TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

Back in the early 2000s, I played Maxfli all the time because that's what my boy Freddie played.  The Revolutions were my favorite ball ever.

Now, I'm playing budget balls like the Srixon Soft Feel and Bridgestone E12 until I stop losing so many, but with all the good reviews, I might go back to my favorite Maxflis (obviously not revolution 🙂 )

:callaway-small: BB Epic 10.5 turned down to 9.5. Stiff - Driver

:755178188_TourEdge: 3W - Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge: EX-9 3 & 5 hybrids, stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth irons, 5-PW, AW, Dynamic Gold Stiff

:vokey-small:SM6 56-degree SW, and 60-degree wedge

:ping-small: Zing Putter w/Winn NTP midsize grip

:taylormade-small: Tour Soft

Wish list - Sub70 699 pro irons, Titleist TSI 3 driver

A couple of years ago, Dicks had a sale on the Maxfli Tour Hi Vis Matte Green balls. Just after my divorce and I was getting reacquainted with golf so I spent way more money on equipment than I should have. I've had 6 dozen of these balls on a shelf in my basement along with about 30 dozen other balls I found on sale (all higher quality). Anyways, I decided I wouldn't buy any new balls until the old ones were used. I play in 3 leagues and various local charity tournaments so this spring, I dumped all of last years ball out of my bag and put two dozen of the Maxfli's in and I have been extremely happy with them. They fly straight, very good distance, and the stopping power on greens is way above average. Now these are 2019 model so I can't speak for the newest ones but I would highly recommend them. The only downfall is the matte cover. I'm not a big fan of any matte ball as they seem to hold dirt and harder to clean but I'll play these until they are gone. I lose on average 1-2 a round so it won't be that long. Just thought I'd throw in my experience with them and based on the 2019 model, I would definitely recommend!!! 

Golf Maxfli Tour balls.jpg

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

10 hours ago, wwaldo said:

A couple of years ago, Dicks had a sale on the Maxfli Tour Hi Vis Matte Green balls. Just after my divorce and I was getting reacquainted with golf so I spent way more money on equipment than I should have. I've had 6 dozen of these balls on a shelf in my basement along with about 30 dozen other balls I found on sale (all higher quality). Anyways, I decided I wouldn't buy any new balls until the old ones were used. I play in 3 leagues and various local charity tournaments so this spring, I dumped all of last years ball out of my bag and put two dozen of the Maxfli's in and I have been extremely happy with them. They fly straight, very good distance, and the stopping power on greens is way above average. Now these are 2019 model so I can't speak for the newest ones but I would highly recommend them. The only downfall is the matte cover. I'm not a big fan of any matte ball as they seem to hold dirt and harder to clean but I'll play these until they are gone. I lose on average 1-2 a round so it won't be that long. Just thought I'd throw in my experience with them and based on the 2019 model, I would definitely recommend!!! 

I'll be honest, beyond the aesthetic, I'm not sure what the point is for matte finish. But you can't play them when its wet. I more often play in the morning so matte is out for me.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

On 2/10/2022 at 3:17 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I came to the same conclusion when I was doing the testing on these. Seemed that more of the testers preferred the "X" but I prefered the regular tour. I switched over as well and even picked up a dozen in yellow for contrast against the dormant tan colored fairways.

Not reading the whole thread, but I also picked up two dz during the deal to have them for my Scotland trip. Didn’t lose as many balls there as I anticipated (my hndcp actually went down 😂) so just pulled the first sleeve over the weekend playing in N MI. Very pleased with the 12 or so holes I played with the Tour model. I’ll be playing these throughout the Summer, and then we’ll decide if it’s these or sticking with Bridgestone TourB RX. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 6/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, Violinguy said:

Back in the early 2000s, I played Maxfli all the time because that's what my boy Freddie played.  The Revolutions were my favorite ball ever.

Now, I'm playing budget balls like the Srixon Soft Feel and Bridgestone E12 until I stop losing so many, but with all the good reviews, I might go back to my favorite Maxflis (obviously not revolution 🙂 )

Man… trip down memory lane. I loved those Revolutions (and Freddy) as well. I still have a “Maxfli” towel around here somewhere. May have to dig that bad boy out. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 6/20/2022 at 9:29 PM, wwaldo said:

Sure, but missing from this story is what kinda whiskey you got there... Inquiring minds want to know! Does it help with golf ball performance???

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

• 3 weeks later...

Current stash of my everyday ball and my special occasion ball. Pro V1’s are still the best, but not twice as good by any means (as price might suggest).

70F18F9A-421D-4DF5-8479-2799EC6C431D.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I think I'll get a cube next time I need to get some.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 minutes ago, jakemuffins said:

My only problem with the maxfli tour is they don’t do cubes of yellow

... If you talked to a store manager and said you wanted four dozen yellow Maxfli Tours but can't find them in the cube, I think there is a pretty good chance they would sell you 4 dozen for the cube price. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... If you talked to a store manager and said you wanted four dozen yellow Maxfli Tours but can't find them in the cube, I think there is a pretty good chance they would sell you 4 dozen for the cube price. 

The Dick's near me doesn't even carry the cubes. For that I'd have to make a very inconvenient trip to Golf Galaxy. The bit of extra savings isn't worth it.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

2 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

The Dick's near me doesn't even carry the cubes. For that I'd have to make a very inconvenient trip to Golf Galaxy. The bit of extra savings isn't worth it.

Dick's does free shipping for online orders over $65 so a cube would be covered if you want to go that route.

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

47 minutes ago, PBH3 said:

Dick's does free shipping for online orders over $65 so a cube would be covered if you want to go that route.

I realize that, but the yellow is not available in cubes (at least not when I looked). Since the store is literally at the corner where I turn into my neighborhood, it's simply easiest to stop in as needed. Plus, whenever I have stocked up heavily on balls, I have always wanted to change before they're gone.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

3 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

... Dicks and GG are basically the same store, just different locations. If you had the desire, you could certainly tell the Dicks mgr that GG doesn't have the yellow cubes (they don't) and see if he would sell you 4 dozen yellow MT's for the cube price. Since they only sell golf equipment/supplies I have found the mgr's at GG bend over backwards for any reasonable request while Dicks, that sells everything sporting is more dependent on the mgr. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, Middler said:

Current stash of my everyday ball and my special occasion ball. Pro V1’s are still the best, but not twice as good by any means (as price might suggest).

70F18F9A-421D-4DF5-8479-2799EC6C431D.jpeg

I thought I was looking at a shelf in your refrigerator, and that made me REALLY happy. Oh well. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

On 2/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, Blueberry_Squishie said:

I remember back in my junior days where being able to buy a Maxfli Revolution was the ultimate. You'd use two of your ball prizes to get your hands on one "Revo". I loved those things despite them turning light brown by the second hole.

If the new Maxfli balls were readily available here, I'd definitely give them a shot. The recent forum testing showed they were very good too.

135a_lg.jpeg

The Revolution was the absolute Bomb in the late 90s!!!!!!  Prior to the Pro V....the Revo ruled the roost.

Driver - Sub 70 849D - Fujikura Pro 62 Tour Spec

4 Wood - Sub 70 949X - Sub 70 Project X

7 Wood - Sub 70 949X - Sub 70 Project X

5 iron - Sub 70 699 Pro U V2 23*

6-AW - Sub 70 699 Pro V2

SW - Sub 70 TAIII 2023 Limited Edition Forged 54*

LW - Sub 70 TAIII 2023 Limited  Forged 58*

Putter - PXG Bat Attack

On 2/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, Blueberry_Squishie said:

I remember back in my junior days where being able to buy a Maxfli Revolution was the ultimate. You'd use two of your ball prizes to get your hands on one "Revo". I loved those things despite them turning light brown by the second hole.

If the new Maxfli balls were readily available here, I'd definitely give them a shot. The recent forum testing showed they were very good too.

135a_lg.jpeg

... I was playing the Maxfli HT-100 and the Revolution was such a game changer. 

On 7/16/2022 at 8:54 PM, chisag said:

... I was playing the Maxfli HT-100 and the Revolution was such a game changer. 

I loved the HT--100 in balata. Now days in the vintage rounds I play the old Elite 90s some and the DDH. Both go good off of persimmon. My Holy grail modern Pro V were the 392 models. Still have 2 dozen new in the box and quite a few used ones. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

28 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Quick question for y’all do you guys get color leakage through the outer layer? I hit a few shots and mine turned blue. Is this because mine is a different model? Haven’t played anything Maxfli in a long time

Not at all! are you sure the course you played didn't use any of that blue green liquid fertilizer on the fairways or greens? This will stain the ball blue but it washes off.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

19 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Not at all! are you sure the course you played didn't use any of that blue green liquid fertilizer on the fairways or greens? This will stain the ball blue but it washes off.  

Tried washing no change. I do not know about the fertilizer 

5 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Tried washing no change. I do not know about the fertilizer 

Maxfli Tour and Tour X Golf Balls

Doesn't look like the core color can bleed through. Must have been the fertilizer.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

28 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Maxfli Tour and Tour X Golf Balls

Doesn't look like the core color can bleed through. Must have been the fertilizer.  

I’m liking the performance so far either way I’m not complaining about it the color doesn’t bother me it’s just different and it happened quickly so I’ll take your word for it 

image.jpg

59 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I’m liking the performance so far either way I’m not complaining about it the color doesn’t bother me it’s just different and it happened quickly so I’ll take your word for it 

image.jpg

... Yup, like Tom said that's the fertilizer. 

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Never saw it before and it was day 1 using the Maxfli so I had to ask. Thanks for the responses

The red alignment lines on the side stamp indicates it is the Matte ball I believe.  So it would be more prone to staining in my experience than the gloss ball.

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1