Maxfli Tour

chisag

On 2/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, jared52 said:

A story: I pride myself in playing balls I find. I don’t play them if they are cut, but scuffs are typically fine. Is shoot anywhere from 85-95, have a driver swing speed from 100 to 110, and usually lose about 3 to 5 balls a round. I play balls I find because of the last part of that statement. I hate wasting money. 

A couple of days ago I started thinking that maybe I should try playing with new balls to see if I can keep them in play. Of course I love playing Pro V1s I find, but I’m not shelling out $50 for 12. Earlier this year, I saw that MGS had a 40% deal for the Maxfli Balls and I was almost about to buy the 48-count box but bailed. Man do I regret that. Last night, I did more reading up on the Maxfli Tours including reading this thread and decided to grab the 2 dozen for $60 deal (would have been that much for 48 a couple of months ago). This morning my 10-year-old son and I hit the course for 18. 

My first ball went into the fairway to the left of the hole I was on, but it was straight as an arrow, I just pulled it. I then took a breakfast ball and put it right where I wanted. 

I’ll spare you the details of the whole round but will say this. I don’t think I played a lot better than normal (I didn’t keep score today, I just had one goal in mind which I’ll get to soon), but I think my drives were a bit straighter, and as long as ones I hit with Pro V1s (between 250-260 probably). I missed some fairways like normal, but only had one bad slice trying to hit a big drive on 16. I used the CG alignment on the tee and I loved that. It gave me confidence I was lined up properly. I was my typically bad self around the greens, but putted OK. 

Going into the round I had one goal, don’t lose a ball. Not just because I am cheap but I knew that would improve my performance and keep me from getting frustrated. She had some adventures flirting with a lake, going in a creek (but not where I couldn’t get it with a retriever) and visiting the edge of the woods a couple of times. However when the last clip-clop of the cup sounded, she was there waiting for me to bring her home. 

I’ve never played 18 with the same ball, and I’m not saying the ball is magic. If you hit it bad, it’s gonna be bad. But I’m very, very happy with the decision and I hope they go on sale again because I’m going to stock up on these suckers. 

Yesterday I returned a hat for a friend and received the $10 off coupon. Picked up two dozen for $50.

I was one of the MGS testers this year and I'm still using the  Tour balls after nearly 5 months out of the original 12 I have 9 left, play twice or 3 time a week. But once the box is gone it is back to my old Gamer since you can't get them in Europe.

• Like 3

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

42 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I'm still using the  Tour balls after nearly 5 months out of the original 12 I have 9 left, play twice or 3 time a week

ok, that is impressive.

If my math is correct, that is 3 balls in 50 rounds, or 16.67 rounds per ball (or 300 holes per ball).  Don't burst my bubble that you also use other balls when you play, I want to stay in awe. 😉

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour

26 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

ok, that is impressive.

If my math is correct, that is 3 balls in 50 rounds, or 16.67 rounds per ball (or 300 holes per ball).  Don't burst my bubble that you also use other balls when you play, I want to stay in awe. 😉

Those numbers do look impressive but reflecting back I can only remember losing one ball in the last 3 months. My course is on a Winter setup at the moment only playing about 4400 yds compare to the normal 6200 in the summer, so I'm playing very few long irons and also the rough has died back quite a bit. You can still lose balls if you're wild. I think it is also s tribute to the ball's durability because I won't play with badly marked balls.

In summer it is a different story I'm usually losing a ball around.

• Like 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

27 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I think it is also s tribute to the ball's durability because I won't play with badly marked balls.

Awesome Alf.  You answered my next question about durability.  I wish my course played to 4400... but I would still lose 1-2 balls a round... haha.  Keep up the good play... too bad Maxfli isn't more readily available in your neck of the woods, it is a gamer that ranks up there with any others in my opinion.  Let me know if you would like to arrange a package sent from Houston Texas... 🙂

• Like 1

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Awesome Alf.  You answered my next question about durability.  I wish my course played to 4400... but I would still lose 1-2 balls a round... haha.  Keep up the good play... too bad Maxfli isn't more readily available in your neck of the woods, it is a gamer that ranks up there with any others in my opinion.  Let me know if you would like to arrange a package sent from Houston Texas... 🙂

I can attest to the durability as well. Since testing in July I had the same sleeve in play for 4 months. Still have two from the same sleeve left to start off next season. I put a sleeve of yellow in play after the 4 months for contrast against the dormant grass. Still have all three but only got to play all of December and January 1st with those. Then winter hit. Normally play twice a week. I lost the one ball in September. The ball fell out of my pocket someplace. But the balls still look real good. I'm impressed. 

• Like 5

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

I agree with everything said above about these balls.  I normally play Z Star or ProV1 and normally avoid "X" models because of the feel putting.  I gave the Tour X a try and I will say they are really good, not too clicky off wedges or putters.  Good distance and the cover seems to last forever.  Used one ball for 18 holes and it was still shiney and no sucffs. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M6 - D Type - Driver

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W

Ping G410 4h, 5H

Cleveland HB Turbo 6i

Taylormade P790 7-A

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58

Scotty Cameron Special Select Del Mar

Srixon Z-Star

On 2/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, jared52 said:

A story: I pride myself in playing balls I find. I don’t play them if they are cut, but scuffs are typically fine. Is shoot anywhere from 85-95, have a driver swing speed from 100 to 110, and usually lose about 3 to 5 balls a round. I play balls I find because of the last part of that statement. I hate wasting money. 

A couple of days ago I started thinking that maybe I should try playing with new balls to see if I can keep them in play. Of course I love playing Pro V1s I find, but I’m not shelling out $50 for 12. Earlier this year, I saw that MGS had a 40% deal for the Maxfli Balls and I was almost about to buy the 48-count box but bailed. Man do I regret that. Last night, I did more reading up on the Maxfli Tours including reading this thread and decided to grab the 2 dozen for $60 deal (would have been that much for 48 a couple of months ago). This morning my 10-year-old son and I hit the course for 18. 

My first ball went into the fairway to the left of the hole I was on, but it was straight as an arrow, I just pulled it. I then took a breakfast ball and put it right where I wanted. 

I’ll spare you the details of the whole round but will say this. I don’t think I played a lot better than normal (I didn’t keep score today, I just had one goal in mind which I’ll get to soon), but I think my drives were a bit straighter, and as long as ones I hit with Pro V1s (between 250-260 probably). I missed some fairways like normal, but only had one bad slice trying to hit a big drive on 16. I used the CG alignment on the tee and I loved that. It gave me confidence I was lined up properly. I was my typically bad self around the greens, but putted OK. 

Going into the round I had one goal, don’t lose a ball. Not just because I am cheap but I knew that would improve my performance and keep me from getting frustrated. She had some adventures flirting with a lake, going in a creek (but not where I couldn’t get it with a retriever) and visiting the edge of the woods a couple of times. However when the last clip-clop of the cup sounded, she was there waiting for me to bring her home. 

I’ve never played 18 with the same ball, and I’m not saying the ball is magic. If you hit it bad, it’s gonna be bad. But I’m very, very happy with the decision and I hope they go on sale again because I’m going to stock up on these suckers. 

Congrats on the big accomplishment! It's no easy feat to keep it in play for all 18. Now you know you can do it, so do it again!!!

• Like 2

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Congrats on the big accomplishment! It's no easy feat to keep it in play for all 18. Now you know you can do it, so do it again!!!

Great job. Celebrate those successes jared52..

• Like 1

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Odessey 7

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up some of the previous gen Maxfli Tours at the end of last season and really liked them. This thread made me aware of the 4 dozen for $104 deal and now a box is sitting at Golf galaxy waiting for me to pick them up. 😃

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

Maxfli Tour

15 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I picked up some of the previous gen Maxfli Tours at the end of last season and really liked them. This thread made me aware of the 4 dozen for $104 deal and now a box is sitting at Golf galaxy waiting for me to pick them up. 😃

... You will enjoy playing them at Tanglewood Park! 

• Love 1

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You will enjoy playing them at Tanglewood Park! 

I do need to get back to Tanglewood soon! Most of the folks I have been playing with recently live closer to Greensboro so we have been playing courses more centrally located.

Edited by Hobert

Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, Hobert said:

I do need to get back to Tanglewood soon! Most of the folks I have been playing with recently live closer to Greensboro so we have been playing courses more centrally located.

... I grew up in Greensboro but didn't play golf til I moved to Chicago. But Tanglewood, Bryan Park Champions, Jamestown Park and Greensboro National were some of my favorites when I visited my folks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I grew up in Greensboro but didn't play golf til I moved to Chicago. But Tanglewood, Bryan Park Champions, Jamestown Park and Greensboro National were some of my favorites when I visited my folks. 

Very cool! I played Jamestown Park for the first time on President's Day. I really enjoyed it (although I did get confused on a Par 3 on the back and hit it to 10 feet on the WRONG green 😬). Tanglewood is fun (I like hitting up the Par 3 course with my kids as well). I used to be a member at Oak Valley, also a fun track. If you are ever in town and need a 4th...

Edited by Hobert
  • Like 1

Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Very cool! I played Jamestown Park for the first time on President's Day. I really enjoyed it (although I did get confused on a Par 3 on the back and hit it to 10 feet on the WRONG green 😬). Tanglewood is fun (I like hitting up the Par 3 course with my kids as well). I used to be a member at Oak Valley, also a fun track. If you are ever in town and need a 4th...

... Thanks for the invite but my parents moved to Hilton Head. Glad you got to play it, Jamestown is such a fun little park district course. 

• Like 1

I also switched to the Maxfli Tour. I have been playing Vice Soft for years, but after reading the test results on MGS, I gave the Maxfli a try. Right now it is my "go to" ball. I also played the Revolution back in it's day. It's good to see Maxfli back in the game.

• Like 4

Sub70 849D Driver

Ping G415 3 Wood

Callaway Epic 5 Wood

Ping G415 22* Hybrid

Sub70 699 irons

Aerotech Steel Fiber I70 graphite shafts an NO1 50 grips

Sub70 286 Forged wedges 54* and 60*

Evnroll ER2 putter...... whichever one is working that day on the practice green

True Pro Lux and True Links Knit shoes

I play the Maxfli Tour X and have done so for about two years now.  Just hope Dick's sticks with making these great balls.  I'm concerned that their limited distribution (Dick's, Golf Galaxy) may not produce a high enough volume to keep everyone happy.  This ball ought to be available everywhere balls are sold but we all know it won't because of the good ole boy golf network.

Meanwhile, let's spread the word!

• Like 2

PXG GEN 4 Driver 0811 X

:cobra-small:  Cobra F8 Fairway Woods, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8

:mizuno-small:  Mizuno Hot Metal JPC 921 Irons

PXG O211 V42 Putter

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball

🇺🇸

17 minutes ago, 6 Million Dollar Man said:

I play the Maxfli Tour X and have done so for about two years now.  Just hope Dick's sticks with making these great balls.  I'm concerned that their limited distribution (Dick's, Golf Galaxy) may not produce a high enough volume to keep everyone happy.  This ball ought to be available everywhere balls are sold but we all know it won't because of the good ole boy golf network.

Meanwhile, let's spread the word!

Agreed.  And tell me your name is Steve Austin and you officially have my favorite user name on this site!!  😉

• Haha 3

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

I've been playing Snell MTB-X for years but my wife grabbed me 12 Maxfli Tour X, using the MGS discount, as she was picking up some Maxfli Tour for a nephew's Xmas present.  The Tour X is a legit ball.  Better than legit.  It's amazing.  I've been raving about them for two months, due to the distance, spin, and durability, but none of my friends believe me.  Eight rounds of golf and I have 5 left, with two boxes of Snells in the closet, but I'll game those Maxfli Tour X after that.  It's that good.  I just hope they keep making them and at that price.  

• Like 4

Driver:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 9° Driver w/ ALTA CB 55 Stiff (60g)

3W:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-wood 14.5* w/ Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff (71g)

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G425 MAX 3-hybrid 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid Tour Stiff 85 (84g)

Irons:   :ping-small: i210 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Wedges:   :ping-small: Glide 3.0 50/54/58 SS Grind w/ KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Grips:  Golf Pride Midsize Tour Wrap 2G Black

Putter:   :cameron-small: Phantom X 8.5 w/ Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro

Ball:  Maxfli Tour X

Bag:   :ping-small:  2021 Pioneer Cart Bag

Cart:  :Clicgear:  Model 3.5