TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 Most Wanted Stand Bag

PBH3

Another great review for the Ping Hoofer, does anyone know what changes were made to the 2022 version compared to the 2021 edition?  

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- Ping Sigma G Tyne (Superstroke grip)
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

Really like the Titleist Hybrid stand bag but not sure on the 14 individual club separators. Any feedback on individual slots vs. 4 large dividers?

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5 degree; :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60G, 6.0 Flex

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 3W 15 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2,  3 Hybrid 18 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 4 Hybrid 21 degrees

:titelist-small: T200 5 Iron

:titleist-small: T150 6 thru PW

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM8 48 & 52; SM9 58 degrees

:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5 Putter; :EVNROLL: ER5v Hatchback Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1-2023 & :maxfli: 2023 Tour Ball 

:titleist-small: Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
Bushnell Tour V5 Rangefinder 

:Arccos: Caddie 

:SuperSpeed:  Training System 

4 minutes ago, Dennis K said:

Really like the Titleist Hybrid stand bag but not sure on the 14 individual club separators. Any feedback on individual slots vs. 4 large dividers?

I hate individual slots. It’s really all about personal preference. Give me 4 or 5 big slots and a dedicated putter slot all day

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

I hate individual slots. It’s really all about personal preference. Give me 4 or 5 big slots and a dedicated putter slot all day

Same here, but I don't know of any stand bag that has a dedicated putter slot.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I personally like the 14 slots as it keeps the clubs from getting as tangled up in the bottom of the bag.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I personally like the 14 slots as it keeps the clubs from getting as tangled up in the bottom of the bag.  

I've never had one, but it's high on my list of wants for my next stand bag for sure. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I'm with you on this. I have midsize grips and they seem to tangle more with open dividers. I prefer a 14 way as well. As a matter of fact I'm looking to replace my current 14 way cart bag (Bag Boy Chiller) with a 14 way hybrid stand bag. The trick is finding full length dividers and make sure it sits well on a push cart. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm with you on this. I have midsize grips and they seem to tangle more with open dividers. I prefer a 14 way as well. As a matter of fact I'm looking to replace my current 14 way cart bag (Bag Boy Chiller) with a 14 way hybrid stand bag. The trick is finding full length dividers and make sure it sits well on a push cart. 

Check out the new Callaway bags, they might fit the bill for you.

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I've got the Titleist Hybrid 14, best of both worlds for me.  And believe me when I say I spent two months making that decision...

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

5 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Check out the new Callaway bags, they might fit the bill for you.

4 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

I've got the Titleist Hybrid 14, best of both worlds for me.  And believe me when I say I spent two months making that decision...

I've been checking both of those and also the Bag Boy chiller hybrid and the Maxfli. I've been stewing all winter on it. I just need to get to a place and see them in person. Usually the only time I can get to a place is when I'm traveling for work. There is nothing less than 1 -1/2 hours from my house so unless I am heading somewhere for another reason it's hard to justify three hours of driving just to look at something. Usually the place I get to has a limited selection to begin with. You know that the 2022 most wanted stand bag has fueled my fire again.

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I've been checking both of those and also the Bag Boy chiller hybrid and the Maxfli. I've been stewing all winter on it. I just need to get to a place and see them in person. Usually the only time I can get to a place is when I'm traveling for work. There is nothing less than 1 -1/2 hours from my house so unless I am heading somewhere for another reason it's hard to justify three hours of driving just to look at something. Usually the place I get to has a limited selection to begin with. You know that the 2022 most wanted stand bag has fueled my fire again.

I've read in several different reviews but have no first hand knowledge of weak zippers and stitching on the Maxfli bags.  Again, that's research and not personal experience.  Interestingly enough the Bag Boy Chiller was my second choice.  What sealed the deal for me was the fact that the Titleist Hybrid had the typical "double strap" we've come to expect on carry bags.  Makes it easier for my old back hauling the bag from the car to the driving range.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

3 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

I've read in several different reviews but have no first hand knowledge of weak zippers and stitching on the Maxfli bags.  Again, that's research and not personal experience.  Interestingly enough the Bag Boy Chiller was my second choice.  What sealed the deal for me was the fact that the Titleist Hybrid had the typical "double strap" we've come to expect on carry bags.  Makes it easier for my old back hauling the bag from the car to the driving range.

I definitely want a double strap as well.

6 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

I've read in several different reviews but have no first hand knowledge of weak zippers and stitching on the Maxfli bags.  Again, that's research and not personal experience. 

There's probably a reason why their bags cost a lot less. Sounds like stitching and zippers.  

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I definitely want a double strap as well.

The Titleist bag, standard, has that.  I did not do research on how easy/difficult it might have been to convert one of the single strap bags to a double strap.  Part of my logic in that respect was "for what I'm going to spend I really don't want to add extra expense just to get what I really want..."

Added bonus with the Titleist bag is that the, whatever you call it, flap/panel/etc. on the ball  pocket can be totally removed from the bag.  For a modest sum I had a local place embroider my name on that panel/flap.  For the first time in 50+ years of playing the game I have an understated but personalized golf bag.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

My Mizuno BRD4 does. 

I did not know that!!  My wife has the BRD4 but it's a cart bag.  A little big for my liking.  I love my W/S carry bag, but no putter well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

But watch to make sure the 14 slots have FULL LENGTH dividers.  I got the Ping Hoofer 14 to have the dividers, and was very disappointed the dividers only go down 12-15" from the top.  So the clubs still get tangled at the bottom, and have a hard time putting them in or taking a club out.  Enough so that I traded my Ping Hoofer 14 to one with 4-way top.

On 2/17/2022 at 2:34 PM, PBH3 said:

Another great review for the Ping Hoofer, does anyone know what changes were made to the 2022 version compared to the 2021 edition?  

Sorry that your topic got hijacked into a 14-way vs 4-way debate.  

I''m not sure, but looking at the Ping site and current offerings online for 2020 and 2021, they look the same.  It does look like 2022 has some new colors: Tan, Cardinal, Navy and Multicam.

My favorite bag - OGIO with Woode top (8 slot top) was not included?  (Perfect compromise between 5 top vs. 14 top.)

As such, I'll assume it is still the BEST (at least for me).  Ha!

Driver: TaylorMade M1
5W: TaylorMade M4
4h:
:cobra-small: One Length 25*
5-GW:
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, Project X 5.5
Wedges:
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* S, 58* D, True Temper Wedge Flex
Putter:  Evnroll 
 ER5 Black Hatchback
Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x when with others who can spot / Callaway Bold Superhot when alone or T off near driving range (so I can find my ball)

21 hours ago, jlukes said:

Thanks, I feel the same way. I know this is me being picky but I just don’t like the look of 14 individual slots. I like to be organized but not that organized with my clubs. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5 degree; :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60G, 6.0 Flex

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 3W 15 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2,  3 Hybrid 18 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 4 Hybrid 21 degrees

:titelist-small: T200 5 Iron

:titleist-small: T150 6 thru PW

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM8 48 & 52; SM9 58 degrees

:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5 Putter; :EVNROLL: ER5v Hatchback Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1-2023 & :maxfli: 2023 Tour Ball 

:titleist-small: Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
Bushnell Tour V5 Rangefinder 

:Arccos: Caddie 

:SuperSpeed:  Training System 

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Personally, love the 14-slot bags! Protects my oversized grips from unnecessary wear and prevents tangling when you need to remove the selected club.

296hole-in-one WITBDriver - Ping G400 Max 10.5* or Titleist 917 D3 10.5*. Fairways - Srixon ZF45 17* 4w; Callaway Rogue 16.5* 4w; Callaway Epic 20* Heavenwood & 24* Divine Nine wood. Irons: TaylorMade P790, 4 - AW. Wedges - Cleveland Black RTX 2.0 AW 52, SW 56 & LW 60; Callaway SureOut 58* SW & 64* XW. Putter(s) - Scotty Cameron Concept X CX-01; Scotty Cameron Golo S5; Scotty Cameron Red X2 C/S; Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H; Balls - Callaway Truvis; Volvik Vivid Matte Finish; Titleist Pro V1x.

Although neither the Stitch SL2 nor the Sun Mountain 2.5+ got particularly great marks, I have both of these stand bags and I love them both. Both are plenty light in weight and comfortable to carry. However, if you are looking for more than a minimal amount of storage, the Sun Mountain is a better choice than the Stitch bag (Stitch Golf is very upfront about the SL2 being a “minimalist’s bag”, and it certainly is).  When it comes to comfort in carrying, nothing beats the Stitch carry bags, in my opinion, but the Sun Mountain isn’t far behind.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I'm looking for a hybrid or carry bag that has a big top, 14-way full-length dividers, and a smaller overall size.    All the 14-way bags with a large top also seem to have tons of pockets and storage space, which I don't want.  I just need 3 or 4 small-to-medium size pockets.   Any recommendations?  Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, 63to69 said:

I have oversized grips, so the 14-way makes it easier to get the clubs in and out. 
🏌️

I use midsized and that’s one of the reasons a 14 way is high on my list for my next bag. 

I know everyone has their own preferences so if you're asking, I am saying PING.  I've had 4 in over 33 years of golf.  They don't break, they're light and they're durable.

Since they're also innovative as their clubs, the bags made a great adjustment a few years ago which made it stand better on the back of a cart.  That decision was long overdue.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 2/19/2022 at 10:34 AM, russtopherb said:

I use midsized and that’s one of the reasons a 14 way is high on my list for my next bag. 

This is an important point. I never really noticed my clubs getting tangled in the bag until I switched to midsize grips. Since I've gone to 14 full length dividers it's been easy peasy to get clubs in and out.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 2/18/2022 at 5:16 PM, Michael M. said:

My favorite bag - OGIO with Woode top (8 slot top) was not included?  (Perfect compromise between 5 top vs. 14 top.)

As such, I'll assume it is still the BEST (at least for me).  Ha!

I also am a BIG OGIO fan!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Reading the article makes me want to buy a bag when I have two nice bags at home. What a great thorough write up on different styles. I know now if I get another bag it will not 14 dividers to save some weight and carry instead of use my push cart more often. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

On 2/18/2022 at 3:44 PM, mharr said:

Sorry that your topic got hijacked into a 14-way vs 4-way debate.  

I''m not sure, but looking at the Ping site and current offerings online for 2020 and 2021, they look the same.  It does look like 2022 has some new colors: Tan, Cardinal, Navy and Multicam.

Yeah, agree, see no evidence that there is a 'new" 2022 version. Looks like just color changes. Why change something that is just awesome!?

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)