Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Bryson done with the PGA Tour?

GolfSpy_APH

Buh bye Phil. In addition to KPMG, Amstel Light also cut ties so far. If Phil was worried about getting paid, he’s shot his foot off completely.

Good summary https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/golf/arid-40814547.html

Reputationally, his statement appears to have cut little ice with opinion-formers - critics have also weighed, not least  Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee. He told the Golf Channel: “The statement was six paragraphs,” the first paragraph was about him pretending to be a victim. The second paragraph was about him pretending to be an activist. The third and fourth paragraphs were spin damage control about him getting paid either now or certainly in the future when you consider he wrote the Saudi operating agreement for this tour.

“The last two paragraphs were him reminding everyone that he’s a good guy.” 

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It has been interesting to read the comments coming out from players and I suspect there will be more coming out if and when the main list is inevitably leaked. 

I'm glad this saga is all but dead in the water. Part of me does wish there were some players that bailed and it failed and left them in a awkward spot trying to claw back, but in the end I want to see the best golfers compete against each other. 

The Players will be a interesting time and we will see what if any more press comes out about this league, however in the mean time I'm just happy that the talk has seemingly died down and we can move onto normal golf news so to speak. 

Well, the list of players many expected to be among the "magic 20" has definitely changed.  There may still enough middle shelf, well known players, from the other tours, that will choose that tour simply for the guaranteed paycheck and front end sign-on bonus. 

Right now, I'm most interested in what Norman thinks of "the Phil" situation... cannot find anything from him on this.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

If I could say one thing to Phil it would be, simply, "when you find yourself in a hole the first and likely best course of action is to stop digging."

That, of course, requires a degree of insight, maturity, and discernment that seems somewhat lacking.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

Two threads are getting mixed. I posted in the other one:

Agree. The worst is not his criticism of the PGA Tour, but the comments that came out from Shipnuck about knowing how horrible are the Saudis but still being ok taking the money.

His statement yesterday just made things worse. This is not about golf needing change. This is about Phil selling out to make even more money.

4 minutes ago, LICC said:

Agree. The worst is not his criticism of the PGA Tour, but the comments that came out from Shipnuck about knowing how horrible are the Saudis but still being ok taking the money.

His statement yesterday just made things worse. This is not about golf needing change. This is about Phil selling out to make even more money.

The irony in Phil accusing the PGA of "obnoxious greed" is hilarious. Again, buh-bye Phil. Greg Norman has to be fuming in ever getting Phil "on his side."

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

13 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

If you follow Alan Shipnuck on Twitter, he posted a pretty thorough response to Phil's accusation that his comments were supposed to be off the record.  Brandel was on Golf Channel yesterday with a pretty brutal (but insightful) dissection of Phil's "apology".  Put it all together and it's been an incredibly damaging couple weeks for Phil, and his statement is actually only going to make it worse.

Phil made a feeble attempt to deflect by playing the victim. Oh and I loved learning his nickname on tour, FIGJAM. 😂😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Last night PGA Tour radio was saying that Norman is threatening the PGA with various aspects of anti-trust laws for their "if you leave the tour, you're done playing" position.

Greg Norman/LIV Golf challenge PGA Tour's legal right to ban players in memo | Golf Channel 

Extra butter, and pass the salt shaker please... 😆

Does Drew Brees' passing record push Joe Montana back to second in the GOAT  discussion? — Collectors Universe

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm already beyond tired of this topic. I just can't get excited about a bunch of multi millionaires whining about fairness. It was fun to watch Phil self destruct though, take Norman down with him, and hear other pros distance themselves from both...🤣 I'm sure they'll be back, but at least for now they should be quiet...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1