Maxfli Tour

chisag

31 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I expect I'll get similar reactions. Just mentioning that I wanted to try Maxfli, my buddy goes, "Have you ever heard of Vice?" lol

I was playing with @Tom the Golf Nut and we found one of the Vice Pro Soft balls and we both gave it a try. I wasn't too impressed, felt bad off driver and irons.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Well, I guess it’s my turn in the popcorn popper. I went to galaxygolf.com, and bought 4 doz. “Tour” balls for $112 delivered to my door. They arrived in two days!

let me begin with What a great ball!!!!! I’m kind of a PV1 snob, play almost every weekday, and I really couldn’t tell any difference. It’s long, and spins well. It’s definately a no brainer, just buy some. I got the tour, and not the X.

And, another convert!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Finally put a Maxfli ball in play! Wasn't really up for testing today as I was playing with a buddy, but I finally lost my last ProV1 and reached into my bag for the first sleeve I could grab... Tour X. Gotta say, I noticed a difference in feel which shouldn't be too surprising coming from the ProV1 but even compared to the Snell MTB-X I had been gaming for some time I think it felt a bit "clicky". Anway, it performed great for the few holes I played with it, and I can't wait for the chance to dive into a proper test!

• Like 4

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54* & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I gave out a sleeve of my tour before I called it quits in my round yesterday and the guy was surprised that I would do that but he liked what he saw when I was hitting it so if I could do anything good in my last round of the year it is give out some of these to covert more

• Like 5

On 8/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, Hobert said:

Wait, so I shouldn’t use the cart path in an attempt to inflate my driving distance stats?!?!?! 😬

I agree.  I have hit a couple of drives about 300 yards because I hit a specific cart path on my home course.  Almost could not find the ball either time.  Our rough is high and I almost did not look that far forward - could not see the drive hit the cart path from the tee.

Edited by HAC
  • :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • :titelist-small:  Pro V1 although I use Maxfli Tours during the offseason and other days when I am not playing well and don't want to lose Pro V1s.  

I just ordered two more dozen of the yellow Tour version for $60.00 (currently on sale) plus I had a $10.00 reward to apply so I'm a happy camper.  Dayuuuuuuuummmmm to good balls!💣

• Like 4

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo Hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons 4 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Evnroll
ER5v Midlock Hatchback Mallet 

Square Strike Wedge aka pocket picker

On 10/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Well I’ve got about 5 rounds in with the Maxfli Tour now, and still can only relate how impressed I am. It does everything well. Everything…. And at the price at basically $2 a ball, for a $5 ball, what’s not to love

Sluggo, wondering what your experience is on the feel of the Maxfli Tour compared to the ProV1? I got a test sleeve from a fitter and used them in my round yesterday. I have never played a ProV1 on the account that I still lose too many balls, but is is by far the best feeling golf ball I've ever used. I just can't justify putting them in play when I lose a few (or sometimes more depending on the day) golf balls per round. I know the Maxfli is super popular among MGS users. TIA!

• Like 1

Unofficial Craftsman Golf Head Cover Review

default_titelist-small.jpg TSi3 9* - Tensei White AV Raw Stiff Flex

default_taylormade-small.jpg Sim2 Max 15* - UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple 6F4

default_taylormade-small.jpg Burner Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18*

default_taylormade-small.jpg RSi 1 4-PW

default_taylormade-small.jpg Spider Tour Putter

4 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Sluggo, wondering what your experience is on the feel of the Maxfli Tour compared to the ProV1? I got a test sleeve from a fitter and used them in my round yesterday. I have never played a ProV1 on the account that I still lose too many balls, but is is by far the best feeling golf ball I've ever used. I just can't justify putting them in play when I lose a few (or sometimes more depending on the day) golf balls per round. I know the Maxfli is super popular among MGS users. TIA!

I found them to be maybe a hair softer? But that might be my imagination. What’s good is they spin very well, and they are long, maybe longer than pv1, but, these are non-quantified results. But, I sure wouldn’t spend money on pv’s when you can get these for less than half. And of blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Altho if blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to hit the ball anyways…

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

I found them to be maybe a hair softer? But that might be my imagination. What’s good is they spin very well, and they are long, maybe longer than pv1, but, these are non-quantified results. But, I sure wouldn’t spend money on pv’s when you can get these for less than half. And of blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Altho if blindfolded, I wouldn’t be able to hit the ball anyways…

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! The feel of the ProV1 was awesome, but I cannot drop $50/dozen. I was playing primarily a Velocity all summer and while it was a good ball, the stopping power on the greens with the pv1, even from 150+ out, was something I had never experienced. I just figured I wasn’t good enough but after the last couple rounds, losing that hop and stop/small roll out is something I don’t want. I don’t think I had ever had a ball check up before on an approach unless I launched my 56 two miles into the sky! And I can’t hit the ball well WITHOUT a blindfold 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! The feel of the ProV1 was awesome, but I cannot drop $50/dozen. I was playing primarily a Velocity all summer and while it was a good ball, the stopping power on the greens with the pv1, even from 150+ out, was something I had never experienced. I just figured I wasn’t good enough but after the last couple rounds, losing that hop and stop/small roll out is something I don’t want. I don’t think I had ever had a ball check up before on an approach unless I launched my 56 two miles into the sky! And I can’t hit the ball well WITHOUT a blindfold 🤣

Having played all three (among others) JN, you will see a night and day difference between the Velocity (which is a very good non-urethane ball) and the Maxfli Tour.  It is all about the spin and control when impacting the greens (full approach shots, as well as pitches and chips).  Also the Maxfli, like the ProV1 will have a different feel on the greens (I won't say better... to each their own... but different for sure).  As many have said on this forum... a Urethane covered "tour" ball isn't just for pro players... and with the Maxfli - you don't have to make the money a Tour player makes to play them without worrying when you unfortunately lose one (I'm sure not by errant shot in your case... you  know, when the group ahead picks up your ball by mistake or something 😉 ).  

Seriously though, the Maxfli Tour is a tour quality ball at nearly 1/2 the price.  

• Like 5
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

@Jnoble89a little more reading material for you 😉 

https://mygolfspy.com/maxfli-tour-and-tour-x-golf-balls/

• Like 1
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid

4 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Having played all three (among others) JN, you will see a night and day difference between the Velocity (which is a very good non-urethane ball) and the Maxfli Tour.  It is all about the spin and control when impacting the greens (full approach shots, as well as pitches and chips).  Also the Maxfli, like the ProV1 will have a different feel on the greens (I won't say better... to each their own... but different for sure).  As many have said on this forum... a Urethane covered "tour" ball isn't just for pro players... and with the Maxfli - you don't have to make the money a Tour player makes to play them without worrying when you unfortunately lose one (I'm sure not by errant shot in your case... you  know, when the group ahead picks up your ball by mistake or something 😉 ).  

Seriously though, the Maxfli Tour is a tour quality ball at nearly 1/2 the price.  

Thanks for your feedback, TCB! The two things I noticed immediately that had me saying "WOW" out loud on well struck shots were the feel and spin. For really the first time, I felt like I was able to at least try and attack pins more aggressively on my approach shots instead of playing it safe and only aiming to get on the green. I couldn't believe how much the ball was checking up. I am going to be putting the Maxfli Tour at the top of my Xmas list this year 🤩

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

@Jnoble89a little more reading material for you 😉 

https://mygolfspy.com/maxfli-tour-and-tour-x-golf-balls/

I also feel like I remember seeing something about an MGS special sale or something on the Maxfli golf balls last year or the year before? Sometime in the fall? Am I making that up? At $105/4 dozen they are already an awesome value, I know, but I just thought I'd ask!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I also feel like I remember seeing something about an MGS special sale or something on the Maxfli golf balls last year or the year before? Sometime in the fall? Am I making that up? At $105/4 dozen they are already an awesome value, I know, but I just thought I'd ask!

I don't recall any MGS special... other than maybe someone on the classifieds maybe selling some... but I could be wrong about that.

• Like 1
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid

6 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I almost think they might be a little longer than the pv1. I have hit some serious bombs with this ball. You can tell because you’re hitting a PW, or a 9 iron on holes you normally hit a longer iron… plus it’s always good to hear your playing partners say “big drive!”

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

3 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I almost think they might be a little longer than the pv1. I have hit some serious bombs with this ball. You can tell because you’re hitting a PW, or a 9 iron on holes you normally hit a longer iron… plus it’s always good to hear your playing partners say “big drive!”

... No serious bombs for me but doing head to head comparisons during several practice rounds the distance was similar with a slight edge to the Maxfli. Since I am not a robot a few drives were just a little longer with the ProV1 but on average the Maxfli Tour was longer and also produced the longest drives. I just can't see myself playing any other ball right now. 

• Like 4

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

I played a variety of chrome softs today just cuz they were hanging around in my bag, and while I had a really solid day, I didn’t at any point step back and think, “what a great ball”, like I’ve done with the MF tour. 

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I played a variety of chrome softs today just cuz they were hanging around in my bag, and while I had a really solid day, I didn’t at any point step back and think, “what a great ball”, like I’ve done with the MF tour. 

Funny I just did the same thing last week in a golf tournament. Scramble format so when I was going to do something adventurous, I used a few chrome softs. Plain and with triple track. I didn't want to lose a MF Tour in case the shot didn't work out as anticipated. They were just ok for me.  No wow factor.    

• Like 4

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"