TESTERS WANTED! ×

SQAIRZ Scores Its First PGA TOUR Win!

GolfSpy Barbajo

24 minutes ago, BobW said:

Carl,  sorry you had that experience with the shoes.  It's VERY unusual to have this happen.  May i ask what model/color you purchased? If one has a high arch or flat foot the tongue/collar can sit differently however it should never "dig".  Unfortunately, there are manufacturing anomalies and sewing mistakes that could also create this type of issue.  I'd like to try and fix this for you and ask that you reach out to me.  

Also, yes, you can return them after you've worn them within 30 days of your purchase.  Sorry for the inconvenience!! 

I bought the Arrow (with Red) size 11.5.  I knew (and did) return the shoes, along with the extra set of spikes that I ordered.  Just sent via UPS yesterday, so haven't been refunded yet.  With a $12 return shipping, I'm not willing to try on another pair of shoes that may or may not fit me well.  Perhaps "dig" was a poor choice of words, but it was definitely not a comfortable fit for me.  I do not have a particularly high arch.  Perhaps if your shoes are available at retail stores, I may opt to try them on again, but I'm not willing to do it via mail order if I have to pay to return them.  I realize that shipping does cost you money and paying for the return would also affect your profit margin, but it might be a factor that you might want to explore further.  Thank you for reaching out to me on this matter.  That says a lot about you and your company.  Best wishes.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 3/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, No3Putts said:

I have to admit, that's a pretty solid offer from a manufacturer.  Like several have said, there's some solid information behind your shoes, but the Faldo commercial and his comments on added length just seem to defy credibility.  Kind of like driver adds -- it all depends on where you're starting point is.

But the shoes are good looking and there are certainly some things advertised that I do think are beneficial.

Best of luck with your business.

Thank you for the objective response!  Why is it so hard to believe that a well-designed golf shoe can help you increase distance?  Distance is that end result of swing speed.  How do you generate swing speed ... through your connection with the ground (Newton's Law's 1-3).  Your only connection to the ground is your shoes.  Consider the extreme: Try sitting on a chair, pick your feet up and try and hit a ball.  Not only is your connection important, the structure of the shoe is equally important.   Here is an excerpt (verbatim) from a recent study performed by one of top instructors in the UK who has nothing to do with SQAIRZ:  

"We tested numerous models of golf shoe, soft and rigid, spiked and spikeless, with a 7-iron. Generally speaking, the more stable the shoe was (the less the foot was able to move), the more force and clubhead speed we created and the better control we had of strike and direction, leading to longer carries on average.  We saw variances in carry distance of 7.5 yards on average, 2mph in clubhead speed and 13 yards in dispersion from best to worst. This would almost certainly be amplified were we to test with driver."

This instructor also did another study, again with a 7 iron, however this time he did it in his bare feet, spikeless golf shoes (non-removable cleats), and a cleated shoe.  For those of you who wear a spikeless golf shoe, don't read on!  Barefoot - 82.7 MPH, Spikeless - 81.4 MPH, Spikes 84.9 MPH.  With a barefoot you can actually grip the ground.  

Please also read the Terry Hashimoto case study on the SQAIRZ website under the performance section.  My point is, a well-designed golf shoe can provide significant game improvement benefits.  SQAIRZ was designed to provide better balance, stability and ground connection, resulting in better accuracy and distance.  I hope you give us a try. 

26 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I bought the Arrow (with Red) size 11.5.  I knew (and did) return the shoes, along with the extra set of spikes that I ordered.  Just sent via UPS yesterday, so haven't been refunded yet.  With a $12 return shipping, I'm not willing to try on another pair of shoes that may or may not fit me well.  Perhaps "dig" was a poor choice of words, but it was definitely not a comfortable fit for me.  I do not have a particularly high arch.  Perhaps if your shoes are available at retail stores, I may opt to try them on again, but I'm not willing to do it via mail order if I have to pay to return them.  I realize that shipping does cost you money and paying for the return would also affect your profit margin, but it might be a factor that you might want to explore further.  Thank you for reaching out to me on this matter.  That says a lot about you and your company.  Best wishes.

Carl, appreciate the detail.  How about i send you a replacement pair risk free ... i will gladly include a return label in the box.   

On 3/7/2022 at 4:44 PM, tdroma98 said:

Bob, other shoe companies make same claim of being 100% waterproof but learned how some shoes just don't hold up, such as Nike & Sketchers and quickly don't hold up. I will not purchase either brand any longer. I play at least 240 rounds yr & walk 90% of time. Now struggling to find a shoe that 1) is comfortable and 2) lasts. I do alternate between shoes, so not to wear out too fast. Having said that, had a pair of Sketchers which lasted just 3 months before falling apart. Customer service as longer to resolve!
What is the waterproof warranty for Squairz & how is customer service if indeed the shoe fails? Don't mean to put you on the spot.  Read through the threads & like the comments concerning the comfort of the shoe.  The heaviness of the shoe with walking, is it an issue? Straka was fine with it.   

SQAIRZ has a two year Waterproof warranty.  If waterproof is important to you, one thing to look for is a "gusseted tongue".  The tongue is sewn on each side up to (about) the top eyelet.  This prevents water and sand from entering into the shoe around the tongue area.  When raining, this is one of the key reasons your feet get wet; water enters from around the tongue.  This is a little detail that SQAIRZ deploys in all of our shoes where others don't (cost).   

Well, Ive been an Ecco guy for years. But the next time I go for shoes, I'll give these a try, glad to hear that there is a veteran discount. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

On 3/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, BobW said:

Thank you for the objective response!  Why is it so hard to believe that a well-designed golf shoe can help you increase distance?  Distance is that end result of swing speed.  How do you generate swing speed ... through your connection with the ground (Newton's Law's 1-3).  Your only connection to the ground is your shoes.  Consider the extreme: Try sitting on a chair, pick your feet up and try and hit a ball.  Not only is your connection important, the structure of the shoe is equally important.   Here is an excerpt (verbatim) from a recent study performed by one of top instructors in the UK who has nothing to do with SQAIRZ:  

"We tested numerous models of golf shoe, soft and rigid, spiked and spikeless, with a 7-iron. Generally speaking, the more stable the shoe was (the less the foot was able to move), the more force and clubhead speed we created and the better control we had of strike and direction, leading to longer carries on average.  We saw variances in carry distance of 7.5 yards on average, 2mph in clubhead speed and 13 yards in dispersion from best to worst. This would almost certainly be amplified were we to test with driver."

This instructor also did another study, again with a 7 iron, however this time he did it in his bare feet, spikeless golf shoes (non-removable cleats), and a cleated shoe.  For those of you who wear a spikeless golf shoe, don't read on!  Barefoot - 82.7 MPH, Spikeless - 81.4 MPH, Spikes 84.9 MPH.  With a barefoot you can actually grip the ground.  

Please also read the Terry Hashimoto case study on the SQAIRZ website under the performance section.  My point is, a well-designed golf shoe can provide significant game improvement benefits.  SQAIRZ was designed to provide better balance, stability and ground connection, resulting in better accuracy and distance.  I hope you give us a try. 

I know MGS member tested Squairz a while back, but why not do a Most Wanted shoot-out with shoe brands that have a similar cleat pattern and put them outdoors on a Trackman? Or has this been done already and I just missed it?

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 3/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, BobW said:

SQAIRZ has a two year Waterproof warranty.  If waterproof is important to you, one thing to look for is a "gusseted tongue".  The tongue is sewn on each side up to (about) the top eyelet.  This prevents water and sand from entering into the shoe around the tongue area.  When raining, this is one of the key reasons your feet get wet; water enters from around the tongue.  This is a little detail that SQAIRZ deploys in all of our shoes where others don't (cost).   

I can attest to how waterproof they are. I've played in some pretty wet conditions and playing early mornings it is usually after they have just watered the course. I also got caught in a downpour once and no moisture whatsoever got into the shoes. My socks were as dry after as they were when I first put them on.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

@BobW   I am intrigued by Sqairz shoes.  My main requirements are proper fit, comfort, traction, stability, and waterproofing.  If the shoe can help with distance via ground effects, even better.  I saw the result above regarding traction with spikeless shoes.  I haven’t been thrilled with spikeless.  I’m hoping the unused pair of the old FJ Contours in EW width I unearthed in the closet last a couple seasons.   

Golf shoe options for those of us with very wide feet are limited.  I’m talking 3E and 4E widths.  Bob, I'm aware that’s a more limited market.  I know a manufacturer has to weigh the overall cost  (design, production, warehousing, distribution, etc) versus the potential return.  That nice wide looking toe box, the comfort and stability those on this thread have reported, along with confirmed waterproofing make me willing to pay a bit extra.   Is there some way Sqairz could dip a toe in the extra wide market somehow?  

• 2 weeks later...