Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

Put the standard Tours in play this past weekend and loved ‘em! Definitely lower launch than the X and that was what I was looking for as I already have a naturally high trajectory with my swing. With that being said I feel I got better distance off the tee. 

Approach still had enough spin for me. Had several shots within 120 yds that stopped within a foot of the landing spot ball mark on the green. 

Putting will take a little more getting used to as the softer Tour didn’t have that pop off the putter face like the harder X/CSX/ProV1X. So just minor adjustment getting used to the speed control.

Overall only lost 4 balls over the course of 2 rounds which is a huge improvement over loosing 8-9 in a round before. 

The standard Tours definitely deserve more game time!

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

Went on a golf outing last weekend and found two other players were gaming the Maxfli Tour balls.  I just ordered two more dozen of the yellow.  😍 I wish they sold them in the 4 pack but they were not available. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... Well the Maxfli is a durable ball as I found out playing one Maxfli Tour for 36 holes. I always start every round with a new ball but decided to try and play a 2nd 18 with the same ball. I could not get over the feeling I was playing a range ball because it looked pretty ratty after 18 but admittedly it continued to perform. I will still start every round with a new Maxfli Tour but good to know they hold up well. Fwiw I re-applied the magic marker red/black after 18. Picture below is after washing it off:

maxifli.JPG.40e6b8f959092776fd169072fd536a59.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Been 3 weeks since I bought my last 2 boxes and I already need to go back for some more.. is it because I keep losing them?.. nope.. is it because they don't last?.. nope.. is it because I keep giving sleeves away to buddies and playing partners so they can try them.. yep 😬

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

Been 3 weeks since I bought my last 2 boxes and I already need to go back for some more.. is it because I keep losing them?.. nope.. is it because they don't last?.. nope.. is it because I keep giving sleeves away to buddies and playing partners so they can try them.. yep 😬

... Haha sweet! I have done the same with single balls, not a whole sleeve. They have my markings and I found one in a spot I have never been on the 17th hole so whoever I gave to to got in almost 18 holes before losing it. 🤪 And since I use a new ball to start every round they go pretty fast. Gonna grab another $105 four box before they go off sale. I have $90 in Dicks credit so they should only cost me about $20.  

52 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Haha sweet! I have done the same with single balls, not a whole sleeve. They have my markings and I found one in a spot I have never been on the 17th hole so whoever I gave to to got in almost 18 holes before losing it. 🤪 And since I use a new ball to start every round they go pretty fast. Gonna grab another $105 four box before they go off sale. I have $90 in Dicks credit so they should only cost me about $20.  

Yeah the $60/2 was already a great deal and $105/4 is just a no brainer. 

Like you, I try to use a new ball every round because you can't afford not to with these. Another silly tradition that I started a little while ago with a slight bit of superstition tied to it was that if I don't lose a ball, I'll circle back to #10, tee up the ball I used for the round, and send an offering to the golf God's giving thanks for the round and asking for success in my next round. Basically I hit a final drive down 10 and leave the ball for someone else to pick up and use. There are a lot of young kids at my normal track so I see this as a donation to their limited ball supply. It's hoakie as hell but my friends all started doing it and it's become a fun tradition. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

Yeah the $60/2 was already a great deal and $105/4 is just a no brainer. 

Like you, I try to use a new ball every round because you can't afford not to with these. Another silly tradition that I started a little while ago with a slight bit of superstition tied to it was that if I don't lose a ball, I'll circle back to #10, tee up, and send an offering to the golf God's giving thanks and asking for success in my next round. Basically I hit a final drive down 10 and leave the ball for someone else to pick up. There are a lot of young kids at my normal track so I see this as a donation to their limited ball supply. It's hoakie as hell but my friends all started doing it and it's become somewhat of a tradition. 

... I am a fan of hoakie, especially when it involves some charity. 🤗  I would play a ball for more than 18 back in Chicago because everything is so lush and soft and a ball could still look new after 18 holes. But these sandy desert fairways just eat the cover off the ball. But a small price to pay for another 25 yds of roll in winter! 

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am a fan of hoakie, especially when it involves some charity. 🤗  I would play a ball for more than 18 back in Chicago because everything is so lush and soft and a ball could still look new after 18 holes. But these sandy desert fairways just eat the cover off the ball. But a small price to pay for another 25 yds of roll in winter! 

Most of the time the ball goes fairly unscathed and is in really good shape. If the ball is just dunzo, I'll take out a brand new one and send it.. but that's kind of the point.. the better the condition, the larger the sacrifice, the more we're blessed on our next outing 😜.. like I said, hoakie as hell but fun 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

You need to be on the payroll at Dicks.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I joined Club OnCore, and one of the perks was two dozen “free gift” Vero X1 balls from them.  I was running low on OnCore balls, and played two rounds with the Maxfli Tour X balls, which performed very well, but I still slightly favor the OnCore Vero X1 balls.

One of the major reasons that I ponied up the $100 to join Club OnCore, besides getting the two dozen balls, a new microfiber towel and a Yeti-clone hot/cold tumbler, was that I will get advance access to their new Vero X2 balls, which are scheduled to be available within the next month (and at a discounted price point). Initial reviews from the handful of OnCore staff players and employees who have hit the Vero X2 are very encouraging, and since they have a 95 compression, I am pretty sure that I will like them even better than I like the Vero X1.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

31 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I bought my 2 dozen at golfworks 

Golfworks is owned by Dicks/GG. Made me a little sad when I found that out last year.. but then I got over it😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

59 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I bought my 2 dozen at golfworks 

Golf Galaxy owns Dicks and GolfWorks.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

On 2/11/2022 at 9:14 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Having been a tester for the Tour and Tour X, I've come to like these balls more and more as I keep putting them into play.  As many know, I've really struggled finding those few ball that are "best for my game".  This task seems easy for many of the forum members... me, not so much. I play lots of H2H (2 ball) competitions while playing rounds (often documented in the "How did you play" thread) and when course play permits, and have pitted a healthy dozen tour and mid tier balls against one another... and still have a hung jury 🤪

But, when I consider how these performed in the MGS Lab tests and that, when on sale (like the recent MGS 40% off special), they are arguably the best value out there. They and the Snell MTB are, IMO/E, every bit the equal of the Pro V's.  The only slight edge I would give the Pro V's is durability. 

Is this MGS 40% off special a yearly occurrence? If so, when does it happen? I've been looking at picking up some of the Tours. Currently playing the Kirkland 2.0 and feel like I'm not getting the distance I should be on well struck shots.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Bought a box based on MGS review.  Did not care for these.  Lost distance on every club.  I did putt well with these balls.  They are durable, as I have been using a couple for practice balls.  Couple hundred hits on two balls with a 56 wedge in my back yard.  Some cosmetic scuffs.  Will be staying with my current ball.

On 7/27/2022 at 6:53 PM, CarlH said:

I'm just hoping Dick's doesn't realize what a good ball they have in their inventory and raise the prices!!!!

Have to give DSG credit - they have several products (Tommy Armour clubs, Maxfli balls & bags) that are very highly rated by MGS at great prices. I'd argue overall better bang for your buck over what Costco is selling.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

On 8/3/2022 at 5:20 PM, GaDawg said:

Golf Galaxy owns Dicks and GolfWorks.

Dicks is the parent company

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/family-of-businesses

"Headquartered in Pittsburgh, DICK'S also owns and operates Golf Galaxy, Field & Stream and Public Lands specialty stores, as well as GameChanger, a youth sports mobile app for scheduling, communications, live scorekeeping and video streaming......."

Not a big brand snob but have to admit the Maxfli Tour especially for the price, has been a decent ball performance wise. I hit it as far as CS and V1 and around the greens it bites as needed despite the operator's headspace and timing issues.  It is worth the try and see.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

27 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Dicks is the parent company

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/family-of-businesses

"Headquartered in Pittsburgh, DICK'S also owns and operates Golf Galaxy, Field & Stream and Public Lands specialty stores, as well as GameChanger, a youth sports mobile app for scheduling, communications, live scorekeeping and video streaming......."

Thanks for clarifying, I was just trying to make the point that the Maxfli golf balls could be purchased at any one of the three.

4 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Thanks for clarifying, I was just trying to make the point that the Maxfli golf balls could be purchased at any one of the three.

Tone doesn't always convey, I wasn't trying to sound like a male Karen, LOL

30 minutes ago, Dweed said:

Not a big brand snob but have to admit the Maxfli Tour especially for the price, has been a decent ball performance wise. I hit it as far as CS and V1 and around the greens it bites as needed despite the operator's headspace and timing issues.  It is worth the try and see.

Yeah I was pretty surprised too. I ran through a lot of the MGS ball data trying to get to a short list of balls to test and the Maxfli stayed in the top 5 in all this. For the performance and price per ball is phenomenal!

On 8/7/2022 at 8:07 PM, 15handi said:

Bought a box based on MGS review.  Did not care for these.  Lost distance on every club.  I did putt well with these balls.  They are durable, as I have been using a couple for practice balls.  Couple hundred hits on two balls with a 56 wedge in my back yard.  Some cosmetic scuffs.  Will be staying with my current ball.

I'm interested what your  current ball is and swing speed?

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

24 minutes ago, Chester3488 said:

I think it might be the tops in price per performance. ... At least right up there. 

+10.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I've enjoyed these balls however the yellow covers are not as durable as other balls.  Maybe they can toughen them up for the next version coming out.  This one hit a cart path and results were not pretty. 

maxfliball.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I've enjoyed these balls however the yellow covers are not as durable as other balls.  Maybe they can toughen them up for the next version coming out.  This one hit a cart path and results were not pretty. 

maxfliball.jpg

I noticed the yellow chipping on some Taylormade Tour Response balls I was testing.  Maybe the paint is just not what it used to be.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 6-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 (Testing)
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

To be fair, after a ball hits the cart path (any ball) it's probably time to retire it 😄

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 8/9/2022 at 7:50 AM, Chester3488 said:

I think it might be the tops in price per performance. ... At least right up there. 

Definitely in contention for best bang for the buck. Thinking about picking up another 48 pack...

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2