TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

1 minute ago, Yellow Ball said:

The stain wouldn't show as much if you were using the correct color ball! But that's just my opinion (which is always right).

Yea but the white balls stay away from water unlike yellow ones, I mean I do aim for water when I have a yellow ball though 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yup, like Tom said that's the fertilizer. 

Yep. If you can't get it off with soap and water, a Magic Eraser will take it off...most of us have had fertilizer dye to deal with from time to time. The ball is definitely not bleeding...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 7/13/2022 at 9:42 PM, jakemuffins said:

My only problem with the maxfli tour is they don’t do cubes of yellow

My issue as well.  And the new Oncore Elixr isn't available in yellow, etc., etc., etc.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

1 minute ago, Bobbers said:

My issue as well.  And the new Oncore Elixr isn't available in yellow, etc., etc., etc.

... Nobody wants to see Yellow or Green balls together on the course. But much worse is balls that are both Yellow and Green! (and being a Chicago Bears fan has nothing to do with my opinion 🤪)

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Just now, chisag said:

... Nobody wants to see Yellow or Green balls together on the course. But much worse is balls that are both Yellow and Green! (and being a Chicago Bears fan has nothing to do with my opinion 🤪)

Of course it doesn't...heh heh

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

I agree with most of the comments!  I’ve been playing golf for well over 50 years and remain mid single digit. I have in my golf ball storage mayflies tour-x and prov1x and I find myself grabbing a sleeve of Maxfli first. Maybe slightly more bouncy on greens but I love the feel and flight!

WITB:

Snell or Prov1 balls

Callaway driver

Tour Edge Exotics Irons/hybrids

Scotty Cameron putter

34 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

Of course it doesn't...heh heh

... I played with a couple last winter with Packers golf bags and each had a yellow and a green ball. I told them they were illegal balls when in a 1 foot proximity to each other and the Lady smiled and said she could switch to her white golf balls and pulled one out of her bag ... that had a huge Packers logo on it.  Hoisted with my own petard! 🤣

Playing the Maxfli Tour (Gloss White ONLY!) for 8 rounds now.  Could not be happier with everything about the ball.  I also use the CG for placement on the tee, and don't use it as an alignment aid but make sure it's on the line I am putting.  I tried a sleeve of the Tour X but think the Tour is best for my game.  I find I am getting much improved distance over the Bridgestone RXS and Contacts, as well as the Callaway Chrome Soft and Supersoft, and also Pro V-1s (although the Pro Vs are a bit older but new out of the box).  Just a really good ball - I won't be switching any time soon. 

Which ball you play has very little impact on your score unless you’re scratch, and probably not even then. I’ve been a single digit handicapper most of my adult life (currently 6.7 index, up from 3.5), and I play whatever I find in the bushes or the creek. I especially like Top Flites because my playing companions are so outraged by them. The only exception is a ball that is obviously damaged. Mower cuts, bubbles on the surface. I won’t play those more than one round.

Not afraid to play hickory, vintage Hogans, or Top-Flites.

Just bought 4 dozen. I've been left dash guy for a couple years but bought a dozen TOUR and TOURX to try.  TOUR feels better and I get the same playability for $2.20 per ball as the $5.00 ball and don't have a heart attack when I hit it in the lake.  HEY! I'm not a pro.

Been golfing 63 years.  Consider myself better than average. Play 54 - 72 holes a week in season. 

I grabbed 4 doz around Christmas 2021 (2 Tour, 2 X). Played the X last week. I play to a 9.3 and to be honest I saw no difference between the MaxFli and a ProV1/X and even my usual ball, Srixon Z Star XV. I’m playing the MaxFli again tomorrow. I’ve come to the realization that at my level although I prefer a “premium” ball, I can go out and play a Kirkland 4 piece, a Titleist, Srixon….and I get the same playability. Am I hitting wedges into greens and pulling them back on a string? Sometimes, but certainly not on demand. Do I notice a higher trajectory from certain balls? No clue. Personally I think the guys that are ball snobs are more caught up in the brand name and what the brand tells them what the ball is designed to do rather than what they can actually do with the ball. I say this because I was also a ball snob but I’m seeing a big variety of alternatives to a ProV1/X that provide the same/similar performance at a considerably lower price. Just my opinion……

Titleist TSi3 driver, 9.5 Tensei AV Raw White Stiff

Titleist TSi2 3 wood Tensei AV Raw White Stiff

Mizuno 2018 CLK 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-7 iron, MMC 8-PW

Mizuno T-20 50 deg gap wedge

Callaway Jaws 54 and 58 deg wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab One putter

3 hours ago, Gullbyrd said:

Which ball you play has very little impact on your score unless you’re scratch, and probably not even then. I’ve been a single digit handicapper most of my adult life (currently 6.7 index, up from 3.5), and I play whatever I find in the bushes or the creek. I especially like Top Flites because my playing companions are so outraged by them. The only exception is a ball that is obviously damaged. Mower cuts, bubbles on the surface. I won’t play those more than one round.

You'd probably be a scratch player if you stuck with one good golf ball. Buy a dozen and see what happens.

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

3 minutes ago, Slap said:

You'd probably be a scratch player if you stuck with one good golf ball. Buy a dozen and see what happens.

... One of my old playing pards refused to believe golf balls made any difference in his scoring. He played to about a 10 but was short off the tee but had a very good short game and played balls he found because he wasn't frugal, he was self admittedly cheap LOL. "Why should I pay for balls when I find plenty of them on the course?" The problem of course was one chip/pitch rolled out 10 feet and another only 4 feet. I tried to tell him those 6 feet and full shots rolling or stopping are the difference between a 5 and a 10 index for him and he said even if that were so, it wasn't worth actually paying for balls when you can get them free. 

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of my old playing pards refused to believe golf balls made any difference in his scoring. He played to about a 10 but was short off the tee but had a very good short game and played balls he found because he wasn't frugal, he was self admittedly cheap LOL. "Why should I pay for balls when I find plenty of them on the course?" The problem of course was one chip/pitch rolled out 10 feet and another only 4 feet. I tried to tell him those 6 feet and full shots rolling or stopping are the difference between a 5 and a 10 index for him and he said even if that were so, it wasn't worth actually paying for balls when you can get them free. 

Haha! He must not gamble on the course either. 

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

1 minute ago, Slap said:

Haha! He must not gamble on the course either. 

... You know him? 🤣  He would not bet a penny he found on the floor for the entire round. 

After reading the MGS review, I bought two dozen of the Maxfli Tour CG balls.  Loved them, I only wish they'd offer the 4-dozen for $104 with the yellow balls.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

10 hours ago, Peejer said:

After reading the MGS review, I bought two dozen of the Maxfli Tour CG balls.  Loved them, I only wish they'd offer the 4-dozen for $104 with the yellow balls.

I see in your signature that you play the Snell MTB-X. That was my go-to ball ever since it came out and after testing the Maxfli Tour X for MGS I made the switch. I got incredible results with it, almost identical to the Snell, and it was easier to buy. At the time Snell was having inventory issues so it was nice being able to walk in Dick's and get these.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

I went down a similar path and even did my own testing.  I was a regular Pro v-1 player who was dabbling with checking out the AVX so I hit a bunch of balls on a launch monitor.  I hit 75-yd wedge shots, full 7-ions, and full drivers, recording launch angle, spin rate, and total carry on my ten best swings with each club and with each ball:  Pro v1, AVX, and the Maxfli TourX.

AVX was a clear loser - in terms of iron spin and driver carry distance, but the Prov V1 and Maxfli were indistinguishable.  Since then, I've switched back and forth between Pro V1 and Maxfli tourX and cannot tell a difference in all kinds of wind and turf conditions.  I was worried that maybe heavy winds would impact its performance, but it really hasn't. I do think there is a slight difference in how they come off the putter, but I am not good enough to really blame that for my putting.

I've now been playing the Maxfli almost exclusively and will completely stick with it once my last sleeve of ProV1s is gone.  

image.png.e1deea1c4c3f4b9896f9d14f81e7a4e7.png TS2 8.5 driver

image.png.93b75925490f7a0eb5b400f474d8df4e.png XR Fwy 4wd

image.png.7b10aa274daf923f1627ae25fa277109.png Hybrids 3i, 4i

image.png.ec21a99109a9b6ec7da534bb04e53057.png Irons 4-PW

image.png.b0e8ffea281016fe33e729f05a9a3865.pngWedges 52, 58

image.png.7288864ba335873cacc3836b6773c75d.png White Hot #5

image.png

16 hours ago, Gullbyrd said:

You will only play a ball that is bubbled or has mower cuts for one round?  You must be one hell of a golfer.  Do you play to the degree of bubbling or smile in the ball?  Like you adjust for an extra 10 yards of curve on a 5 iron with a mild to serious mower cut but only 5 yards for a minor cut?  Well done.

I'm still torn as to which model to go with. I've probably looked at every review, written and video I can find, and many say the "Tour X" is the longer of the two. However, if I look at the MGS data from the ball test, the "Tour", non-X, is the clear winner at the mid swing speed and the "X" is only very slightly longer as the slow swing speed. I have no idea what my swing speed is, but it definitely is faster than 85 but slower than 100.

For what it is worth, I've been playing a mix of Snell MTB Black and Vice Pro Plus, the Vice being the longer of the two. I use Shot Scope for data tracking and for the year the data shows my total distance on well struck drivers is 230 yards (their "P-AVG" which supposedly eliminates outliers good and bad), with about 210 yards being my average of all drives, good, bad and indifferent.

I wish Dick's sold sleeves of balls, as I'm hesitant to buy a dozen of each at this point. So, I'd be curious what others think the better choice for me might be. I'm turning 75 soon if that might factor into it. 🙂

Thanks!

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

25 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

I'm still torn as to which model to go with. I've probably looked at every review, written and video I can find, and many say the "Tour X" is the longer of the two. However, if I look at the MGS data from the ball test, the "Tour", non-X, is the clear winner at the mid swing speed and the "X" is only very slightly longer as the slow swing speed. I have no idea what my swing speed is, but it definitely is faster than 85 but slower than 100.

For what it is worth, I've been playing a mix of Snell MTB Black and Vice Pro Plus, the Vice being the longer of the two. I use Shot Scope for data tracking and for the year the data shows my total distance on well struck drivers is 230 yards (their "P-AVG" which supposedly eliminates outliers good and bad), with about 210 yards being my average of all drives, good, bad and indifferent.

I wish Dick's sold sleeves of balls, as I'm hesitant to buy a dozen of each at this point. So, I'd be curious what others think the better choice for me might be. I'm turning 75 soon if that might factor into it. 🙂

Thanks!

Have you tried either? I'm sure a buddy at your local course or maybe even a fellow spy could give you a few to try out. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Have you tried either? I'm sure a buddy at your local course or maybe even a fellow spy could give you a few to try out. 

That is how I got turned on to the Vice Pro Plus, my golfing partners frequently found many on the course and gave me some to try, but not one Maxfli Tour, X or otherwise, have we found.  I'd like to try both, but not at a cost of $60+ to do so. That's why I said I wished Dick's sold sleeves of balls.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

That is how I got turned on to the Vice Pro Plus, my golfing partners frequently found many on the course and gave me some to try, but not one Maxfli Tour, X or otherwise, have we found.  I'd like to try both, but not at a cost of $60+ to do so. That's why I said I wished Dick's sold sleeves of balls.

... Well, I will say this. If you bought 1 dozen Tour and 1 dozen Tour X for $60 I can't imagine you wouldn't think it was well worth the $. Of course neither may become your favorite ball but there is a very good chance you will at a minimum enjoy their performance and not feel like you wasted $60.  

I've been playing my way through my stash of MTB-Black (confusingly, in yellow 😉 ), and have been very happy with them, but it's hard to ignore the Maxfli options, especially at the 4-for-104 deal.

Question: is there an easy place to go to compare against my current gamer? Like, is the Tour-X a better fit than the Tour, compared to the MTB-Black?  My assumption would be the Tour, both because of the softer feel (preferred) and my driver swing-speed (101-ish).  However, we all know what happens when you assume (you lose ball after ball in the lake, right?) 🙂 

Thoughts?  This is a hell of a deal, and it'll put me in great balls for the next...year? Close to, anyway.

Thanks all.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

6 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

is the Tour-X a better fit than the Tour, compared to the MTB-Black?  My assumption would be the Tour, both because of the softer feel (preferred) and my driver swing-speed (101-ish). 

... I am a little slower than you at around 95-98 but having played the MTB Black I found the Maxfli Tour to be a very similar ball in all aspects. 

Just now, chisag said:

... I am a little slower than you at around 95-98 but having played the MTB Black I found the Maxfli Tour to be a very similar ball in all aspects. 

Perfect. That was my assumption.  Any issue with greenside spin?  I didn't realize how much of a difference that made when moving from "found/cheap" balls to "good" balls, and I'd hate to go backwards (pun intended).  🙂

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track