Bryson done with the PGA Tour?

GolfSpy_APH

While the speculation about Bryson, Phil, Kokrak, and others keeps us all on a razor thin edge, Brooks is on record saying he is staying with the PGA.  Now to be fair, he didn't say "no matter how much money they offer me" 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

I think we are getting close to the point where Phil costs himself the potential Ryder Cup captaincy at Bethpage 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

33 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I think we are getting close to the point where Phil costs himself the potential Ryder Cup captaincy at Bethpage 

I think we are past that point. His stance and viewpoint is just so upsidedown. 

The "tour" has given him so much. In terms of opportunity, money and so much more. For so many of us we can't imagine every having his worth ever and his stance on being slighted by the tour is just backwards. 

I was never a big Phil fan, but am completely baffled by his woe is me I'm being cheated attitude while acknowledging the severe issues arrive the Saudi league and still attempting at using it get what not money? Also remember this is the guy that just got 8 million for being popular on tour with the PIP. 

Sorry Phil, but I truly think there is no coming back from this.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

I'm reminded of actors on television series who, after a year or three of high ratings, decide that they're "bigger than the series, blah, blah, blah" and leave for presumed bigger things only to disappear from view almost completely.

I'm also reminded of "professional" wrestling from the standpoint of "I'm going to get paid based on my contract so whether I win or lose is 'eh' as far as I'm concerned."  Limited field, no cut tournaments time and time again could very well start to resemble exhibitions rather than what we saw at the Phoenix event; Theegala overcome by emotion at the end of the event having some so close to winning.

This season there have been four or five first time winners already.  I find an entertainment value in seeing people reaching that pinnacle and outplaying the presumed favorites.   A limited field, no cut event isn't going to offer that.

And if there's any belief that some of the freedoms that are taken for granted might not be curtailed when it's a foreign government footing the bill?  If Phil thinks he's going to be able to take shots at a Saudi backed enterprise with impunity he might want to do a bit more research.  Bryson should do the same research.

If their goal is, as one person stated, to make the most in the shortest period of time, go for it.  If there's any desire to create a legacy and be compared with the greats from the game's history that's not, in my opinion, likely to occur.

• Like 4

PXG 0211  12*  Paderson Kinetixx A flex

PXG 0211 5 and 7 Woods  Paderson Kinetixx A Flex

PXG 0211 5 and 5 Hybrids  MMT A Flex

Cobra 7 Hybrid  A Flex

PXG 8,9,PW,GW Vista Pro A Flex

Cleveland CBX 54/12

Cobra Vintage Nova 33"

Like Brooks, Rahm states he's dancing with who brung em. His comments are very similar to Brooks. In regards to the money, I'm a little skeptical... but it's easy to make such a statement when you already have a kings ransom worth 🙂.  We should start a "who will be the 20" poll.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Like Brooks, Rahm states he's dancing with who brung em. His comments are very similar to Brooks. In regards to the money, I'm a little skeptical... but it's easy to make such a statement when you already have a kings ransom worth 🙂.  We should start a "who will be the 20" poll.

We already have a list of suspects and the majority are older European players or young ones that havent broken thru on the pga tour. I doubt any big names outside of Phil, Bryson, dj and Reed are on the list

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

This whole thing is having the effect of making me seriously lose any support for Phil.  It was inspiring to watch him win the PGA last year, but lately every time he opens his mouth I lose more and more respect.  

Just my opinion, but when you build your wealth and brand on the back of a tour, then slam it for "obnoxious greed" while simultaneously courting an emerging competing tour backed by some very ethically questionable sources, something ain't right.  Pot, meet kettle.

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

We already have a list of suspects and the majority are older European players or young ones that havent broken thru on the pga tour. I doubt any big names outside of Phil, Bryson, dj and Reed are on the list

Could be some surprises... ya never know.  I'm pretty sure the Monahan's and Norman's aren't exchanging fruit cakes this year 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Saudi league is shaping to be a like a spinoff wrestling organization that is comprised of a bunch of washed up wrestlers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Could be some surprises... ya never know.  I'm pretty sure the Monahan's and Norman's aren't exchanging fruit cakes this year 😆.

I doubt it but won’t say impossible 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

when you build your wealth and brand on the back of a tour, then slam it for "obnoxious greed" while simultaneously courting an emerging competing tour backed by some very ethically questionable sources, something ain't right.  Pot, meet kettle.

Bingo.

Phil would not be "Lefty" without the PGA Tour.  His brand was built on the back of Tiger Woods, Fred Couples, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and all of the other bigger names that came before him or played alongside him.

Phil is selfish, brash, and egotistical.  I hope the media keeps calling him out and exposing him rather than protecting his phony "Lefty" persona they help build up over the years

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Bingo.

Phil would not be "Lefty" without the PGA Tour.  His brand was built on the back of Tiger Woods, Fred Couples, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and all of the other bigger names that came before him or played alongside him.

Phil is selfish, brash, and egotistical.  I hope the media keeps calling him out and exposing him rather than protecting his phony "Lefty" persona they help build up over the years

The left hand in many parts of the world is considered unclean and disrespectful, so maybe the "Lefty" persona will stay but mean something much different.

• Haha 2

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The "tour" has given him so much. In terms of opportunity, money and so much more. For so many of us we can't imagine every having his worth ever and his stance on being slighted by the tour is just backwards. 

Phil also seems to have forgotten that the Tour is basically owned by the players.  

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

59 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Phil also seems to have forgotten that the Tour is basically owned by the players.  

Absolutely correct.  The board of directors is flush with PGA players and they could probably influence any changes they would want.

Interesting that Charley Hoffman is on the board of directors..... hmmmm..... maybe there will be a motion at the next meeting on some rules changes specific to the tour!  😂

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, TBS said:

The left hand in many parts of the world is considered unclean and disrespectful, so maybe the "Lefty" persona will stay but mean something much different.

The word "sinister" is Latin for left handed. The superstition about left handers is ancient, and is how the word came to mean what it does today.

• Like 1

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I've read a couple of editorials from Australian writers that have absolutely blasted Norman over his cozying up to the Saudis. (Sorry, I read them on a news app, so I don't have links.) He's been especially mocked for his comment that he knows the accusations aren't true because he's seen women in restaurants.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

If they do they'll have someone else taste them before they have a slice...

• Haha 1

PXG 0211  12*  Paderson Kinetixx A flex

PXG 0211 5 and 7 Woods  Paderson Kinetixx A Flex

PXG 0211 5 and 5 Hybrids  MMT A Flex

Cobra 7 Hybrid  A Flex

PXG 8,9,PW,GW Vista Pro A Flex

Cleveland CBX 54/12

Cobra Vintage Nova 33"

11 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

I've read a couple of editorials from Australian writers that have absolutely blasted Norman over his cozying up to the Saudis. (Sorry, I read them on a news app, so I don't have links.) He's been especially mocked for his comment that he knows the accusations aren't true because he's seen women in restaurants.

I've spent more than my fair share of time in the Middle East; if he actually said that, that's a monumentally stupid comment. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

The Saudi league is shaping to be a like a spinoff wrestling organization that is comprised of a bunch of washed up wrestlers.

Who us?

westwood-lefty-041210 | Golfweek

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Absolutely correct.  The board of directors is flush with PGA players and they could probably influence any changes they would want.

Interesting that Charley Hoffman is on the board of directors..... hmmmm..... maybe there will be a motion at the next meeting on some rules changes specific to the tour!  😂

I doubt it, as a group the players don't want to be responsible for the rules of golf, they'd rather be able to complain about someone else.  The PGA Tour will continue to follow the Rules of Golf, and use only approved Local Rules.  And I don't believe this is an issue where Model Local Rule would be approved by the USGA/R&A.

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia