TESTERS WANTED! ×

Charles Howell III

fixyurdivot

Lost in last weeks headlines involving Charley Hoffman, Bryson's injury and rumored move to the World Tour, and the "beer shower" at #16, was the news that golfs version of Cal Ripken Jr. set a milestone of 600 starts.  Even more impressive is that he's made 461 cuts!! (I see you FTx guys heading for the players pool 😄).  So while Mark Brooks still owns the most ever tour starts record (803), he only batted 0.535.  How far towards eclipsing the 803 starts CH3 can go remains to be seen but his health and level of play suggests he may very well become golfs ultimate ironman.

The 600 club: Charles Howell III hits PGA Tour milestone at WM Phoenix Open | Golf Channel

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I am not sure that there is a better person to be than Charles. Play golf most weeks and make boatloads of money without the fame that goes with it. Sign me up!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

He's won a boatload of money, but when he came out on tour I really expected him to win more than he has. Must be one of those "intangibles".

$41,000,000 is indeed a boatload of earnings and I agree that him not having won a handful more events is surprising.  Clearly he and I both suffer from cheappatiochairitis down the stretch and under pressure 🤣.

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I am not sure that there is a better person to be than Charles. Play golf most weeks and make boatloads of money without the fame that goes with it. Sign me up!

I agree.  I've always liked him.  Even had him on the FTx roster last season for a spell.  

His marketing team should have had him change his name to Thurston a long time ago. 

They really missed the boat on that one.  😉

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

His marketing team should have had him change his name to Thurston a long time ago. 

They really missed the boat on that one.  😉

The younger crowd didn't get that one!!  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Lost in last weeks headlines involving Charley Hoffman, Bryson's injury and rumored move to the World Tour, and the "beer shower" at #16, was the news that golfs version of Cal Ripken Jr. set a milestone of 600 starts.  Even more impressive is that he's made 461 cuts!! (I see you FTx guys heading for the players pool 😄).  So while Mark Brooks still owns the most ever tour starts record (803), he only batted 0.535.  How far towards eclipsing the 803 starts CH3 can go remains to be seen but his health and level of play suggests he may very well become golfs ultimate ironman.

The 600 club: Charles Howell III hits PGA Tour milestone at WM Phoenix Open | Golf Channel

Would you rather have a career like his or one with a shorter span but more victories?

Titleist 917 D2 8.5*/Diamana Whiteboard 70S

Titleist 913D 15*/Diamana 72S

TM TP Rescue 19* TP Shaft S /TM GAPR 24* KBS Hybrid 80S 

Callaway X-Forged 2013 4-W/PX Flighted 6.0 

SM7  52*/PX 6.0

Callaway MD 56*/TT S200

SM7 60*/PX 6.0

Odyssey OG #1 

2 minutes ago, JubJub2020 said:

Would you rather have a career like his or one with a shorter span but more victories?

Good question.  I think a career like his suits me best.  Earn a really great living ($41M and counting), playing a game you love, while largely flying under the radar of all the negative aspects of modern era social media.  

Curious how others answer your question 👍.

I had just moved to Atlanta and went to that event in '96, but I don't remember CHIII being in it. Played both courses at the resort after the tournament ended. Unfortunately, after the tournament left the resort, and golf courses, fell into disrepair for a long while. Have not been back there in 20+ years so no idea if it's made a comeback. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 4/17/2022 at 6:47 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Good question.  I think a career like his suits me best.  Earn a really great living ($41M and counting), playing a game you love, while largely flying under the radar of all the negative aspects of modern era social media.  

Curious how others answer your question 👍.

Spoken like most ams... getting to play the game we love/hate and make a lot of money doing it.  

I suspect that most pros that make the decision to tour think they can win or they wouldn't do it.  That's their goal... to win.  However, I suspect that many touring pros figure out when they get on the tour that it's extremely hard to win, and eventually settle into a mindset that I can still make a lot of money if I can keep my card.  If they can play well enough to keep their card, they can actually contend if they play the right course and the stars align correctly.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”