Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Good luck with the new KABOOOOM 😄 stick!!!

And yeah PXG is very much a reflection of it's founder, Bob Parsons, former Marine and self made gazillionaire .. he does things his way, unapologetically.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

49 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Good luck with the new KABOOOOM 😄 stick!!!

And yeah PXG is very much a reflection of it's founder, Bob Parsons, former Marine and self made gazillionaire .. he does things his way, unapologetically.

Yep, I find the commercials to be more corny than anything else. Bang! Zoom! Straight to the Moon!

More to the point, I was just pointing out that most of us are probably most familiar with PXG via the commercials. The advertising had zero impact on my decision to buy this club and I believe Parsons makes a quality product.

Take Dead Aim

Enjoy your new driver and looking forward to write up on it.   Hopefully the weather cooperates for you.  I sure do not miss Midwestern winters.  

Next time you order a club from PXG consider skipping the shipping and say in store pick up.   Book a quick trip down here to Scottsdale, pick up the club then drive the 2 miles to TPC Scottsdale to give it a proper christening.  😀

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

7 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my review. I just ordered this driver and should have it in the next couple weeks, but I thought I would get in front of it and start laying out the background details. I’ll be getting this driver in mid-March just as my season (hopefully) kicks off. Though last night we just got another dusting of snow. I have every intention of making this PXG my gamer going forward.

I ordered the 0211 with a 10.5* head and the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70g X shaft. I did not get fitted but I read up on all the shaft options and picked one of the no upcharge options that matched the shaft in my gamer. My current gamer is a 10.5* Titleist 915D3 with a Mitsubishi Diamana White Board 70g X shaft. I was fitted for this club so I have my numbers to use. I am 37 and play out of Cleveland, Ohio. I have a 3.5 handicap, and my average score is 78.

My dad got me started golfing as a teenager, so I’ve been playing for a little more than 20 years. I had talent and distance, but I also had too many anger issues and was a head case. Then going through college, and being broke & married for a few years I wasn’t able to play enough. Around 2017, I decided I wanted to really go for it and began working on my game and entering local amateur tournaments. I still deal with anxiety (not just on the course), so I continue to work on ways to embrace the energy and improve my mental health.

The big question here is how does a $199 driver stack up? I have a top of the line $500 club in the bag so I think it will provide a nice comparison. I plan on putting the PXG in the bag as soon as it arrives and putting it H2H with my Titleist at the range and on the course. My priorities for the test are forgiveness and consistency. More distance would be nice, but as long as it goes as far as the gamer, I’ll be happy. If the club does these things it will have a permanent home in the bag. Basically all I know about the club is the online reviews (Golf.com & Rick Shiels). My expectations are that this will perform just as well as my gamer. If you’ve read my comments on the MGS ball test, my opinion has become, if you can find a $30 ball that works, why pay $50? I think this same idea applies to clubs.

Now PXG as a company, that’s a different story. Watching the Thur/Fri rounds on golf channel, I am bombarded by over the top commercials and a raspy voice screaming BOOOOOOM at me. Pretty ridiculous IMO, but regardless of that, PXG makes some quality products and does some nice work for veterans. PXG has the tour presence with Celine Boutier, Austin Ernst, Zach Johnson, and Patrick Reed to name a few. So I consider them a major OEM even if their market share doesn’t match the big four.

Just curious why the 0211 vs. 0311 or 0811? Price only? Now that the next generation of OEM drivers is out, did you consider last year's models like Sim2, Radspeed, etc. Just asking as I'm contemplating not only a PXG fitting but also other brands as well.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@Joel C I'd love too, that's a bucket list course.

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Just curious why the 0211 vs. 0311 or 0811? Price only? Now that the next generation of OEM drivers is out, did you consider last year's models like Sim2, Radspeed, etc. Just asking as I'm contemplating not only a PXG fitting but also other brands as well.  

Yep, I went with the 0211 solely on price. I did look briefly at the last years models but fitters have already moved on is my understanding. So if I can't get fitted figure save the most money and still get a new club. I know my numbers so I was comfortable enough to pick out a shaft on my own and think I can dial in the head setting as well.

With a PXG fitting, you can't get it done at Windmill, or a club. The only fitting location in Northern Ohio is in Twinsburg, which is just a few miles east on 82 from Windmill though. It's a simulator place. I called them and they don't actually keep the demo clubs/fitting cart. They are just the location that is contracted with the PXG rep to host the fittings. So still had to call or book your own fitting through PXG. Maybe Catawba will have a demo day and you can try stuff.

Take Dead Aim

I got my 0211 last year and have really enjoyed it do far. Granted I’ve been out of commission since Jan 11 with shoulder surgery.  Doc has approved me to swing away so I will begin in 2 weeks after I return from Louisville.  I have a 39 yr old daughter that is pregnant and having a gender reveal party this weekend.

Anyway, terrific driver.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

11 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Maybe Catawba will have a demo day and you can try stuff.

No such luck. Their 'fitting' days  usually include only Ping, Titlist and sometimes Callaway (and they don't use LM's as part of the fitting).  I've got two places here in Florida close to me that purportedly do PXG fittings - Tampa TPC and one in Bradenton. I'd like to try the entire PXG driver line just for giggles. I did a complete fitting at CC*  here in Brandon (except for Radspeed - they didn't have a lefty head) this past April,  Between CC and my fitting at Windmill, like yourself  I've got a pretty good handle on the right configuration especially since I now have my 410 tuned to the max. In addition to the PXG, I'd love to try the LTDx. 

* the head that came out with the best numbers was a Sim2 D .  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I have a 39 yr old daughter that is pregnant and having a gender reveal party this weekend.

Congrats future grandpa

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've got the 0211 in the 10.5 degree head and find it forgiving which, given my handicap which is 5-6 times yours, and my age, which is about 2x, is a priority.  I find the distance is actually a bit better than the Epic and Ping G425 Max I'd been alternating.  I hope your experience is as positive.  And don't be surprised if one of their fairway woods starts to look attractive once you hit the driver.   And then the hybrids might start to call your name...   It's a slippery slope, watch yourself...heh heh.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

My wife got the 0211 DC irons and wedges a few months ago and loves them.  Now she has been talking about getting PXG woods.  She is already beating me on the scorecard; I think she should still keep playing her 10 year old TaylorMade woods, right??  🥴

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It’ll be interesting to see if you notice any major distance gains from the PXG vs your current driver. Also if it allows you to take more aggressive lines into holes or dog legs and the ability to hit your normal shot shape 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

@fozcycle Congrats on the new addition to the family!

@Bobbers I'm glad you find it forgiving as that's what I'm looking for in a driver head as well. I'm not sure I'll jump into the rest of the woods yet. I am very happy with my 3W and Hybrid, which is still an Adams. So I'm a little slower to make changes.

@Kenny B Sounds like it's time to ask for at least two a side 🤣 if you can't convince her.

@RollingGreens It's interesting you mention taking aggressive lines. Because that's something I used to do and want to get back to, though more controlled aggression as it were. I learned to pull it back a few years ago and keep everything under control. And playing Cossett all these years also kind of forced that, especially the back 9 being so much placement golf. I'm didn't renew my season pass there as I'm hoping to jump around more and play courses that fit my game better.

Take Dead Aim

As the driver is already on it's way, I wanted to keep this going and post Part II. This is my first impressions interacting with PXG and the ordering process. I should have the driver on Wednesday, so look for my unboxing post sometime on March 9.

Ordering the driver was simple enough. The PXG website interface was easy to use. Very clearly marked selection options and easy to select the components I wanted. I will note that they only have 5 or 6 shaft manufacturers available, but this did not impact my choices as I found a shaft that supposedly matches my current gamer. I did check out the manufacturer websites and GolfWorks to get detailed information on the shafts. I had considered the Smoke Yellow, but seeing it was counterbalanced, I decided not to as I’ve never swung a counterbalanced shaft. 

yo4NqIrKCZajd9cWnYG47U49dEYbXXzXYeY9y-bGMueDs2z-9iPCUsa5QD8NhJyNdIj3A1osyKR8YitHoL7OVSBp7cHW_GSQeRLfxfxfahBdjRRet7Gpx-jcz7wT8UAi1z2mig-p

Something that seemed off to me was the grip options. Not for lacking, but cost. Selecting any option other than the PXG grip was a $30 upcharge. I consider that excessive for grips that are under $10. They do not offer the MCC+4 grip that I use currently. I also do not recall seeing any place I could enter notes if I wanted to put extra wraps on the grip or have something else changed. Shipping via FedEx ground for $17, which I think is a fair price. They offer faster air or two-day shipping if someone is interested. 

Within moments of my order being placed, I received my confirmation email with order number and tracking. The tracking has already updated that my club is being built. PXG said two weeks total from order submission to arrival at my front door, and it looks like I'll have in within 10 days. Given the known issues other OEMs report with getting clubs, I think this is a great thing for PXG to be able to guarantee.

AZ8Y-Zu26xNOMcI59uvLWcGTrxYq886kOye4uUhwJlW1Ff-BTUsoBhqyau13-2S_YlYgU-4emQT8sder6EOQ9is3NOidaLyPcv7fq1A6QZKr1VDtT1yoQ_BI2dOjPWlGRkjFrDa5

I will post a ton of photos when the driver arrives and the whole unboxing. Until then I hope you’re interested and I’ll answer questions, to keep the discussion going.

Thanks for reading!

Take Dead Aim

31 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Something that seemed off to me was the grip options. Not for lacking, but cost. Selecting any option other than the PXG grip was a $30 upcharge. I consider that excessive for grips that are under $10.

I actually have my brother-in-law's 0211 driver right now as I just regripped it with a Tour Velvet 360 for him. The PXG/Lamkin Z5 was not his favorite. Easy enough to fix.

He has the 10.5 degree 0211 with the Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0. I've swung it once and liked it. Looks nice down at the ball. I think you'll end up liking yours as well! Thanks for doing the unofficial review.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

I actually have my brother-in-law's 0211 driver right now as I just regripped it with a Tour Velvet 360 for him. The PXG/Lamkin Z5 was not his favorite. Easy enough to fix.

He has the 10.5 degree 0211 with the Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0. I've swung it once and liked it. Looks nice down at the ball. I think you'll end up liking yours as well! Thanks for doing the unofficial review.

Thanks and you're welcome. Right, the grip thing isn't a huge deal and I know how to regrip clubs. If this is the winner I'll take the MCC+4 off my Titleist and put it on the PXG. I found the midzise +4 in green (my fav), which is hard to do, and these grips have a lot of life in them. 

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Not for lacking, but cost. Selecting any option other than the PXG grip was a $30 upcharge. I consider that excessive for grips that are under $10.

While I agree it’s a lot you have to remember grips along with the materials to make them have been in short supply. Same applies for the shafts and it’s why pxg and several other companies have removed shafts they don’t have in stock or can’t get in a reasonable time from their matrix.

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

They do not offer the MCC+4 grip that I use currently. I also do not recall seeing any place I could enter notes if I wanted to put extra wraps on the grip or have something else changed.

They have a grey plus 4 listed on their website.  Also if you would have called the pxg fitting number you could have spoke to one of their fitters and asked what grips they have because sometimes what’s listed isn’t everything they have. I was able to get my grip of choice for my 0311 irons when I called in. You would have also been able to request changes. 

Ordering over the phone saves some money. I forgot what it is for woods but it’s $5/ club for irons.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

While I agree it’s a lot you have to remember grips along with the materials to make them have been in short supply. Same applies for the shafts and it’s why pxg and several other companies have removed shafts they don’t have in stock or can’t get in a reasonable time from their matrix.

They have a grey plus 4 listed on their website.  Also if you would have called the pxg fitting number you could have spoke to one of their fitters and asked what grips they have because sometimes what’s listed isn’t everything they have. I was able to get my grip of choice for my 0311 irons when I called in. You would have also been able to request changes. 

Ordering over the phone saves some money. I forgot what it is for woods but it’s $5/ club for irons.

While I understand your point on the cost/supply of grips, I see it differently. The stock shaft I ordered retails for $225 through Maltby. That's more than the entire driver cost. If PXG is able to offer that expensive a shaft at $0 upcharge, then they should be able to offer grips for considerably less. 

Thank you for the additional information about calling PXG directly for more options & possible discounts. I wouldn't expect much more of a discount on the 0211, but others following this thread should find that information helpful if they decide to place their own orders.

Take Dead Aim

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

As the driver is already on it's way, I wanted to keep this going and post Part II. This is my first impressions interacting with PXG and the ordering process. I should have the driver on Wednesday, so look for my unboxing post sometime on March 9.

Ordering the driver was simple enough. The PXG website interface was easy to use. Very clearly marked selection options and easy to select the components I wanted. I will note that they only have 5 or 6 shaft manufacturers available, but this did not impact my choices as I found a shaft that supposedly matches my current gamer. I did check out the manufacturer websites and GolfWorks to get detailed information on the shafts. I had considered the Smoke Yellow, but seeing it was counterbalanced, I decided not to as I’ve never swung a counterbalanced shaft. 

yo4NqIrKCZajd9cWnYG47U49dEYbXXzXYeY9y-bGMueDs2z-9iPCUsa5QD8NhJyNdIj3A1osyKR8YitHoL7OVSBp7cHW_GSQeRLfxfxfahBdjRRet7Gpx-jcz7wT8UAi1z2mig-p

Something that seemed off to me was the grip options. Not for lacking, but cost. Selecting any option other than the PXG grip was a $30 upcharge. I consider that excessive for grips that are under $10. They do not offer the MCC+4 grip that I use currently. I also do not recall seeing any place I could enter notes if I wanted to put extra wraps on the grip or have something else changed. Shipping via FedEx ground for $17, which I think is a fair price. They offer faster air or two-day shipping if someone is interested. 

Within moments of my order being placed, I received my confirmation email with order number and tracking. The tracking has already updated that my club is being built. PXG said two weeks total from order submission to arrival at my front door, and it looks like I'll have in within 10 days. Given the known issues other OEMs report with getting clubs, I think this is a great thing for PXG to be able to guarantee.

AZ8Y-Zu26xNOMcI59uvLWcGTrxYq886kOye4uUhwJlW1Ff-BTUsoBhqyau13-2S_YlYgU-4emQT8sder6EOQ9is3NOidaLyPcv7fq1A6QZKr1VDtT1yoQ_BI2dOjPWlGRkjFrDa5

I will post a ton of photos when the driver arrives and the whole unboxing. Until then I hope you’re interested and I’ll answer questions, to keep the discussion going.

Thanks for reading!

We ordered my wife's 0211 DC irons over the phone; the guy at PXG seemed very knowledgeable once I started asking questions about shaft options, SW, launch, and grips.  We opted to have them ship their PXG grips uninstalled because my wife likes the Pure Tour Wrap midsize grips, and I didn't want to spend time removing new grips.  We got their Oversize grips based on his recommendation, and as it turned out the PXG Oversize is about the same size as the Pure Midsize.  When we got the irons, I installed (with air) her irons with the Pures and a couple of the PXG grips for her to try for a few days; she liked them so pulled the Pures and installed the remaining PXG grips.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

While I understand your point on the cost/supply of grips, I see it differently. The stock shaft I ordered retails for $225 through Maltby. That's more than the entire driver cost. If PXG is able to offer that expensive a shaft at $0 upcharge, then they should be able to offer grips for considerably less. 

The shaft is mass produced by PX and is a no upcharge in pretty much every brand that sells drivers because they all buy that shaft in very large quantities. So that is why you will see that shaft and several others at no upcharge. You also are forgetting that the driver retails for $299 but has been on sale at various price points from PXG and is actually $179 right now and not the $199 you paid for it.

Golf pride has been backorder on many of their grips, especially the popular ones. They are harder to make in large quantities and for brands to order in the larger quantities that they are used to. Many clubs right now are still on back order due to grip being unavailable. So the price increase isn’t really that surprising and if you look across many consumer products it falls inline with severe price increases 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

We ordered my wife's 0211 DC irons over the phone; the guy at PXG seemed very knowledgeable once I started asking questions about shaft options, SW, launch, and grips.  We opted to have them ship their PXG grips uninstalled because my wife likes the Pure Tour Wrap midsize grips, and I didn't want to spend time removing new grips.  We got their Oversize grips based on his recommendation, and as it turned out the PXG Oversize is about the same size as the Pure Midsize.  When we got the irons, I installed (with air) her irons with the Pures and a couple of the PXG grips for her to try for a few days; she liked them so pulled the Pures and installed the remaining PXG grips.

Their online fitters are actual fitters and are located around the country. I’ve talked with two different ones in the last year or so and both were very knowledgeable and helpful. It’s also cool that they reach out later on to see how things are going with an order and if you need help with anything else 

7 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Thanks for reading!

I have the Project X Evenflo Riptide CB shaft.  It is very smooth in its transition on the downswing.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I have a 39 yr old daughter that is pregnant and having a gender reveal party this weekend.

Congrats, Grandpa 😉!!!! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

If only you had gotten your driver a few days earlier to take advantage of the weather we had this weekend!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

If only you had gotten your driver a few days earlier to take advantage of the weather we had this weekend!

I know! Thankfully it's just fake spring, April 2 is go time, maybe we get a little lucky. But I told myself I wouldn't push in the early part of the year.

Take Dead Aim

Buy this driver while it's available at that price new.....now. I've had mine in 9° with a Hzrdus Smoke Yellow stiff shaft for 6 months and it out performs everything I've tried since. It consistently either keeps up or flat out drives everybody I play with no matter what they use. It's as forgiving as a Ping and as long as my Taylormade drivers from the M2 on. I'm no PXG fanboy. I play M2 fairway woods, Mizuno irons, and Titleist wedges. The 0211 just works and for less than half the price of those other brands. Frankly I don't know why anybody would buy one of the "premium" PXG drivers. 

11 hours ago, Justanumber said:

Buy this driver while it's available at that price new.....now. I've had mine in 9° with a Hzrdus Smoke Yellow stiff shaft for 6 months and it out performs everything I've tried since. It consistently either keeps up or flat out drives everybody I play with no matter what they use. It's as forgiving as a Ping and as long as my Taylormade drivers from the M2 on. I'm no PXG fanboy. I play M2 fairway woods, Mizuno irons, and Titleist wedges. The 0211 just works and for less than half the price of those other brands. Frankly I don't know why anybody would buy one of the "premium" PXG drivers. 

I hope my experience is as good as yours, and welcome to the forum. What's your opinion of the counterbalanced shaft? How different does it feel? Had you swung one before?

Take Dead Aim

As far as the shaft goes it's stated properties are identical to the  custom shafts I've had on two of my previous drivers. I'm an 8 handicap, 65 years old but still swing at slightly over 100, and average about 270 on my drives. The shaft works for me but I will be the first to admit that the fact it was not an upgrade at a premium price was a huge factor in my choice of staying with it. The combination of it's 45" length, proven shaft quality, and the ability to change head weights makes this driver perfect for my game. I did order a lighter back weight (2.5g vs. The standard 10g) which immediately increased my swing speed and allowed me to square up the face better. The weights are cheap and PXG sends them in a couple of weeks. Again I don't take price into account when purchasing clubs. My irons were $1300, my wedges $160 each, and I play a $400 Scotty putter. I play what works and I'm not embarrassed to hit a "cheap" driver when I can often stripe it past my friends off the tee who are hitting their $500+ wonder sticks.