TESTERS WANTED! ×

DiscipleofPenick's PXG 0211 Driver Unofficial Review

DiscipleofPenick

On 3/4/2022 at 8:49 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The shaft is mass produced by PX and is a no upcharge in pretty much every brand that sells drivers because they all buy that shaft in very large quantities. So that is why you will see that shaft and several others at no upcharge. You also are forgetting that the driver retails for $299 but has been on sale at various price points from PXG and is actually $179 right now and not the $199 you paid for it.

Golf pride has been backorder on many of their grips, especially the popular ones. They are harder to make in large quantities and for brands to order in the larger quantities that they are used to. Many clubs right now are still on back order due to grip being unavailable. So the price increase isn’t really that surprising and if you look across many consumer products it falls inline with severe price increases 

$179??  My wife has been looking all weekend; the website still shows $199.  Also, she's not sure whether a FW or hybrid is a better choice at 21-22º.  She is currently playing a 21º RBZ Stage 2 FW, then a 5H.  I'm not sure if she has ever hit a hybrid lower than 24º.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

$179??  My wife has been looking all weekend; the website still shows $199.  Also, she's not sure whether a FW or hybrid is a better choice at 21-22º.  She is currently playing a 21º RBZ Stage 2 FW, then a 5H.  I'm not sure if she has ever hit a hybrid lower than 24º.

That’s the hero pricing. FW due to size will offer more forgiveness and will be easier to get in the air 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s the hero pricing. FW due to size will offer more forgiveness and will be easier to get in the air 

Thanks.  Except for me... I have a difficult time with FW.  I can hit a 17º hybrid higher than an 18º 5W and just as far; same brand, same shaft.  My confidence with a hybrid is about 90%; FW is about 50%.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, Justanumber said:

As far as the shaft goes it's stated properties are identical to the  custom shafts I've had on two of my previous drivers. I'm an 8 handicap, 65 years old but still swing at slightly over 100, and average about 270 on my drives. The shaft works for me but I will be the first to admit that the fact it was not an upgrade at a premium price was a huge factor in my choice of staying with it. The combination of it's 45" length, proven shaft quality, and the ability to change head weights makes this driver perfect for my game. I did order a lighter back weight (2.5g vs. The standard 10g) which immediately increased my swing speed and allowed me to square up the face better. The weights are cheap and PXG sends them in a couple of weeks. Again I don't take price into account when purchasing clubs. My irons were $1300, my wedges $160 each, and I play a $400 Scotty putter. I play what works and I'm not embarrassed to hit a "cheap" driver when I can often stripe it past my friends off the tee who are hitting their $500+ wonder sticks.

Thanks. The price is a major reason I bought this driver. My current gamer is a Titleist 915D3, so at that time I did get a fitting and dropped $500 on the wonder stick. Now I have a kid and with the price increases, $600+ (once you including fitting fee, possible shaft upcharge, and tax) isn't viable to spend. Obviously I'm not an early adopter, but it is time for a new driver. While I wish I could buy new clubs beyond my wedges & this driver, everything else in my bag is off eBay.

Thanks for the info on the counterbalance shaft. Next time I get fitted for a driver, I'll give on a try. I am curious about it, but I didn't want to make a big change right now.  

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

My delivery date has been pushed back to Friday...😭 Oh well still inside the 2 week window. Guess the unboxing will have to wait a few more days. I'm sure you're all tingling with Antici....................................pation.

Take Dead Aim

It's HERE! Showed up on my lunch break. Should have photos and first impression up later tonight (tomorrow AM at latest).

Take Dead Aim

25 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

It's HERE! Showed up on my lunch break. Should have photos and first impression up later tonight (tomorrow AM at latest).

Always a great and exciting day when new clubs show up. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Looking forward to your reactions once you get to hit balls with it.  I find I like the counterbalanced shafts for whatever reason.  Pretty much every one I've used has feel, for lack of a better term, "smooth".  Added advantage for me is it lets me build my clubs longer without having to use quite as much extra weight in the butt of the shaft to get the swing weight I'm after.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

18 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Mate, it's 9:11am, what are you doing?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

41 minutes ago, MattF said:

Mate, it's 9:11am, what are you doing?

You can't rush greatness Matty.😜

Take Dead Aim

The club arrived yesterday around noon, and I was able to unbox it and look over the club. Let’s dive in! 

First, and while it’s not a major thing, it’s cool that PXG has their own box. I’m used to buying used clubs, and when I worked in golf retail everything came in plain cardboard, so the new packaging is a nice touch. I also thought the club was well protected with the large foam insert.

BvrkudVClyFRW54rp-gMUiHpxsJL4LqsmK4XaoV8SI2-9K-ai-GE_qmFc_MV1Itf7CEQfj6W_oRVO4E7Z47LFwnEXpqxlmOe6LtI4VIDA6Jw7q0OyxjXpFycQZ3xRnVyzsxba9Xr

1P3j2rZ6sJ5l8GTU_9WVhO-88k9BlyTEru5U8JD0W_UV3ujCbDFV1Tu4gDnKw_Gv9dCQaujrkssDO8AH7I8uoS3SgPj_YO8K6sJHyyRe1CUEEeVd9bu-w6FoE869-A67hTsPYDe_

Getting it unboxed, the first thing I noticed was the included wrench and headcover. The cover looks nice enough and I like the embossed PXG and #1. There is also a magnet in the cover so you can stick it to the cart. I will say that it appears to be faux leather and not quite as high quality as the other OEMs. Though I am happy such an affordable driver came with the cover and wrench.

mj7OQvqRyVD6ecFN4ChE6e-_yidikuVPV44YpOqVdj8YNXq-NRR3htHYuHFr9HtbCDj7zBIiDD4ZBpqmj5ElvuZY7MZu-Cj88RaIW58n5GhWv-KSEvE9U4PQFSxk0wEdGMwvpElI

d9I3K7kvnzremdXVIHj2MHcq5ll57I7zEsRNzI36B4yV0_kg9hfJ_vZfjjoCGq8EGR1421w2mXJivAbY7HuEepb-DjGkwxqUwW1Bm_do9WEa0QA0cbaHQL9h5pJg9sIPLe-EAV3X

The stock PXG grip seems to be of industry standard quality and feels nice in the hands. A little softer than a Golf Pride Tour Velvet. And there was no mistake on the shaft I requested. After having it in my hands, I feel like I picked the right one.

AcxxzWNVHQt5HjZ6WLA0qxEnW9IAzhGjTO3SVf-SCZwN7NvOuOY41YxPQYTviTGRZ2hg98Ywx4tdo99LA6YNjVetUBXb82sBzj7raI3sl2zdH39A9W0MQLBkmo2mYIysMKKwXC1e

Gqn2351kzSmCnQypbZe9OCARsCpKIBSQWXYQh8hoqizLCo1gpWTtbRO-TQD1lo7s5o2dVMfvKJA9QsquWmgMm_Ox0AbGKV-4gfAjoN3UpANiY_rI1UAwShR7GKTKKFZaKxOxZJME

The club head itself looks fantastic. A completely classic head shape, with minimal distractions. The PXG logo and chrome elements on the bottom, some may have issues with, but I do not. They are on the bottom and I won’t see them when I swing. I also really like the matte finish on the carbon composite crown much more than I thought I would. I think this will be a welcome change on the bright summer days. Face also looks like a confidence booster. Though it is a little odd to see ‘grooves’ in the center of a driver's face. 

D-63Vm-UE6o734qlQ153Z0X4OrW3ZU45OY4pEBEBC3K-UFfWN3IQKp8w20653R4Xb955eYmnxUvj7ymwujW60H9pkKlsHTgm-Pn4jYQDWZvhHj0QRXhzqW90GqRCPJpqVFZhSuUf

baRETucLJY8pcEjdGYGwS9QborTVz3G1Fjn_XxtniGx-spje3_pogSL0B_o3z6NL_nF6AmTsbPwUFGusLphzzXM9qEs_mb6l4m_Pi0eyUTSiv0XSbB_5Te47uu_ndFK_DNjiBI57

4aQq5ZM-o1y51r8xA4C8BnslOQ14ayiohGKIMWos_q--O-Lj1UWN7-cP7D4VR9BeercS64tC8mWRyIxRfZzmwzYgOCcWhs3eOvQ8OInBDzmyqGT03HallO0oMwjNe2sGa8MJUz_-

I know the blacked out look is very popular right now, but it’s not necessarily my thing. I like color and dress that way on the course. Though I admit there’s something positive about looking down at this uniform, classically designed driver. I really do like the way it looks, and even at address in the house, I feel a lot of confidence standing over the shot. There is a small X for alignment purposes.

K9RQE7TLlYt6h_R0eRnQ3dp2gQ3yhSXI4e2RGHU7s7MgvFJCeGgkNwXKYPwml-b8aYq660j2HeLkQzhet9zbmfAf_YIwlckIht_qoVKM7VaDyM_6Crfb2dg8kqV4U46LPEOAZyOz

And here is the PXG fitting chart:

r5KVpydOMERDU4XyfTDraOBFf7LQ2EqR4gHTORdGUXUpe4e_m8EETyH6h9ANbdXe7IH4KTVTdekwNviGUlLZ7ot5rm3Ctsdp0EnLkrLqgAqxqrjXP6qVyJq8SGe5kVQlRrFpDNSZ

My plan is to start with the club in the standard position, and then adjust from there. The 10.5* Titleist I currently play is somewhere between the Small Plus & Big Plus settings of the PXG (Titleist set at +1.5 loft, -.75 flat). So I would not be surprised if I gravitate towards one of those settings. Though I am very intrigued by the PXG setting at STD, 3* flat. If that produces a more penetrating ball flight, while eliminating the left side of the course, it could be a winner. I also notice there are not any setting to change the lie to upright, something to consider if you fight a slice. We just had another dusting of snow in Cleveland last night, but it’s supposed to approach 60 by St. Pat’s, so maybe I can get out for 9 or the range this week and give it the first field test.

Final Thoughts: The look and feel of the club are fantastic. The eight setting options give plenty of flexibility to get this dialed in. The ordering process and options (other than grip) PXG offers are in line with other OEMs. I am not going to deduct anything for the grip though. I can’t wait to get this on the course.

Aesthetics & First Impression: 5 out of 5 Stars

Take Dead Aim

My wife ordered her 0211 driver along with the 7W on Wednesday... delivery scheduled for tomorrow.  Problem is that it has to be signed for, and we will be on the golf course.  

As I recall (I swap out the grips immediately) they use a pretty standard Lamkin grip; nothing great, nothing too chintzy.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife ordered her 0211 driver along with the 7W on Wednesday... delivery scheduled for tomorrow.  Problem is that it has to be signed for, and we will be on the golf course.  

Luckily I work from home and didn't have that issue.

Take Dead Aim

4 hours ago, Bobbers said:

As I recall (I swap out the grips immediately) they use a pretty standard Lamkin grip; nothing great, nothing too chintzy.

Right, I think I compared the softness to a Lamkin I've used before. Once I get this dialed in I will be swapping on a MCC+4 midsize as that's what I've played on all my clubs for 4 years now

Take Dead Aim

23 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

You can't rush greatness Matty.😜

I wouldn't go that far! 😬

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Got out to the range, first time I've swung a club since December. It hit 70 today. And while my irons were pretty good, my driver swing was off. Probably just overswinging or I had the ball too far forward in my stance. Anyways, the positives first. The club felt fantastic in my hands, couldn't tell the difference compared to my Titleist. And it looks great at address, a very deep face gives me a great view and confidence. The shaft felt like it would work as well when I took practice swings.

For the swings themselves, it left a lot to be desired. It was 100% me and this is no indictment of PXG. Because I was switching between both drivers with the same results. So I cold topped/thinned the first 10-12 drives I hit yesterday, everything on the bottom of the club face (is it possible to blade a driver? cause that's what it felt like) Then I finally got some better contact and hit a couple high flares right, unsurprising for my first driver swings of the year. Finally at the end, I slowed my backswing down and striped 3 bullets with a baby fade. Actually had a little more height than my Titleist too. After that I put the drivers away for the rest of the session. Maybe next week I can get out for at least 9 for some on course testing, it's supposed to rain all weekend. 

I want to be transparent as possible and fill everyone in with every step of the process. Today my swing was terrible and I was pressing because I wanted immediate results with the new driver. Too much excitement from having a new toy. Today will not have any impact on my ratings for this driver. There are positive marks for the confidence I felt and the way the club looks and feels now that I got some swings. But the performance, that's on me, not PXG.

Take Dead Aim

I'm the same way the first time hitting balls every year.  Excited, over-amped until the crappy results force me to slow down, think, and relax.

Have fun.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about putting this post in here, but it seems appropriate.  As I posted earlier, my wife bought PXG 0211DC irons and has been happy with them.  So she ordered the 0211 driver and a 7W... without me being present on the phone call like I was with the irons.  When they came, I was home (she was playing golf), so I opened the box because she wanted me to run them out to her on the front nine so she could play them.  Well, when I opened the box I saw that they had Evnflow Blue A-Flex shafts.  I was ready to box them up and send them back thinking PXG got the order wrong.  Nope!  That was what she ordered.  Why? IDK.  She used to play A-Flex in her TaylorMade Burner irons that she got in 2008, but has been playing L-Flex in her RBZ Stage 2 woods and hybrids for over 8 years.  My personal feeling is that the PXG rep talked her into A-Flex, probably knowing that they wouldn't be a good fit and she would send them back... for a restocking fee.

Well, tomorrow they go back.  We had a demo days last Saturday and a PXG rep from Seattle was there (first time ever at out demo days).  He put the PX Cypher L-Flex in her driver and she was much happier with it (she has the Cypher shafts in her 0211 DC irons).  Unfortunately, he couldn't swap out the shaft.  Called PXG and she talked to the same guy she ordered the driver from; yep, restocking fee.  ALSO, shipping charges have gone up considerably since she order them, so that adds an additional cost, plus we have to pay to return the clubs.

I tried to get him to just send the shaft to swap out, but they can't/won't do that.  That's when we learned that the Cypher shaft in backordered until early May, so she won't be getting it back until May-sometime!  

It was my fault to not be there when she ordered them, but she should have known that A-Flex was not right.  However, I'm putting most of the blame on PXG rep for recommending that shaft in the first place.  Not happy with PXG right now.

@Kenny B I don't mind at all, let's keep the conversation going. In Ohio, our fake spring is over and temps the last few days have been in the 20s with flurries. So all my testing is stalled out until the thermostat gets back above 50, which could be another week or so. 

Sorry to hear you and the missus are having issues with PXG. Though there's an old saying - never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance. So I don't think the fitter did what they did intentionally to cause headaches. It's just as likely you got the short straw and ended up with a crappy fitter on the other end of the line. Not trying to defend PXG, just trying to ease the frustration. 

When I ordered my 0211, I didn't talk to a fitter or rep, I just looked up shaft profiles and picked the one that was the closest to the my current gamer. I know my game better than some rando on the other end of the phone, so I didn't see the need to call. But yours is a good story for anyone who is considering working with PXG. This is something I didn't experience and would not capture with my review. Thanks for the additional info and I hope it all works out.

Take Dead Aim

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It was my fault to not be there when she ordered them, but she should have known that A-Flex was not right.  However, I'm putting most of the blame on PXG rep for recommending that shaft in the first place.  Not happy with PXG right now.

How can you blame the pxg rep if you weren’t part of the conversation?

It’s a virtual fitting and they have to go off what they are told and use their knowledge to find a suitable option. Not to mention as you know flex is insignificant outside of the same shaft line in the same weight class.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry about putting this post in here, but it seems appropriate.  As I posted earlier, my wife bought PXG 0211DC irons and has been happy with them.  So she ordered the 0211 driver and a 7W... without me being present on the phone call like I was with the irons.  When they came, I was home (she was playing golf), so I opened the box because she wanted me to run them out to her on the front nine so she could play them.  Well, when I opened the box I saw that they had Evnflow Blue A-Flex shafts.  I was ready to box them up and send them back thinking PXG got the order wrong.  Nope!  That was what she ordered.  Why? IDK.  She used to play A-Flex in her TaylorMade Burner irons that she got in 2008, but has been playing L-Flex in her RBZ Stage 2 woods and hybrids for over 8 years.  My personal feeling is that the PXG rep talked her into A-Flex, probably knowing that they wouldn't be a good fit and she would send them back... for a restocking fee.

Well, tomorrow they go back.  We had a demo days last Saturday and a PXG rep from Seattle was there (first time ever at out demo days).  He put the PX Cypher L-Flex in her driver and she was much happier with it (she has the Cypher shafts in her 0211 DC irons).  Unfortunately, he couldn't swap out the shaft.  Called PXG and she talked to the same guy she ordered the driver from; yep, restocking fee.  ALSO, shipping charges have gone up considerably since she order them, so that adds an additional cost, plus we have to pay to return the clubs.

I tried to get him to just send the shaft to swap out, but they can't/won't do that.  That's when we learned that the Cypher shaft in backordered until early May, so she won't be getting it back until May-sometime!  

In a similar vein, just canceled my Edel order.  Ordered 2/28 on the basis of them saying 2 week delivery.  After 3 weeks I had to call to find out that they were out of putter grips.  But if I'd accept a substitute "fitting grip" they'd get it out in a day.  I said ok.

After 4 weeks and another call I was told the "no problem" fitting grip was in fact a problem.  New delivery date?  "Indefinite." 

Good news was there was no "restock" fee as they'd never completed the order.

Per the fitter, he had a lot of issues even getting the Edel rep to  return his calls, answer his questions, etc.  I guess, like any business, some employees are better than others.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

Sounds like a fun comparison and review. I've never been a fan of PXG either; the clubs look nice but their marketing drives me nuts. Sounds like you've got the skill level to really see what the club is made of; You're not the hacker like some of us haha. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on its performance! 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

How can you blame the pxg rep if you weren’t part of the conversation?

It’s a virtual fitting and they have to go off what they are told and use their knowledge to find a suitable option. Not to mention as you know flex is insignificant outside of the same shaft line in the same weight class.

I am to blame for not being part of the conversation, but I can blame the pxg rep because there really is no "fitting" a lady that doesn't want to pay for an upcharge shaft.  There is only one shaft option.  She ordered pxg Cypher L-flex in her 0211DC irons and likes them; the rep knew that and that she has been playing an L-Flex shaft in her driver, FW, and hybrids for more than 8 years.  The pxg rep at our demo days on Saturday took one look at her swing and would put her in the L-Flex Cypher shaft.  If I had known that pxg was going to be at the demo days, I would have told my wife to wait until then to order.  The closest "fitter" is 4 hours away in Seattle.

Reminds me of an auto mechanic taking advantage of someone with no repair experience.  

Back to the range, as we had a 70* day yesterday after almost a week of not breaking 50*. So I got to hit the PXG some more, and this time I actually hit it. Shortening and slowing my backswing kept everything under control, no cold tops today. I had the club set in the standard position but I noticed I was hitting it much lower than I like. So I switched to the Big + which is 1.5 loft and 1.5 flat. That gave me the extra height and a straighter ball flight. I was hitting bullets with this today. Today compared to my first experience has my confidence in the new club back in the right direction. I am really looking forward to getting this out on the course next, and Saturday the weather might cooperate just enough, for at least 9 holes. I noticed I am still hitting the ball low on the club face, so that is something I am going to continue to work on.

The aesthetics of this club are more pleasing than even my first impressions thought they were. The matte crown is fantastic to look at. No glare and incredibly clean. The small white x as an alignment aid is not distracting at all. PXG does have a very dull, muted sound at impact. But it is only a sound. This may be taking me more to get used to because Titleist has a very high pitched "Ka-ping" noise at contact. So far I don't mind it, it's just very different from what I've been hearing for the last 7 years.

Take Dead Aim

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

....I noticed I am still hitting the ball low on the club face, so that is something I am going to continue to work on.

Simple fix....tee it up slightly higher. 

I had something similar going from the Ping to the Sub 70 driver - I had to tee it slightly lower.  I believe it was a shaft difference in how the clubheads were delivered into impact.  The Ping had an Accra M5 flex and the Sub 70 a PX Hazrdous Smoke S flex.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

45 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Simple fix....tee it up slightly higher. 

I had something similar going from the Ping to the Sub 70 driver - I had to tee it slightly lower.  I believe it was a shaft difference in how the clubheads were delivered into impact.  The Ping had an Accra M5 flex and the Sub 70 a PX Hazrdous Smoke S flex.

You're right, that's usually is the fix, and I use 3 1/4 tees on the course. Right now it's still soggy in Ohio, so we're stuck with the mats & rubber tees at the driving range. Oh well, may get a different look this weekend if I can get on the course.

Take Dead Aim

3 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

PXG does have a very dull, muted sound at impact. But it is only a sound. This may be taking me more to get used to because Titleist has a very high pitched "Ka-ping" noise at contact. So far I don't mind it, it's just very different from what I've been hearing for the last 7 years.

I haven’t hit the 0211 but try proto driver to me was louder than any titleist driver I’ve hit and I’ve hit or owned everything since 910 release.

3 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I noticed I am still hitting the ball low on the club face, so that is something I am going to continue to work on.

Could be tee height, ball position, both or your swing whether it’s your swing itself or how your swing is affected but the driver and shaft combo with weight and/or feel

• 1 month later...

Any updates?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter