Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Maxfli Tour

chisag

Apologies ahead of time if this chart/graph/YouTube video is out there, but I have been able to find it. 
Has MGS released any data document that graphs out the robot test longest ball for your swing speed with comparison of golf ball lab testing for an overall score. Just curious, because even though price is always a determining factor getting a dozen great balls is better than saving money and getting 9-10 good balls. Seen it? Thoughts?

D: :taylormade-small: Stealth - HZRD Smoke BLK 
3W: :titleist-small: TSR3 - :Fuji: TR 🔴
5W: :taylormade-small: Stealth  - :Fuji: 🔴
Irons: :titleist-small: T200 - Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 46/53/59
Putter: :scotty-small: Select Squareback 1.5 - 2018
Ball: :taylormade-small: Tour Response vs :titleist-small: AVX
Bag: Jones
Other: :Arccos:

11 minutes ago, thejestes said:

Apologies ahead of time if this chart/graph/YouTube video is out there, but I have been able to find it. 
Has MGS released any data document that graphs out the robot test longest ball for your swing speed with comparison of golf ball lab testing for an overall score. Just curious, because even though price is always a determining factor getting a dozen great balls is better than saving money and getting 9-10 good balls. Seen it? Thoughts?

I haven’t seen anything like that and while it would be easy to do, they don’t seem to allow the option to download the data, just and image of the data.  I’d suggest looking at the balls you are interested in from the ball test and the look them up in the ball lab summary to see how they rate.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’d suggest looking at the balls you are interested in from the ball test and the look them up in the ball lab summary to see how they rate.   

Yes sir that’s what I did, just was curious if it had been done for me. #lazy

D: :taylormade-small: Stealth - HZRD Smoke BLK 
3W: :titleist-small: TSR3 - :Fuji: TR 🔴
5W: :taylormade-small: Stealth  - :Fuji: 🔴
Irons: :titleist-small: T200 - Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 46/53/59
Putter: :scotty-small: Select Squareback 1.5 - 2018
Ball: :taylormade-small: Tour Response vs :titleist-small: AVX
Bag: Jones
Other: :Arccos:

Am I playing the wrong Maxfli? I'll give you my down low and let me know! 7 handicap, 105 driver swing speed. Medium ball flight but low spin with every thing, including the wedge. I couldn't spin a balata ball with a spin doctor wedge if I tried. I have been playing the Maxfli Tour and have have never tried the X. Based on what I've shared, would it make any difference? Average 7 iron is about 165 and PW is about 130.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, GaDawg said:

I have went to my local Dicks over 3 times in the last two weeks and they don't have the Maxfli Tour balls in stock. Spoke with the dept. manager and she didn't seem to care. I understand that I can order online, but just don't understand the PP customer service. I suppose that I am just an old fart.

They never have the yellow in stock so I ordered them online.  Free two day shipping and at $60.00 for two dozen plus I had a $30.00 rewards card all is good!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

20 hours ago, ole gray said:

They never have the yellow in stock so I ordered them online.  Free two day shipping and at $60.00 for two dozen plus I had a $30.00 rewards card all is good!

There seems to be an anti-yellow movement going on. I don't get it. The Maxfli has a shiny yellow. But, painted on I believe. Let us know how they play and match with the Halo's.

49 minutes ago, NC Golfer said:

There seems to be an anti-yellow movement going on. I don't get it. The Maxfli has a shiny yellow. But, painted on I believe. Let us know how they play and match with the Halo's.

According to Dean Snell, to do yellow properly it adds manufacturing costs and even though some of us prefer it, the sales volume may not justify the expense. I think Foremost spray the yellow on then the urethane is applied. Titleist, Snell and probably the other larger brands, use yellow surlyn under the urethane. 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, tschott said:

I thought about joining Team OnCore and was wondering if you thought the perks were worth the price. I may have to join next summer although don't need a golf bag. Thanks

On 11/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, tschott said:

I thought about joining Team OnCore and was wondering if you thought the perks were worth the price. I may have to join next summer although don't need a golf bag. Thanks

Me, I am just going to by the new Prov1's that I have tested in October and they have really improved.  Great bite and distance.  Love the feel off the face of the clubs and the pop off the irons, WOW.  They will be released in January but will hold out until the Loyalty program is announced around springtime.  Buy four dozen for the price of three.  If I was not a Titleist loyalist, as I am, and were seeking a lower priced ball, high handicapper, with not a fast swing, I would go with the Snell ball.  Mr Snell has 28 years experience in the arena.  He has worked with the best in developing a couple of the best balls around, the Titleist Tour Professional, Prov1 and the Taylormade Penta.  I played the Penta prior to going all in with the Prov1.  Just sayin' from experience.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

On 12/2/2022 at 10:59 AM, cardia10 said:

Am I playing the wrong Maxfli? I'll give you my down low and let me know! 7 handicap, 105 driver swing speed. Medium ball flight but low spin with every thing, including the wedge. I couldn't spin a balata ball with a spin doctor wedge if I tried. I have been playing the Maxfli Tour and have have never tried the X. Based on what I've shared, would it make any difference? Average 7 iron is about 165 and PW is about 130.

The X is going to spin a couple hundred rpm more than standard, so it sounds like it might be worth checking out. The regular Tour is a relatively low-spin ball within its category, so switching to nearly any other ball (except for Chrome Soft or the mid-tier urethanes like Tour Response) should up your spin.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 12/2/2022 at 9:59 AM, cardia10 said:

I have played both and prefer the X but my club head speed is significantly lower than yours.  More green side spin/stopping power.  A bit higher ball flight off the tee.  Firmer feel (and clicker sound) off the putter.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

11 hours ago, CarlH said:

I have played both and prefer the X but my club head speed is significantly lower than yours.  More green side spin/stopping power.  A bit higher ball flight off the tee.  Firmer feel (and clicker sound) off the putter.  

I’ll have to give the X a try. I will say when hit perfectly, I have some of my longest drives ever with the tour but I think I give up a ton of spin on approaches and around the green. 

• 2 weeks later...

The maxfli tour x will be my ball until the price equals the prov1x. Although the Prov1x is 3-5 yards longer off the driver, and spins 200 rpm more on partial wedge shots, that doesn’t justify paying twice the cost.  Ball flies and spins identically off the irons for me. Can’t tell the difference off the putter either. I literally tell everyone I play with about maxfli’s: my playing pards are sick of it!

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV