TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is private golf cart allowed in your club?

Most courses allow private carts however they usually require you pay a "Trail Fee" This is typically a fee for the year that allows you to use your cart that is either stored at the clubs facility or you live on / near the course and can drive right on to the course. I haven't seen any that allow you to trailer your cart to the course. The average around my area is between $400 and $700 for the year. But most also require you to carry insurance. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I don't know what it costs but I've worked, or had friends that worked at CCs built through developments. All of them allowed members to have their own cart. I can only speak to the one I worked at that members were charged a trail fee.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

My course allows personal carts.  Like the guys above mentioned we have a trail fee and must carry insurance.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

My course allows personal carts but requests (requires?) that they be white or cream colored to better blend with the course carts.  Private cart users are charged the same monthly fee that includes cart use for those who don't have their own carts, so there is no cost savings associated with having your own cart.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Our muni allows carts but they can't be stored on site... no room.  Carts can't be driven to the course; not allowed on city streets. So, all personal carts are trailered in; a couple in fancy enclosed trailers pulled by Hummers.  Most of the guys with trailers are members of the Men's Club and are there every morning.  A Trail Fee is required; I believe it's about half of the course annual rental cart fee.  Not sure about a specific insurance policy; isn't that covered by homeowner's insurance?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm at a private club and private carts are allowed with payment of trail fees annually.  I'm also in a gated community that has 8 other public (public to residents) courses.  They also allow private carts, which must be registered with the Property Owners Association (who also is in charge of those courses) for a fee.  One may pay an annual trail fee for unlimited use on any of the courses  or a reduced daily trail fee that allows use of your cart on any course at a discounted fee whenever you play.  The community does allow carts on the paved streets, but the carts must be street legal (lights, signals, safety flag, etc).  Due to the size of the community, trailering ones cart between courses is also allowed.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

The club I belong to allows private carts but there is a monthly or annual trail fee, your choice, and have to have insurance and the cart has to be approved by the head pro.  They don't allow the long stretched ones on the course and have to use conforming tires, stuff like that.  Our trail fee isn't all that much less than the price of cart plan so really my personal cart is just a convenience thing for me and my wife.  But we really like having it.    I forgot to add that if our cart down for repairs or if my wife and I both playing but at different times, we can still use a club owned cart for no extra charge.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Our club in Ohio charges about $600/yr/family trail fee, and they also give you the option to 'occasionally' use their carts when your's is out for repair at no additional charge. Separate insurance is required. At our Florida club the trail fee is 1,100. , however, you can elect to use the club's carts instead - that annual fee is $1,700. If you haver a trail fee and need to use their cart, they charge an additional $12/round. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart