Maxfli Tour

chisag

3 hours ago, tschott said:

I thought about joining Team OnCore and was wondering if you thought the perks were worth the price. I may have to join next summer although don't need a golf bag. Thanks

“Value” is a subjective term, for sure! I think that Club OnCore provides decent value if you buy a lot of their golf balls and maybe take advantage of a couple of their “partner offers” (e.g. Edison wedges). If not, it probably doesn’t make good financial sense.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

7 hours ago, tschott said:

I understand what you're saying but when you can spend less and get a quality product it only makes sense to give them all a try. Based on your comments I know I won't change your mind. There are some companies out there that offer great products and sell direct to the consumer, OnCore, Sub 70, New Level to name a few that give you a great product and save you money to play more golf. Enjoy your retirement and have an open mind on some of the other equipment. 

As a former businessman I have "never" paid retail on anything over the years and that continues into retirement.  You either make good friends or work for companies that afford you discount opportunities.  Never have had a closed mind when it comes to saving money.  I respect everyone's choices and most play what they choose to afford.   

• Like 3

Titleist

DRIVER - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR S   

FAIRWAY - TSi2 15.75* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 S

HYBRID - 816H1 19.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

HYBRID - 818H1 23.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

IRONS - T300 (2019) - 5-W - True Temper AMT Red 107g-95gm R300

WEDGES - VOKEY SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94gm R300                                      Backup Wedge - VOKEY SM7 - 58.12D (Snow flaked "Z" ) - N.S. PRO 950GH R300       

***  GolfPride MC+4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges) 

PRIMARY PUTTER -  2020 CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT CUSTOM  - 35" Newport 2 w/GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip                                                                                                                                                    

Backup Putter - 2022 PING - 35" PLD - Black Matte Milled Anser w/ GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip

GOLF BALL - TITLEIST - 2023 Prov1s

GOLF BAG - TITLEIST - Black Cart 14 and Midsize Tour Bag Black/Black/Red w/name and TT logo 

Footjoy | Mike Fay GolfGolf Glove, Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear 

Industry Day at the Range - Bushnell Optics Rangefinder - Pro XE

I've added the Tour to my bag for fall/winter rounds and it's a more than acceptable ball for the use.  I do notice that I am losing about 10 yards on a drive and can't get it to spin around the greens like a ProV1.  My handicap has gone up from 5.5 to 5.9 since I made the switch but I'm not losing a $4 ball in a pile of leaves twice a round either.  

The Tour is sensitive to the wind to be sure.

Not sure that the side stamp really does anything other than serve as an alignment tool.  I've always used the logo on the ball to line up a putt, so the side stamp is just something else on any given ball.

I'll probably go back to the ProV1 in the spring when the weather heats up (or I sneak off to Florida for a round over the winter) but this is clearly the best ball in the DTC world by far.  

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

... Had another awesome experience last round with an ex Boise State college player. He hit the ball so far and just soooo high, even his wedges which surprised me, but he was very accurate. He was a good example for those that think they hit it too high as I hit a high ball but he was just much higher. Watching him hit a 4 iron for 235 that was just insanely high was a real treat. What I need/want in a golf ball and what he needs/wants is two different things. I want to maximize my distance while controlling the spin and the Maxfli Tour does the best job of any ball I have played. Blake has used several editions of the ProV1/X after his college coach had them experiment with different balls to find what worked best for them. He had never hit a Maxfli and I offered him one and he declined saying he was comfortable with his ball and spin. Amen. 

... For someone hitting the ball so far/high I was amazed at how his irons/wedges hit, hopped and then spun back a few inches. Never excessive spin, which he hates and calls uncontrollable. It is always interesting to play with someone much better than you and he shot an easy 65 from the tips with iron 2nd shot into every par 5.  As we all know "he plays a game I am not familiar with" certainly applied. On a hole with a slight downhill slope so you can't see where drives end up, he hit a 3 wood and I hit my best drive of the day from the next tees up. He said "Well you outdrove me on that one!" and gave me knuckles. When we got to the balls, the one 10 yds farther was his! I reprimanded him for not letting an old dude outdrive him on just one hole and he said "At least I tried". 🤪

• Like 8

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: RBZ Tour Hybrid 21.5* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '23

• Like 3

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Taylormade Hi Toe 54* & 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

I have went to my local Dicks over 3 times in the last two weeks and they don't have the Maxfli Tour balls in stock. Spoke with the dept. manager and she didn't seem to care. I understand that I can order online, but just don't understand the PP customer service. I suppose that I am just an old fart.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: 4 - PW King Forged Tec with Aerotech Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 or Maxfli Tour

9 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I have went to my local Dicks over 3 times in the last two weeks and they don't have the Maxfli Tour balls in stock. Spoke with the dept. manager and she didn't seem to care. I understand that I can order online, but just don't understand the PP customer service. I suppose that I am just an old fart.

I've received similar reactions at both Dick's and Golf Galaxy on pretty much any item they're out of stock on; balls, grips, etc.

• Like 1

PXG 0211  12*  Paderson Kinetixx A flex

PXG 0211 5 and 7 Woods  Paderson Kinetixx A Flex

PXG 0211 5 and 5 Hybrids  MMT A Flex

Cobra 7 Hybrid  A Flex

PXG 8,9,PW,GW Vista Pro A Flex

Cleveland CBX 54/12

Edel EAS 4 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft

34 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

... Well, you and I are old farts but that doesn't make us wrong to expect some common courtesy. After all we are doing Dicks a favor, not the other way around and we can buy other balls at another store or as you said, online. She should have at a minimum offered to order them for you and had them shipped to your home. OR taken your number and called you when they came in, honoring the current price. You have been around long enough to know if you enjoy your job you don't have to work a day in your life. Understanding and making your customers happy should bring some joy to someone that sounds like she is just punching a clock. 

• Like 1

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: RBZ Tour Hybrid 21.5* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '23

On 11/7/2022 at 5:14 PM, ChuckZ said:

Never heard of OnCore.  Time to purchase the premium Titleist balls "will be" in the upcoming loyalty program which will kick off in the spring of 2023.  By four dozen and pay for three thru Titleist accounts.  A great deal and saves you a great deal.  Having test the new Prov1s and Prov1xs, I will definitely stocking up on the new Prov1s.  Out perform the Prov1x left dash when it comes to distance.  Stocked up on the left dash and started using it, but when I tested the new Prov1, I changed my mind based on the results.   Have played the Prov1, after being fitted for it many years ago, and with the new ball looks like I am staying with it.   

Mmm. Interesting point in there about the new Pro V1’s distance vs left dash. Hmmmmm. I hated left dash, played V1X for a few years, moved to Z Star last year. I’m going to need to try the new V1…

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, GaDawg said:

Dick's (and Golf Galaxy) is strictly a corporate retailer just like Target or Walmart. Everything - products, inventory, and pricing - is controlled at the corporate level. Technically the local store isn't allowed to override the going corporate price and you certainly can't negotiate a price even on the big ticket items like fitness equipment (the store manager can approve a small discount to resolve customer service issues). There is also no commission, so it doesn't matter if they don't have it in stock. That person is just there to work the floor and earn their hourly wage. There's no incentive to upsell or convert you into a loyal customer. No matter how much they like to broadcast their support of local youth athletics, the connection from corporate to customer is 100% soulless.

All that said, the Maxfli Tour is still my ball.

• Like 3

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

Apologies ahead of time if this chart/graph/YouTube video is out there, but I have been able to find it. 
Has MGS released any data document that graphs out the robot test longest ball for your swing speed with comparison of golf ball lab testing for an overall score. Just curious, because even though price is always a determining factor getting a dozen great balls is better than saving money and getting 9-10 good balls. Seen it? Thoughts?

D: :taylormade-small: Stealth - HZRD Smoke BLK 
3W: :titleist-small: TSR3 - :Fuji: TR 🔴
5W: :taylormade-small: Stealth  - :Fuji: 🔴
Irons: :titleist-small: T200 - Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 46/53/59
Putter: :scotty-small: Select Squareback 1.5 - 2018
Ball: :taylormade-small: Tour Response vs :titleist-small: AVX
Bag: Jones
Other: :Arccos:

11 minutes ago, thejestes said:

Apologies ahead of time if this chart/graph/YouTube video is out there, but I have been able to find it. 
Has MGS released any data document that graphs out the robot test longest ball for your swing speed with comparison of golf ball lab testing for an overall score. Just curious, because even though price is always a determining factor getting a dozen great balls is better than saving money and getting 9-10 good balls. Seen it? Thoughts?

I haven’t seen anything like that and while it would be easy to do, they don’t seem to allow the option to download the data, just and image of the data.  I’d suggest looking at the balls you are interested in from the ball test and the look them up in the ball lab summary to see how they rate.   

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’d suggest looking at the balls you are interested in from the ball test and the look them up in the ball lab summary to see how they rate.   

Yes sir that’s what I did, just was curious if it had been done for me. #lazy

• Like 1

D: :taylormade-small: Stealth - HZRD Smoke BLK 
3W: :titleist-small: TSR3 - :Fuji: TR 🔴
5W: :taylormade-small: Stealth  - :Fuji: 🔴
Irons: :titleist-small: T200 - Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 46/53/59
Putter: :scotty-small: Select Squareback 1.5 - 2018
Ball: :taylormade-small: Tour Response vs :titleist-small: AVX
Bag: Jones
Other: :Arccos:

Am I playing the wrong Maxfli? I'll give you my down low and let me know! 7 handicap, 105 driver swing speed. Medium ball flight but low spin with every thing, including the wedge. I couldn't spin a balata ball with a spin doctor wedge if I tried. I have been playing the Maxfli Tour and have have never tried the X. Based on what I've shared, would it make any difference? Average 7 iron is about 165 and PW is about 130.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, GaDawg said:

They never have the yellow in stock so I ordered them online.  Free two day shipping and at $60.00 for two dozen plus I had a $30.00 rewards card all is good!

• Like 3

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo Hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX ZipCore 48 52 & 56 Degree Wedges
Seemore  SBC20  Platinum Putter

20 hours ago, ole gray said:

They never have the yellow in stock so I ordered them online.  Free two day shipping and at $60.00 for two dozen plus I had a $30.00 rewards card all is good!

There seems to be an anti-yellow movement going on. I don't get it. The Maxfli has a shiny yellow. But, painted on I believe. Let us know how they play and match with the Halo's.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NC Golfer said:

There seems to be an anti-yellow movement going on. I don't get it. The Maxfli has a shiny yellow. But, painted on I believe. Let us know how they play and match with the Halo's.

According to Dean Snell, to do yellow properly it adds manufacturing costs and even though some of us prefer it, the sales volume may not justify the expense. I think Foremost spray the yellow on then the urethane is applied. Titleist, Snell and probably the other larger brands, use yellow surlyn under the urethane. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, tschott said:

I thought about joining Team OnCore and was wondering if you thought the perks were worth the price. I may have to join next summer although don't need a golf bag. Thanks

On 11/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, tschott said:

Me, I am just going to by the new Prov1's that I have tested in October and they have really improved.  Great bite and distance.  Love the feel off the face of the clubs and the pop off the irons, WOW.  They will be released in January but will hold out until the Loyalty program is announced around springtime.  Buy four dozen for the price of three.  If I was not a Titleist loyalist, as I am, and were seeking a lower priced ball, high handicapper, with not a fast swing, I would go with the Snell ball.  Mr Snell has 28 years experience in the arena.  He has worked with the best in developing a couple of the best balls around, the Titleist Tour Professional, Prov1 and the Taylormade Penta.  I played the Penta prior to going all in with the Prov1.  Just sayin' from experience.  

• Like 1

Titleist

DRIVER - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR S   

FAIRWAY - TSi2 15.75* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 S

HYBRID - 816H1 19.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

HYBRID - 818H1 23.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

IRONS - T300 (2019) - 5-W - True Temper AMT Red 107g-95gm R300

WEDGES - VOKEY SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94gm R300                                      Backup Wedge - VOKEY SM7 - 58.12D (Snow flaked "Z" ) - N.S. PRO 950GH R300       

***  GolfPride MC+4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges) 

PRIMARY PUTTER -  2020 CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT CUSTOM  - 35" Newport 2 w/GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip                                                                                                                                                    

Backup Putter - 2022 PING - 35" PLD - Black Matte Milled Anser w/ GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip

GOLF BALL - TITLEIST - 2023 Prov1s

GOLF BAG - TITLEIST - Black Cart 14 and Midsize Tour Bag Black/Black/Red w/name and TT logo 

Footjoy | Mike Fay GolfGolf Glove, Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear 

Industry Day at the Range - Bushnell Optics Rangefinder - Pro XE

On 12/2/2022 at 10:59 AM, cardia10 said:

Am I playing the wrong Maxfli? I'll give you my down low and let me know! 7 handicap, 105 driver swing speed. Medium ball flight but low spin with every thing, including the wedge. I couldn't spin a balata ball with a spin doctor wedge if I tried. I have been playing the Maxfli Tour and have have never tried the X. Based on what I've shared, would it make any difference? Average 7 iron is about 165 and PW is about 130.

The X is going to spin a couple hundred rpm more than standard, so it sounds like it might be worth checking out. The regular Tour is a relatively low-spin ball within its category, so switching to nearly any other ball (except for Chrome Soft or the mid-tier urethanes like Tour Response) should up your spin.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 9.5* with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 54* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s, :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago

Ball: Maxfli Tour, ProV1, Left Dash
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed: and Fit for Golf 

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

On 12/2/2022 at 9:59 AM, cardia10 said:

I have played both and prefer the X but my club head speed is significantly lower than yours.  More green side spin/stopping power.  A bit higher ball flight off the tee.  Firmer feel (and clicker sound) off the putter.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug