Golfspy Dave's Beer of the Week

GolfSpy Dave

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Good. Cuz they are running short and I don't want to run out! :P :angry:

Really? or just :) and :)

There is a hop shortage and prices have gone up a bit because of it.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Yikes.... Fat Tire???? ugh..... I will go thirsty.

Fat Tire made it to our camping trip last weekend. May have been skewed by Nic's review, but it really was not very good.

All beer is good camping, and this one led me to wish I had more Michelob Ultra.

(Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA was the winner for me, again)

Volvo Intorqueo

Fat Tire made it to our camping trip last weekend. May have been skewed by Nic's review, but it really was not very good.

All beer is good camping, and this one led me to wish I had more Michelob Ultra.

(Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA was the winner for me, again)

I haven't tried a Fat Tire outside the local area (Colorado/Wyoming). I wonder if it loses something in transportation/storage?? Its freakin great stuff when its fresh! Also, if it EVER gets hot, throw it out. Don't even pop the top. Made that mistake on a camping trip once.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

• 3 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

I am huge IPA fan and the Torpedo is right up there with my favorites. Ruination IPA is still king, but when I don't have the $15 /6 pack funds, Torpedo is on the short list.

Volvo Intorqueo

I'm not a huge IPA fan, but the local brewery makes one called Blue Eyed Moose that is pretty damn good. But their Helles Bock that they make in the spring is the best beer to ever hit my lips. They also make a stout in December that they call Rudolphs Revenge and it's 13.1% alc/vol.

Like you, I love me some beer.

• SPY VIP

Local breweries are the best. One of the best development in the last few decades has been their resurgence in the different regions.

Finding the really small, good ones is amazing.

Volvo Intorqueo

Ruination IPA is still king

I love Stone Brewing Co.'s beers. Their IPA is great but my fave is the Double Bastard ale. You can't go wrong with SBC's stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

• SPY VIP

I love Stone Brewing Co.'s beers. Their IPA is great but my fave is the Double Bastard ale. You can't go wrong with SBC's stuff.

True that. I love the quotes on the beers and glassware too.

"It's not expensive, you're just cheap."

Volvo Intorqueo

• 3 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

SAM ADAMS OCTOBERFEST IS BACK!!!!

Thank you Sam's Club for the first two cases. More will follow.

Thank you for making the Summer to Fall transition more enjoyable!

Volvo Intorqueo

I am just not an I{A fan, but I have broadened my horizens when it comes to beer thanks Sac though!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I am not a big fan of the marzenbier. I will have to give it another try. With football and tailgating just around the corner, I am always up for retrying and trying new brews.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

I love Oktoberfest.... My fine Local brewery, Boulevard has their Oktoberfest in kegs now (Bob's 47). Comes out in bottles at the end of the month. Can't wait. If you get a chance hit up the Boulevard. About 3 years ago they started doing small batch 22 ounce bottles that are amazing. They have a Double IPA (The Double Wide), a Triple (Long Strange Triple), Saison and a Quad. All are fabulous and they do little modifications of each for seasonal. They make a Bourbon Barrel Quad that is aged in Bourbon barrels and they add a hint of Cherry. It is absolutely amazing.

KWheels 

have been drinking nothing but local brew for the last month or so. They just got a new batch of the Honey Blonde in and I would like to know the alcohol content, because I'm no lightweight and three 16oz glasses had me feeling real good.

Who brewed it? Most blonde ales range from 4 - 7%.

Have you tried their blue eyed moose IPA? How is it? I love me some IPA.

I'm not a huge IPA fan, but it's pretty good; it's really smooth. All their beers are excellent. My wife and I go and fill two growlers every Friday. This past Friday we had the Honey Blonde and Wits up. We always get a Honey Blonde or Vinnys Lager and then whatever the seasonal is.

• 1 month later...
  • SPY VIP

Dig up the old topic to let you know that Sam Adam's Octoberfest is back in stores.

About $24 a case at Sam's Club. Case three is dust, so back for more this weekend :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

Sac, I still drink the cheap beers on the course, but when I go home for lunch today, I am going to take a picture of my beer frig, and I think I am going to make you very proud!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Dig up the old topic to let you know that Sam Adam's Octoberfest is back in stores.

About $24 a case at Sam's Club. Case three is dust, so back for more this weekend :D

Finished a 6 of it myself this week. B) And yep, headed back for more this weekend!! :)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I'm in love. Went to a new liquor store they just built in the "fancy" part of town. It is the most amazing liquor store I have ever been in, they have EVERYTYING, including a 12 seat bar for wine tastings. They have a "pick your six" cooler that has about 200-250 individual bottles, but thats not it, they only run $1.69 each. I didn't have time to put together a sixer, because I was just picking up a bottle of wine for my wife on my way to pick up my daughter. I plan to go back soon though.

So anyway, I'm stuck drinking this crappy Bud Light Golden Wheat, because all my wife will drink is light beer. It tastes good, but has about as much kick to it as a glass of water.

• SPY VIP

Sac,

Finally found Stone IPA on tap and I have to credit you with a quality recommendation. Very nice, flavorful but not overly hoppy or bitter.

Wait until you find the Ruination IPA from Stone. Mmmmmmm

(India Pale Ale, John :D )

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived