TESTERS WANTED! ×

Daytona Beach/Orlando (Florida) Course Recommendations

CanadaMike

Hey Everyone! I am headed to the Daytona Beach area in April and am wondering if anyone has any course recommendations? Ideally I would like to play within an hour drive of Daytona Beach but would consider driving further if its worth it. Looking to keep it under $150 per round as well. Appreciate any suggestions!

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

• CanadaMike changed the title to Daytona Beach/Orlando (Florida) Course Recommendations

Probably an atypical recommendation but the Winter Park 9 hole golf course is excellent. Here is a cool write-up by the Fried Egg -- Municipal Golf of the Future: Winter Park 9 - Golf Course Architecture & News (thefriedegg.com)

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

2 hours ago, vandyland said:

Probably an atypical recommendation but the Winter Park 9 hole golf course is excellent. Here is a cool write-up by the Fried Egg -- Municipal Golf of the Future: Winter Park 9 - Golf Course Architecture & News (thefriedegg.com)

Awesome thank you! I hadn't heard of that course before your post so I appreciate you sharing it!

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

Maybe a little too outside your radius, but you should def check out Orange County National (Panther Lake &  Crooked Cat https://www.ocngolf.com/)  Totally different than your typical Florida Golf track (which I love), but they pride themselves on pristine conditions and it shows.  Practice facilities are unreal and super accommodating staff.  Another one in the Orlando area you should def check out is The Celebration Club. Very Charleston SC vide with a ton of charm.  

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

On 2/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, brockcdavison said:

Maybe a little too outside your radius, but you should def check out Orange County National (Panther Lake &  Crooked Cat https://www.ocngolf.com/)  Totally different than your typical Florida Golf track (which I love), but they pride themselves on pristine conditions and it shows.  Practice facilities are unreal and super accommodating staff.  Another one in the Orlando area you should def check out is The Celebration Club. Very Charleston SC vide with a ton of charm.  

Awesome thank you very much! They look like beautiful courses, might have to get up extra early one day and drive to one of those!

Right in Daytona, you have the LPGA courses....two of them.  Absolutely terrific.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Right in Daytona, you have the LPGA courses....two of them.  Absolutely terrific.

Except in January the year we played with you and Rev when the courses are soaked and shouldn't be played on... but they took our money anyway and didn't tell us.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The World Golf Hall of Fame is an hour north and the two courses, King and the Bear and the Slammer and the Squire are great.  It's also a great visit as Gary Player says: "If you love golf, you've got to go."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The World Golf Hall of Fame is an hour north and the two courses, King and the Bear and the Slammer and the Squire are great.  It's also a great visit as Gary Player says: "If you love golf, you've got to go."

Thank you both! I have golfed one of the LPGA courses and it was fantastic. I'll have to check out the World Golf Hall of Fame as well!