Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

I am going to have to give the Tour X a try. The Maxfli Tour (non-X) just seems shorter than other balls I've played, and is particularly too soft off the putter. I am hoping the "X" will compare favorably to the Vice Pro Plus that I've had great success with, despite not having anywhere near the swing speed they say it is best for.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

2 hours ago, Rix said:

I haven’t. Not at a place with my game to pay that much for a golf ball. I’ll pay for ProV1, ProV1X or AVX but don’t think I would see enough of a difference to warrant the extra $$$$$

They are all the same price.  No difference for the left dot or left dash, contrary to all the rumors.....

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Just noticed that within the last few days that Golf Galaxy/Dicks Sporting Goods has raised the prices on a box of Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls from $35/dozen to $40/dozen. Thankfully you can still get the deal for two boxes at $60 and 4 boxes for $105 with the GG/DSG "limited time sale" (which seems to almost always be available, thus not "limited time"). Still, kind of a bummer to see the price bump.

image.png.48035ee0852e413acbf2e0c46f91b91e.png

Mizuno ST-200 9.5 Atmos Red 5R | Titleist TS2 4W 16.5 Kura Kage 55 R | Titleist 917F2 7W 21.0 
Taylormade Rescue Dual 4 hybrid 22 R | Mizuno FliHi 5 Project X LZ 5.0 
Mizuno JPX 921 HM 6-GW Nippon NS PRO 950GH neo 
Cleveland CBX2 54 TT DG 115 W | Ping Glide 3.0 58 PING Z-Z115 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide | Snell MTB Black, Maxfli Tour 

• 3 weeks later...

Just had one of my longest ever drives yesterday with the non x. I'm not a high spin player at all but the regular seems to fit me better, but playing both it and the pro v x yesterday, the Maxfli lost nothing on the pro v. I think once you get the years of marketing from Titleist that has ingrained on your brain off, you can become more open minded that sometimes cheaper does not mean lower quality, it simply means less spent on marketing.

3 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Just had one of my longest ever drives yesterday with the non x. I'm not a high spin player at all but the regular seems to fit me better, but playing both it and the pro v x yesterday, the Maxfli lost nothing on the pro v. I think once you get the years of marketing from Titleist that has ingrained on your brain off, you can become more open minded that sometimes cheaper does not mean lower quality, it simply means less spent on marketing.

... To be fair, it isn't just marketing. Titleist ProV1's are the best golf balls made from construction to performance. If every premium ball cost $39.99 a dozen I would be buying ProV1's. That said for many balls it isn't a night and day difference and depending on your ability, maybe no difference at all. Even playing to a plus index I can't tell any difference between ProV1's and Maxfli Tours with the exception of durability where the ProV1 wins by a hair, but performance is virtually identical for me. Like many, I also like playing the underdog or the brand less known and Maxfli certainly fits that description. Even without the sales like 2 dozen for $60, at the new price of $39.99 a dozen for Maxfli Tour's I would still be buying Maxfli's. As many have said it is the best deal in golf. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... To be fair, it isn't just marketing. Titleist ProV1's are the best golf balls made from construction to performance. If every premium ball cost $39.99 a dozen I would be buying ProV1's. That said for many balls it isn't a night and day difference and depending on your ability, maybe no difference at all. Even playing to a plus index I can't tell any difference between ProV1's and Maxfli Tours with the exception of durability where the ProV1 wins by a hair, but performance is virtually identical for me. Like many, I also like playing the underdog or the brand less known and Maxfli certainly fits that description. Even without the sales like 2 dozen for $60, at the new price of $39.99 a dozen for Maxfli Tour's I would still be buying Maxfli's. As many have said it is the best deal in golf. 

I was just in Japan a couple weeks ago and based on the price of Yen to Dollar, Pro V's came to just over $40 per dozen. It was like I had stepped back a decade. Also, Japan also seems to get all kinds of stock "play numbers" unlike us who has to order them. Based on the videos and testing and now seeing some Titleist quality issues, I don't think we can fairly say anymore that we are paying for premium quality. I just remember Titleist jumping on the bash Callaway bandwagon when some of their balls were off center, but everyone has been suspiciously silent now that Titleist ones are showing up off center. I think now that the quality discussion is equal, there isn't much doubt that the Maxfli deals are a steal.

2 hours ago, chisag said:

That is exactly why I play OnCore Urethane-cover golf balls (primarily the Vero X1, although I have two dozen of the Vero X2, which feel too hard and spin too little for me).  As temperatures get colder, I will switch to the lower-compression, but still Urethane-covered) OnCore ELIXR (2022 model) balls.  I, too, like playing the underdog! 

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

That is exactly why I play OnCore Urethane-cover golf balls (primarily the Vero X1, although I have two dozen of the Vero X2, which feel too hard and spin too little for me).  As temperatures get colder, I will switch to the lower-compression, but still Urethane-covered) OnCore ELIXR (2022 model) balls.  I, too, like playing the underdog! 

Never heard of OnCore.  Time to purchase the premium Titleist balls "will be" in the upcoming loyalty program which will kick off in the spring of 2023.  By four dozen and pay for three thru Titleist accounts.  A great deal and saves you a great deal.  Having test the new Prov1s and Prov1xs, I will definitely stocking up on the new Prov1s.  Out perform the Prov1x left dash when it comes to distance.  Stocked up on the left dash and started using it, but when I tested the new Prov1, I changed my mind based on the results.   Have played the Prov1, after being fitted for it many years ago, and with the new ball looks like I am staying with it.   

1 hour ago, ChuckZ said:

Never heard of OnCore.  Time to purchase the premium Titleist balls "will be" in the upcoming loyalty program which will kick off in the spring of 2023.  By four dozen and pay for three thru Titleist accounts.  A great deal and saves you a great deal.  Having test the new Prov1s and Prov1xs, I will definitely stocking up on the new Prov1s.  Out perform the Prov1x left dash when it comes to distance.  Stocked up on the left dash and started using it, but when I tested the new Prov1, I changed my mind based on the results.   Have played the Prov1, after being fitted for it many years ago, and with the new ball looks like I am staying with it.   

FYI - OnCore Golf is a Buffalo, NY company and they have been producing DTC golf balls for 7 to 8 years. They compete with, and are rated at least as good if not better than Vice, Snell, and other premium Urethane covered golf balls, as well as the much-heralded Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls. Even MyGolfSpy has rated the OnCore balls very highly, and they come out of the same factory and off the same production lines at Foremost Golf as several of the other premium Urethane balls. The one differentiator between OnCore and all of the other Urethane balls is that OnCore has metallic particles in the mantle layer on their top models, which results in straighter flight and greater stability in the wind vs. the other balls.

I am a member of Team OnCore, so I get even greater discounts than the general public, so I just got 4 dozen of their premium Urethane cover balls for $100 with free shipping; you can’t beat that price for such top-quality balls!

Spoiler

On 10/19/2022 at 9:58 AM, kmoneill9 said:

Just noticed that within the last few days that Golf Galaxy/Dicks Sporting Goods has raised the prices on a box of Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls from $35/dozen to $40/dozen. Thankfully you can still get the deal for two boxes at $60 and 4 boxes for $105 with the GG/DSG "limited time sale" (which seems to almost always be available, thus not "limited time"). Still, kind of a bummer to see the price bump.

image.png.48035ee0852e413acbf2e0c46f91b91e.png

Nope, the 4 dozen box just went up to $119.99

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A little bummed about the bump in price, but still a great deal when factoring performance per dollar PLUS convenience of being able to pick these up locally (at least for me).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

16 hours ago, ChuckZ said:

Check out OnCore they make a very good ball for the price and usually run a buy 2 get one free during late Nov early Dec. Vero1 plays similar to Pro V and last year 3 dozen were $80 during promo. 

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

3 hours ago, NC Golfer said:

Does anyone in the group, play the yellow one? Is the X version that much of a difference?

I don't play yellow balls at all. I actually find them more difficult to locate in the grass.

I have been testing both models and have already settled on the Tour. The Tour X is a great ball, but greenside spin is a bit too much for me at times and I prefer the lower compression feel of the regular Tour ball. Only way to know for sure is to test and see how it works with your game.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 11/8/2022 at 10:23 AM, tschott said:

Check out OnCore they make a very good ball for the price and usually run a buy 2 get one free during late Nov early Dec. Vero1 plays similar to Pro V and last year 3 dozen were $80 during promo. 

Correct!  And if you are a member of Club OnCore, you get even better pricing and lots of other nice "perks".

The new OnCore Vero X2 plays similar to the ProV1x, or ProV1x Left Dash, but is even a bit more firm, based on the three rounds of play that I have experienced so far with the X2. I'm thinking that the Vero X1 and 2022 ELIXR are the better OnCore ball models for me.

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

16 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

FYI - OnCore Golf is a Buffalo, NY company and they have been producing DTC golf balls for 7 to 8 years. They compete with, and are rated at least as good if not better than Vice, Snell, and other premium Urethane covered golf balls, as well as the much-heralded Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls. Even MyGolfSpy has rated the OnCore balls very highly, and they come out of the same factory and off the same production lines at Foremost Golf as several of the other premium Urethane balls. The one differentiator between OnCore and all of the other Urethane balls is that OnCore has metallic particles in the mantle layer on their top models, which results in straighter flight and greater stability in the wind vs. the other balls.

I am a member of Team OnCore, so I get even greater discounts than the general public, so I just got 4 dozen of their premium Urethane cover balls for $100 with free shipping; you can’t beat that price for such top-quality balls!

Sounds like it might be time to update the ball in your signature block!

1104317773_ScreenShot2022-11-08at12_23_34PM.png.8a3194f38b794b0db7c9cda72d2b8bc8.png

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

2 hours ago, tschott said:

Thanks for the info, but think I will stick with an exceptional performing golf ball.  When it comes to golf equipment, I have worked hard all my life and have saved for my retirement.  I have put aside a special golf account so I can wear the best apparel/shoes and play the best equipment/balls.  Have been called a brand snob, but that is aok, you get what you pay for.   But on the other hand, life is about choices, you have to live with the ones you make.  Was always brought up to spend my money well and not waste it on imitations.  Was poor but mom always bought quality products for us, somehow.   She always emphasized they lasted longer.  

5 hours ago, GregGarner said:

Sounds like it might be time to update the ball in your signature block!

1104317773_ScreenShot2022-11-08at12_23_34PM.png.8a3194f38b794b0db7c9cda72d2b8bc8.png

I have tried to update my signature at least a dozen times (clubs, ball, handicap, etc.) to no avail.

Spoiler

20 hours ago, ChuckZ said:

Thanks for the info, but think I will stick with an exceptional performing golf ball.  When it comes to golf equipment, I have worked hard all my life and have saved for my retirement.  I have put aside a special golf account so I can wear the best apparel/shoes and play the best equipment/balls.  Have been called a brand snob, but that is aok, you get what you pay for.   But on the other hand, life is about choices, you have to live with the ones you make.  Was always brought up to spend my money well and not waste it on imitations.  Was poor but mom always bought quality products for us, somehow.   She always emphasized they lasted longer.  

I understand what you're saying but when you can spend less and get a quality product it only makes sense to give them all a try. Based on your comments I know I won't change your mind. There are some companies out there that offer great products and sell direct to the consumer, OnCore, Sub 70, New Level to name a few that give you a great product and save you money to play more golf. Enjoy your retirement and have an open mind on some of the other equipment. 

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

Ball-OnCore Elixir

On 11/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, funkyjudge said:

I thought about joining Team OnCore and was wondering if you thought the perks were worth the price. I may have to join next summer although don't need a golf bag. Thanks

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

Ball-OnCore Elixir

3 hours ago, tschott said:

I thought about joining Team OnCore and was wondering if you thought the perks were worth the price. I may have to join next summer although don't need a golf bag. Thanks

“Value” is a subjective term, for sure! I think that Club OnCore provides decent value if you buy a lot of their golf balls and maybe take advantage of a couple of their “partner offers” (e.g. Edison wedges). If not, it probably doesn’t make good financial sense.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, tschott said:

I understand what you're saying but when you can spend less and get a quality product it only makes sense to give them all a try. Based on your comments I know I won't change your mind. There are some companies out there that offer great products and sell direct to the consumer, OnCore, Sub 70, New Level to name a few that give you a great product and save you money to play more golf. Enjoy your retirement and have an open mind on some of the other equipment. 

As a former businessman I have "never" paid retail on anything over the years and that continues into retirement.  You either make good friends or work for companies that afford you discount opportunities.  Never have had a closed mind when it comes to saving money.  I respect everyone's choices and most play what they choose to afford.   

I've added the Tour to my bag for fall/winter rounds and it's a more than acceptable ball for the use.  I do notice that I am losing about 10 yards on a drive and can't get it to spin around the greens like a ProV1.  My handicap has gone up from 5.5 to 5.9 since I made the switch but I'm not losing a $4 ball in a pile of leaves twice a round either.  

The Tour is sensitive to the wind to be sure.

Not sure that the side stamp really does anything other than serve as an alignment tool.  I've always used the logo on the ball to line up a putt, so the side stamp is just something else on any given ball.

I'll probably go back to the ProV1 in the spring when the weather heats up (or I sneak off to Florida for a round over the winter) but this is clearly the best ball in the DTC world by far.  

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

... Had another awesome experience last round with an ex Boise State college player. He hit the ball so far and just soooo high, even his wedges which surprised me, but he was very accurate. He was a good example for those that think they hit it too high as I hit a high ball but he was just much higher. Watching him hit a 4 iron for 235 that was just insanely high was a real treat. What I need/want in a golf ball and what he needs/wants is two different things. I want to maximize my distance while controlling the spin and the Maxfli Tour does the best job of any ball I have played. Blake has used several editions of the ProV1/X after his college coach had them experiment with different balls to find what worked best for them. He had never hit a Maxfli and I offered him one and he declined saying he was comfortable with his ball and spin. Amen. 

... For someone hitting the ball so far/high I was amazed at how his irons/wedges hit, hopped and then spun back a few inches. Never excessive spin, which he hates and calls uncontrollable. It is always interesting to play with someone much better than you and he shot an easy 65 from the tips with iron 2nd shot into every par 5.  As we all know "he plays a game I am not familiar with" certainly applied. On a hole with a slight downhill slope so you can't see where drives end up, he hit a 3 wood and I hit my best drive of the day from the next tees up. He said "Well you outdrove me on that one!" and gave me knuckles. When we got to the balls, the one 10 yds farther was his! I reprimanded him for not letting an old dude outdrive him on just one hole and he said "At least I tried". 🤪

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

I have went to my local Dicks over 3 times in the last two weeks and they don't have the Maxfli Tour balls in stock. Spoke with the dept. manager and she didn't seem to care. I understand that I can order online, but just don't understand the PP customer service. I suppose that I am just an old fart.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

9 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I have went to my local Dicks over 3 times in the last two weeks and they don't have the Maxfli Tour balls in stock. Spoke with the dept. manager and she didn't seem to care. I understand that I can order online, but just don't understand the PP customer service. I suppose that I am just an old fart.

I've received similar reactions at both Dick's and Golf Galaxy on pretty much any item they're out of stock on; balls, grips, etc.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

34 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

... Well, you and I are old farts but that doesn't make us wrong to expect some common courtesy. After all we are doing Dicks a favor, not the other way around and we can buy other balls at another store or as you said, online. She should have at a minimum offered to order them for you and had them shipped to your home. OR taken your number and called you when they came in, honoring the current price. You have been around long enough to know if you enjoy your job you don't have to work a day in your life. Understanding and making your customers happy should bring some joy to someone that sounds like she is just punching a clock. 

On 11/7/2022 at 5:14 PM, ChuckZ said:

Mmm. Interesting point in there about the new Pro V1’s distance vs left dash. Hmmmmm. I hated left dash, played V1X for a few years, moved to Z Star last year. I’m going to need to try the new V1…

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 11/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, GaDawg said:

Dick's (and Golf Galaxy) is strictly a corporate retailer just like Target or Walmart. Everything - products, inventory, and pricing - is controlled at the corporate level. Technically the local store isn't allowed to override the going corporate price and you certainly can't negotiate a price even on the big ticket items like fitness equipment (the store manager can approve a small discount to resolve customer service issues). There is also no commission, so it doesn't matter if they don't have it in stock. That person is just there to work the floor and earn their hourly wage. There's no incentive to upsell or convert you into a loyal customer. No matter how much they like to broadcast their support of local youth athletics, the connection from corporate to customer is 100% soulless.

All that said, the Maxfli Tour is still my ball.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"