TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

I found them to be maybe a hair softer? But that might be my imagination. What’s good is they spin very well, and they are long, maybe longer than pv1, but, these are non-quantified results. But, I sure wouldn’t spend money on pv’s when you can get these for less than half. And of blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Altho if blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to hit the ball anyways…

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! The feel of the ProV1 was awesome, but I cannot drop $50/dozen. I was playing primarily a Velocity all summer and while it was a good ball, the stopping power on the greens with the pv1, even from 150+ out, was something I had never experienced. I just figured I wasn’t good enough but after the last couple rounds, losing that hop and stop/small roll out is something I don’t want. I don’t think I had ever had a ball check up before on an approach unless I launched my 56 two miles into the sky! And I can’t hit the ball well WITHOUT a blindfold 🤣

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

11 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! The feel of the ProV1 was awesome, but I cannot drop $50/dozen. I was playing primarily a Velocity all summer and while it was a good ball, the stopping power on the greens with the pv1, even from 150+ out, was something I had never experienced. I just figured I wasn’t good enough but after the last couple rounds, losing that hop and stop/small roll out is something I don’t want. I don’t think I had ever had a ball check up before on an approach unless I launched my 56 two miles into the sky! And I can’t hit the ball well WITHOUT a blindfold 🤣

Having played all three (among others) JN, you will see a night and day difference between the Velocity (which is a very good non-urethane ball) and the Maxfli Tour.  It is all about the spin and control when impacting the greens (full approach shots, as well as pitches and chips).  Also the Maxfli, like the ProV1 will have a different feel on the greens (I won't say better... to each their own... but different for sure).  As many have said on this forum... a Urethane covered "tour" ball isn't just for pro players... and with the Maxfli - you don't have to make the money a Tour player makes to play them without worrying when you unfortunately lose one (I'm sure not by errant shot in your case... you  know, when the group ahead picks up your ball by mistake or something 😉 ).  

Seriously though, the Maxfli Tour is a tour quality ball at nearly 1/2 the price.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

@Jnoble89a little more reading material for you 😉 

https://mygolfspy.com/maxfli-tour-and-tour-x-golf-balls/

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Having played all three (among others) JN, you will see a night and day difference between the Velocity (which is a very good non-urethane ball) and the Maxfli Tour.  It is all about the spin and control when impacting the greens (full approach shots, as well as pitches and chips).  Also the Maxfli, like the ProV1 will have a different feel on the greens (I won't say better... to each their own... but different for sure).  As many have said on this forum... a Urethane covered "tour" ball isn't just for pro players... and with the Maxfli - you don't have to make the money a Tour player makes to play them without worrying when you unfortunately lose one (I'm sure not by errant shot in your case... you  know, when the group ahead picks up your ball by mistake or something 😉 ).  

Seriously though, the Maxfli Tour is a tour quality ball at nearly 1/2 the price.  

Thanks for your feedback, TCB! The two things I noticed immediately that had me saying "WOW" out loud on well struck shots were the feel and spin. For really the first time, I felt like I was able to at least try and attack pins more aggressively on my approach shots instead of playing it safe and only aiming to get on the green. I couldn't believe how much the ball was checking up. I am going to be putting the Maxfli Tour at the top of my Xmas list this year 🤩

#LeftyGang

4 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

@Jnoble89a little more reading material for you 😉 

https://mygolfspy.com/maxfli-tour-and-tour-x-golf-balls/

I also feel like I remember seeing something about an MGS special sale or something on the Maxfli golf balls last year or the year before? Sometime in the fall? Am I making that up? At $105/4 dozen they are already an awesome value, I know, but I just thought I'd ask!

#LeftyGang

8 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I also feel like I remember seeing something about an MGS special sale or something on the Maxfli golf balls last year or the year before? Sometime in the fall? Am I making that up? At $105/4 dozen they are already an awesome value, I know, but I just thought I'd ask!

I don't recall any MGS special... other than maybe someone on the classifieds maybe selling some... but I could be wrong about that.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

6 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I almost think they might be a little longer than the pv1. I have hit some serious bombs with this ball. You can tell because you’re hitting a PW, or a 9 iron on holes you normally hit a longer iron… plus it’s always good to hear your playing partners say “big drive!”

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I almost think they might be a little longer than the pv1. I have hit some serious bombs with this ball. You can tell because you’re hitting a PW, or a 9 iron on holes you normally hit a longer iron… plus it’s always good to hear your playing partners say “big drive!”

... No serious bombs for me but doing head to head comparisons during several practice rounds the distance was similar with a slight edge to the Maxfli. Since I am not a robot a few drives were just a little longer with the ProV1 but on average the Maxfli Tour was longer and also produced the longest drives. I just can't see myself playing any other ball right now. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I played a variety of chrome softs today just cuz they were hanging around in my bag, and while I had a really solid day, I didn’t at any point step back and think, “what a great ball”, like I’ve done with the MF tour. 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I played a variety of chrome softs today just cuz they were hanging around in my bag, and while I had a really solid day, I didn’t at any point step back and think, “what a great ball”, like I’ve done with the MF tour. 

Funny I just did the same thing last week in a golf tournament. Scramble format so when I was going to do something adventurous, I used a few chrome softs. Plain and with triple track. I didn't want to lose a MF Tour in case the shot didn't work out as anticipated. They were just ok for me.  No wow factor.    

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Funny I just did the same thing last week in a golf tournament. Scramble format so when I was going to do something adventurous, I used a few chrome softs. Plain and with triple track. I didn't want to lose a MF Tour in case the shot didn't work out as anticipated. They were just ok for me.  No wow factor.    

We must all be of the same mind.  Played a 9 with chrome softs last week... MAYBE a bit more spin on full approach shots... with similar iron distance but definitely shorter than the Maxfli Tour for me off the tee.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Have not played the Maxfli balls but did get two dozen white boxes in the mail today to test of the new Prov1 and Prov1x.  Cannot wait to see how they test out.  Will try the Prov1x on Monday in a no sanctioned event I am participating in.  I will find a different ball every now and then at our course and play with it a few holes, but I always come back to the Titleist premium balls and buy them during their spring special.  Right now left dash Prov1x is tops on my list in performance and durability.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

First round of testing with the Tour & Tour X. Played 18 and alternated the balls every 3 holes. Thoroughly impressed with both but leaning towards the Tour as I have some concerns about spin with the X model. Specifically, I had a couple of short wedge shots with the X that checked much harder than expected and even though the results worked in my favor I worry that won't always be the case. I also noticed a slightly lower trajectory with the Tour model which I prefer. Playing again on Monday and will continue testing like this until I'm nearly out of balls. By then I should know for certain which model I want to game and go pick up the 4-dozen bulk pack so I'm ready for next season.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

For me, the Tour X is the better of these two Maxfli Tour model balls, but then I prefer the Snell MTBx and the ProV1x, as well as Srixon’s new Z-Star XV Diamond ball. I guess I am just a firm golf ball fan!

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Tried 2 dozen each of the Tour and Tour X.   Really like both balls but like the X slightly better.  Just went through a couple dozen of the new Srixon Z-Stars, also really nice.  But for me, I always go back to Snell.  Play both the Black and MTB X, depending on the weather and green conditions.  They’re really great balls IMHO! 

Love the new Tour ball in matte white. Just bought a dozen. Played a round with just one ball last week and the ball/cover is perfect, not sure i can say that of the ProV’s I’ve played or the WS STAFF ball which is my other current favorite ball. Wish it still came in matte green like the 2019 ball, they were fantastic and just a beautiful bright color. 

9 minutes ago, jstone said:

Maxfli balls rule.  And they're "whiter" than Titleist.  That's one thing about top dog Titleist that irks me to no end, their white is very weak & almost muted compared to the rest of the market. Possibly one of the darkest whites out there.  Maxfli all day any day.

Never noticed that the Titleist balls were lacking in their, as you stated almost muted white color.  In looking at my new ones, they look bright and shiny.  Maybe it's just me.  Am 76 and never have a problem following them in flight or when they land.  Have no problem finding them  Not a problem for those who make a living playing them.  Guess it is a personal thing.  Hakuna matata.   

Love the Maxfli TourX. Just made my eighth hole in one and first one in 20 years!

66 years old with pretty slow club head speed and the TourX spins better for me than any ball I have ever played!

Cobra Speedzone 9* Driver, 47” long, Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Cobra Speedzone 14.5* fairway metal, Fujikura Atmos R shaft, +2”

Titleist 818 hybrids 21*, 23*, 25* Tensei blue hybrid shafts R flex, +2”

Cobra Forged Tec (2021) 6-PW, AeroTech SteelFiber I80 R, +2”

Titleist Vokey wedges, SM9 48*, 52*, 56* all +2”

Putter, Odyssey White Hot D.A.R.T., 36”

I finally had the opportunity to do a objective comparison between my day-to-day favorite Titlist, the Pro V1-X (I actually like the left dash a little better, but they're harder to come by) and the MaxFli Tour X. On a cold rainy day here in mid-Michigan, I got on a new TrackMan monitor at Bogie's Indoor Golf in Tawas; nice people & facility, check them out if you're in the area (btw, I have NO affiliation with them what-so-ever). After warming up, I hit about 20 driver shots with each ball, alternating a couple of times to avoid warming up/fatigue variances which, of course, didn't eliminate my usual dumb-a🤪🤪 variances. That certainly doesn't make this a scientific study by any means, but it's the best I could do. Parsing the data a couple of ways, the MaxFli Tour X out performed the Prov 1-X. My best 5 shots resulted in +9 yards carry and -318 rpm spin. The best 8 shots had+9.9 yards carry and -142 spin. Including more shots started introducing bad shots of some form so I didn't include them (yes, I know... pretty ugly consistency).

I didn't record 54 & 58 degree partial wedge shots, but spin was comparable within my ability (which is to say probably not all that consistent). But I'm ending the season here in Michigan playing to about a 10 or 11 Hdcp and a lot of that is due to my improved play from 100 yards or less. So I'm comfortable with the spin comparison that I saw.

I'm glad my little test was so positive since I bought the 4 dozen pack from Dick's. Now to get them in actual play....

Edit/Update: One last bit of parsing. The best 3 shots with each ball had nearly identical attack angle and spin numbers. When adjusting the resulting carry number due to a higher average swing speed with the MaxFli Tour X shots, it was still nearly 6 yards longer than the Pro V1-X. So... equal or better performance at nearly half the price? I'm anxious to get some actual playing time in to see if this holds!

Edited by MIgregb
Added detail

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

2 minutes ago, Rix said:

Love the Maxfli TourX. Just made my eighth hole in one and first one in 20 years!

66 years old with pretty slow club head speed and the TourX spins better for me than any ball I have ever played!

Congratulations.  Eight is priceless.  I am 76 and took up this crazy game in 1984 and have been blessed to have had four.  May 2001, May 2012, Dec 2015, and Jan 2021.  Shot 69 three days after my 68th birthday with a double bogey on hole 18.  Why I have stuck with the Prov1s.  Hopefully, I can catch you one day.  Great accomplishment.      

3 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I finally had the opportunity to do a objective comparison between my day-to-day favorite Titlist, the Pro V1-X (I actually like the left dash a little better, but they're harder to come by) and the MaxFli Tour X. On a cold rainy day here in mid-Michigan, I got on a new TrackMan monitor at Bogie's Indoor Golf in Tawas; nice people & facility, check them out if you're in the area (btw, I have NO affiliation with them what-so-ever). After warming up, I hit about 20 driver shots with each ball, alternating a couple of times to avoid warming up/fatigue variances which, of course, didn't eliminate my usual dumb-a🤪🤪 variances. That certainly doesn't make this a scientific study by any means, but it's the best I could do. Parsing the data a couple of ways, the MaxFli Tour X out performed the Prov 1-X. My best 5 shots resulted in +9 yards carry and -318 rpm spin. The best 8 shots had+9.9 yards carry and -142 spin. Including more shots started introducing bad shots of some form so I didn't include them (yes, I know... pretty ugly consistency).

I didn't record 54 & 58 degree partial wedge shots, but spin was comparable within my ability (which is to say probably not all that consistent). But I'm ending the season here in Michigan playing to about a 10 or 11 Hdcp and a lot of that is due to my improved play from 100 yards or less. So I'm comfortable with the spin comparison that I saw.

I'm glad my little test was so positive since I bought the 4 dozen pack from Dick's. Now to get them in actual play....

I have played the Prov1s, since as long as I can remember, but have taken a liking to the new left dash.  Have not had much of a problem finding that ball.  I deal with a local specialty golf shop who is a Titleist/FootJoy account, who is a fitter, repairer, and has a staff of ten who offer lessons.  I check with them on a regular basis and buy all my equipment from them.  Am stocking up so when my current stock of Prov1s run out, I will make the transfer over to the left dash.  That ball performs well with all my clubs.  Love the height, spin and distance.  At 76 I needed every yard I can get.  Will be starting to test the new Prov1s and Prov1xs on Monday.  My white boxes arrived yesterday.  Interesting to see what they have to offer.  Guess that my blood runs Titleist.  I have played in the past a lot of other balls in my early years of playing golf and I can honestly say that there has only been one other ball that I liked and it was the Taylor Made Penta golf ball.  That has been many many years back.      

21 hours ago, Rix said:

How is the distance for you off the tee with the "X"? Have you played the non-X to be ab;e to give a comparison?

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

How is the distance for you off the tee with the "X"? Have you played the non-X to be ab;e to give a comparison?

Sure did. The feel and flight of the Maxfli Tour just didn’t seem great to me. It’s really the same reason I never cared for the ProV1 and always played the ProV1x. The Tour seems to give me a little more carry and seems to give me a little more spin on full shots into the green. In a perfect world I would probably play the Tour model from 80 yards and in, the TourX everywhere else. With my slower club head speed I don’t spin the ball a lot in my short game but like the help the TourX model gives me in the long game

Edited by Rix

13 minutes ago, Rix said:

Sure did. The feel and flight of the Maxfli Tour just didn’t seem great to me. It’s really the same reason I never cared for the ProV1 and always played the ProV1x. The Tour seems to give me a little more carry and seems to give me a little more spin on full shots into the green. In a perfect world I would probably play the Tour model from 80 yards and in, the TourX everywhere else. With my slower club head speed I don’t spin the ball a lot in my short game but like the help the TourX model gives me in the long game

Did you get the chance to play the left dash Prov1x.  Or maybe the holy grail, the Prov1 left dot?

On 10/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I found them to be maybe a hair softer? But that might be my imagination. What’s good is they spin very well, and they are long, maybe longer than pv1, but, these are non-quantified results. But, I sure wouldn’t spend money on pv’s when you can get these for less than half. And of blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Altho if blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to hit the ball anyways…

Exact same experience here. I tested Tour and ProV1 while wearing earbuds to try and minimize the influence of sound on feel and the Tour is mayyyyyyybe a touch softer. But agree; if blindfolded? Definitely couldn't tell.

The ONLY thing I think I can pick apart between the two is performance in the wind. ProV1 is definitely less affected, but IMHO not double-the-price worth...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

It is all about choosing what you want to afford.  I am a Titleist guy and will find a way.  I cannot hit the ball as far as I use to, but at 76 I am happy with 220 - 240 all day long off the senior tees.  Retirement is a good thing and having a sweet retirement part time job helps.  

On 10/14/2022 at 8:57 PM, Webz59 said:

Tried 2 dozen each of the Tour and Tour X.   Really like both balls but like the X slightly better.  Just went through a couple dozen of the new Srixon Z-Stars, also really nice.  But for me, I always go back to Snell.  Play both the Black and MTB X, depending on the weather and green conditions.  They’re really great balls IMHO! 

Were those the Srixon Z-Star XV Diamond balls that you tried? I love those golf balls, and they are the only ball model that I (very slightly) prefer over the OnCore Vero X1. However, the new Vero X2 from OnCore begins shipping this month to select members of Club OnCore (including me), and I am hoping that the X2 with it’s higher compression suits me and my golf game even better.

BTW, Brooks Koepka just won the LIV Tour event in Saudi Arabia using the Srixon XV Diamond ball.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 10/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, ChuckZ said:

Did you get the chance to play the left dash Prov1x.  Or maybe the holy grail, the Prov1 left dot?

I haven’t. Not at a place with my game to pay that much for a golf ball. I’ll pay for ProV1, ProV1X or AVX but don’t think I would see enough of a difference to warrant the extra $$$$$