TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bryson done with the PGA Tour?

GolfSpy_APH

While the speculation about Bryson, Phil, Kokrak, and others keeps us all on a razor thin edge, Brooks is on record saying he is staying with the PGA.  Now to be fair, he didn't say "no matter how much money they offer me" 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

33 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I think we are getting close to the point where Phil costs himself the potential Ryder Cup captaincy at Bethpage 

I think we are past that point. His stance and viewpoint is just so upsidedown. 

The "tour" has given him so much. In terms of opportunity, money and so much more. For so many of us we can't imagine every having his worth ever and his stance on being slighted by the tour is just backwards. 

I was never a big Phil fan, but am completely baffled by his woe is me I'm being cheated attitude while acknowledging the severe issues arrive the Saudi league and still attempting at using it get what not money? Also remember this is the guy that just got 8 million for being popular on tour with the PIP. 

Sorry Phil, but I truly think there is no coming back from this.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm reminded of actors on television series who, after a year or three of high ratings, decide that they're "bigger than the series, blah, blah, blah" and leave for presumed bigger things only to disappear from view almost completely.

I'm also reminded of "professional" wrestling from the standpoint of "I'm going to get paid based on my contract so whether I win or lose is 'eh' as far as I'm concerned."  Limited field, no cut tournaments time and time again could very well start to resemble exhibitions rather than what we saw at the Phoenix event; Theegala overcome by emotion at the end of the event having some so close to winning.

This season there have been four or five first time winners already.  I find an entertainment value in seeing people reaching that pinnacle and outplaying the presumed favorites.   A limited field, no cut event isn't going to offer that.

And if there's any belief that some of the freedoms that are taken for granted might not be curtailed when it's a foreign government footing the bill?  If Phil thinks he's going to be able to take shots at a Saudi backed enterprise with impunity he might want to do a bit more research.  Bryson should do the same research.

If their goal is, as one person stated, to make the most in the shortest period of time, go for it.  If there's any desire to create a legacy and be compared with the greats from the game's history that's not, in my opinion, likely to occur.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

Like Brooks, Rahm states he's dancing with who brung em. His comments are very similar to Brooks. In regards to the money, I'm a little skeptical... but it's easy to make such a statement when you already have a kings ransom worth 🙂.  We should start a "who will be the 20" poll.

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Like Brooks, Rahm states he's dancing with who brung em. His comments are very similar to Brooks. In regards to the money, I'm a little skeptical... but it's easy to make such a statement when you already have a kings ransom worth 🙂.  We should start a "who will be the 20" poll.

We already have a list of suspects and the majority are older European players or young ones that havent broken thru on the pga tour. I doubt any big names outside of Phil, Bryson, dj and Reed are on the list

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

This whole thing is having the effect of making me seriously lose any support for Phil.  It was inspiring to watch him win the PGA last year, but lately every time he opens his mouth I lose more and more respect.  

Just my opinion, but when you build your wealth and brand on the back of a tour, then slam it for "obnoxious greed" while simultaneously courting an emerging competing tour backed by some very ethically questionable sources, something ain't right.  Pot, meet kettle.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

We already have a list of suspects and the majority are older European players or young ones that havent broken thru on the pga tour. I doubt any big names outside of Phil, Bryson, dj and Reed are on the list

Could be some surprises... ya never know.  I'm pretty sure the Monahan's and Norman's aren't exchanging fruit cakes this year 😆.

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Could be some surprises... ya never know.  I'm pretty sure the Monahan's and Norman's aren't exchanging fruit cakes this year 😆.

I doubt it but won’t say impossible 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

8 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

when you build your wealth and brand on the back of a tour, then slam it for "obnoxious greed" while simultaneously courting an emerging competing tour backed by some very ethically questionable sources, something ain't right.  Pot, meet kettle.

Bingo.

Phil would not be "Lefty" without the PGA Tour.  His brand was built on the back of Tiger Woods, Fred Couples, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and all of the other bigger names that came before him or played alongside him.

Phil is selfish, brash, and egotistical.  I hope the media keeps calling him out and exposing him rather than protecting his phony "Lefty" persona they help build up over the years

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Bingo.

Phil would not be "Lefty" without the PGA Tour.  His brand was built on the back of Tiger Woods, Fred Couples, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and all of the other bigger names that came before him or played alongside him.

Phil is selfish, brash, and egotistical.  I hope the media keeps calling him out and exposing him rather than protecting his phony "Lefty" persona they help build up over the years

The left hand in many parts of the world is considered unclean and disrespectful, so maybe the "Lefty" persona will stay but mean something much different.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The "tour" has given him so much. In terms of opportunity, money and so much more. For so many of us we can't imagine every having his worth ever and his stance on being slighted by the tour is just backwards. 

Phil also seems to have forgotten that the Tour is basically owned by the players.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

59 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Phil also seems to have forgotten that the Tour is basically owned by the players.  

Absolutely correct.  The board of directors is flush with PGA players and they could probably influence any changes they would want.

Interesting that Charley Hoffman is on the board of directors..... hmmmm..... maybe there will be a motion at the next meeting on some rules changes specific to the tour!  😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, TBS said:

The left hand in many parts of the world is considered unclean and disrespectful, so maybe the "Lefty" persona will stay but mean something much different.

The word "sinister" is Latin for left handed. The superstition about left handers is ancient, and is how the word came to mean what it does today.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I've read a couple of editorials from Australian writers that have absolutely blasted Norman over his cozying up to the Saudis. (Sorry, I read them on a news app, so I don't have links.) He's been especially mocked for his comment that he knows the accusations aren't true because he's seen women in restaurants.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

If they do they'll have someone else taste them before they have a slice...

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

11 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

I've read a couple of editorials from Australian writers that have absolutely blasted Norman over his cozying up to the Saudis. (Sorry, I read them on a news app, so I don't have links.) He's been especially mocked for his comment that he knows the accusations aren't true because he's seen women in restaurants.

I've spent more than my fair share of time in the Middle East; if he actually said that, that's a monumentally stupid comment. 

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

The Saudi league is shaping to be a like a spinoff wrestling organization that is comprised of a bunch of washed up wrestlers.

Who us?

westwood-lefty-041210 | Golfweek

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Absolutely correct.  The board of directors is flush with PGA players and they could probably influence any changes they would want.

Interesting that Charley Hoffman is on the board of directors..... hmmmm..... maybe there will be a motion at the next meeting on some rules changes specific to the tour!  😂

I doubt it, as a group the players don't want to be responsible for the rules of golf, they'd rather be able to complain about someone else.  The PGA Tour will continue to follow the Rules of Golf, and use only approved Local Rules.  And I don't believe this is an issue where Model Local Rule would be approved by the USGA/R&A.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Phil just tarnished his legacy and any goodwill he received from winning the PGA purely because of greed. He comes across as being a spoiled child. The nonsense he has been spouting was pure theater so he could rationalize the money grab in his mind. Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, and Collin Morikawa all coming out strongly supporting the PGA and legacy they want just increases my respect for them.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Phil isn't really a factor on the PGA Tour anymore anyway, why would they care? He's just got a chip on his shoulder because Tiger was in Phil's generation and trampled all over Phil's career record - Phil was second fiddle more often than not. The Firepit Collective interview was appalling, self destructive maybe. I never bought Phil's nice guy BS anyway, so if he goes away, fine and dandy...

https://firepitcollective.com/the-truth-about-phil-and-saudi-arabia/

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Just read Phil’s “apology”. I agree with Brandel Chamblee’s take. KPMG just dropped Phil as well. Makes me wonder if Callaway and Workday will do so. Phil is an example of what happens when ignorance and ego meet up with greed. It’s a bit of a shame to see all that goodwill Phil earned with his win at the PGA Championship get thrown away. But I’ve also read but not sure on the source on tour that this is who Phil has always been.

244F34AC-416A-4076-AFDC-392DDC22E232.jpeg.66304f3347859684278e7d186fa1ac37.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

16 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Just read Phil’s “apology”. I agree with Brandel Chamblee’s take. KPMG just dropped Phil as well. Makes me wonder if Callaway and Workday will do so. Phil is an example of what happens when ignorance and ego meet up with greed. It’s a bit of a shame to see all that goodwill Phil earned with his win at the PGA Championship get thrown away. But I’ve also read but not sure on the source on tour that this is who Phil has always been.

Those who haven’t been blinded have known Phil isn’t who he plays on tv. He just never got caught by the right person will to fully expose him.

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

His contract with Workday expires in early April and they are not renewing it

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

I think it’s also an example of taking a person who is really good at hitting golf balls and asking him to comment on geopolitical issues when he’s just worried about getting paid. These guys are good golfers. I’d be shocked to find out if they truly care about much beyond their golf swing and how it impacts their wallets. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

50 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I think it’s also an example of taking a person who is really good at hitting golf balls and asking him to comment on geopolitical issues when he’s just worried about getting paid. These guys are good golfers. I’d be shocked to find out if they truly care about much beyond their golf swing and how it impacts their wallets. 

I don’t think this flies with Phil. A lower caliber player who’s looking for money to be comfortable the rest of his life, maybe. But Phil? Nah. He knew exactly what was up and what he was doing. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

At this point, one has to wonder what Greg Norman is thinking about Phil being the centerpiece of the World Golf League. Absolutely no idea how this all plays out but suspect it will be fascinating to watch... not unlike an impending train wreck.  

Also, this thread may now be more appropriately titled "Mickelson done with the PGA Tour?"

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

At this point, one has to wonder what Greg Norman is thinking about Phil being the centerpiece of the World Golf League. Absolutely no idea how this all plays out but suspect it will be fascinating to watch... not unlike an impending train wreck.  

Also, this thread may now be more appropriately titled "Mickelson done with the PGA Tour?"

It has been interesting to read the comments coming out from players and I suspect there will be more coming out if and when the main list is inevitably leaked. 

I'm glad this saga is all but dead in the water. Part of me does wish there were some players that bailed and it failed and left them in a awkward spot trying to claw back, but in the end I want to see the best golfers compete against each other. 

The Players will be a interesting time and we will see what if any more press comes out about this league, however in the mean time I'm just happy that the talk has seemingly died down and we can move onto normal golf news so to speak. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

If you follow Alan Shipnuck on Twitter, he posted a pretty thorough response to Phil's accusation that his comments were supposed to be off the record.  Brandel was on Golf Channel yesterday with a pretty brutal (but insightful) dissection of Phil's "apology".  Put it all together and it's been an incredibly damaging couple weeks for Phil, and his statement is actually only going to make it worse.