Bryson done with the PGA Tour?

GolfSpy_APH

Phil just tarnished his legacy and any goodwill he received from winning the PGA purely because of greed. He comes across as being a spoiled child. The nonsense he has been spouting was pure theater so he could rationalize the money grab in his mind. Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, and Collin Morikawa all coming out strongly supporting the PGA and legacy they want just increases my respect for them.

• Like 3

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway MD3 58°/9° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold 

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Snell MTB-Black or Maxfli Tour

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Phil isn't really a factor on the PGA Tour anymore anyway, why would they care? He's just got a chip on his shoulder because Tiger was in Phil's generation and trampled all over Phil's career record - Phil was second fiddle more often than not. The Firepit Collective interview was appalling, self destructive maybe. I never bought Phil's nice guy BS anyway, so if he goes away, fine and dandy...

https://firepitcollective.com/the-truth-about-phil-and-saudi-arabia/

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

Just read Phil’s “apology”. I agree with Brandel Chamblee’s take. KPMG just dropped Phil as well. Makes me wonder if Callaway and Workday will do so. Phil is an example of what happens when ignorance and ego meet up with greed. It’s a bit of a shame to see all that goodwill Phil earned with his win at the PGA Championship get thrown away. But I’ve also read but not sure on the source on tour that this is who Phil has always been.

244F34AC-416A-4076-AFDC-392DDC22E232.jpeg.66304f3347859684278e7d186fa1ac37.jpeg

Clicgear 3.5+

16 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Just read Phil’s “apology”. I agree with Brandel Chamblee’s take. KPMG just dropped Phil as well. Makes me wonder if Callaway and Workday will do so. Phil is an example of what happens when ignorance and ego meet up with greed. It’s a bit of a shame to see all that goodwill Phil earned with his win at the PGA Championship get thrown away. But I’ve also read but not sure on the source on tour that this is who Phil has always been.

Those who haven’t been blinded have known Phil isn’t who he plays on tv. He just never got caught by the right person will to fully expose him.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

His contract with Workday expires in early April and they are not renewing it

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

I think it’s also an example of taking a person who is really good at hitting golf balls and asking him to comment on geopolitical issues when he’s just worried about getting paid. These guys are good golfers. I’d be shocked to find out if they truly care about much beyond their golf swing and how it impacts their wallets. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

50 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I think it’s also an example of taking a person who is really good at hitting golf balls and asking him to comment on geopolitical issues when he’s just worried about getting paid. These guys are good golfers. I’d be shocked to find out if they truly care about much beyond their golf swing and how it impacts their wallets. 

I don’t think this flies with Phil. A lower caliber player who’s looking for money to be comfortable the rest of his life, maybe. But Phil? Nah. He knew exactly what was up and what he was doing. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

At this point, one has to wonder what Greg Norman is thinking about Phil being the centerpiece of the World Golf League. Absolutely no idea how this all plays out but suspect it will be fascinating to watch... not unlike an impending train wreck.  

Also, this thread may now be more appropriately titled "Mickelson done with the PGA Tour?"

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

At this point, one has to wonder what Greg Norman is thinking about Phil being the centerpiece of the World Golf League. Absolutely no idea how this all plays out but suspect it will be fascinating to watch... not unlike an impending train wreck.  

Also, this thread may now be more appropriately titled "Mickelson done with the PGA Tour?"

It has been interesting to read the comments coming out from players and I suspect there will be more coming out if and when the main list is inevitably leaked. 

I'm glad this saga is all but dead in the water. Part of me does wish there were some players that bailed and it failed and left them in a awkward spot trying to claw back, but in the end I want to see the best golfers compete against each other. 

The Players will be a interesting time and we will see what if any more press comes out about this league, however in the mean time I'm just happy that the talk has seemingly died down and we can move onto normal golf news so to speak. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

If you follow Alan Shipnuck on Twitter, he posted a pretty thorough response to Phil's accusation that his comments were supposed to be off the record.  Brandel was on Golf Channel yesterday with a pretty brutal (but insightful) dissection of Phil's "apology".  Put it all together and it's been an incredibly damaging couple weeks for Phil, and his statement is actually only going to make it worse.

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

Buh bye Phil. In addition to KPMG, Amstel Light also cut ties so far. If Phil was worried about getting paid, he’s shot his foot off completely.

Good summary https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/golf/arid-40814547.html

Reputationally, his statement appears to have cut little ice with opinion-formers - critics have also weighed, not least  Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee. He told the Golf Channel: “The statement was six paragraphs,” the first paragraph was about him pretending to be a victim. The second paragraph was about him pretending to be an activist. The third and fourth paragraphs were spin damage control about him getting paid either now or certainly in the future when you consider he wrote the Saudi operating agreement for this tour.

“The last two paragraphs were him reminding everyone that he’s a good guy.” 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It has been interesting to read the comments coming out from players and I suspect there will be more coming out if and when the main list is inevitably leaked. 

I'm glad this saga is all but dead in the water. Part of me does wish there were some players that bailed and it failed and left them in a awkward spot trying to claw back, but in the end I want to see the best golfers compete against each other. 

The Players will be a interesting time and we will see what if any more press comes out about this league, however in the mean time I'm just happy that the talk has seemingly died down and we can move onto normal golf news so to speak. 

Well, the list of players many expected to be among the "magic 20" has definitely changed.  There may still enough middle shelf, well known players, from the other tours, that will choose that tour simply for the guaranteed paycheck and front end sign-on bonus. 

Right now, I'm most interested in what Norman thinks of "the Phil" situation... cannot find anything from him on this.

If I could say one thing to Phil it would be, simply, "when you find yourself in a hole the first and likely best course of action is to stop digging."

That, of course, requires a degree of insight, maturity, and discernment that seems somewhat lacking.

PXG 0211  12*  Paderson Kinetixx A flex

PXG 0211 5 and 7 Woods  Paderson Kinetixx A Flex

PXG 0211 5 and 5 Hybrids  MMT A Flex

Cobra 7 Hybrid  A Flex

PXG 8,9,PW,GW Vista Pro A Flex

Cleveland CBX 54/12

Cobra Vintage Nova 33"

Two threads are getting mixed. I posted in the other one:

Agree. The worst is not his criticism of the PGA Tour, but the comments that came out from Shipnuck about knowing how horrible are the Saudis but still being ok taking the money.

His statement yesterday just made things worse. This is not about golf needing change. This is about Phil selling out to make even more money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LICC said:

Agree. The worst is not his criticism of the PGA Tour, but the comments that came out from Shipnuck about knowing how horrible are the Saudis but still being ok taking the money.

His statement yesterday just made things worse. This is not about golf needing change. This is about Phil selling out to make even more money.

The irony in Phil accusing the PGA of "obnoxious greed" is hilarious. Again, buh-bye Phil. Greg Norman has to be fuming in ever getting Phil "on his side."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

If you follow Alan Shipnuck on Twitter, he posted a pretty thorough response to Phil's accusation that his comments were supposed to be off the record.  Brandel was on Golf Channel yesterday with a pretty brutal (but insightful) dissection of Phil's "apology".  Put it all together and it's been an incredibly damaging couple weeks for Phil, and his statement is actually only going to make it worse.

Phil made a feeble attempt to deflect by playing the victim. Oh and I loved learning his nickname on tour, FIGJAM. 😂😂

Clicgear 3.5+

Last night PGA Tour radio was saying that Norman is threatening the PGA with various aspects of anti-trust laws for their "if you leave the tour, you're done playing" position.

Greg Norman/LIV Golf challenge PGA Tour's legal right to ban players in memo | Golf Channel 

Extra butter, and pass the salt shaker please... 😆

Does Drew Brees' passing record push Joe Montana back to second in the GOAT  discussion? — Collectors Universe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm already beyond tired of this topic. I just can't get excited about a bunch of multi millionaires whining about fairness. It was fun to watch Phil self destruct though, take Norman down with him, and hear other pros distance themselves from both...🤣 I'm sure they'll be back, but at least for now they should be quiet...

• Like 1