Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2022 MGS Forum Changes

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie, I just set up my current location - is it possible to have 2 locations with the same user name for us 'snowbirds'? 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I can look into that, but I know you can also change your location at will whenever you like. 

Something I'll definitely looking into and take into consideration. 

No, people can’t be at 2 locations at once; make him move the location as he migrates from place to place.  🤪🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Sweet! I’ve only played in the Village once, and it was over 10 years ago. Some unbelievable courses there- you are a blessed man!!! Maybe we could get a crew to play up there one weekend.

I've only played 2 of the public courses, so far.  I normally play Diamante Country Club, but will eventually play all of the courses in the Village.  (For those that are not familiar with it, Hot Springs Village is a gated community with 8 public courses and one private Country Club).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Love this addition to the forum! I'll try to do my part on the courses I play around Houston and Southeast Texas🏌️‍♂️

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Jamie, can we combine the course reviews under the "FORUM" tab with the course reviews under the "Test & Reviews" tab. Also list the courses either by state or alphabetically. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Jamie, can we combine the course reviews under the "FORUM" tab with the course reviews under the "Test & Reviews" tab. Also list the courses either by state or alphabetically. 

1 for by state if there is an option!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

They are two separate platforms so at the moment hard to combine them. We will look at a solution for it though. 

As for listing don't believe that is a option as it is limited to the functionality of the community map, so you can search using a few different functions, but location doesn't seem to be one of them. In the end most will look at the map to find the courses. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Okay all! 

I'm excited that we will be launching some more features soon! For starters we have done a "forum face lift." 

This will be optional as we know that not all changes are meant for everyone, however I want to thank the Beta Group for assisting and creating pages of feedback and we are now pretty darn close to having it settled and sorted. 

So what does this mean for you?
If you didn't know we have had a dark and light theme for a while now. If this is news to you, go to the very bottom of the page on both mobile and PC and click theme. There we have two at the moment: MyGolfSpy Default and Night Theme. 
Shortly (early next week) you will have 2 more options: MyGolfSpy 2022 - This theme is well a game changer. It brings a fresh look to the forum that fits what the blog looks like a bit more. It also has a built in dark/light theme switch by way of a PAINT CAN ICON next to the NOTIFICATION ICON.... Want a sneak peak? Well respond here and maybe I'll post one for everyone to see! 
The second one is an Alternate Light Theme which is more plain, but still gives a fresh look for those wanting a bit of a change.  

This means you will have 4 (well 5) different options for how you view MGS and its content! For the time being this will be an opt in feature as well, meaning you have to go in and select the new theme to use else you won't see it. At a later date it will be made a OPT OUT, meaning the default will be one of these new themes and as a member you can always choose or go back to one of the old boring ones after visiting the site haha

The final feature is a ChatBox - Here we have rooms setup for discussion on various topics and OEMS. This also has an instant messaging service within it allowing you to message others via chat vs the PM email system. This feature is setup to see missed messages via the one to one messaging, but not the rooms (we have asked the dev to show a little notification for unread messages in rooms as well). It is a non intrusive feature that will allow those who want to chat and communicate via a more instant "discord" like service and will allow all to use the forum still in the same way. 

This feature has many benefits as we can also do messaging AMA's, Spy Meetups discussion and other more instant reaction/discussion for those who want to use it. Of course this is another option feature as those who want to post as per usual will not be deterred by this even while other discussions may be going on. 

I would expect this feature to roll out in the next week or so as we finalize the rooms and categories. 

So if you have questions fire away! 

There are also a few other surprises around the corner and we hope to make 2022 a very exciting year for our membership!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay all! 

I'm excited that we will be launching some more features soon! For starters we have done a "forum face lift." 

This will be optional as we know that not all changes are meant for everyone, however I want to thank the Beta Group for assisting and creating pages of feedback and we are now pretty darn close to having it settled and sorted. 

So what does this mean for you?
If you didn't know we have had a dark and light theme for a while now. If this is news to you, go to the very bottom of the page on both mobile and PC and click theme. There we have two at the moment: MyGolfSpy Default and Night Theme. 
Shortly (early next week) you will have 2 more options: MyGolfSpy 2022 - This theme is well a game changer. It brings a fresh look to the forum that fits what the blog looks like a bit more. It also has a built in dark/light theme switch by way of a PAINT CAN ICON next to the NOTIFICATION ICON.... Want a sneak peak? Well respond here and maybe I'll post one for everyone to see! 
The second one is an Alternate Light Theme which is more plain, but still gives a fresh look for those wanting a bit of a change.  

