TESTERS WANTED! ×

King Forged Tec (copper)

I currently shoot mid 90s and putt poorly. I'm playing with a cavity back game improvement set of irons.  I like the Cobra King Tec copper irons,  and I could definitely use the extra distance from the lower lofts. I'm hoping to hear of their forgiveness or lack of from anyone that has hit them please?  I'd only be buying 6-GW if I do.  Hybrid or Fairway wood from there.  

Mid 90's bad putter,  love this game !

Check out these as we had a few of our testers review these irons!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/3-full-bag-reviews-cobra-connect-5/

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit confused, the above link doesn't have anything on Forged Tec Irons.  It had Rad Speed, King Tour MIM, and then King Tour MIM again but in copper.  So nothing on Forged Tec.

So I will weigh in here as I have these irons, just no in copper.

I'm about the same as you @Plowedge81, shooting mid 90's.  Last year I upgraded from cavity back GI irons (Callaway X20's) to these King Forged Tec 2020 irons.

I find that the consistency on hitting these to be better than my old set.  Distance is better overall, but more importantly not losing massive yardage on off center hits.

In short answer, I have found forgiveness to be better on these and my shots to be purer.  However, I was fitted for these and I'm certain that a shaft fitted for my swing also makes a big difference on being able to get consistent shots compared to my old "off the shelf" clubs.

I can say this though, I am very pleased with my Forged Tec irons.

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

Simple answer is to test them yourself and if you like them then go get fit for them. Buying blind based on peoples feedback on an Internet forum that dot swing like you even if they have the same handicap and swing speed will more than likely lead to bad results. Could be the head, the shaft, the combo that doesn’t make them work for you.

There are no bad clubs on the market just clubs that are a bad fit for the golfer

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Also, just be aware that the copper will wear over time (especially on the sole). These will not look mint in 6 months if you are cool with that. The copper will show wear much more than chrome (but also these are tools not jewels in my mind).

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

On 3/7/2022 at 12:04 PM, vandyland said:

Also, just be aware that the copper will wear over time (especially on the sole). These will not look mint in 6 months if you are cool with that. The copper will show wear much more than chrome (but also these are tools not jewels in my mind).

I am currently gaming the King Tour MIMs in the copper finish. Like @vandyland said, the copper does wear out. I’ve only had my PW and 9 iron start showing wear. It’s mainly on the bottom of the club and the lower grooves. I honestly don’t mind the look at all. Yeah it was sexy looking when I first got them paired with the black KBS $ shafts, but it’s been holding up decently well. I didn’t hold back either. We have sandy ranges in Alabama, and those will take off the paint of anything.

Back to the original question, I can’t speak for the Forged Tecs, but the MIMs have been great with forgiveness if you’re willing to look into those. I also have a 4hybrid in the Radspeed from Cobra. This might be one of my favorite clubs to hit. I could never hit my 4 iron in my old set, so when I got my new set, I went PW-5 with a 4 hybrid. Don’t regret it at all.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama