Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best Travel Websites

So I’m the guy who plans each trip out from the minute we land to the minute we leave.  Don’t mind it though as the golf + travel aspect of this obsession is what gave me the bug in the first place.  Plus, most educated and never half assed. 

Any who, I’ve never been one to book through golf traveling websites as I find their quotes A) outrageous and B) we typically rent a house close by vs staying on property. Staying at or on the property are saved for those we deem bucket list worthy.  

So my question is, when taking all aspects (most responsive, cost efficient, quality of service, ease of execution, etc..) what’s your “go-to” travel website(s) that you find yourself using most when planning your groups next trip and why?

Appreciate your response in advance..

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

I'm a planner as well. You have to take into consideration where you are planning to go and then find the local package providers in that area. They get the better deals and know the course conditions. The larger travel package providers could steer you in a cheaper direction but you get a poor experience. I also piece meal everything. I find a property (House or Condo) on my own. Then work on the golf aspect.

For the golf aspect

1) Look at the courses on line and the rates as well as looking at their bundle prices (play 3 of their properties for "X" and get a fourth free or play here and get free lunch and a beer).

2) Call a golf only package provider to get their prices and or bundles. You can see a lot of this on line as well. Remember they are still making a profit. 

3) Call the rental company that you got the property to stay at from to see if they get any discounts. I've actually got better deals this way. They already made their profit from the unit. 

4) You can plan a couple of rounds and leave some up in the air. I will pick two bucket courses and get them set. Usually schedule them mid week. After I had a round or two in the trip already. When you get to the area look for the last minute deals where courses are trying to fill some empty tee times. You can do this from  www.golfnow.com, www.teeoff.com and others. As soon as I get in town I check the local papers for discount coupons and times.

Most importantly don't kill yourself or your group. If you get into town on a Saturday don't schedule a round 7am on Sunday. Make it 11:00 cheaper prices after 11 usually and you can ease into the fun. There is no rush. I'm over the 36 hole days. Tee off at 10 or 11 play 18, hit a golf store to kill an hour and pick up something, then off to dinner. Back to the house toss a few back and relax. Rinse and repeat the rest of the week. I'm an early riser anyway and don't mind an early tee time but some others are just not good morning people!

Dinner

Always check the papers and such for deals. Also ask at the golf course what they recommend. They know the local deals. 

I usually schedule a day off somewhere. In case people in the group want to do other things or frankly can't handle playing golf every day. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Great pointers and really appreciate your perspective.   Def gonna use some of your tactics. 

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom