TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

4 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Perfect. That was my assumption.  Any issue with greenside spin?  I didn't realize how much of a difference that made when moving from "found/cheap" balls to "good" balls, and I'd hate to go backwards (pun intended).  🙂

... Nice! 😉  Quite a few have mentioned the Maxfli Tour balls are so similar to the ProV1/Z Star/TP5 that most can't tell any difference and that would include green side performance. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

20 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am a little slower than you at around 95-98 but having played the MTB Black I found the Maxfli Tour to be a very similar ball in all aspects. 

Hmmm. So you don't find it any longer than the Snell MTB Black? I was hoping it was longer, as I have found the Snell to be somewhat shorter than other balls I tend to play, such as Vice Pro Plus and Callaway ERC Soft (I know, two totally different balls, but they work for me).

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

4 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Hmmm. So you don't find it any longer than the Snell MTB Black? I was hoping it was longer, as I have found the Snell to be somewhat shorter than other balls I tend to play, such as Vice Pro Plus and Callaway ERC Soft (I know, two totally different balls, but they work for me).

... To be fair I did not play them side by side and the Maxfli certainly may be a hair longer but not an obvious difference for me. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 7/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, PhilM75072 said:

I'm still torn as to which model to go with. I've probably looked at every review, written and video I can find, and many say the "Tour X" is the longer of the two. However, if I look at the MGS data from the ball test, the "Tour", non-X, is the clear winner at the mid swing speed and the "X" is only very slightly longer as the slow swing speed. I have no idea what my swing speed is, but it definitely is faster than 85 but slower than 100.

For what it is worth, I've been playing a mix of Snell MTB Black and Vice Pro Plus, the Vice being the longer of the two. I use Shot Scope for data tracking and for the year the data shows my total distance on well struck drivers is 230 yards (their "P-AVG" which supposedly eliminates outliers good and bad), with about 210 yards being my average of all drives, good, bad and indifferent.

I wish Dick's sold sleeves of balls, as I'm hesitant to buy a dozen of each at this point. So, I'd be curious what others think the better choice for me might be. I'm turning 75 soon if that might factor into it. 🙂

Thanks!

In my testing, the Tour was indistinguishable from the standard ProV1 and the Tour X was similar (though not quite as similar) to the ProV1x. Titleist says they fit a LARGE number of amateurs into their X ball because am's need the launch and spin, which would align with so many Spies saying they're getting more out of the X.

For my game, more spin is bad. I have plenty. I tried the X and it was definitely shorter through the bag. Noticeably higher flight though, but just in the same way that the ProV1x and I aren't really friends, the Maxfli Tour handily defeated the X.

FWIW, Dick's will let you do the 'two dozen for $60' deal with a dozen of each and then whichever doesn't suit you, at least you have some really nice (and relatively cheap!) range balls 😄

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

The Maxfli is longer off the tee for me.  The highest compliment you can give this ball is the only ball that rivals the Maxfli Tour is the Pro V/X.  Hands down the best ball out there and the price makes it a no brainer.  The only thing, and this is such a minor thing, is I do enjoy the off white color of a Pro-V.  Been playing the Maxfli Tour X for almost three seasons now, I am a devotee.  If you can justify spending an additional $23 per box for that off white cover of the Pro V then you are a madman. 

Plus, nobody at my course plays Maxfli and it is hella funny when a playing partner is helping to find/identify a ball and they say, 'Maxfli' and you get that surge of pride in hitting a ball way down the fairway and that spins on the greens knowing those golf snobs playing TP5, Callaway, Pro V are quietly thinking, 'Wow, that ball performs'.

4 hours ago, bobsarobot said:

The only thing, and this is such a minor thing, is I do enjoy the off white color of a Pro-V.

Matte finish may not be your jam but the matte vs gloss appears to not be so bright and even a slight shade of off white if you squint your eyes just right😜. not really. There is definitely a notable difference between gloss and matte. I enjoy using both and due to my lower spin drive, this ball just flies! 

I reviewed the matte tour a while back and it's surprisingly easy to keep clean, as durable as anything, and performs just like the gloss. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 7/20/2022 at 4:50 PM, chisag said:

... I played with a couple last winter with Packers golf bags and each had a yellow and a green ball. I told them they were illegal balls when in a 1 foot proximity to each other and the Lady smiled and said she could switch to her white golf balls and pulled one out of her bag ... that had a huge Packers logo on it.  Hoisted with my own petard! 🤣

Packer fans are everywhere.  And we come prepared for any emergency...including on the golf course.  While you Bears fans are sleeping we're awake...and studying...and preparing.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

I have a couple dozen of the yellow Tour version heading my way.  I'll let ya'll know how these puppies bark for an ole coot...

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Let me start off by saying I play to a 3.1 hdcp.  After seeing the Maxfli review, I purchased 2 dozen of the Maxfli Tour X.  After playing it, as well as the ProV1 and Z-Star, the only difference I could determine, for me, is that the PV1 feels a tiny bit softer and the Z-Star a bit firmer. 

The Tour X spin into and around the green is far better than the Z-Star and is very close to the PV1. I also find the Tour X as durable as the PV1, but not as strong as the Z-Star.

I am very surprised with the solid performance of the Tour X.  For the foreseeable future it is my new ball.

Edited by BackNine29
Grammar

Many thanks,

BackNine29

For me I already have a high launch and trajectory with my swing. So the Tour X was around 8-10 Yds shorter off the driver compared to ChromeSoft X and XLS for me. The Tour X played almost exactly the same as Snell MTB X (which is also shorter for me vs CA X/LS off the tee). But I loved the feel of the Tour X off the irons better than any ball so far. So I just went and picked up 2 doz of the regular Tours to put in play this weekend and see if and really hope that the launch and spin is a better fit. According to the MGS ball test the regular Tours should perform very similar to the CS XLS. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

As a long time PGA Member who was a staff member and certified fitter and designer to many of the major manufacturers I can enthusiastically endorse the Maxfli golf ball as the performing ball at the best price on the market. Additionally Dick’s occasionally will run promotions for even greater savings.  Give it a try I know you won’t be disappointed

I'm just hoping Dick's doesn't realize what a good ball they have in their inventory and raise the prices!!!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

59 minutes ago, capifico22 said:

How does the Tour X compare to PV1X/MTBX/TP5/CSX etc, ie the higher spinning balls in wind and driver distance/green side spin?  Seeing a lot of comparisons to the Tour X vs regular ProV1

For me the Tour X plays almost exactly the same as the MTBX which is a little shorter 8-10 yds because of the higher ball flight off the tee as compared to CS X/LS but play very similar with irons and short game spin compared to MTBX/ProV1X/CSX. I would actually prefer the feel of my irons with the Tour X vs the harder V1X/CSX/XLS. The ProV1X has the height and spin with irons/short game just really lacks the feel for me since it’s so hard.

My ideal ball would be XLS off the tee and Tour X with irons and wedge/short game. I’ll find out this weekend if I can get that kind of performance from the regular Tours. As mentioned in my previous post I already get enough height with my swing as it is.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

Grabbed a dozen of these a year ago based on MGS. Played it along with the Vice Pro which had been my gamer. The Maxfli is longer off the driver (90 mph) and very controllable on short shots. It has become my go to ball and enjoy the yellow for those cloudy days when trying to follow a white ball is difficult. Thanks for the reviews MGS.

John Burnsworth

2 hours ago, capifico22 said:

How does the Tour X compare to PV1X/MTBX/TP5/CSX etc, ie the higher spinning balls in wind and driver distance/green side spin?  Seeing a lot of comparisons to the Tour X vs regular ProV1

The four you've listed there for comparison are pretty different. I found the Tour X to be closest to the PV1X in what you listed. The MTBX and the CSX are lower-flying and the TP5 is much, much softer (and higher-spinning). Greenside spin, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Pretty comparable unless you're a stupidly good player with exacting needs. In terms of wind, that's literally the only knock I have on the Maxfli line is they are a little more affected by the wind compared to the 2021 ProV models. Juuuuuust enough to be noticeable, but not enough that you can't adjust for it.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Odd, my yellow Maxfli's go white underneath.  However, I absolutely love the Maxfli Tour and Tour X (still working out which one works best for me.

Driver : Callaway Maveric

3 Wood: Srixon ZX

5 Wood: Cobra RadSpeed

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: 52, 56 Callaway Raw

Putter Evenroll ER5

Thanks for the responses, I've been playing MTBX for 1-2 years now and don't have any real complaints.  The supply chain limiting purchases to 2 dozen is really the reason I've had a wandering eye.  I couldn't agree more with the CSX LS or Left Dash off the tee and something shorter and spinnier elsewhere.  A man can dream!

hi

I've been a big fan of the e12 Contact this season, basically rotating that in and out with the QST based on the course & conditions. This thread really has me considering trying out the Tour to see how well I do with it off the tee and around the greens.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 7/21/2022 at 7:44 AM, Josh Ross said:

I see in your signature that you play the Snell MTB-X. That was my go-to ball ever since it came out and after testing the Maxfli Tour X for MGS I made the switch. I got incredible results with it, almost identical to the Snell, and it was easier to buy. At the time Snell was having inventory issues so it was nice being able to walk in Dick's and get these.

I should probably remove the Snell MTB-X ball from my profile.  I haven't played them at all this year, when they dropped back to only ordering 2 dozen plus shipping, I found a suitable replacement in the OnCore ELIXR and Maxfli Tour.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

5 hours ago, Peejer said:

I should probably remove the Snell MTB-X ball from my profile.  I haven't played them at all this year, when they dropped back to only ordering 2 dozen plus shipping, I found a suitable replacement in the OnCore ELIXR and Maxfli Tour.

See my sig line…exact same reason. Snell rationing/stockouts, shipping and price increase. I probably never would have looked at Maxfli Tours otherwise.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I have yet to try the new Maxfli Tour, but I am a big fan of the previous generation.  I switch to a green ball in the fall when sun glare and leaves can make finding a white or even yellow ball challenging.  The Maxfli Tour was one of the few urethane balls available in matte green, so it is ideal for my autumn golfing needs.  When I saw the new version wasn't going to be available in green, I stocked up when the first gen went on sale.  I still have 7+ dozen on hand, so I should be good for a while.  If the day comes when Srixon stops offering the B2G1 Fathers Day deal on XV's, I just may switch to playing the Maxfli year-round.    

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

Based on all the info in this thread and the review, I took advantage of the 4 dozen for $105 deal and am moving to the TourX as my gamer. 

Was on a golf weekend with friends and family and I couldn't believe how far the ball was flying off the tee. I really didn't notice any difference between the ProV1X with iron play. Same ball flight, and reaction on the green for the most part.

I do need more time with them to adjust for how far the ball rolls out on the green for the short game shots. It could have been due to the greens we were playing being super dry with lack of rain, but I felt that the ball just kept on rolling with my bump and run shots. 

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch