Jump to content

Maxfli Tour


chisag

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Agreed.  And tell me your name is Steve Austin and you officially have my favorite user name on this site!!  😉

And I though I was everyone's favorite (name and personality). I'm keeping my eye on you this season! 

IMG_1840(1).jpg.be9bd71b36213169826a09fc51e00276.jpg

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, chisag said:

... MGS Ball Testing says Titleist ProV1 sets the standard for quality and performance and I doubt anyone can find any fault with that claim. After playing about 10 rounds with Maxfli Tour balls, I put some ProV1's into play for 5 rounds then went back to Maxfli Tours for another 10. At my level of play, I just can't tell much difference if any at all. The Maxfli Tour is just so good at everything and the only difference I might have seen is the ProV1 is just a little more durable. I bought 2 dozen Maxfli Tours for $60 after MGS gave them such high marks and then went back and took advantage of the 4 dozen for $104 deal. That's 4 dozen Maxfli Tour for the cost of 2 dozen ProV1's so for non tour players that don't get balls for free, if you play 5 times a week and even once a week that is a substantial savings for balls that I can honestly not tell apart. 

... I also always use the CG alignment on the tee and on the greens but do not "line up putts", I just make sure it is pretty much in the direction I am hitting/putting. I really can't say if it makes any difference but if Maxfli went through the trouble to find the CG, I figure why not use it. At the moment I think it is the best ball deal going. 





1886513593_MTBalls.JPG.0fde2238ab5892e99a2f99c16370b948.JPG

Bought the 2 doz for $60 towards end of last season and will probably continue assuming Maxfli continues such pricing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Agreed.  And tell me your name is Steve Austin and you officially have my favorite user name on this site!!  😉

Ha ha!  Afraid not.  Got the username by getting several operations in a short span of time.  Family started calling me bionic!

Edited by 6 Million Dollar Man
  • Like 1

PXG GEN 4 Driver 0811 X

:cobra-small:  Cobra F8 Fairway Woods, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8

:mizuno-small:  Mizuno Hot Metal JPC 921 Irons

:1332069271_TommyArmour: #2 Wide Body Putter

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball

🇺🇸

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 6 Million Dollar Man said:

Got the username by getting several operations in a short span of time.  Family started calling me bionic!

That is an even better reason!!  Love it.   I can just hear the "bionic" sound effects as you are hitting your drives... I may be showing my age...  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

  • Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 8:14 PM, Tiftaaft said:

Awesome Alf.  You answered my next question about durability.  I wish my course played to 4400... but I would still lose 1-2 balls a round... haha.  Keep up the good play... too bad Maxfli isn't more readily available in your neck of the woods, it is a gamer that ranks up there with any others in my opinion.  Let me know if you would like to arrange a package sent from Houston Texas... 🙂

Since the post I've given it a real go to try and lose one of these and haven't been able to do it. The same ball I've hit into gorse twice and hit it off the OB wall today. Found it and played on!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Since the post I've given it a real go to try and lose one of these and haven't been able to do it. The same ball I've hit into gorse twice and hit it off the OB wall today. Found it and played on!

That ball is Mystical!!!   Nice!!! Not only did you find it, but it saved you a few strokes!!  haha

  • Like 1

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

  • Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw that the 4 pack of Maxfli Tour/Tour X were available at Golf Galaxy for $104.  No special codes required.

  • Like 5

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50*/54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I saw that the 4 pack of Maxfli Tour/Tour X were available at Golf Galaxy for $104.  No special codes required.

Used to be available only on line.  I saw them the other day. Quite the value.

  • Like 2

PXG GEN 4 Driver 0811 X

:cobra-small:  Cobra F8 Fairway Woods, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8

:mizuno-small:  Mizuno Hot Metal JPC 921 Irons

:1332069271_TommyArmour: #2 Wide Body Putter

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball

🇺🇸

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tour's are great balls in performance but also durable. This ball I have played for the past 4 rounds, it has seen the woods more than once, hit a couple of cart paths on the fly and took a direct hit on a tree trunk at 40 yds. from my 1 iron. I think that might be the one mark that is visible. Still plays great but has lost that "new" ball feel so it has earned retirement. Love the ball.

Tour3.jpg

Tour4.jpg

Tour1.jpg

Tour2.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Larryw said:

Tour's are great balls in performance but also durable. This ball I have played for the past 4 rounds, it has seen the woods more than once, hit a couple of cart paths on the fly and took a direct hit on a tree trunk at 40 yds. from my 1 iron. I think that might be the one mark that is visible. Still plays great but has lost that "new" ball feel so it has earned retirement. Love the ball.

Tour3.jpg

Tour4.jpg

Tour1.jpg

Tour2.jpg

Larry, Not sure if I'm more impressed with the durability of the Maxfli, the fact that you, like many others play multiple rounds with the same ball (as I continue to rinse mine in the lake every chance I get), or.... that you are carrying a 1 iron... AND PLAYING IT!.    I am definitely in the wrong hobby!!  haha.

  • Like 2

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

  • Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've played the Tour and they spun a little too much for me and were not good in the wind. I do like the X a lot.

I just wish they made the Tour X in yellow.

  • Like 2

 :taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just stopped by Golf Galaxy at lunch.  Noticed they had "prior season" Maxfli Tour and Tour X marked at 2 for $45...   But the boxes below the sign were the new versions.  They rang up at 2 for $60, and as a courtesy I let the sales associate know the sign has a different price.  He offered to honor the deal (though would only agree to 2 boxes at that price... I was ready to stock up).  I'll take it.  If I was Alf, or Larry, those two boxes would last me like 5 years! 🙂

  • Like 5

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

  • Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't tried the new Maxfli offering yet but back in the day, way back, my go to ball of choice was the Maxfli Balata. Currently using the Callaway chrome Soft X LS but once the season starts I'll certainly give these a try. Here's hoping the "good" Maxfli days are back.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only wish that GG would have had the yellow balls in the 4 dozen/$104 sale, not just the white ones.  Maybe some day...

  • Like 3

PXG 0211  12*  Paderson Kinetixx A flex

PXG 0211 5 and 7 Woods  Paderson Kinetixx A Flex

PXG 0211 5 and 5 Hybrids  MMT A Flex

Cobra 7 Hybrid  A Flex

PXG 8,9,PW,GW Vista Pro A Flex

Cleveland CBX 54/12

Cobra Vintage Nova 33"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bossman said:

Haven't tried the new Maxfli offering yet but back in the day, way back, my go to ball of choice was the Maxfli Balata. Currently using the Callaway chrome Soft X LS but once the season starts I'll certainly give these a try. Here's hoping the "good" Maxfli days are back.

If you can get them! Not sold in Europe never mind Eaglesham I'm afraid, might be able to get them on eBay!

  • Like 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Just stopped by Golf Galaxy at lunch.  Noticed they had "prior season" Maxfli Tour and Tour X marked at 2 for $45...   But the boxes below the sign were the new versions.  They rang up at 2 for $60, and as a courtesy I let the sales associate know the sign has a different price.  He offered to honor the deal (though would only agree to 2 boxes at that price... I was ready to stock up).  I'll take it.  If I was Alf, or Larry, those two boxes would last me like 5 years! 🙂

I picked those up as well, but online. And at $22/dozen+free ship it was hard to pass up. And they come in yellow! I'm really looking forward to trying this ball out given all the great praise and MGS test results. I worked for DSG from 05-08 and at that time anything that was their house brand was super janky. Glad to see their finally putting something out that is worth it.

  • Like 6

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, chisag said:

... MGS Ball Testing says Titleist ProV1 sets the standard for quality and performance and I doubt anyone can find any fault with that claim. After playing about 10 rounds with Maxfli Tour balls, I put some ProV1's into play for 5 rounds then went back to Maxfli Tours for another 10. At my level of play, I just can't tell much difference if any at all. The Maxfli Tour is just so good at everything and the only difference I might have seen is the ProV1 is just a little more durable. I bought 2 dozen Maxfli Tours for $60 after MGS gave them such high marks and then went back and took advantage of the 4 dozen for $104 deal. That's 4 dozen Maxfli Tour for the cost of 2 dozen ProV1's so for non tour players that don't get balls for free, if you play 5 times a week and even once a week that is a substantial savings for balls that I can honestly not tell apart. 

If you want to make the deal even better, you can sign up for their text rewards and you’ll get a $20 off $100 reward. I did that and used it to get the box of 4 dozen for $84 plus tax. I was very pleased with myself. 😉

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 10.5º (Mitsubishi Diamana PD Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Driving Iron: Taylormade Stealth DHY 2 (Aldila Ascent Graphite Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-Gap (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7S Stiff)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200) Vokey SM8 56º 10S (AMT Black Wedge Flex)

Putter: Odyssey Eleven Stroke Lab (Center Shaft)

Ball: MaxFli Tour X CG, Taylormade Tour Response Stripe, Titleist AVX

Fitted for all clubs from irons on up.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Must just be but I do not get the same stop on my chips with the Tour X as I do with my BXS, I would say driver was longer and the ball does jump off the club but I'm to used to that one bite and stop that 5 more yards isn't that important.

  • Like 1
  • :callaway-small:Rogue LS ST Max 8 Degree with Dumina SF505x Autoflex 
  • :callaway-small: Callaway 4 Wood Stiff
  • :Sub70: 4H 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 4-W Stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser putter - 1991 
  • :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone BXS ball
  • image.png.a4be6855a3c68e76804c659956cd6b4f.png
  •  image.png.0c60a1de96989c2f2d7aef871c878af8.png4 seater red

image.png.c492764fe4040ff6466581941683c25b.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YourKillingMeSmalls said:

Must just be but I do not get the same stop on my chips with the Tour X as I do with my BXS, I would say driver was longer and the ball does jump off the club but I'm to used to that one bite and stop that 5 more yards isn't that important.

Have you played a Srixon vs the BXS? A 24ct box for $65 dropped today only Z Star and XV, no Diamond. Srix and Golfballs . com emails and the box design (not color) and descriptions say they are '22 models. I'm now leaning also gettin' some Maxflis after this thread though, anybody say Pro or X are updated and properly evolved Revolutions???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nihonsei said:

Have you played a Srixon vs the BXS? A 24ct box for $65 dropped today only Z Star and XV, no Diamond. Srix and Golfballs . com emails and the box design (not color) and descriptions say they are '22 models. I'm now leaning also gettin' some Maxflis after this thread though, anybody say Pro or X are updated and properly evolved Revolutions???

I've been trying out the Z-Star "Divide" to experiment with the visual alignment help on putting.  I've found that the alignment (easier to get that sightline for me than other alignment graphics on balls) and the feedback on the roll (so much feedback that is just really easy to see, unlike anything else I've used) to be invaluable for me.  I was doing the Maxfli Tour before that and did find it to be a very good ball, especially considering the price.  I can't say anything conclusively about the performance differences between the two.

Driver: Titleist TS2, Accra FX 2.0 250 M3.
3W: Taylormade Sim Max, Accra FX 2.0 200 M3.
4I-Pw: Callaway Mavrik Pro, TT DG X100.
47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g.
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Red T-Line or sometimes P&SI-EGOS  (considering L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Current Ball: 2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by Ping's Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Bag: MNML.  Looking to try a Vessel Player III DXR.
Cart: Caddymatic Golf X-TREME

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...