This means you will have 4 (well 5) different options for how you view MGS and its content! For the time being this will be an opt in feature as well, meaning you have to go in and select the new theme to use else you won't see it. At a later date it will be made a OPT OUT, meaning the default will be one of these new themes and as a member you can always choose or go back to one of the old boring ones after visiting the site haha

The final feature is a ChatBox - Here we have rooms setup for discussion on various topics and OEMS. This also has an instant messaging service within it allowing you to message others via chat vs the PM email system. This feature is setup to see missed messages via the one to one messaging, but not the rooms (we have asked the dev to show a little notification for unread messages in rooms as well). It is a non intrusive feature that will allow those who want to chat and communicate via a more instant "discord" like service and will allow all to use the forum still in the same way. 

This feature has many benefits as we can also do messaging AMA's, Spy Meetups discussion and other more instant reaction/discussion for those who want to use it. Of course this is another option feature as those who want to post as per usual will not be deterred by this even while other discussions may be going on. 

I would expect this feature to roll out in the next week or so as we finalize the rooms and categories. 

So if you have questions fire away! 

There are also a few other surprises around the corner and we hope to make 2022 a very exciting year for our membership!

I just want to say thank you to @GolfSpy_APH and all the other members that were part of the beta team for all the suggestions and to Jamie specifically for working to make the forum a better place to come to. I absolutely love the MGS2022 theme in dark mode, it looks so much better than it ever had. To balance the work here while caring for his little one took a lot of dedication. 

It truly has me excited to see what the future of the forum holds. 

10 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I just want to say thank you to @GolfSpy_APH and all the other members that were part of the beta team for all the suggestions and to Jamie specifically for working to make the forum a better place to come to. I absolutely love the MGS2022 theme in dark mode, it looks so much better than it ever had. To balance the work here while caring for his little one took a lot of dedication. 

It truly has me excited to see what the future of the forum holds. 

Thanks a bunch. It's been a fun learning experience and appreciate the feedback and reporting on the new platforms. 

We have a cool opportunity to bring new life to the forum while not taking away from it's core values. We can build from what this community and previous mods have built and push it further making it a go to golfing forum for testing (both mgs official and non) as well as just being the awesome community we are.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Themes are Live
Chatbox is LIve

Keep in mind that both can and may be adjusted over the next period of time

For those looking at using the THEMES simply scroll to the bottom and tap theme - New options are Mygolfspy 2022 and MGS Alternate Light

Enjoy!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Themes are Live
Chatbox is LIve

Keep in mind that both can and may be adjusted over the next period of time

For those looking at using the THEMES simply scroll to the bottom and tap theme - New options are Mygolfspy 2022 and MGS Alternate Light

Enjoy!

I found the themes,  but where is the chatbox?   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I found the themes,  but where is the chatbox?   

Chatbox should be down in the right hand corner. There is also a main "page" for it up top in the header beside "Gallery"

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I’m loving the MGS Alternate Light theme. It’s very easy on the eyes. Very well done. 👍🏼

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Chatbox should be down in the right hand corner. There is also a main "page" for it up top in the header beside "Gallery"

Nope and Nope from what I see.     The menu names are fAQ, Gallery, and then Streams.    Bottom right for me is a bunch of images that have been recently posted. 

The 2022 theme needs some style help, that background is ugly sorry.

The alternate light theme is nice, but the highlight text color is the same as the text editor so you can't see when you highlight anything. Also the random gray boxes should probably be coded out. Not sure if it's a blank paragraph or something but it looks out of place:

image.png.b70c8a420dc9a11d1793df20b497e8fb.png

There's one on the bottom of the page after the last posted comment as well

edit: tested in Firefox as well, same thing happens with the highlight text color

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

57 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Nope and Nope from what I see.     The menu names are fAQ, Gallery, and then Streams.    Bottom right for me is a bunch of images that have been recently posted. 

Hmm i will have to triple check all the permissions. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hmm i will have to triple check all the permissions. 

Here is a screen grab from my iPad. The chatbox “icon” appears in the lower right. It’s locked in place, always on top as I scroll through a forum page.

136BB80D-18FB-4E82-A66F-1015491EACF8.png.90cab74e2ee7787a262a7bc37d97ad34.png

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

I took a quick video of the Chatbox in “action”.

3 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I took a quick video of the Chatbox in “action”.

IMG_5016.MOV 12.44 MB · 0 downloads  

It can be minimized if you don't want it to take up that space and will revert back to the little chatbox button in the bottom right. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

The 2022 theme needs some style help, that background is ugly sorry.

The alternate light theme is nice, but the highlight text color is the same as the text editor so you can't see when you highlight anything. Also the random gray boxes should probably be coded out. Not sure if it's a blank paragraph or something but it looks out of place:

image.png.b70c8a420dc9a11d1793df20b497e8fb.png

There's one on the bottom of the page after the last posted comment as well

edit: tested in Firefox as well, same thing happens with the highlight text color

As with most changes not everyone is going to like or love them. We will never be able to make anything that appeals to all 30+ thousand active members here. 
The background is a tough one as it needs to suite both dark and light themes and well I tried a variety of different ones and this was the one that turned out the best as well as somewhat the most clear. As it needs to be a long photo and there aren't many of those. Maybe HQ will provide us with a different one that down the road? However for now the Tara Iti fairway stays haha

As for the highlighted text, that is something I should be able to resolve. I'll certainly look into why its doing that and try to find the fix for that. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 3/19/2022 at 4:45 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

As with most changes not everyone is going to like or love them.

Yeah for this old dude on his getting old not-so-smartphone the standard MGS default is going to stay.

Opinions:

MyGolfSpy 2022 - too busy; *hate* the social media icons.

Alternate Light - light grey background actually too distracting, imho.

Dark - does not appear to show as (I would guess...) expected on my phone (older Galaxy S9).

But.... it's nice to have options!! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Just now, cksurfdude said:

Yeah for this old dude on his getting old not-so-smartphone the standard MGS default is going to stay.

Opinions:

MyGolfSpy 2022 - too busy; *hate* the social media icons.

Alternate Light - light grey background actually too distracting, imho.

Dark - does not appear to show as (I would guess...) expected on my phone (older Galaxy S9).

But.... it's nice to have options!! 

The social media icons can be minimized to essentially be hidden using the little arrow. 

Dark has been around forever! Used it for 4 years. 

Again not all changes will be likes by all. However I wouldn't be doing my job for all of you if I wasn't trying to drive the forum forward and making it a better place. These options are part of it, along with more features to come. The chatbox is one ill have to promote more and tweak, but the themes will be a lot of fun moving forward. 

To add to this i went and looked at THP and WRX forums and well found them very bland... From a Aesthetic view and wanted to do something to differentiate MGS and make it more exciting just from a viewing perspective. 

Of course I will as always be transparent and try to notify the membership ahead of any changes as well as walk members through any issues they my have when some occur. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

22 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The social media icons can be minimized to essentially be hidden using the little arrow. 

Dark has been around forever! Used it for 4 years. 

Again not all changes will be likes by all. However I wouldn't be doing my job for all of you if I wasn't trying to drive the forum forward ...

Thx for the reply .. just me griping out loud 😉 (tho I still find the social media icons intrusive even when minimized). Also, dark mode on my .. again older .. phone displays better vs the forum dark theme (Galaxy S9, Android 10/UI 2, Chrome browser). 

But I *DO* appreciate the continuing enhancements and community building improvements!!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Did anyone else have their location changed recently? For some reason my location was changed to somewhere in southern Japan. While I'm sure its lovely there, I've never been.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:33 PM, MattWillGolf said:

Did anyone else have their location changed recently? For some reason my location was changed to somewhere in southern Japan. While I'm sure its lovely there, I've never been.

Mine did the same when I just checked it to see if anyone else added locally. Weird I haven’t touched the settings

30 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Mine did the same when I just checked it to see if anyone else added locally. Weird I haven’t touched the settings

I'll take a look, but don't know what that would happen. Do you use a VPN?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yes, I do use a VPN when on public WiFi. But I normally select a US connection point, New York City, and have never selected a connection point in Japan.

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I do have the VPN setting that is stock on an iPhone but I didn’t select the my current location for the map, unless that doesn’t matter 

I've run an update to the Community Map. 

In the case that your marker has you somewhere you are not, or you have been placed somewhere at random it does look to be a VPN thing when selecting find my location (as has been told to me by the dev) So to remedy this we have disabled the find my location and you can simply go in and Update Location and enter in your address or city of where you live. This should resolve any of the issues. 

In addition, we had it set to sinc with your profile (location included) this may have also caused a bug when updating your profile. This option of Location syncing with profile updates has been turned off as well. However the other info such as SS, Strength and such will still show. 

Sorry it took so long to update and get the answers, but it should work much smoother from here on out and please let me know if you're having issues. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW