TESTERS WANTED! ×

SQAIRZ Scores Its First PGA TOUR Win!

GolfSpy Barbajo

So you've probably seen this all over social media, but for SQAIRZ, Sepp Straka's win at the Honda is a certifiable big deal. Some do find it annoying when equipment companies promote the fact their players win using their gear - the worst I ever saw was a press release from a water bottle company congratulating a player who just won with their water battle in his bag. 

But that's the way of the world. And as Tim Clarke from Wilson once told us - Majors move product, but regular Tour wins validate your equipment. I'd say that's especially true for challenger brands or brands outside the norm like SQAIRZ. I've known Bob Winskowicz for two years now (he lives about 30 minutes from me), and find him to be a smart businessman and a passionate believer in his product. And the fact he's taken his company from nothing to a Tour victory in two years is something he can rightfully be proud of. 

I have a pair of the original SQAIRZ - not bad shoes at all but I found them to be on the heavy side. I bought a pair of the pink shoes for the Real Men Wear Pink promotion last fall (wife is and father was a cancer survivor, so it was a cause near and dear). Haven't had a chance to try them on the course, but that will come. They are noticeably lighter than the first edition and--- they're pink. 

I can say the wider sole had a totally different feel when you wear them. I can't put a better word on it than you feel....stable.

Anyway, here's the press release. What are your thoughts?

WINDHAM, NH, February 28, 2022 -- SQAIRZ, the fastest growing golf shoe company, congratulates SQAIRZ Brand Ambassador, Sepp Straka, for winning his first PGA Tour Event. The Honda Classic is the first PGA Tour Event won by an athlete wearing the new SQAIRZ golf shoes.

Straka made birdies on holes 14, 16, and 18 to shoot 66 and best Shane Lowry by a single stroke. Straka ranked first in strokes gained off-the-tee and gained nearly five shots on the field. His combined distance (310-yard average) and accuracy (a field-leading 83.9% fairways hit) led him to his inaugural PGA Tour win.

After his massive 334-yard drive on the 18th hole, the longest drive of the week, SQAIRZ served Straka well as the rain began to fall, allowing him to nail his second shot and putt to secure the birdie and the win. SQAIRZ’s traction, waterproof material, stability, and comfort all came into play during that 18th hole.

When asked about his victory, Sepp Straka responded, “I can’t believe what a difference my SQAIRZ made on the 18th hole. Even with the poor conditions I was still able to get great traction to hit that great drive and nail that six iron, setting up the winning birdie.”

After hearing Sepp’s comment, Bob Winskowicz, the Founder and CEO of SQAIRZ responded, “That’s great testament to the performance of our new Speed golf shoes and we’re so glad to have been a part of this tremendous moment. All of us at SQAIRZ would like to congratulate Sepp on his amazing come from behind victory.”

For his win, Sepp Straka took home the winner’s share of the 8-million-dollar purse, $1.44 million. Not only was this Straka’s first PGA Tour Event win, this is also the first time an Austrian has won a PGA Tour Event. Straka has moved up to 14th on the current FedExCup points list and has secured his place in the Masters Tournament in April 2022. This first PGA Tour Event won by an athlete wearing SQAIRZ golf shoes comes on the heels of John Daly and son’s Champions Tour victory at the recent PNC Championship.

About SQAIRZ: SQAIRZ is the fastest growing golf shoe brand and the first golf shoe designed to increase distance, balance, stability, and speed. SQAIRZ®’s patented toe design, spike positioning, specially placed comfort padding, Sta-Put laces, and other performance innovations have been proven to improve golfers’ positioning, biomechanics, comfort, balance, and stability. These innovations help golfers to consistently achieve greater accuracy as well as increased ground force connection and swing speed for greater distance. For more information, visit sqairz.com or connect with the company on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube

sqairz 1.jpg.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Meh. I think it’s ridiculous they make the claims they do. Won’t ever own a pair, not a fan.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

17 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Meh. I think it’s ridiculous they make the claims they do. Won’t ever own a pair, not a fan.

Curious why you feel that way if you've never tried the shoes?  Would you be open to looking at several independent studies to investigate the science then try a pair at no cost?  

8 minutes ago, BobW said:

Curious why you feel that way if you've never tried the shoes?  Would you be open to looking at several independent studies to investigate the science then try a pair at no cost?  

No, because “Independent studies” just means, “We make-up studies to support our claims.” I love the pairs of FJ, Ecco, Puma and Adidas I have and I’m just not a fan of the square front edge of Sqairz. Thanks for the offer…

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

No, because “Independent studies” just means, “We make-up studies to support our claims.” 

No, it doesn't. 

As far as the claims, are you saying that the shoes DIDN'T give Straka good traction in the rain?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No, it doesn't. 

As far as the claims, are you saying that the shoes DIDN'T give Straka good traction in the rain?

Not saying anything regarding Straka… Not sure of a Pro that wears shoes that wouldn’t give them great traction in the rain. Seems like a hollow claim to me.
The claims of distance gains are the issue I have. I read through our MGS reviews of the shoes and didn’t note any of the reviewers seeing significant distance improvement just by wearing the shoes. 

53 minutes ago, PMookie said:

No, because “Independent studies” just means, “We make-up studies to support our claims.” I love the pairs of FJ, Ecco, Puma and Adidas I have and I’m just not a fan of the square front edge of Sqairz. Thanks for the offer…

My pleasure ... if you're ever interested in hearing about all the new science as it relates to golf footwear (ground force) im happy to jump on a call with you.  

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Meh. I think it’s ridiculous they make the claims they do.

8 minutes ago, BobW said:

if you're ever interested in hearing about all the new science as it relates to golf footwear (ground force) im happy to jump on a call with you.  

I think that structure of footwear is an area that is under appreciated and under published in golf.  IMO, the way a shoe is constructed can help the player get better performance.  Will SQAIRZ work for everyone?  The simple answer is no, but if the player fits the profile I think they will see better results on the course.  I liken it to a shaft; I can make almost any shaft work for me but finding the right one will help,with distance and dispersion.  Shoes are the same,  depending on how and when a player transfers weight and pushes off the ground, the shoe can help increase or optimize those forces resulting in more consistent performance.   

BobW, based on you response, I am guessing you are affiliated with SQAIRZ in some way and it would be appreciated if you could disclose your relationship.  I know representative of companies are allowed with some restrictions, just trying to understand who we are conversing with.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That is a big win for SQAIRZ and I will say there is nothing wrong with a brand promiting it's victory, well unless maybe it's a water bottle 🙂   But shoes by all means can and do play a big part in a players performance.   AS I have always advocated for people to not skimp on shoes.  Buy the highest quality shoe you can afford of any brand of your choices.  A $200 pair of addidas is going to benefit you a lot more than a pair $75 adidas, trust me.   It's a fact.

I have the orginal SQAIRZ shoes as well, and with the issues I faced last year, my game during recovery wasn't to where I could give anything a fair test, when it came to distance, just see my driver shootout thread and the limited run I had there.

I can say though, the many rounds I wore them, they are the most stable shoe I have ever worn, and that's not even close.  I do find them a bit on the heavy side as Barb mentioned, but during a cart round that's not a factor, it would honestly something I'd factor in if I was going to walk.

But congrats to Bob and the crew at SQAIRZ, and of course to Sepp on the win.   It was a fun finish to watch. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think that structure of footwear is an area that is under appreciated and under published in golf.  IMO, the way a shoe is constructed can help the player get better performance.  Will SQAIRZ work for everyone?  The simple answer is no, but if the player fits the profile I think they will see better results on the course.  I liken it to a shaft; I can make almost any shaft work for me but finding the right one will help,with distance and dispersion.  Shoes are the same,  depending on how and when a player transfers weight and pushes off the ground, the shoe can help increase or optimize those forces resulting in more consistent performance.   

BobW, based on you response, I am guessing you are affiliated with SQAIRZ in some way and it would be appreciated if you could disclose your relationship.  I know representative of companies are allowed with some restrictions, just trying to understand who we are conversing with.   

Bob is the owner of SQAIRZ and I just added the OEM tag to his name.   I don't think he was trying to hide anything in that way, probably just saw the thread by Barbs and wanted to jump in and address any concerens/questions that come up.   Having dealt with Bob during the member testig of last year, I can tell you he is 100% genuine and truly believes in the benefits of the shoes, and does have data to support the advertising.  

I'll let him chime in with anything else he cares to add, I know he's busy this morning but will gladly answer any questions anyone has. 

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Bob is the owner of SQAIRZ and I just added the OEM tag to his name.   I don't think he was trying to hide anything in that way, probably just saw the thread by Barbs and wanted to jump in and address any concerens/questions that come up.   Having dealt with Bob during the member testig of last year, I can tell you he is 100% genuine and truly believes in the benefits of the shoes, and does have data to support the advertising.  

I'll let him chime in with anything else he cares to add, I know he's busy this morning but will gladly answer any questions anyone has. 

Thanks for the clarification,  wasn’t trying to imply he was hiding anything, just nice to know when we are talking to people from the OEM.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This is interesting.  I've seen the commercials and am very skeptical of the claims, kind of like that green "square strike" chipper, or the Hammer X.  It really does sound like the claims are too good to be true.    Then again the idea of propelling an aircraft forward without a propeller, probably sounded crazy to everyone until the Germans developed the jet engine for their first jet planes during WW2.  Maybe I'll give them a try, if their waterproof and comfortable, that's all I really need.  If they do anything else for me, it would just be a bonus. 

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I have 5 pairs of SQAIRZ shoes and they are the only shoe I wear. I tried them originally as a test for another Forum and haven’t worn another shoe sense. I was a die hard Footjoy guy before. 
My first round with them I went full send and walked Torrey South. Instantly noticed how comfortable they are.  My feet didn’t hurt afterwards and that was a impressive since I normally have foot pain. 
As far as distance gains that would come from the ability to maintain traction and use ground force. I have always had a problem with my right foot slipping when hitting driver that problem has been solved with the SQAIRZ. I feel more confident in swing full out now knowing my foot won’t slip. 
The SQAIRZ are great shoes and extremely comfortable I would highly suggest trying a pair. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

48 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Not saying anything regarding Straka… Not sure of a Pro that wears shoes that wouldn’t give them great traction in the rain. Seems like a hollow claim to me.
The claims of distance gains are the issue I have. I read through our MGS reviews of the shoes and didn’t note any of the reviewers seeing significant distance improvement just by wearing the shoes. 

25 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am the Founder of SQAIRZ.   You are spot on regarding structure!  The golf swing creates a tremendous amount of force (pressure) and the shoe can either help you use it or lose it.   I would like to expand upon your last sentence.  How and when you transfer weight (pressure) is the key to creating distance.  It boils down to how fast you can move the pressure from the trail to the lead side.  This is what we call "breaking" (think of snapping a towel).  To get a little deeper, just because you can create a lot of pressure, doesn't necessarily mean you'll use it all ... postural control comes into play which is balance and stability, another underrated topic!  SQAIRZ has the widest base under the ball of the foot and provides discernably better balance, breaking and pressure exchange with the ground.     

35 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Thanks for the clarification,  wasn’t trying to imply he was hiding anything, just nice to know when we are talking to people from the OEM.    

Exactly, I know you weren't but just making it clear for the forum.

24 minutes ago, BobW said:

I am the Founder of SQAIRZ.   You are spot on regarding structure!  The golf swing creates a tremendous amount of force (pressure) and the shoe can either help you use it or lose it.   I would like to expand upon your last sentence.  How and when you transfer weight (pressure) is the key to creating distance.  It boils down to how fast you can move the pressure from the trail to the lead side.  This is what we call "breaking" (think of snapping a towel).  To get a little deeper, just because you can create a lot of pressure, doesn't necessarily mean you'll use it all ... postural control comes into play which is balance and stability, another underrated topic!  SQAIRZ has the widest base under the ball of the foot and provides discernably better balance, breaking and pressure exchange with the ground.     

I was convinced Nick Faldo was "hocking" some gimmick.   I may give them a try! Your explanation has some logic to it.  I'm not really a one shoe brand kind of golfer, I've worn Nike, Adidas, Footjoy,   as long as they are waterproof and comfortable, that's all I really  need, if they helped in any other way, it would be a bonus.

Edited by stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

Just now, stuka44 said:

I was convinced Nick Faldo was "hocking" some gimmick.   I may give them a try! Your explanation has some logic to it.  I'm not really a one shoe brand kind of golfer, I've worn Nike, Adidas, Footjoy,   as long as they are waterproof and comfortable, that's all I really  need.

They are 100% waterproof all the way to the top eyelet because we have a gusseted tongue (tongue is sewn on both sides to prevent water and debris from entering the shoes).  Because of the square toe, toes sit naturally and provides more comfort.  In addition to Faldo, Jim McLean, Rick Smith, Nick Bradley, Sepp Straka, and John Daly all wear and endorse the shoe.  We do offer a 30 day money back program.   

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

In regard to distance, Sqairz is not the only recent entry into the golf shoe market to make distance claims, but I have seen no data from the others to back that up. It may be there; I just haven't seen it. Sqairz has the data and has shared it. From my experience, I believe it begins with traction. If I'm not mistaken, they have patented the sole design and, believe me, the traction is outstanding! I can take the wildest swings or go up and down the steepest slopes in wet and sloppy conditions and I have not slipped once with these.

How much distance increase one sees may be determined but how much help you need in your golf swing. Someone with a terrible sway, for example, will probably benefit from the stability that these shoes provide just due to the wider base the shoe is built on. A better golfer might only see very moderate increases in distance, and probably not particularly discernible on a swing-by-swing comparison, but over time.........  For example, I use data tracking tools, Game Golf previously, and now Shot Scope. Based on the data collected, since starting to wear Sqairz, the average of all my drives has increased by 7 yards. I attribute it to more consistent ball striking due to a more stable base that these shoes are giving me. Oh, and I'll be 75 in a few months.

I, too, was originally a tester on another forum and now own four (4) pair of Sqairz and have gotten rid of all my previous pairs by FJ, Adidas and New Balance. After trying out that first pair, I won't wear any other golf shoe. You can like or dislike the look of the square toe, but that wider toe box makes the shoes extremely comfortable. Another observation, the first thing I noticed when I pulled that first pair out of the box was that they are, in fact, heavier than most golf shoes, as others have noted. I, personally, attribute that to being extremely "sturdy". Based on the little wear I have seen thus far, I fully expect my Sqairz to outlast other shoes 2 or 3 to 1. Oh, another thing I noticed with each pair as they have come out of the box, there isn't a loose or puckered thread anywhere to be found. The workmanship is outstanding! Finally, I did mention sloppy conditions. These shoes are extremely waterproof. No damp socks whatsoever.

My experience with Sqairz shoes has been exceptional! Are they for everyone? No. But I say don't knock 'em until you've tried 'em.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I just want to say I very much appreciate when OEMs take the time to answer questions about their products and engage with golfers here. Thanks for that!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Let me just say that I am very happy with the win by Straka, not just because he is on my golf fantasy team, but because he works really hard and have a very enjoyable game to watch.

Also I am extremely excited that this year the PGA tour is having so many first time winners, I think it definitely makes the week to week tournaments more enjoyable to watch.

As for golf shoes, I am going to be very honest, I have never even seen a Sqairz in real life, but I do see the commercials all of the time.

I have a few pairs of shoes from Adidas, Nike and FJ, and being someone with wide feet, I have a hard time finding shoes that are really comfortable, to be honest I buy shoes that are at least 1/2 size bigger than my normal size but I end up with a lot of 1 full size up to accommodate my feet width, specially with the Nike shoes.

Being a weekends golfer who really enjoy walking, I really look for shoes that fill a few boxes.

Comfort

Cost

Durability

and Looks,

I have realized that not all shoes check all of the boxes, with the comments of this tread, I realize that there are a lot opinions both ways, and maybe some of the negative ones regarding sqairz, is lack of knowledge about the shoes. With that in mind, I do appreciate @BobW taking the time to interact and answer questions here, as it is always great to hear from the OEM directly.

When I first saw the commercials for the shoes, I had the feeling that the shoe was more of a gimmick than anything, but Sepp's win as well as the list of other players wearing then, shifts that perception a little bit.

I also love the looks of the special edition shoes, Augusta you guys had last year and the and the American sole ones are really dope, I also see a lot nice designs on your website now.

I think the one question that a lot of people have is regarding the data to back up your claims, Bob, I see on your site the claims of increased distance and in one players case the drop of his/hers handicap by 7, from 18 to 11, is there a way to quantify or actual show that the distance and handicap improvements were directly related to the change of shoe?

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

20 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Let me just say that I am very happy with the win by Straka, not just because he is on my golf fantasy team, but because he works really hard and have a very enjoyable game to watch.

Also I am extremely excited that this year the PGA tour is having so many first time winners, I think it definitely makes the week to week tournaments more enjoyable to watch.

As for golf shoes, I am going to be very honest, I have never even seen a Sqairz in real life, but I do see the commercials all of the time.

I have a few pairs of shoes from Adidas, Nike and FJ, and being someone with wide feet, I have a hard time finding shoes that are really comfortable, to be honest I buy shoes that are at least 1/2 size bigger than my normal size but I end up with a lot of 1 full size up to accommodate my feet width, specially with the Nike shoes.

Being a weekends golfer who really enjoy walking, I really look for shoes that fill a few boxes.

Comfort

Cost

Durability

and Looks,

I have realized that not all shoes check all of the boxes, with the comments of this tread, I realize that there are a lot opinions both ways, and maybe some of the negative ones regarding sqairz, is lack of knowledge about the shoes. With that in mind, I do appreciate @BobW taking the time to interact and answer questions here, as it is always great to hear from the OEM directly.

When I first saw the commercials for the shoes, I had the feeling that the shoe was more of a gimmick than anything, but Sepp's win as well as the list of other players wearing then, shifts that perception a little bit.

I also love the looks of the special edition shoes, Augusta you guys had last year and the and the American sole ones are really dope, I also see a lot nice designs on your website now.

I think the one question that a lot of people have is regarding the data to back up your claims, Bob, I see on your site the claims of increased distance and in one players case the drop of his/hers handicap by 7, from 18 to 11, is there a way to quantify or actual show that the distance and handicap improvements were directly related to the change of shoe?

You are not alone; a lot of people buy 1/2 bigger as most shoes angle the toes to the center of the shoe and the 1/2 to buy room.  Not the best thing for golf as your foot will move in the shoe.  You may not feel it, but it is.  The square toe (box) design is not a gimmick as some would suggest.  In Phil Knight's (Founder of Nike) Book "Shoe Dog" he talks about how a key to footwear design (in sports) is to build out the forefoot area.  Every good biomechanics person will agree.  The SQAIRZ - square toe allows the toes to sit naturally (doesn't angle them to the center of the shoe), frees up range of motion, and inherently provides more balance and noticeably more comfort.   

The question about can we quantify performance gains ... absolutely, 100%!!  We have tested hundreds of golfers, most likely over 1000 golfers at almost every skill level.  We use BodiTrak pressure mapping and either a Trackman or Ernest Sports monitor.  Most of the testing was performed by Terry Hashimoto, Founder of BodiTrak.  We have someone hit 5 - 10 balls in their current model of golf shoes and then with SQAIRZ.  We measure distance yardage, ball speed, clubhead speed, smash factor, range of motion (ROM) in knees/shoulders/hips, center of mass (COM) total sway, center of pressure (COP) at address and during the swing, lateral speed, dynamic vertical forces, peak velocity, and release factor (time from peak velocity to impact).   The test results and independent studies are on our website under the Performance section. 

There are two connections in golf; your hands to the club and your feet to the ground.  I've done some fun demo's where i put a driver, golf ball, and a pair of SQAIRZ shoes on the ground and ask "which one of these helps you create swing speed"?  The ball and the club are recipients of swing speed YOU create from you connection to the ground.   

18 hours ago, BobW said:

The question about can we quantify performance gains ... absolutely, 100%!!  We have tested hundreds of golfers, most likely over 1000 golfers at almost every skill level.  We use BodiTrak pressure mapping and either a Trackman or Ernest Sports monitor.  Most of the testing was performed by Terry Hashimoto, Founder of BodiTrak.  We have someone hit 5 - 10 balls in their current model of golf shoes and then with SQAIRZ.  We measure distance yardage, ball speed, clubhead speed, smash factor, range of motion (ROM) in knees/shoulders/hips, center of mass (COM) total sway, center of pressure (COP) at address and during the swing, lateral speed, dynamic vertical forces, peak velocity, and release factor (time from peak velocity to impact).   The test results and independent studies are on our website under the Performance section. 

There are two connections in golf; your hands to the club and your feet to the ground.  I've done some fun demo's where i put a driver, golf ball, and a pair of SQAIRZ shoes on the ground and ask "which one of these helps you create swing speed"?  The ball and the club are recipients of swing speed YOU create from you connection to the ground.   

This is very impressive, I had no idea that your analysis went so deep.

Again @BobW I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions here.

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

Interesting thread, especially since I'm in the market for new shoes.  I have worn FJ's forever, with a couple interim stops with New Balance.  I have a wide foot, 4E, and that significantly limits shoe selection.  NB's just aren't the same any longer.  FJ seems to have narrowed the toe box on the last couple pairs.  The Pro SL's I bought last fall just don't fit well for me in 4E.  I have a pair I wore three times sitting in the garage.   I won't go longer lengths as for me that has always goofed up the fit.   I wanted to try True, but they used to say they would fit some 3E feet.  Thank goodness, I found a pair of FJ Contours - my old favorite - that I bought a several years ago, put in the closet for when the gamers wore out, and forgot about them.  I found them recently and I'm wearing those now until I find something that fits properly.

I did check out the Sqairz website after seeing the commercials last year.  I'd try them if they fit very wide feet for the same reason I use Snell balls, a SeeMore putter, and now Sub70 irons.  If the small manufacturer has something that works as just as well, I'd much rather support them.  

In regard to fit, Sqairz has a nice sizing chart listing 8 other brands of golf shoes and it shows what size Sqairz you should get based on the size you wear in any of those other brands (Sizing - SQAIRZ Golf Shoes). In the FAQ section, they do indicate that Sqairz can typically be worn by someone who wears up to 2E but not 3E. 

On 3/1/2022 at 9:37 AM, cnosil said:

On 3/1/2022 at 8:28 AM, russtopherb said:

No, it doesn't. 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:37 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

So you've probably seen this all over social media, but for SQAIRZ, Sepp Straka's win at the Honda is a certifiable big deal. Some do find it annoying when equipment companies promote the fact their players win using their gear - the worst I ever saw was a press release from a water bottle company congratulating a player who just won with their water battle in his bag. 

But that's the way of the world. And as Tim Clarke from Wilson once told us - Majors move product, but regular Tour wins validate your equipment. I'd say that's especially true for challenger brands or brands outside the norm like SQAIRZ. I've known Bob Winskowicz for two years now (he lives about 30 minutes from me), and find him to be a smart businessman and a passionate believer in his product. And the fact he's taken his company from nothing to a Tour victory in two years is something he can rightfully be proud of. 

I have a pair of the original SQAIRZ - not bad shoes at all but I found them to be on the heavy side. I bought a pair of the pink shoes for the Real Men Wear Pink promotion last fall (wife is and father was a cancer survivor, so it was a cause near and dear). Haven't had a chance to try them on the course, but that will come. They are noticeably lighter than the first edition and--- they're pink. 

I can say the wider sole had a totally different feel when you wear them. I can't put a better word on it than you feel....stable.

WINDHAM, NH, February 28, 2022 -- SQAIRZ, the fastest growing golf shoe company, congratulates SQAIRZ Brand Ambassador, Sepp Straka, for winning his first PGA Tour Event. The Honda Classic is the first PGA Tour Event won by an athlete wearing the new SQAIRZ golf shoes.

Straka made birdies on holes 14, 16, and 18 to shoot 66 and best Shane Lowry by a single stroke. Straka ranked first in strokes gained off-the-tee and gained nearly five shots on the field. His combined distance (310-yard average) and accuracy (a field-leading 83.9% fairways hit) led him to his inaugural PGA Tour win.

After his massive 334-yard drive on the 18th hole, the longest drive of the week, SQAIRZ served Straka well as the rain began to fall, allowing him to nail his second shot and putt to secure the birdie and the win. SQAIRZ’s traction, waterproof material, stability, and comfort all came into play during that 18th hole.

When asked about his victory, Sepp Straka responded, “I can’t believe what a difference my SQAIRZ made on the 18th hole. Even with the poor conditions I was still able to get great traction to hit that great drive and nail that six iron, setting up the winning birdie.”

After hearing Sepp’s comment, Bob Winskowicz, the Founder and CEO of SQAIRZ responded, “That’s great testament to the performance of our new Speed golf shoes and we’re so glad to have been a part of this tremendous moment. All of us at SQAIRZ would like to congratulate Sepp on his amazing come from behind victory.”

For his win, Sepp Straka took home the winner’s share of the 8-million-dollar purse, $1.44 million. Not only was this Straka’s first PGA Tour Event win, this is also the first time an Austrian has won a PGA Tour Event. Straka has moved up to 14th on the current FedExCup points list and has secured his place in the Masters Tournament in April 2022. This first PGA Tour Event won by an athlete wearing SQAIRZ golf shoes comes on the heels of John Daly and son’s Champions Tour victory at the recent PNC Championship.

About SQAIRZ: SQAIRZ is the fastest growing golf shoe brand and the first golf shoe designed to increase distance, balance, stability, and speed. SQAIRZ®’s patented toe design, spike positioning, specially placed comfort padding, Sta-Put laces, and other performance innovations have been proven to improve golfers’ positioning, biomechanics, comfort, balance, and stability. These innovations help golfers to consistently achieve greater accuracy as well as increased ground force connection and swing speed for greater distance. For more information, visit sqairz.com or connect with the company on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube

sqairz 1.jpg.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:57 AM, PMookie said:

On 3/1/2022 at 9:37 AM, cnosil said:

On 3/1/2022 at 1:38 PM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Comfort

Cost

Durability

and Looks,

On 3/1/2022 at 7:37 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

sqairz 1.jpg.

Make me a believer, I'll try a pair cost free.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:23 PM, stevenbradley609 said:

Make me a believer, I'll try a pair cost free.

I mean for all we know there could be a testing opportunity this year, which although it means 0 dollars out of pocket, it also means that you will have to test the shoe and write an honest review of their performance, that takes time and commitment.

@BobW are Sqairz carried by any retailers or they are exclusive from your website?

My Reviews:

I bought a pair of Sqairz last season and loved them. Congrats on the win.

Driver: :cobra-small: LTDx
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 6-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   
bloodline(2).png.8f7245797de1f39b93a647d0292c1b2b.png Vale
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I mean for all we know there could be a testing opportunity this year, which although it means 0 dollars out of pocket, it also means that you will have to test the shoe and write an honest review of their performance, that takes time and commitment.

@BobW are Sqairz carried by any retailers or they are exclusive from your website?

I got my first pair by being a reviewer on another site. That same site is asking for volunteers to review Sqairz latest model, the Speed series. So, testing/reviewing opportunities have and do exist.

Sqairz is DTC (Direct to Consumer) only. I don't know if they have plans to ever change hat business model.

1 minute ago, PhilM75072 said:

I got my first pair by being a reviewer on another site. That same site is asking for volunteers to review Sqairz latest model, the Speed series. So, testing/reviewing opportunities have and do exist.

Sqairz is DTC (Direct to Consumer) only. I don't know if they have plans to ever change hat business model.

Thank you Phil, I did think that they were DTC, but you never know with interest and changes on the Market, I can see retailers getting interested on carrying Sqairz.

My Reviews: