Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Darius Rucker Intercollegiate

fixyurdivot

I don't listen to country music very much and I cannot name one song from him, but I'm quickly becoming a Darius Rucker fan.  I've seen him in some pro-am events and got a little of the background on how he got the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate event started ... but to be honest, not found a really telling story about that.  I know he loves golf and plays well, but his interest in college golf and particularly college women's golf, is still a little bit mystery.  If anyone can find/share info on that, I'd appreciate it.

While searching around for more info on this, I also see he is a PXG ambassador... did you know that? Darius Rucker Golf - See what's in the Bag - PXG

Anyway, what a really cool thing to do on behalf of collegiate golf.  I'll be watching this years coverage and shaking my head in amazement and envy.  Long Cove Club looks absolutely fantastic.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I don't listen to country music very much and I cannot name one song from him, but I'm quickly becoming a Darius Rucker fan.  I've seen him in some pro-am events and got a little of the background on how he got the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate event started ... but to be honest, not found a really telling story about that.  I know he loves golf and plays well, but his interest in college golf and particularly college women's golf, is still a little bit mystery.  If anyone can find/share info on that, I'd appreciate it.

While searching around for more info on this, I also see he is a PXG ambassador... did you know that? Darius Rucker Golf - See what's in the Bag - PXG

Anyway, what a really cool thing to do on behalf of collegiate golf.  I'll be watching this years coverage and shaking my head in amazement and envy.  Long Cove Club looks absolutely fantastic.

IF you don’t like country, maybe you like more top 40 type music,  he used to be the lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

IF you don’t like country, maybe you like more top 40 type music,  he used to be the lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish.  

Always liked the name of that band and no doubt have heard their songs... but couldn't name one of them for you either. 

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Always liked the name of that band and no doubt have heard their songs... but couldn't name one of them for you either. 

I am sure you know some of the songs if you know the band name.  They were pretty popular in the mid 90s.   I saw them in a small bar in South Carolina prior to the release of their first album; definitely a great show.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

👍

His country music is definitely poppy but its decent, better than many main stream country artists. As for him he seems like a really good overall person from what I have read. Didnt realize he was into golf! notch another reason to like him over here.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 2:38 AM, fixyurdivot said:

👍

Jue often has little time to study while playing sports in college, and sometimes students start buying their own written assignments, articles, and coursework from special services. You can read more about this phenomenon and the question that is hotly debated about whether college athletes should pay for their homework.

good song!

Edited by Marcus Evans