Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golfing Dads - Would you buy an indoor mini golf set?

DanWall

Hi,

I'm new to the site and wanted to ask a question to the Dad golfers. I'm a father of 3 (3,3 and 7 years old) and want to create an indoor mini golf product. I want to get a read from other Golfing Dads on my idea. 

To help introduce my kids to the game, I've designed an indoor mini golf product. It's essentially a batch of artificial grass tiles that you can slot together to create whatever sized square or rectangle you like. Then you can add bumpers, pipes, bridges, blockers etc to create your own crazy golf/mini golf course. 

Does this sound like a good idea or a stupid one? 

Thanks for reading 😬

Welcome to MGS!

I can't say I would have bought something like that when my kids were little, as part of the fun in playing mini golf in our living room was finding what toys and household items we could find to make up our "course".

Best of luck to you!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Welcome to MGS!

I can't say I would have bought something like that when my kids were little, as part of the fun in playing mini golf in our living room was finding what toys and household items we could find to make up our "course".

Best of luck to you!

I'm with Russ on this. As a soon to be dad and as someone who loved putting as a kid, the creativity of changing the "course" is more than half the fun. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

I think it is an interesting idea, but I would also probably not purchase it for 2 main reasons. 1) My kids are crazy so I wouldnt really want them to have real clubs and balls in the house. If it was outdoor maybe, but then it would need to be able to handle the elements, pets, and compensate for non-level ground (most interchangable tiles to will not doe this). 2) Being a snap together, it would likely be difficult to make it roll tru over those connections so it couln't really be used for mroe serious putting practice when the kids are not around/interested. 

I do wish you luck though! 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Welcome to the site!

I tend to agree I most likely would not purchase something like this. My son and daughter(now 9 and daughter 3) enjoy just putting on a rug or my mat. They create their own games around the house. 

Good thought but for something that would most likely take some time to setup my kids would probably lose interest quickly. Constantly changing what they want to play or do next!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Welcome from another father of three!  

My two boys really enjoy putting around the house.  And I remember making my own mini-golf course around the house when I was younger.  Currently my boys love when I take the practice putting mat out and like to try to make a perfect putt using my PuttOut.  We take turns and see who can make more.  When I was younger we would set up a plastic water cup to putt into from different rooms in the house.  Sometimes we even used the stair case as the tee box (we didn’t hit it hard!).  

The biggest barrier I see for you would be in making it quickly adjustable to change the hole.  It’s simple to go from room to room and say “you need to go around the coffee table” versus setting up a new hole each time.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8