TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Scratch Putters?

hckymeyer

Just saw that some pictures of prototypes were put on the @scratch_golf twitter page. Anyone have any more info on these? I'm really hoping they are releasing a production line instead of just a few prototypes.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Also if anyone will be at the PGA show I think they will have the new putters there. I'd love any info you can dig up or some additional pictures!

Ari had posted in a thread over on Puttertalk that they would be introducing new production putters at the PGA show this year. He posted that back in Sept and then again a few more details in Oct. I was hoping these were proto's for the new line.

I did see all the pics on their Facebook page, looked they were all from the August time frame.

I don't think that they ever solidified designs that they wanted to put into production.

With the demand for their wedges being very high and irons selling fairly well, not enough time in the day to bring full focus onto putters.

Their tour department putters have been sort of hit and miss, in my eye. Jeff McCoy has a lot of talent, but wedges are his strong suit, just now. If he dives into putters, full-time, that might change. He made a heel-shafted blade a couple of years ago that was a gorgeous piece of putting machinery.

I was one that thought the team of Nead/Scratch was a perfect match, but that did not play out like anyone saw it.

Keep your eyes peeled, I could be wrong on all counts with regards to their production aims and the PGA Show could shock us all.

LaMont in AZ

Here are the quotes from the thread at putter talk from Ari.

We should have retail putters at the PGA Show in January. Production has been delayed a little bit as our machine shop got a HUGE government contract that they have to work through but the designs are all done. Hope to have prototypes soon. Will of course post pics here when they are done.

To start we will have 2 different designs. One with be something that resembles an Anser and the other will be a mallet. I will have pics as soon as they are done. Material will be some kind of soft carbon steel. They will be available for purchase direct through Scratch or through any of our authorized distributors.

First one from Sept 2nd and last one from Oct 4th. No addition posts. Crossing my fingers for next week I guess.

Archived