGS code that stacked with a rewards voucher I had and I scored 6 dozen for $95 shipped to my door.  The most insane deal ever and I've got my balls for all of this season and hopefully a little longer.

19 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Definitely the best ball for the money.  I think it was the week before Christmas that there was a special MGS code that stacked with a rewards voucher I had and I scored 6 dozen for $95 shipped to my door.  The most insane deal ever and I've got my balls for all of this season and hopefully a little longer.

Yes, I picked up a couple dozen on that 40% off deal as well.  Hopefully we'll see that again this year 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 3/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, chisag said:

I bit on that deal (effectively 25% off), so I have enough balls to last me a LONG time. [4 doz Maxfli Tour & 2 doz Pro V1]

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 3/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, burnsie said:

As stated, Maxfli is now a house brand of Dicks/Golf Galaxy so buying them from Amazon or Ebay is from a third party trying to turn a profit after buying them at retail. Similar to what happens with the clubs & balls sold by Costco. But there was an updated version in 2021 so the 2-fer deal went up from 2 for $55 to 2 for $60.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 1 month later...

I’ve made the switch from Titelist AVX to Maxfli Tour. I’ve been switching between them,  testing for several rounds. The Maxfli is the clear winner for me based on both performance and price. I bought four dozen at Dick’s for $105. Durability is good. I can use one for a couple of rounds (barring shots into the water on 18 like my last two rounds). Distance is excellent. Feel has never been an issue for me, and I have no issue with the Maxfli Tour. It’s not a high spinner, but it sits, speaks, and rolls over well enough. I’m recommending them to the guys in our Tuesday club. Minor issue- the alignment marking looks like a range ball stripe. However, I am using the alignment marks on the tee and my shots seem to be straighter.

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

I switched to the Maxfli Tour X after trying them based on the 40% off DGS offered to MGS members during the Christmas holiday season. With the prices you can get the Maxfli Tour series at DGS or Golf Galaxy and the performance for me matching that of the Snell MTB X, it was a no brainer to switch since it cheaper than what I can get Snell for after shipping is added.

7 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Minor issue- the alignment marking looks like a range ball stripe. However, I am using the alignment marks on the tee and my shots seem to be straighter.

I’ve made the switch (from Snell MTBB) too, and I agree the alignment marks are not as discrete as I’d like, but minor as you say.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

After reading all the post and positive remarks about the Maxfli Tour golf ball, I purchased a dozen earlier this week. For the past several years, I have played Pro V or TP5 golf balls. I will admit that I was surprised and impressed with the Maxfli golf balls. Hopefully, Dick's will hold their price point. The big boy's will need to take notice.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'd love to see MGS do a side by side testing of 3 & 4 piece tour balls produced by Foremost to see how similar their performance, quality, & construction are.

I won a Ballnamic ball fitting (via Twitter) and used the Maxfli Tour as my gamer ball/point of comparison. Really interesting to see how it stacks up! I did a couple of different fits (you can do up to 5) and the Tour is definitely a contender, coming in at a nearly 90% match for my game. (In two different versions that I filled out, it gave me the same four as beating out the Maxfli: AVX, Left Dash, Tour BX, and Tour BRX.) Dollar-for-dollar, the Maxfli wins, hands-down.

https://ballfitting.com/results/9b9ac0c3-9e58-4884-9f23-ed9fc9e4eaa6

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

8 hours ago, FightingScot82 said:

I'd love to see MGS do a side by side testing of 3 & 4 piece tour balls produced by Foremost to see how similar their performance, quality, & construction are.

They did this with their ball lab. It's not just the MaxFli and Foremost balls, it's a ton of other balls as well. Here's a link.

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-balls-2021/

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Was in Dick's this week and saw the 4 dozen box on sale for like $105... So tempted but I think the wife will be a little annoyed if I have 12 dozen or so balls in the basement. After the Ball Labs review I really want to try the 2022Tour X

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

On 5/3/2022 at 9:43 PM, PeterHenric said:

They did this with their ball lab. It's not just the MaxFli and Foremost balls, it's a ton of other balls as well. Here's a link.

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-balls-2021/

You're right. I guess I'd just have to research which balls are made by Foremost for my own comparison.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, jayjay0808 said:

Was in Dick's this week and saw the 4 dozen box on sale for like $105... So tempted but I think the wife will be a little annoyed if I have 12 dozen or so balls in the basement. After the Ball Labs review I really want to try the 2022Tour X

They are always that price (or have been for over a year). You might even be able to get $20 off if you look around the store for a $20 off $100 signup text sign (they are usually on several clothing racks). Not 100% sure it works for these (it doesn't on line, but I have had that coupon rejected online but work in store for the same item), but you can give it a shot. The real deal is when MGS had a 40% off deal for them last Nov or so. Still kicking myself for not trying them then.

Edited by jared52

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

They are always that price (or have been for over a year). You might even be able to get $20 off if you look around the store for a $20 off $100 signup text sign (they are usually on several clothing racks). Not 100% sure it works for these (it doesn't on line, but I have had that coupon rejected online but work in store for the same item), but you can give it a shot. The real deal is when MGS had a 40% off deal for them last Nov or so. Still kicking myself for not trying them then.

I know... that 40% was such a ridiculous deal. I think I am right in line behind you kicking myself.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

I've bought in to the Maxfli Tour as my ball of choice.  I've played two rounds with them and feel very confident with my choice.  Good distance, control and workability, not to mention the price $60 for two dozen personalized balls.  Here's hoping they don't get discontinued, or get a big head and price themselves out of my range;)

Any combination of Titleist 905 9.5 degree, PXG 0811X 9 degree, Titleist 904 @ 15 degrees, Maltby KE4 14 degree, Titleist 913 @ 19,  Maltby KE4 Tour FDE 19 degree driving iron, Upswing 7 wood 21 degree, Titliest 670 2-PW, Cleveland 52, Callaway 58, Maltby DBM Forged 4-GW, Maltby TSW forged 54, 58, Vokey 52, 56, 58, 60 Ping Anser 2 (1990), Scotty Bullseye, Wilson Bucktown, Odyssey Rossi White Hot, Odyssey Versa; Currently playing Titleist: Drive, 3 wood, 2 - pw, Cleveland RTX 588 52, Callaway Mack Daddy 58, ping answer 2 Kirkland Signature (2023);

I just got back from Dicks. Sadly, they know me all too well there and I’m guilty of using their fitting bay for practice. Noticed that they’re fitting people with the Maxfli Tour. Which I guess is smart if you want to sell more of your balls, but both balls in the bay were cracked. I mean they were seriously destroyed. I mentioned it to the Dicks crew and they said “ya, it’s horrible but Dicks won’t let us get new balls.” Seriously?! Not only would I be using fresh balls for fittings, I’d give a two-ball sampler sleeve of the Maxfli Tour and X to everyone who made a golf purchase. They’re missing a serious chance to market their product.

On a separate visit a few months ago, a customer asked the associate about the Maxfli balls and if they were any “good.” The associate shrugged and said “never heard of them.” Shut the front door. How do you work in the Dicks golf section and not know about your own golf balls. Dicks corporate needs to get their act together if they want Maxfli to sell better.

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 9*, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 60
:ping-small: G425 Max 5W, Accra FX 2.0 150 M4 shaft
:ping-small: G425 Max 3H, 4H
:mizuno-small: JPX921 Hot Metal 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i70
:vokey-small: SM8 56*, 60*
:EVNROLL: ER2V, +1* loft
:titleist-small: PRO V1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:33 AM, jared52 said:

I went today and picked up a 4 dozen pack of the Tour X. I had signed up using my wife's phone number and the code didn't want to work in store. They were very nice and did the override so I still got the discount. 

20 hours ago, bogeymonsters said:

I just got back from Dicks. Sadly, they know me all too well there and I’m guilty of using their fitting bay for practice. Noticed that they’re fitting people with the Maxfli Tour. Which I guess is smart if you want to sell more of your balls, but both balls in the bay were cracked. I mean they were seriously destroyed. I mentioned it to the Dicks crew and they said “ya, it’s horrible but Dicks won’t let us get new balls.” Seriously?! Not only would I be using fresh balls for fittings, I’d give a two-ball sampler sleeve of the Maxfli Tour and X to everyone who made a golf purchase. They’re missing a serious chance to market their product.

On a separate visit a few months ago, a customer asked the associate about the Maxfli balls and if they were any “good.” The associate shrugged and said “never heard of them.” Shut the front door. How do you work in the Dicks golf section and not know about your own golf balls. Dicks corporate needs to get their act together if they want Maxfli to sell better.

So I went to Golf Galaxy yesterday and got fit for some new Stealth irons. I brought my own Tour CG ball for the fitting and the guy commented that they are "hard" balls. I didn't agree with him but didn't feel like debating with him. Looking at the Ball lab, the X is definitely a harder ball than the regular tour. Maybe that's what he was referring to? There were a couple existing Tour CG balls in there that were beat to crap. Had actual cuts on them as well as just a ton of wear and tear. You would think they would try to keep a decent ball in there to try and sell people on them.

When I was checking out, I asked the cashier if I would get some free balls or something for spending a small fortune on my new irons and she told me they have a 2 ball sample pack she would give me. Then I forgot to take her up on that once I was actually done making my purchase. I would guess that they are giving away one each of the Tour and Tour X balls? Like you said, that would make for good business. Shame on me for forgetting to remind her that I wanted the balls.

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

21 hours ago, bogeymonsters said:

I think this is a prime example of the difference between a big box all sports store vs a specialized golf store. If I was working in a golf shop that had access to the Maxfli balls at the price Dick's sells them at I would be pitching them left right and center.

In my bag:

2 hours ago, jayjay0808 said:

I think this is a prime example of the difference between a big box all sports store vs a specialized golf store. If I was working in a golf shop that had access to the Maxfli balls at the price Dick's sells them at I would be pitching them left right and center.

I like the Maxfli golf ball, but not a fan of Dick's customer service. I think they just put whomever they can find in the golf dept.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

47 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I like the Maxfli golf ball, but not a fan of Dick's customer service. I think they just put whomever they can find in the golf dept.

A.ways hit or miss with DSG. Sometimes you get someone knowledgeable and sometimes they just stick someone over there that was selling fishing rods yesterday.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

A.ways hit or miss with DSG. Sometimes you get someone knowledgeable and sometimes they just stick someone over there that was selling fishing rods yesterday.

Bingo... and we all know how translatable fishing is to golf 🙄

In my bag: