Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Bryson done with the PGA Tour?

GolfSpy_APH

I'll admit I don't know all the details and am going off of what I heard from the NLU podcast. However they were leading us to believe that Bryson has been talking about not playing on the tour again. 

I find this hard to believe and think he will for sure be back at the very least for the majors and other bigger events like The Players, however he is currently "injured" and hasn't played since the Sentry I believe? His website has him plalying in the Sony which he pulled out of and no other PGA tour events for this season?

Of course there is a ton of speculation going around and every day I seem to see a new article of Bryson has been offered X amount to go play away from the PGA tour and I have no idea the truth of these, but could he really be done with the PGA tour? Is he the first of many that could be walking away?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Another question could be, those that do walk away for the bone saw crowd, does anyone care?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just now, MattF said:

Another question could be, those that do walk away for the bone saw crowd, does anyone care?

I know there are some MGS fantasy teams that would care a lot! haha

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

The last 50 years or so is littered with pro leagues that came along and tried to overtake the original. They never do. If Bryson no longer feels he can hang with the best golfers in the world, then so be it. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I think he will be back. He seems like he wants to be counted among the greatest in the game. Not sure that comes if he jumps ship to the Saudi league.

If he’s concerned about health and how playing tournament schedules would negatively impact that and the Saudi league is a shorter schedule I could see him jumping there. If it’s more just about abuse from hitting various types of golf shots I could see him going long driver for awhile 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I think he will be back. He seems like he wants to be counted among the greatest in the game. Not sure that comes if he jumps ship to the Saudi league.

If he’s concerned about health and how playing tournament schedules would negatively impact that and the Saudi league is a shorter schedule I could see him jumping there. If it’s more just about abuse from hitting various types of golf shots I could see him going long driver for awhile 

That is a interesting take as he could in theory do Long Drive and Saudi League? Something I didn't really think of. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That is a interesting take as he could in theory do Long Drive and Saudi League? Something I didn't really think of. 

Yep. He has played in less than 25 tournaments the last 2 years(not including current season). Not sure under currently rules if he could drop his schedule down anymore on the PGA tour 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Interesting news Jamie.  I had not heard about this. I don't know for sure but suspect he is among the healthy handful of PGA players being courted by Norman & Co.  The sign-on $$$$ being thrown around are pretty crazy.  I agree with others above that the likelihood of the latest World/Whatever Tour taking over or severely changing the PGA Tour is slim but I cannot help but think a few are wanting to be first to that feed trough.  In on the guaranteed money before they realize the idea is a bust and go defunct. 

Bryson is telling everyone that his injuries are not serious and not related to the swing speed/distance focus.  He knows better than I but I'm still calling robin-hood-bullshit.gif 

on that one 😁.  If he does recover and intends to keep pursuing the regiment he was on, I'd advise him to sign on with Norman quick and cash in before his body cashes out.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Mmmm. We’ll see…

1A864BFF-CDDF-4A7C-AB7E-C214E771ACA2.png.3160e60e3a5f45bb6e2b2693d1c57a34.png

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

ESPN reported he's planning on coming back to the Arnold Palmer at Bay Hill in March.  Seems like this is case of podcasters looking for clicks/listens with wild speculations.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/33290304/bryson-dechambeau-looks-smack-reports-skipping-all-pga-tour-events

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yep. He has played in less than 25 tournaments the last 2 years(not including current season). Not sure under currently rules if he could drop his schedule down anymore on the PGA tour 

Is this right? By my Fantrax roster he has played in 17 events in 19-20 season and 21 events in the 20-21 season. Only 2 so far for this season. That’s whole season not just ours starting at the farmers. 

If he plays the same schedule as last year starting at Bay Hill he will play another 15 events. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Is this right? By my Fantrax roster he has played in 17 events in 19-20 season and 21 events in the 20-21 season. Only 2 so far for this season. That’s whole season not just ours starting at the farmers. 

If he plays the same schedule as last year starting at Bay Hill he will play another 15 events. 

Yes. Brain to keyboard wasn’t working properly today. I left out “each of” in my writing.

27 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yes. Brain to keyboard wasn’t working properly today. I left out “each of” in my writing.

I got ya. To be fair though he did play more than DJ, Rory, Brooks(injured), Webb, and Xander just to name a few. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

44 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I got ya. To be fair though he did play more than DJ, Rory, Brooks(injured), Webb, and Xander just to name a few. 

But the report was about him being done and because of injuries. Actually Xander has one more event two year ago and they played the same last year per pga tour stats.

My post was that if Bryson was looking to play less because of injuries it’s going to be hard to reduce too much more than what’s he’s already playing. The less he plays the more it’s going to impact his world ranking and the longer that goes on some of his exemptions could run out 

I saw a rainbow the other day. In other news, man saw rainbow, swam to the bottom of the bay and found nothing. In other *other news, man chose not to swim in that water ever again, but to board a ship to another body of water to search for rainbows, saying he was done with that particular body of water.

A few weeks later, man was seen swimming in the original body of water where he witnessed the first rainbow reported.  Noted that he is still seeking the treasure.

17 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Seems like this is case of podcasters looking for clicks/listens with wild speculations.

More than ever, sadly that’s what drives most media these days. It’s a clickbait world now…with way more "maybe" stories than actual done deal news.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 minutes ago, Middler said:

More than ever, sadly that’s what drives most media these days. It’s a clickbait world now…

Just like with that wild Tom Brady speculation, right?

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. 

35 minutes ago, Middler said:

More than ever, sadly that’s what drives most media these days. It’s a clickbait world now…

I'm hesitant to call NLU click bait. Their review podcast was nearly 2 hours long and that topic didn't come up for at least a hour twenty. I'm a big fan of NLU and their content. Whether it be interviews/weekly recaps or trap draw random everything. They truly love the game and want to see it be as good and successful as possible. Them raising this in their podcast and them having their contacts or sources makes it seem like it has some truth to it... nor do they at any point say Bryson is done 100% with the PGA tour. 

Yes, I won't deny we live in a click bait world without question. However I wouldn't point the finger at NLU for trying to do this. Pretty sure they were the ones that broke the news of Bryson firing his caddie before anyone else as well. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yes, I won't deny we live in a click bait world without question. However I wouldn't point the finger at NLU for trying to do this. Pretty sure they were the ones that broke the news of Bryson firing his caddie before anyone else as well. 

Yup. With so much access and the 24 hour news cycles and so many platforms people need to to find ways to get people to click on their product. Whether it’s thru the thumbnail. Cover image or title. 

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm hesitant to call NLU click bait. Their review podcast was nearly 2 hours long and that topic didn't come up for at least a hour twenty. I'm a big fan of NLU and their content. Whether it be interviews/weekly recaps or trap draw random everything. They truly love the game and want to see it be as good and successful as possible. Them raising this in their podcast and them having their contacts or sources makes it seem like it has some truth to it... not do they at any point say Bryson is done 100% with the PGA tour. 

WADR, I don’t know anything about NLU. But I see what you say NLU is reporting, and what Bryson has put out, and it looks like the same well worn pattern. It would be wonderful if “news” wasn’t largely premature speculation on what MIGHT happen, ‘wait to you have two confirmed sources’ - but I’m under no illusion we’ll ever go back to that. Objective news has been overrun, and in all fairness it’s because of what we collectively click on most. Threads like this are proof…

For the record I could care less what Bryson chooses to do, I don’t follow him.

Sorry for the tangent, I’m done with this off topic.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

And now the well-respected Jim McLean has said that he also has heard Bryson and Phil are off to the Saudi league. Guess he needs the clicks too, huh?

Until it happens it's all speculation and bullsh$&. At the end of the day, who's life does it change besides the player? Not mine and not yours either, so who gives a flying fornication?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 minutes ago, MattF said:

Until it happens it's all speculation and bullsh$&. At the end of the day, who's life does it change besides the player? Not mine and not yours either, so who gives a flying fornication?

Doesn't change my life in the least. However, it is golf news about a new rival professional league poaching PGA players, and this is a golf website, so...

9 minutes ago, MattF said:

Exactly. No different than someone’s team winning or losing the super bowl. It’s entertainment 

36 minutes ago, MattF said:

It changes our Fantasy Golf league in a major way! These guys leaving mean there will be some 1st round picks that end up being busts to a huge degree and may cost someone a coveted golden ticket! 

I'm half joking.... half not. Some of us take the fantasy golf to heart more then we should and therefore this impacts us a good amount. From a peer viewing of golf I couldn't care less. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I saw something that players that might be seriously considering joining the new league include.

Here is the actual updated list

Bryson
Phil
DJ
Rose
Sergio
Westwood
Poulter
Hoffman
Leishman
Hatton
Pieters
Reed

But it is all rumors for now and you never know
I would like to say that I was invited to join the Saudi Golf League, but their compensation did not rise to the standards that my family is accustomed, I had to tell them, if I am not getting a Mahones like contract to start the talks, we are not talking. Anything less than 50 millions per season is of no interest to me.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

22 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I saw something that players that might be seriously considering joining the new league include.

Here is the actual updated list

Bryson
Phil
DJ
Rose
Sergio
Westwood
Poulter
Hoffman
Leishman
Hatton
Pieters
Reed

But it is all rumors for now and you never know
I would like to say that I was invited to join the Saudi Golf League, but their compensation did not rise to the standards that my family is accustomed, I had to tell them, if I am not getting a Mahones like contract to start the talks, we are not talking. Anything less than 50 millions per season is of no interest to me.

I know I'm not the only one to say they can have Reed!  🤣

Honestly, my mind goes to the Ryder Cup...moving to the Saudi league would make these guys ineligible absent some changes to the qualification requirements, and we'd end up with watered down less than full strength teams, and THAT would be a crying shame.  That said, on the American side Bryson, DJ, and Reed are really the only three from Elson's post that you could see as Ryder Cuppers...Hatton and possibly Pieters on the Euro side.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I know I'm not the only one to say they can have Reed!  🤣

Playing on the Desert is perfect for him, since he is a natural on building sand castles...

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg