TESTERS WANTED! ×

Found Ball Etiquette

chisag

... Let me start by saying I don't think there are any right or wrong answers, just personal opinions. So hopefully this is just a fun discussion. I get paired up with "strangers" the become acquaintances when I play with them multiple times. One guy from Canada I enjoy playing with (and his wife) I have been paired up with maybe 5 times and they have been behind me on several more occasions. We were playing this past week and he said he needed some new golf balls and might get some Bridgestone B330S balls but they were kinda expensive. So I told him about the Maxfli Tour balls and after watching him play I knew they would be a good ball for him. He said he found one the other day and was gonna give it a try when I showed him my ball. He took a close look and said "It might even be one of your balls!" After the round he met me in the parking lot and showed me the ball and sure enough it was one of mine with my unique marking. He didn't offer to return it and I didn't ask. 

... So the question is, if someone finds one of your balls NOT on the day you are playing together but on a completely different day ... is it still your ball or is it finders keepers? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

If you lose a ball, it’s no longer yours - period. I do not expect to get a lost ball back. I rarely play found balls, so there’s no danger someone would ask me for a ball “back.” That said, if I find a ball with a mark I recognize as one of my regular golf buddies (same day foursome ahead or another day altogether), I will give it back if at all possible (sometimes we joke and say we’ll sell the ball back to the original owner for $1). About half of the guys I play with don’t mark their golf balls (some just lazy, others so they can claim a found ball is theirs when it’s probably not), so it’s not an issue in that case.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I gave it back.  I have a buddy that marks his balls in a pretty unique way so when I found it I made sure to give it back when I next saw him a few weeks later.  Just a fun conversation piece.

I think in a general case I would expect "finders keepers.". If I lost a ball, I'm just happy it found a second life, LOL.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

If I lose a ball I offer it up the golf gods as sacrifice … once it’s gone I no longer want it back so I wouldn’t of asked if it but pretty funny that happen though 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I’d probably toss is back to you in a pseudo-macho man kind of way. (Jokingly of-course) with a “Try not to lose it again buddy” line or something like that.  Especially if you were someone that I usually play with.  If I didn’t really know you that well I’d prob just toss it back to you.

I actually found one of my cousin’s balls near the edge of a pond (he was a few holes ahead of me) and told him I’ll have to get it back to him next time I see him.  But my sound has since claimed it as his own.  He likes it because it’s green.  I’ll have to see if I can sneak it out of his bag.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Interesting.

I'm almost just as curious to know how often this would happen? 

The group i played in had a kinda unwritten rule. Nike balls found went to one guy TM usually to me, Callaway went to another and everything else usually was left to the football guy in the group. This all just sorta happened over time when we realized we all played different balls and such. 

If it was me I'd offer it back, but by that same token if someone found mine i wouldn't expect them to give it back to me. Once lost in my books it is truly considered lost. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm usually the first one off in the morning. If I find a ball, I know it wasn't in play thus a found ball. However if it has someone's name on it, if I see him I'll give it to him or leave it on the pro shop desk. But for the most part I don’t find many balls with personalized markings on them. I'm not a ball hunter but sometimes our grounds crew finds them while mowing, grading bunkers, and such and they leave them by the side of the green for whoever wants them. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

if I found a ball and was able to identify the owner I would offer to give it back.   If someone were to offer a ball to me that I had lost,  I'd just tell them to keep it since it wanted to be lost. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would offer to give it back if I knew who’s it was. Found one of Bryan’s back in league days but I wouldn’t expect anyone to return mine just know i would. I also don’t play many round balls u less it’s in good shape……in the woods they usually aren’t 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I wouldn't make much of a stink if they found mine.

If anything, I would say something along the lines of sheesh, I thought I was the only person who hit the ball 90 miles east of my target 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

If you lose a ball on a hole, as soon as you move on to the next hole it's fair game for anyone to find it and is no longer yours.  Personally in your explained situation I would have done the exact same as cnosil.  If i found it I'd offer it back, if it was mine and someone tried to give it back I'd either say no, or I'd take and offer to buy them a drink.

At my course we have a rule between a bunch of guys.  We all know what type of ball and markings each other use, so if you find someone's ball and give it back to them then they owe you a drink.  It's rather fun presenting someone's ball back to them at the bar 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

47 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

If you lose a ball on a hole, as soon as you move on to the next hole it's fair game for anyone to find it and is no longer yours.  Personally in your explained situation I would have done the exact same as cnosil.  If i found it I'd offer it back, if it was mine and someone tried to give it back I'd either say no, or I'd take and offer to buy them a drink.

At my course we have a rule between a bunch of guys.  We all know what type of ball and markings each other use, so if you find someone's ball and give it back to them then they owe you a drink.  It's rather fun presenting someone's ball back to them at the bar 🙂

Now that is creative! 

When I loose a ball, I consider it gone forever. It was a sign that I didn't deserve that ball and I don't want it back. On the other hand, if I found your ball, I would offer it back.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Let me start by saying I don't think there are any right or wrong answers, just personal opinions. So hopefully this is just a fun discussion. I get paired up with "strangers" the become acquaintances when I play with them multiple times. One guy from Canada I enjoy playing with (and his wife) I have been paired up with maybe 5 times and they have been behind me on several more occasions. We were playing this past week and he said he needed some new golf balls and might get some Bridgestone B330S balls but they were kinda expensive. So I told him about the Maxfli Tour balls and after watching him play I knew they would be a good ball for him. He said he found one the other day and was gonna give it a try when I showed him my ball. He took a close look and said "It might even be one of your balls!" After the round he met me in the parking lot and showed me the ball and sure enough it was one of mine with my unique marking. He didn't offer to return it and I didn't ask. 

... So the question is, if someone finds one of your balls NOT on the day you are playing together but on a completely different day ... is it still your ball or is it finders keepers? 

I would give it back if iI know it belongs to someone because of a unique marking. On the other hand if I lost a ball I don't think I'd want it back since it's got bad juju. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm a golf ball snob, so I don't bother hawking balls on the course.  Generally just leave them there.  However, I occasionally pick up a ball type that I play.  If I know whose ball it is, I return it to them and tell them I found it deep in the woods while walking my dog.  I've had people give me my balls back and I've seen others playing them.  Don't care one way or another.  Balls are disposable equipment.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I typically do not loose balls like I once did.  That said, if I loose it, I consider it gone.  In addition I normally do not pick up balls I find on the course.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I rarely lose a ball that isn't at the bottom of a pond, so I don't expect anyone to find one of mine.  I have no idea what balls or markings that the usual people on our course play, so I wouldn't know who to give a found ball to.  That said, I don't pick up balls unless it is one that I would play and it's obvious that it's lost and the ball didn't come from another hole (that happens a lot).  

I played in a charity tournament one year when at the banquet afterwards, the guy with the microphone asked if anyone knew whose ball this was with these initials.  A lady jumped up and yelled that it was her husband's ball; the announcer said that the police found it on the other side of the fence across the street from hole #7.  Everyone howled!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, CarlH said:

I'm a golf ball snob, so I don't bother hawking balls on the course.  Generally just leave them there.  However, I occasionally pick up a ball type that I play.  If I know whose ball it is, I return it to them and tell them I found it deep in the woods while walking my dog.  I've had people give me my balls back and I've seen others playing them.  Don't care one way or another.  Balls are disposable equipment.

I’m 100% a ball snob too… but I throw them in a ziplock and label them “crap balls” to give to my brother or one of my friends learning the game.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm usually the first one off in the morning. If I find a ball, I know it wasn't in play thus a found ball. However if it has someone's name on it, if I see him I'll give it to him or leave it on the pro shop desk. But for the most part I don’t find many balls with personalized markings on them. I'm not a ball hunter but sometimes our grounds crew finds them while mowing, grading bunkers, and such and they leave them by the side of the green for whoever wants them. 

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I’m 100% a ball snob too… but I throw them in a ziplock and label them “crap balls” to give to my brother or one of my friends learning the game.  

As a usually first off person I'm in the same boat with finding balls. Last year I got so many that I stopped picking them up altogether at times because my cart and my bag were both full at different points of the year.

My general rule is that urethane balls get saved for practice and anything else gets left unless it's in really good shape or colored. My course owner once told me colored balls sell extremely well out of his "gently used" barrel he has in the clubhouse. Once I get a handful of colored ones saved up I go in and dump them in his stock. Sure enough, next time I go in to the clubhouse the colored ones are usually gone.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

As a usually first off person I'm in the same boat with finding balls. Last year I got so many that I stopped picking them up altogether at times because my cart and my bag were both full at different points of the year.

My general rule is that urethane balls get saved for practice and anything else gets left unless it's in really good shape or colored. My course owner once told me colored balls sell extremely well out of his "gently used" barrel he has in the clubhouse. Once I get a handful of colored ones saved up I go in and dump them in his stock. Sure enough, next time I go in to the clubhouse the colored ones are usually gone.

Yeah I find whenever I play in a group with a lot of new golfers they all tend to pull out the colored balls.  I do end up keeping a few for myself too.  I have a Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track that I might use with practice, but I’ve been playing around with it putting this winter.  It sounds noticeably harder off the putter face than a ProV1x.  I’m curious how it would sound/feel on a full swing.  I’ve also got a few truvis balls in the putting mix that are great when I don’t want to line one up but still can tell if I rolled it well.

Hopefully they hook you up for restocking their high margin and high demand items! 🤣

I too am a ball snob and only play a particular ball so I don't pick up any that I find. As my ball mark is very unique, I've had a couple of people at Windmill tell me they've found my ball and do I want it back. Always tell them no.

I honestly couldn't tell you what mark the guys that I play with regularly use to mark their balls.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

This is creative but could also slow up play. 😆  I guess I'm in the finders-keepers group but most definitely would return a ball if I found someone's. That "pay-it-forward" karma thing is real ya know.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm always in the "finders keepers" category here. If someone found my ball on another day and asked if I wanted it back, I'd laugh and say no. It obviously went as far away from me as possible for a reason 🤣

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

... On another forum I might be surprised but we few we happy few we band of brothers seem to be pretty much on the same page. To echo most I would return a ball if I recognized a personal marking but would not accept a ball returned to me nor would I want it. I use a new ball to start every round and have plenty of shag bag balls but I will pick up an obviously lost ball and either give it to my higher index pards that don't care what they play or donate them at the end of the season to a jr or underprivileged golf program.

... I will admit I was a little surprised Braham didn't offer to return it to me but I would not have accepted it if he did. I did not want to skew the responses but Braham told me he found a ball with the name of a guy he plays with in Canada and the guy wanted it back and Graham was adamant he no longer had any claim to it. The guy was pi$$ed but traded him a new ProV1 to get back his lost ball which shocked me and really the reason I started this thread. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

This discussion got me to wondering; what are the legal aspects of finding a ball that is labeled "property of so and so"?  🤔

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I used to drop off my used and found golf balls at the VA golf course until it closed down.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

23 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm not a ball hunter but sometimes our grounds crew finds them while mowing, grading bunkers, and such and they leave them by the side of the green for whoever wants them. 

I'm not a ball hunter either, but when I find one I will throw it out in the fairway, leave it on a tee or green for someone else - unless it's a pristine Pro V1. It's amusing to me to watch guys stumble on balls out in the open, and watch them look around trying to decide whether to pick it up or leave it. One of the guys I play with regularly leaves found balls right next to the pin hoping subsequent groups will think they've stuck an approach only to find out otherwise when they get on the green. Yes, we're all sick in the head... 🤓

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

3 minutes ago, Middler said:

One of the guys I play with regularly leaves found balls right next to the pin hoping subsequent groups will think they've stuck an approach only to find out otherwise when they get on the green. Yes, we're all sick in the head... 🤓

Now that's cruel! But funny.