Bryson done with the PGA Tour?

GolfSpy_APH

Bryson has been so open and transparent over the past few years, I'm sure "TikTok" wouldn't bullshit his social media followers! /s

In two minds of whether the tour is better off without him, or with him. He was THE story of 2020. But his petulance since then has been a massive turn off for me, so don't mind if he says goodbye to the tour.

And now the well-respected Jim McLean has said that he also has heard Bryson and Phil are off to the Saudi league. Guess he needs the clicks too, huh?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

Until it happens it's all speculation and bullsh$&. At the end of the day, who's life does it change besides the player? Not mine and not yours either, so who gives a flying fornication?

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0

Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 4 and 5 UST Recoil 660 F4
Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 minutes ago, MattF said:

Until it happens it's all speculation and bullsh$&. At the end of the day, who's life does it change besides the player? Not mine and not yours either, so who gives a flying fornication?

Doesn't change my life in the least. However, it is golf news about a new rival professional league poaching PGA players, and this is a golf website, so...

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

9 minutes ago, MattF said:

Exactly. No different than someone’s team winning or losing the super bowl. It’s entertainment 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

36 minutes ago, MattF said:

It changes our Fantasy Golf league in a major way! These guys leaving mean there will be some 1st round picks that end up being busts to a huge degree and may cost someone a coveted golden ticket! 

I'm half joking.... half not. Some of us take the fantasy golf to heart more then we should and therefore this impacts us a good amount. From a peer viewing of golf I couldn't care less. 

• Like 6

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

I saw something that players that might be seriously considering joining the new league include.

Here is the actual updated list

Bryson
Phil
DJ
Rose
Sergio
Westwood
Poulter
Hoffman
Leishman
Hatton
Pieters
Reed

But it is all rumors for now and you never know
I would like to say that I was invited to join the Saudi Golf League, but their compensation did not rise to the standards that my family is accustomed, I had to tell them, if I am not getting a Mahones like contract to start the talks, we are not talking. Anything less than 50 millions per season is of no interest to me.

• Like 3

My Reviews:

2022 Test In-Progress: Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

22 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I saw something that players that might be seriously considering joining the new league include.

Bryson
Phil
DJ
Rose
Sergio
Westwood
Poulter
Hoffman
Leishman
Hatton
Pieters
Reed

I would like to say that I was invited to join the Saudi Golf League, but their compensation did not rise to the standards that my family is accustomed, I had to tell them, if I am not getting a Mahones like contract to start the talks, we are not talking. Anything less than 50 millions per season is of no interest to me.

I know I'm not the only one to say they can have Reed!  🤣

Honestly, my mind goes to the Ryder Cup...moving to the Saudi league would make these guys ineligible absent some changes to the qualification requirements, and we'd end up with watered down less than full strength teams, and THAT would be a crying shame.  That said, on the American side Bryson, DJ, and Reed are really the only three from Elson's post that you could see as Ryder Cuppers...Hatton and possibly Pieters on the Euro side.

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I know I'm not the only one to say they can have Reed!  🤣

Playing on the Desert is perfect for him, since he is a natural on building sand castles...

• Haha 3

My Reviews:

2022 Test In-Progress: Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Bryson
Phil
DJ
Rose
Sergio
Westwood
Poulter
Hoffman
Leishman
Hatton
Pieters
Reed

So other than DJ, Bryson and Reed it’s a bunch of guys from European tour who are past their prime and/or haven’t had a lot of wins on the PGA tour. Leishman is probably the only one on that list who could still win on the PGA tour but his game seems to be geared for a handful of courses

Honestly none of them leaving hurts the PGA tour. The other stars on tour can carry it without them

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Has anyone seen a date for when this league would even start and how many events are basically ready to go?   It takes time to setup a tour event at any level.  If players are going to play in this league, will they immediately be banned from PGA events?  Can tournaments not give them sponsors invites?  Can the tour pull their “membership”/eligibility to play in events?  

maybe those questions are readily answered online, but I don’t care enough to look them up which is basically my thoughts on starting up a new tour.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

46 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Has anyone seen a date for when this league would even start and how many events are basically ready to go?   It takes time to setup a tour event at any level.  If players are going to play in this league, will they immediately be banned from PGA events?  Can tournaments not give them sponsors invites?  Can the tour pull their “membership”/eligibility to play in events?  

maybe those questions are readily answered online, but I don’t care enough to look them up which is basically my thoughts on starting up a new tour.  

Everything seems pretty tight lipped. I did hear about a bunch of courses which are rumoured and for it to start sometime in June, but that was about it. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

He wouldn't leave if he couldn't play in the major events. 150million rumored payout to join the Saudi Tour and still get to compete in the major events... no brainer. Pro golfers play to win the major nobody cares what weekend tournaments you have won, look at Rickie Fowler aside from his Players win. 

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Gary Williams had Soly on his pod last night (Five Clubs Podcast). Gary mentioned he had heard the same stories the NLU guys have heard about Bryson telling other players he was done with the PGA Tour. Both discussed hearing from "multiple sources" the first Saudi league tournament would be in June. Kramer Hickok said he was hearing a June start date as well on a podcast Monday. All three said they were led to believe, the schedule would be released during The Players week.

• Like 2

I really don’t follow the PGA like I used to but seeing him leave bothers me none. I haven’t been a fan of his ever so it is no loss to me. I’d be interested in seeing how long his body holds up to the mass and speed he put on. I have mass from my strongman and powerlifting days and it absolutely takes a toll on me when golfing.

If you haven't listen to an interview Jason Kokrak gave on the Five Clubs podcast on Jan 20 of this year. Paraphrasing, he basically said, I'm trying to make the most money in the shortest amount of time in my life... who cares who its from. He goes on and talks about how he is sponsored by Golf Saudi and loves their grow the game initiatives. I did a little digging on the Golf Saudi website - https://www.golfsaudi.com/en-us/ I encourage you all to really dig in.

Particularly excited about the "No displays of public affection" (https://www.golfsaudi.com/en-us/event-information/) rule during tournament play. I guess Harry Higgs and Joel Dahmen might have been black listed after their scandalous show on 16 this past Sunday.

I would much rather these guys come out and say that they are doing it for the money and that's all they care about rather than say something about growing the game or how the PGA tour treats them unfairly. Competition is good and I hope a better product for the viewer comes as a result but this could be a spectacular failure. 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

11 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I would encourage everyone to read this...............

https://www.lyingfour.com/conversations-blog/2022/2/3/zmvtkq7npo3njfimn8uwpx9977h3k8

@sixcat Great read!

From the blog - "There is blood on their hands. That is obvious. And journalism, at a minimum, demands reporting the obvious. Whether Phil Mickelson, Bryson DeChambeau, and their ilk are willing to sell their souls for a few million dollars is beyond anyone’s control. What remains within control is golf journalists’ willingness to portray the Saudis’ project as anything other than what it is, which is a distraction from its efforts to preserve a culture of oppression." 

I'm not a huge fan of Brandel Camblee but I believe he has made this his mission.

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

People are resistant to changes, myself included. Having another type of golf organization running events could be a good thing. Not saying that this one could be “that” league, but seeing different countries showcase their courses… count me in.  Putting the politics of it aside of course.

It will probably fail, like the other ventures like this have.  But why not give it a try.

• Like 2